How to Downgrade iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2? [Complete Guide]

Here is a step-by-step guide to downgrade your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad 2/1 from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2. As all iDevices supported by iOS 4.3.3 have new bootrom, so this guide is only valid for those who already have SHSH blobs saved for the firmware to which they want to downgrade.

Downgrade iOS 4.3.3 Firmware

Read Before Proceeding:

• iPhone 3GS users with iPad baseband 06.15.00 can only restore custom IPSW of the firmware to which they want to downgrade. Restoring stock IPSW will result in infinite recovery mode loop.
  • If you want to restore stock IPSW of the firmware, you don't need to use iREB to put your iDevice in Pwned DFU mode but if you are restoring custom IPSW made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze, you must use iREB.
  • If you do not have any SHSH blob saved in Cydia or locally on your hard-disk drive then you can NEVER downgrade your firmware. Restoring stock or custom IPSW without SHSH blobs will result in iTunes error 3194.
  • If you rely on an unlocked iPhone and have preserved your unlockable baseband, do not restore stock IPSW otherwise you MAY lose your unlock. If you are still restoring stock IPSW, make sure the baseband of the firmware you are restoring is unlockable using Ultrasn0w.

Steps to Downgrade iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iOS 3.1.3/3.1.2:

1. Download TinyUmbrella for Windows or Mac OS X. To use TinyUmbrella, make sure you have latest version of JDK and JRE installed on your computer. Get it here
  2. Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac via USB cable and start TinyUmbrella software. Select your iDevice from the left-panel of TinyUmbrella and hit the Save SHSH button on the right-panel. Let TinyUmbrella download and save all of your SHSH blobs available in Cydia to your hard-disk drive.
  3. Save SHSH Blobs Using TinyUmbrella

4. If you do not see any SHSH blob in TinyUmbrella (Where red arrow is pointing) then there is no need to proceed further. You can not downgrade your firmware. If you have SHSH blobs for the firmware to which you want to downgrade then download its stock IPSW from the links below or use the custom IPSW you have created using PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.
  5. Download iOS 4.3.2 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen
    Download iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen
    Download iOS 4.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen
    Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad
    Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G & iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G
    Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G & iPod Touch 2G/3G
    Download iPhone OS 3.1.3 for iPhone 3GS/3G/2G
    Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS/3G/2G

6. If you are restoring stock IPSW, skip to step 7 and if you are restoring a custom IPSW, you need to put your iDevice in Pwned DFU state. To do that launch iREB tool, select your iDevice and use the instructions below to put your iDevice in normal DFU mode.
  7. iREB R4 (Main)

• Make sure your iDevice is properly connected to your PC and iTunes is not running in background. Turn OFF your iDevice completely by pressing the Power button.
    • Press the Home+Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iREB detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
  8. As soon as iREB will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will patch its iBoot with Limera1n exploit. Whole patching process usually takes less than 10 seconds.
  9. iREB for iOS 4.3.3 (Exploiting with Limera1n)

10. Once done, iREB will display a confirmation message stating that your iDevice is now in Pwned DFU state and all you need is to restore it using iTunes.
  11. iREB (Pwned DFU Mode)

12. Now switch back to TinyUmbrella window and click on Start TSS Server button. Under the LOG tab, if you see the following two lines in the end, it means that your TSS Server has successfully started.
  13. TSS Server Started!

TSS Accepting connections...

TinyUmbrella (TSS Server)

14. Do NOT disconnect your iDevice from your PC. Launch iTunes and select your iDevice from the side-panel:
  15. iTunes (Select iDevice)

16. Now you will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the SHIFT key (ALT key for Mac) and click on the Restore button.
  17. iTunes (Restore)

18. Browse for the stock or custom IPSW you downloaded in step 3 and click Open to start the restore process.
  19. Restore IPSW Through iTunes

20. Now wait while iTunes restores the firmware on your iDevice. Do not do anything silly while iTunes is restoring your iDevice. Once restored, your iDevice will restart automatically.

Stuck in Recovery Mode After Downgrade?

If your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad gets stuck in recovery mode after firmware restore, you can try the following tools to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop:

Jailbreak Your iDevice After Downgrade:

Tips for Downgrading Your iDevice Firmware:

1. After step 7, open http://gs.apple.com/ in your default browser, it should redirect you to Cydia homepage.
  2. If for some reason TinyUmbrella is not working, just add the following line to your Windows or Mac HOSTS file. In this way, you can skip step 2, 3 & 8.

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

3. Click on the respective links to solve the following errors which you can encounter during the downgrade process:

If you encounter any other error while restoring stock or custom IPSW on your iDevice, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.

AdnanHaider3 years, 10 months ago

during downgrading my iphone 3gs to 4.3.3 to 4.1 an error 37 came

samir4 years, 4 months ago

i m using gevey sim and wanna restor it after i restor it can it work with gevey sim i m restoring 5.0.1

Jessamy994 years, 6 months ago

Thankyou very much for this detailed explanation.
    It enabled me to downgrade my iPhone from 4.2.1 to 4.1.
    I really appreciate your help!

Theodore Bears5 years, 1 month ago

I am having severe troubles, i am running ios 4.2.1 on a ipod touch 2g its laggy slow and annoying i want 4.1 but my build is different everytime i try things to downgrade i get a compatibility issue, and i’ve tried everything i could find, can you help point me in the right direction to get back to 4.1 because i have the ISPW.

Download the right version of the IPSW from here & then restore to it.

Wilson5 years, 1 month ago

I have a 2nd hand iphone 3GS. It’s on 4.3.3, BB 05.16.02. It has already been unlocked by O2, done by the previous owner.

The 4.3.3 means an awful battery life – guaranteed to run out before the day ends.

Can I downgrade the OS to 4.2.1, which I hear is better for the batter?

I don’t – to my knowledge – have any saved SHSHs. I’m not really sure what that means, in fact. I did it once before on a 3G from 4.1 to 3.1.3, and it was easy, with recBoot. Is it different with a 3GS?

Yes, it is different in the case of the 3GS because the 3G never really required an SHSH for its restores, but the 3GS does. W/o an SHSH saved for your device / iOS, you cannot restore / downgrade your device. On your device, what versions of the iOS does Cydia list here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW ? Those are the ones for which you have an SHSH saved.

Ruben5 years, 1 month ago

Hi, I have an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 with BB 6.15.00. My iPhone also has the 5.8 bootloader. I want to downgrade to iOS 3.1.3 for better performance. Is this possible on 6.15.00? If so then how? Also, why doesn’t Fuzzyband work anymore even if you have the 5.8 bootloader?

Fuzzyband would work if you were on a much lower version of the BB than your currently on. Your on 06.15.00 which cannot be downgraded. Download the right one for your device from here http://bit.ly/ivIkMg & restore to the same in a pwned DFU mode.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

I have tried it that way numerous times with numerious different software versions and it always pops up that the software is not compatible.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

I do not have any shsh saved for this device. When I received it it was like it is now. It is like it is blank. No matter how many times or ways I can not get it to restore not even to the current software that is available. Can you direct me to a way to get it to restore even if I do not have any shsh for the device and I know none has been saved for it. Or is there a way.

i did already mention it my previous reply. Guess you missed it.
      Performing a direct restore from iTunes itself by clicking the restore button.

xoutxgunnedx5 years, 1 month ago

I am currently on iphone 3gs 4.3.3 bb 6.15.00 my question is i want to downgrade from 4.3.3 is it possible i read you can not an i have read you can which is it an if so how can i do it.

Only if you have the necessary SHSH saved for that particular iOS version you wish to restore to. You can read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & get your questions answered in much more detail.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

It is a Ipod Touch 4th generation Ipod. Yes I have tried to restore it to stock thru Itunes and the same things pops up every time. It is like it is stuck in the dfu mode. Oh well no matter what I try it will not work.

Then try performing a direct restore from iTunes itself w/o the Shift + Restore.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

I knew I was buying a Ipod Touch 4g. I am not stupid. When I received it, it was in this condition and I thought I could revive it. I never did one thing to it. So in your opinion is it trash? Apparently someone (not me) put the wrong firmware on it and screwd it up. But why cant it take software thru itunes?

Frankly speaking, I have absolutely no idea what device are your currently having. If your having an iPT4G, restore it to iOS 4.3.5 stock IPSW from iTunes. Make sure that your choosing the iPT4G IPSW ONLY to avoid any compatibility errors.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

Yes I have tried every possible method to restore it. All I ever get in itunes is that the firmware is not compatible or software for this iphone is not compatible. It is a Ipod Touch 4g and not a Iphone. I did something last night and it found it as a iphone 4 gsm or csm. I forgot which one I have done so many things. Also redsnow trys to install software on it and the little writing flys by on the screen and then it slows down and I see somewhere it says invalid or corrupted nand. To bad you can not format and just reinstall the system like on a PC. I am about ready to trash it because I feel there is no hope for it.

Its too bad to know that you can’t distinguish b/w an iP4 & an iPT4G just by looking at it. Please Google the pictures for their respective names & make up your mind first. By doing something, nothing makes an iPT4G change itself into an iP4 overnight whatsoever.

Joe In Ky5 years, 1 month ago

I got a Ipod touch 4g and it seems to be there is nothing on the unit to let it restore. Redsnow says something about invalid or corrupted nand. I do not have any shsh files from it and tinyumbrella says there is none to cache or something like that. I did something that found it as iphone 3.1. I do know the history on it. I have tried possible method to restore but it always say firmware file is not compatible. Is it trash?
    I should say that I do not know the history of the Ipod.

Did you try restoring it to the latest iOS 4.3.5 from iTunes? Does the restore error out / something with a specific error code?

James5 years, 2 months ago

Thanks a lot! We have some success! It restored completely, so now I will be able to jailbreak and unlock untethered which was the original goal!

Thanks so much.

One more question is that it will not back up/sync to the old firmware on my phone now.. is there a way I can get it to do this or will i need to add contacts manually through itunes somehow?

Unfortunately no. If your actual backup was anything less than the iOS 4.1, it would have worked. But since your backup was on something higher than the iOS 4.1 itself, you will now have to add them in manually. iOS backups aren’t backward compatible with earlier versions of its iOS.

James5 years, 2 months ago

That’s the issue I think… I reset it and no apple sign comes up. Every time it resets its automatically in DFU state.. When using redsnow to go into pwned state should i use the 4.3.3 ispw to look at first as that matches the current firmware then try to install the 4.1 custom through itunes? I have tried both the 4.1 standard when pwning and 4.3.3 standard..

Not sure how I can even get into recovery mode.. the screen stays black and is in a continous DFU mode as I can here it turning on and off with the computer sound. and Redsnow etc picks up the DFU straight away without me needing to hold the buttons to go into it.. weird..

any other ideas? I should be an expert now.. Im pretty sure i do everything right..

1. Reset phone
    2. Pwned through redsnow pointing at a standard apple firmware
    3. Check hosts file
    4. Start itunes
    5. Shift restore and point to custom 4.1 ISPW
    6. Phone resets after it extracts screen stays black and 1600 error comes up

Do I need Tiny umbrella open with TSS feeds on also when I do this??

Perform a stock restore of iOS 4.1 by removing all references to Cydia from your hosts file via iTunes. Once in the recovery loop, use TU to kick it out of it.

James5 years, 2 months ago

I had my 3GS updated to 4.3.5 accidentally then upgraded my BB to 6.15.00 now I had managed to downgrade some how?? tethered boot only to 4.3.3 in which I had no shsh blobs for, with the tethered boot I have no signal… Looking in TU I have a 4.1 and 4.3.5 blobs available on Cydia. So now I am trying to downgrade again to 4.1 with a custom made ispw from snow breeze, as that is the only one I should be able to install through iTunes as 6.15.00 can only take customs right?

I have a range of errors in ITunes when trying the restall.. 1600-1602… In which if im not mistaken is because it thinks im not in a pwned DFU state.. When actually I do put it in but it restarts, and goes into normal DFU state..

PS my phone is currently always in DFU state.. it resets to it ATM and im not really sure what to do.. have tried recboot.. and all sorts…

Is it even possible for what I’m trying to do have probably spent abot 40 hours on it in the last week…. :/

Help…

Make sure that each time it fails at 1600, you unplug your device, reboot it by holding down the Home+Power button for approx 15 secs until you see the Apple logo & then replug & redo the pwned DFU steps. Also, use Redsn0w instead of iReb to get the pwned DFU mode done much quicker w/o any issues.

banzai_gag5 years, 2 months ago

hello guys,
    I received 7 days ago an iphone 3g iOS 4.2.1 baseband 06.15.00. And as we all know, it slow down the phone so i downgraded my iOS to 3.1.3. After a jailbreak, everything was perfect but now the problem is for the unlock. How do i unlock an iphone 3g iOS 3.1.3 with a baseband 06.15.00. (note that my bootload version is not 5.08 or 5.8 so cannot downgrade my baseband).

need help please ..

Bootloader versions doesn’t matter for the 06.15.00 BB as it can neither be downgraded. Use Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 to unlock your device.

Ipadlad5 years, 2 months ago

Spent a whole day trying to fix my ipad, looked at this page and it took 10 minutes! thanks so much!! you guys are quality!!!!!!!

dreezy5 years, 2 months ago

need help kicking my device outta boot i am getting error 1004 from itunes and i tried downgrading from 4.3.3 to 4.1 for the emulators lol

Eh, please detail your iDevice specs like iOS / BB & SHSH availability. Do you have a valid SHSH saved for iOS 4.1 via Cydia / TU?

Lolwutsyou5 years, 2 months ago

My tss server won’t start, it’s stuck on “Accepting Connections” From Log.

Ofcourse that’s not all. You need to now perform the restore to your IPSW via iTunes.

Abdul5 years, 3 months ago

Dude … Tried it again but in vain. :-(

Make sure that you have downloaded the right iOS version that belongs to your iPhone model ONLY. Also, re-download the IPSW file if necessary & try again.

Abdul5 years, 3 months ago

I have SHSH blobs saved for my device. Its getting displayed on Cydia homepage and TU as well.

Point your hosts file to Cydia by opening up TU & setting it like this http://bit.ly/qqFuve. Quit it & then use a custom 4.3.3 IPSW for your restore via iTunes in a pwned DFU mode. Remember, only to those versions that you see listed by Cydia can you restore to successfully.

Abdul5 years, 3 months ago

I did everything right. In step 10/11 when i click on shift+restore, iTunes throws an error “iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible”.

:-(

Currently on 4.3.3, BB 6.15
    Tried downgrading to 4.2.1

This method works only if you have any SHSH blob saved for your device/iOS via Cydia / TU. Fire up Cydia first & then have a look at its homepage here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you see iOS 4.3.3 listed, only then can you restore to it & if you don’t see one, your just too late to save one for your device.

Prairie_rider5 years, 3 months ago

Hi. I have two iPhone 3G’s. One is 8G model, IOS 4.1, bb 5.14.02. The other is 16GB, IOS 4.2.1 BB 5.15.04. Is the only way to unlock these iPhones to install BB 6.15.00?

Yes, that’s correct. Installing the iPadBB is the only way that you can currently unlock your iP3G’s.

Snake5 years, 3 months ago

Hi.Can anyone tell me,is there a solution to my problem.I downgraded my 3GS from 4.3.3 to 4.2.1 and when i clicked on the back up button it tells me that the software of the Iphone is too old and the process doesn`t go on.In that case i cannot use my data.Is there any way at least to save my contact numbers?

You will need to save them manually & restore them back manually from your previous backup itself by using 3rd party tools like iPhone Backup Extractor & so on. There is no other work around for this as Apple doesn’t provide any backward compatibility when it comes to backups/restores.

Bulldog2065 years, 3 months ago

Im a new to the iphone thing put I have picked things up ve(ry quickly, I have an iphone 3gs with 4.2.1(8C148a) modem is 05.15.04, can I downgrade firm and do the jail break thing, thanks in advance!

You can perform the jailbreak on your current iOS (4.2.1) itself. You need not downgrade/restore to any of the other iOS versions at all. Use Redsn0w0.9.8b5.

Iphone Dude5 years, 3 months ago

I cant get passed error 1394 with any custom or regular firmware with out TU and with TU if its Custom or I have an I signed original firmware either one if I restore in pwned DFU mode it leaves the phone in DFU mode afterwords and I tried on every comp I can think of and it doesnt work any clues to why?

Note: I won’t be editing your post again, so make sure you keep your comments professional around here rather than swearing.
      Only if you have an SHSH blob saved for your device for that version to which your trying to restore will you ever be able to pass the 3194 & get a successful restore. When you don’t have one to even begin with, how would you expect TU to help, may it be custom/stock?

Ernesto5 years, 3 months ago

Ok to upgrade TU don’t need to be open,to downgrade i have to do the above guide… Right? And unactive custume firmware is the people who are in official carrier ? Now i think i got it :)) thank u mucho thank u…..i follow u guys on twitter from El Salvador,sorry 4 my bad ingles but i know u guys comprende hahahaha…..thank u !!!

Ernesto5 years, 3 months ago

Ok as far i uderstand that is no need to have TU open in the restore process? I allready check whit cydia and i do have 4.2.1 blobs saved….and 1 more thing i’m on windows vista

Yep that’s right, just set TU to the options I had mentioned earlier about & go ahead with the restore.

Ernesto5 years, 3 months ago

Hello,i have this iphone 3gs 3.1.3 that i want tu update to 4.2.1 using tinyUmbrella and i have save that blob,the question is……is that ok to jailbreak after restore to 4.2.1 whit redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 Or which version should i have to use?…..thanks for helping us :)

You should never use a stock IPSW for your restores. Instead, you need to always use a custom IPSW for your iOS 4.2.1 restore. Download it from here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH. First you need to confirm if you actually have an SHSH blob for your device on Cydia (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW) . If yes, open up TU, set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Next, put your iPhone into a pwned DFU mode using Redsn0w ONLY (http://bit.ly/pioV9v). Now you can go ahead, open up iTunes & Shift+Restore to this custom IPSW which is jailbroken out-of-the-box.

a41555 years, 3 months ago

Hello

I just bought an iphone 4, connected it to itunes and upgraded to 4.3.5 and BB 4.10.01 :(. Iphone is in ‘non-activated’ condition. The phone was bought in UK and I am trying to use it here in India. While using TinyUmbrella in ‘saved SHSHs for iphone:’ it is showing 4.3.5, 5.0b1, 5.0b2, 5.0b3.
    Please tell me how to downgrade it to lower versions so I could jailbreak and use it with a gevey sim

Sorry, but you cannot downgrade your iP4 unless you have the SHSH blobs saved for your device for an earlier iOS version. Also, you cannot expect any brand new idevice to have its SHSH blob already saved for you right-off the shelf.

S.Jewel5 years, 3 months ago

Hi …
    I am new to this site… Anyway thanks for your help I read all the comments…
    Here is my problem: I have an iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.3 (8J2)
    I unlocked it and I think I changed the BB to 06.15.00 at that moment, however
    It was working nicely… All of a sudden the phone is completely soundless…
    Then it came back after 1 day… Then it’s gone again for couple of hours..
    It was like back and forth .. I thought it was problem with iOS so I try upgrade it to
    4.3.5… Then my phone was stuck on recovery mode and iTunes connect logo ….
    I try so many things..but I don’t know how.. I got it back to my old stage but unlock.. But NO SOUND again..Now what u want me to do??? Now it’s iOS is 4.3.3 (8J2) BB 06.15.00. Also is it possible to downgrade my phone to 4.2.1??

Looks to me its more of an hardware issue than a s/w related one. So downgrading your iOS will not be of any help either. You might want to get that checked with the local Apple Store or a mobile repair outlet instead.

Snake5 years, 3 months ago

Yeah,but on Tiny umbrella window is shown that:
    iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.0.2 (8A400)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.3 (8F190)-1363753672110
    iPhone3GS 4.3.3 (8J2)-1363753672110
    In that case do i need to do this process with ifaith,because i see that the blobs for 4.3.3 are saved,or these row means another thing?And also i would like to ask having a look of that text,thqt i have coppied,do you think that i could go to 4.2.1 firmware without problems?
    Thank you.

Yes ofcourse you can. Set you settings in TU like this http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1, exit it, create a custom IPSW of iOS 4.1 ONLY & restore to it using iTunes. Do not use TU anymore/anywhere.

Snake5 years, 3 months ago

Hi.I am with 3GS with 4.3.3 firmware and i have the SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 saved.If i tried to downgrade to 4.2.1 and something go wrong,can i put 4.3.3 firmware back and have my phone working.I would like to go to 4.2.1 firmware,but i am a little bit worried,because after 2 weeks fights with this stupid Iphone i just made it to work ot 4.3.3 firmware.
    Thank you.

No you cannot unless you use iFaith to save an SHSH blob for you for iOS 4.3.3. Read this first http://bit.ly/qIa3E7 & then you can downgrade using custom IPSWs.

costin5 years, 3 months ago

To all those who are struggling downgrading or jailbreaking idevices. One thing: always upgrade to the latest version then you will be able to downgrade or jailbreak to any version (shsh saved). I did it on two ipads. from 4.3.5. downgraded to 4.3.2. From 4.3.2. upgraded to 4.3.5 so i can jailbreak it to 4.3.2. worked fine with snowbreeze.
    -erase gs.apple.com line from hosts (if it’s there)
    -download firmware version to which you want to downgrade.
    -update to latest firmware in itunes (dfu mode, etc).
    -go to hosts and add the gs.apple.com line.
    -use snowbreeze to customize downloaded firmware (yours).
    -follow snowbreeze steps.
    -additional tiny umbrella on start server.(not sure if it;s necesarry).

if it’s not working could be shsh not present (dead end).

Tiny Umbrella is not required in this case because you have already edited the hosts file.

samwong5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Pramod,

I have 4.3.5 and 4.1 SHSH saved. on BB 5.16 too

An reader previously with 4.3.3 and 4.1 SHSH asked if it was possible to downgrade to 4.1 then upgrade to 4.2.1. You said no. Can I ask why? Thank you.

Because he still needs an SHSH blob (for iOS 4.2.1) to go from 4.1 -> 4.2.1. An SHSH is necessary for any kind of update/restore without which iTunes will error out a 3194 error code.

Siddharth5 years, 4 months ago

Dear Pramod,

I can understand that without redirecting gs.apple.com to cydia’s server, restore process won’t get successful.

Ofcourse, I hv saved SHSHs using TU and after exit from TU application I had manually edited the hosts file. So, thr is no issue of ticked or unticked “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” option under TU.

If am I right, then this redirecting failure is due to proxy enabled internet connectivity what am I using. Right now I don’t hv internet connection without Proxy server.
    So, can u pls suggest me, is thr any way to use locally saved SHSH blobs to restore firmware without any internet connectivity (assuming I dont hv internet connection).

You dint get my point right. Please read my previous comment once again. You need not go & manually change the hosts file if you perform the steps as I had suggested.
      You can indeed use the Start TSS server option to use your locally saved SHSH blobs instead of TU. This will not grab the SHSH from Cydia, rather it’ll pick it up from your local machine. But an internet connectivity is very well required one way or the other for iTunes to start the process.

Siddharth5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Pramod,

I have tried to restore my IPhone 3GS with CFW 4.2.1 cooked using Snowbreeze 2.2.1 (Expert mode). As you hv suggested 1st I used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 to put it in PWNed DFU mode then I hv edited the hosts file and added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com at bottom of it. While restoring with Itunes I hv ended with error 3194.

Please note that following situations which may help u to figure out my problem.

1.At stage after editing hosts file, I hv tried to open gs.apple.com in my browser and it was supposed to redirect to cydia server webpage but it was redirected to apple error page http://www.apple.com/404.

2. Already I hv saved my SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 and 4.1 FWs using TU and I am using internet connection with proxy.

By using TU do you mean that the SHSH blobs are actually saved locally on your desktop as well? What you need to get working on is the redirection because if you infact edited them, it should very well redirect you to Cydia’s homepage. You might want to try this as well,
      Check (if its not already ticked) the Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit option from under TU’s Advanced menu & exit TU. After that, check if the redirection is working. If yes, redo the restore via iTunes.
      Bottomline: Get the redirection working first !!

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh!! so how in world to people get this BB in the first place? i thought it was through the iTunes update? why would itunes change teh BB? (if this is the case, im not sure how my IP3GS got it in the first place, maybe the user before me did, not sure) I will try the FixRec43 and see what happens…..i think this is why i have poor speeds, i have the wrong BB!! Damn it………..

Simple !! iTunes never changes it. The BB update is always done by using tools like Redsn0w/Sn0wbreeze. You really wouldn’t be holding an unlockable iP3GS if it wasn’t for the iPad BB.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

But the 4.3.5 was made for this BB right? your telling all the 10xx errors are BB related? I figured they were related because of the jailbreak as when you click on more information when it give the error code, it states that this is due to “unauthorized editing to the OS”….. I’m confused a little here….the error i always get is always 1015, nothing else….and no tools that are available that allegedly kick it out of this boot loop are able to do so, like iREB

Obviously not !! The stock iOS 4.3.5 comes with a 05.16.xx version of the BB & you already have a BB much higher than that which is the iPad BB. When Apple restore checks this, it kicks you into the recovery loop. So Yes, the 10xx errors are always due to a BB mismatch. FixRec43 can solve this, but on iOS 4.3.5 we receive mixed results from our readers.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

And what about removing the jailbreak completely and being able to officially upgrade to the 4.3.5 firmware through ITunes without getting that dreaded 10xx error code?? What is the procedure to completely remove any remnants of the jailbreak so itunes will successfully upgrade my phone without any issues? Do i have to like downgrade to 4.2 or 4.1 even, and upgrade from there step by step? I really wanna be able to put teh offical stuff just to do a comparison and see if i get faster speeds…..

That’s just not possible since the update made to your BB is irreversible, your bound to get the 10xx errors via any stock IPSW. The only way to get it out is by being able to restore your iPhone using a custom IPSW to that iOS version for which you currently have an SHSH blob saved.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

hey Pramod, i tried with wifi, and I get the same speed i get with my Sony X10, betweem 5-8Mbps download and upload is always around the 2Mbps mark. Its just the 3G with the IP3GS is way slower that with the Sony X10. I tried it again now, and with the Sony I get between 2-3Mbps d/l and 1.0-1.5Mbps u/l consistently and my ping number is always around 20-40ms tops. Where as the IP3GS the best it gets is 1.3Mbps d/l and .5Mbps u/l and the ping is way up in the 240ms-270ms….i dont get it….i just wanna ask is there away to completely remove the jailbreak and install the official firmware through Itunes just to do a comparison test?? im pretty comfortable in my knowledge now to be able to jailbreak it again. Im already stuck with the 6.15 baseband right? there hasn’t been a way to reinstall the 5.15 baseband to see if that would give me a better result?

Nope, as of now there is no ETA on the BB downgrade tool, so yes your pretty much stuck on the iPadBB as of now. :(

Siddharth5 years, 4 months ago

Dear Pramod,
    Thanks for ur support. I hv already saved SHSH blobs for IOS 4.2.1 and IOS 4.1 from cydia using tinyumbrella.
    I had tried to restore custom firmware of IOS 4.2.1 (cooked using snowbrezze) but ended with error 1015, and sometimes 1601, 1603, 20.

I am using internet connection with proxy setting, is it a problem..

Please guide me

Not possible !! You will never encounter the 10xx errors if you really where using a custom IPSW simply because these are BB mismatch error codes & Sn0wbreeze never touches the BB at all during a restore. Make sure that your using Sn0wB v2.2.1 for creating your 4.2.1 custom IPSW & restore only by putting your device into a pwned DFU state using Redsn0w http://bit.ly/pioV9v (16xx errors) & only then restore from iTunes. Avoid using TU at all costs & only use the edited host files as your source of Cydia server.

Siddharth5 years, 4 months ago

I have IPhone 3GS (IOS 4.2.1, Baseband 06.15.00, Jailbreaked with Redsnow 0.69b6).
    Yesterday accidently I have upgraded my IPhone using Itunes, which results into failed upgradation to IOS 4.3.5.
    Now I dont know which IOS is on my iphone, and I am not able to start my Iphone.

Pls help me

Restore back to iOS 4.2.1 if Cydia ever listed iOS 4.2.1/any other iOS versions below 4.3.3 like this for your device http://bit.ly/p07pX2 using a custom cooked IPSW either by Pwnage/Sn0wbreeze.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

Hey Pramod, just wanted to update and say that the ultrasn0w worked fine and I finally have my IPhone up and running completely….i also followed teh steps you linked to about SAM and that went through perfectly as well, the only step that didn’t get done to the letter, was step 9, 10 and of course 11, as my iphone was already synced to itunes and when I connected the phone to Itunes, it just synced the phone regularly with no messages prompting that the phone has been activated, but I have the confirmation from step 13, and my iphone says “wildcard activated” so im assuming all is well. But there is one thing that still bugs me…..I’m currently switching between this Iphone and my all faithful, and in my opinion just as good Sony Xperia X10 running on GingerBread 2.3.3, and when I do a speedtest from the SpeedTest App from Ookla, on my Xperia, i normally hit between 2-2.5 Mbps download, 1.5-2 Mbps upload on multiple tests, where as this Iphone cannot surpass the 1.3Mbps mark download, which was the best I could get, and a miserly 0.3 Mbps upload. All these tests are done at my house and I always have 5 bars here, never drops less than that. Any logical explanation? both phone have the fast 3G specs, the 7.2 Mbps HSPA accessibility……

As long as its showing you Wildcard Activated, you have nothing to worry about. Hard to actually zero-in on what could be the issue with your 3G speeds. There could be many factors affecting the iPhone probably the iPad BB itself (just a guess). Perform a speed test on your house internet connection as well to see if your getting degraded iP3GS speeds over the Wi-Fi.

Chok5 years, 4 months ago

I restored my 3GS(old bootroom) from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3, and it stuck in the recovery mode. At first i was able to boot tethered it using redsn0w then i jailbroke it. After i installed cydia and the phone just off and this time i was unable to reboot it using any tools(tinyumbrella,recboot,fixrecovery) and to make the matter worst i can’t even restore it to the latest os(4.3.5)… and the phone now is stuck in recovery loop… plz help… thanks….

You need to confirm first if you ever had an SHSH blob saved for iOS 4.3.3 on Cydia for your device. If not, you cannot restore to 4.3.3 & so go back to iOS 4.2.1 itself.

kervens5 years, 4 months ago

ok i have a ipod touch 2g on 4.1
    im trying to downgrade to 4.0 so i can jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com
    but itunes throws up the 3194 error
    and i cant turn on TSS serve on Tinyumbrella (TU)
    i think its because i change the host file to default.. now when i go look for it its says “host.old” i edited it with the server key u guys said the “74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com”
    and i forgot to say my pc cant open i reb at all

and i have another ipod touch 4g 4.3.4… its stuck on a infinite look .. and i tried downgrading it from DFU while its stuck with that apple logo (its been like that since yesterday afternoon) .. and it still wont downgrade any thing i should do.. i really want to get out of this infinite loop.. i just got my ipod and 2 days later i jailbreaked it with red snow (tethered) and my friend downloaded a themem and it had to restart he didnt know when u have a thethred jailbreak when ever u restart the ipod i have to open redsn0w again to just thethered it.. -.- HELP ME PLEASE.. any ideas

this is for the ipod touch 4g 4.3.4 im trying to downgrade to 4.3.3:

it dont work i keep trying to open ireb
    i get a : iREB-r4.exe – Application Error
    “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application” .. WDF i tried it like 5 times -.-
    i keep getting a message when i try the downgrade
    it says “The ipod “ipod” could not be restored. An unknown error occured(20).” and it gives me the option to click OK or More information.. when i click OK it just close the error message, when i click more information it brings me to thwe apple website (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275)
    the problem is that i have 4.3.4 and its thethered
    so when ever i restart the ipod i have to boot it to thethered mode with red snow ( which is gay but oh well) thats why im trying to downgrade
    so i jailbroked it and my friend went on cydia and downloaded a theme.. but the ipod had to restart .. it restarted and the apple logo came up nowww its stuck like that .. (its been like that for hours ) since like 5:00 pm est. (canada,quebec,montreal)
    and i keep putting it on DFU MODE and i aalways get the connect ipod to itunes logo pic thing (http://www.ifans.com/forums/imgcache2/45170.png)
    i tried everything restarting, dfu mode, leaving it plugged in, and left it unplug for a couple mintues.. i watched videos on youtube saying leave it plugged intoo itunes hold home n off buttom until itunes kinda reconize it.. but i only have the option to restore it on itunes even that dont work and i try to update to see if i can get out of the mod and i cant even update it to 4.3.5 n im on 4.3.4
    i tried jailbreaking it like that with redsnow and it finished but when it restarted it went right back to how it was the apple logo for hours –.. i tried everything tinyumbrella ,Tinyumbrella TSS SERVER is running ..
    ileft all its settings and it still didnt work
    then i changed the setting and only left the last box checked
    ” when connecting a device, prefer…” that one
    when my ipod is on recovery mode it shows up on recovery devices and it has a big ? (question mark) and the number 1114119 as my ipod.. idunno why..!! i even try clicking exit recovery modeand its still stuck at apple logo sign thingy WTH.. WDF!! and when i put it in dfu or recovery mode or wat ever it says on my itunes.. like most of the things are n/a and my actually ipod name doesnt show up.. it just says ipod -_-… HELP ME FIX THIS PPLEASE.. i have the 5.007 version
    im downlaod the 5.009 one now to try this again later.. its tsuck at 3% wth.. f this pc/.. do u think its my pc or ipod touch 4g … oh yeah and its a MC model..

For your iPT2G issue,
      Check (if its not already ticked) & then uncheck the Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit option from under TU’s Advanced menu & exit TU. This basically removes the IP address from your Hosts file. For an iPT2G, editing of the hosts file isn’t necessary at all. Now restore your device using the iOS 4.0 IPSW from iTunes. It should work just fine then. NO, you cannot use JBMe anymore since it has been updated to support iOS 4.3.3. Use Geohot’s Limera1n to jailbreak your device on iOS 4.0.x.

For your iP4G issue, restore to iOS 4.3.5 on a different PC via iTunes (Please do not use an edited Hosts file here. Remove any references of Cydia from here.), jailbreak it (still tethered) using Redsn0w0.9.8b4 by actually pointing it to iOS 4.3.4 & check what iOS versions does Cydia lists for you like this http://bit.ly/p07pX2. Only to those versions of the iOS can you then restore to with success & under all circumstances, avoid using TU at any cost unless you have the SHSH blobs saved locally.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

I actually never installed ultrsn0w in my iphone,should u try that first? I have the 6.15 baseband unfortunately is there an ultrasn0w for that? I have access to another sim card to try your suggestion. I basicallyvwnt itunes to ask me to activate my iphone like it did when I was able to first get it to work. Now, it never asks me that. Even if I erase all other sync history and other backups ITunes may have, it Sony ask me no matter ho many times I restore it. Is there another way to go about this? I bridge this is all I need to get my iphone to work.

Yes ofcourse !! Ultrasn0w is the tweak that completes your unlock procedure right after the jailbreak. It definitely will not function unless you install Ultrasn0w. Also, iTunes will not ask you to activate since the jailbreak procedure has already Hacktivated the iPhone for you. You can use SAM to officially activate your iPhone via iTunes. Read this http://bit.ly/mDpDwr.

Frank5 years, 4 months ago

had 4.3.3 downgraded to 4.1 all good, unlocked but again NO SIGNAL BARS, 2 weeks with that iphone my head is gona explode, unlocked before on 4.3.3 updated to ipad baseband 6.15 (becouse some idiot advised) all ok but no signal bars, it can see the carrier name but NO SIGNAL BARS!!!! them iphones are rubbish, but i still like them.. guys is my problem with that baseband because ive done it 6.15, tried everything, just can take it anymore, how to get it working. P.S. iphone 3gs 4.1 6.15
    any help would be appreciated.

That’s bad because it seems your iP3GS IMEI has been blacklisted by your carrier as it could have been reported either lost/stolen. Did you make sure if it was working fine while you had purchased it ? Its definitely not the 06.15.00 BB’s fault here. Call up your carrier/seller & confirm the details first.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

Basically, i think Im gonna have to put the stock offical firmware here, how do I go about removing COMPLETELY the jailbreak and put the Official firmware so I do not get the 1015 error code at the end??

You can create a custom Pwnage Tool IPSW for your iDevice w/o adding Cydia to it, but then what’s the point of not having a JB (Cydia) since your someone who relies on an unlock?

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

Hey Pamod, another hurdle here…..not relevant to this topic but I guess i should ask here first……now that my iphone 3gs is working now, i went and called AT&T to activate my phone etc, etc….now that I put my SIM card in it, there is no service??? I can reboot and turn back off and turn back on and no go, it will not connect to AT&T. I know its not the phone, cause the person I bought it from, was calling me and texting me from the phone, so i know that it works……is this software related??

Well technically it should still work because the main idea behind Ultrasn0w is to unlock your BB & open it up to any carrier SIM. Well make sure that you have Ultrasn0w installed & that its on a supported BB version. No Service generally suggests that though your iPhone is able to read the SIM , it isn’t able to actually grab a signal for your SIM. Try a non-AT&T SIM to see if the issue still persists.

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

Hey just wanted to say that it was not my installation…..and it was not the screen either…..it was the digitizer!!! i put the original cracked digitizer, that still works, but its just cracked, and put the NEW lcd adn connected everything and VIOLA!!!! i can see my iphone normally now….who would of thought it would of the digitizer!!??? WELL LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL, NOT EVERYTHING YOU BYE WILL WORK, EVEN THOUGH ITS NEW!!!! Thanks Pramod for the suggestion. Your a cool guy!!

Update: Ok, just wanted to confirm what the issue was…..the new digitzer!!! i installed back the old lcd and the iphone desktop appeared fine, and then i installed the NEW digitizer, and the phone would respond, but then freeze, so then i put the old cracked digitizer with the new LCD and it worked fine……it was the new digitizer holding me up all this time!!! Unbelievable!! Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Awesome !! Glad that I could be of some help though hardware isn’t one of my strengths. :D

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

I kinda thought that route your going as well, but in the process where i was trying to get out of boot loop, i was able to install some other custom firmware, and when that was going on, you saw the icons change through teh screen, you saw the pineapple with legs and the status bar at the bottom moving from left to right and all that……….tell you what, im gonna put back the old screen and see if that does anything…….i will report back in about an hour……

Kevin5 years, 4 months ago

Hello,

I will give a brief intro of my IPhone 3GS- Its phone i got for a steal for $80 from a local guy cause teh glass screen was cracked and the LCD would work, but was very dark, teh LCE lights did not work. But put a lamp on it you can see fine…anyways, the original firmware the iphone had i believe was 3.0.1, or somewhere along those lines and was jailbrokem, cause you can see a Cydia icon. In any case, i replaced the glass and lcd (bought a whole kit all together digitizer and mid frame, and the lcd separate. I installed it my self, i have done many phones/ipods/mp3 player repairs so im no newbie at this. Everything was done fine, no nicking or cutting happened, just simple unplug, remove and replace, thats it.

Long story short, when I connected the iphone back to the computer, it would not go passed the apple logo. Tried all sorts of way to get out of it, no go. So i figured my only chance is upgrading it through Itunes offically (yeah i know, you can curse me out, i know now im an idiot for doing it) so itunes updated it to 4.3.5, baseband 6.15…fine…at the end i got the 1015 error, tried TU, iREB, iRecovery, everything i could find, nothing got it out of the loop..until i came across your site. I was able to, i guess partially, install 4.3.3 some other way and I was able to connect my iphone to itunes as if it was on….but its still in the apple logo. so i was able to get SHSH blobs through TU to many past OS’s, from 4.0 to 4.3.3. GREAT!!! so i downgraded to 4.3.3 through your steps and everything went perfectly…no error codes no nothing…..GREAT RIGHT!!! YESS!!! NOOOO…..onces my phone allegedly booted up and Itunes asks me to sync iphone or create new profile and all that….ITS STILL IN THE APPLE LOGO!!! IT WILL NOT GET OUT OF THIS LOGO!!! Please tell me i have a chance to getting this fixed…as I said before, it worked fine before the repair, you could hear music and sync with itunes and all, and i can even do that now( well only add music, when i try to go to teh appps tab on my iphone on itunes, it freezes, and i have to abort itunes)

I do apologize for this long post, but im pretty much stuck here, i just hope its not eternally bricked……….

Ok. So what I can deduce from this is that your iPhone was definitely working before you repaired your screen. That’s why you were able to see your iOS version & Cydia’s icon. You were able to see your SHSH blobs saved by Cydia using TU because even when your screen was showing you the Apple logo because your iPhone was perfectly working even then. Only then will TU be able to detect your iDevice in the first place. If your device was indeed in a recovery loop, TU wouldn’t have even detected it in the first place. This is also backed up by your scenario where iTunes asks you to set it up as a new device because again even when it is still showing you the Apple logo, the iOS on your device is perfectly running. So this definitely seems to be some sort of issue that is connected with the repair & the iOS connectivity where your device isn’t able to display the right screen as the output. You might want to show it at an Apple store near you to get it fixed.

James5 years, 4 months ago

Thank you. You have been very knowlegeable and helpful.

There are so many sites out there with misinformation. A lot of titles to tutorials are just changing the wording to fit new updates, however the information is old (probably for SEO).

Thanks again.

Piyush trivedi5 years, 4 months ago

i was unlocking my iphone 3gs, I changed my baseband to 6.15 then i was about to install ultrasnow at that moment my cydia was stuck n was showing msg of Preparing filsystem,so i tried to restore and from then I am getting error 1015 and your firmware is not compatible.. Plz help me.. worried

You need to have the SHSH blobs saved for your device to which your trying to restore to either on Cydia/TinyUmbrella/ iFaith. Do you have them? Read this first http://bit.ly/pUDssX.

James5 years, 4 months ago

Very strange. I have been using TinyUmbrella since the beginning of this grand iPhone jailbreaking adventure and I have not seen any Shsh’s listed. However, today I see a 4.1 Shsh listed for some reason. I have opened it many times before and never seen anything listed.

I’m going to give downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.1 a try. Is it correct to say that because I am on the 06.15.00 BB that I can no longer restore to a “stock” firmware? I’ve been reading all these tutorials on how easy it is to downgrade with the Shsh’s, but these are on the the othe BBs.

I am thinking that the process might be to create a custom firmware using snOwbreeze or pwnageTool, then use iTunes and during the shift-Restore and point to the custom firmware instead of the stock..? Or would I use the custom firmware in RedSn0w?

In this regard, where would my use of the ShSh come into play? Would I still be editing my host file with 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com ?

Thanks.

Just by opening TU will do no good. you need to actually hit the Save SHSH button if you want save them locally as well as on Cydia. Now, why you see that on the list is for some reason Cydia has that SHSH saved for your iDevice already on iOS 4.1.
      Yes, that’s correct, you cannot us the stock IPSW anymore as it results in unwanted recovery loops. Always use the custom cooked IPSWs. As long as you have an SHSH & a custom IPSW to restore to, everything is good irrespective of the BB. PwnageTool is what you need to create one NOT Redsn0w.
      Yes, editing your hosts file is a must to start the restore process itself via iTunes.

elaine5 years, 4 months ago

follow snowbreeze, error 3194 out again

elaine5 years, 4 months ago

i finally can downgrade my iphone4 4.3.4 to 4.3.3, but it is in black screen now.

Tinyumbrella stated is in DFU mode, Itune stated is in recovery mode.

I try tinyumbrella, recboot, fixrecovery, my iphone still in blackscreen.

Can u help me?

Use Redsn0w’s Just Boot Tethered Now option to get yourselves out of the DFU loop.

elaine5 years, 4 months ago

how to restore cfw? what is cfw?

James5 years, 4 months ago

The phone I received has never been jailbroken before so it has no SHSH’s. I read on another forum that UltraSnow 1.2.3 may not work on 4.3.4 and the previously supported basebands. I am currently on the iPad Baseband.

There is so much information out there that it is hard to figure out what is right and what is wrong. Who is an expert and who is a poser…etc..

Can be frustrating sorting it all out :) .

Yes, that’s right. Currently, the mobile substrate & Ultrasn0w needs to get an update for iOS 4.3.4. You might as well give it a try though. Tether JB using RS0.9.8b4 & install Ultrasn0w.

goodies5 years, 4 months ago

Accidentally updated my unlocked & jailbroken iPhone 3Gs.

I jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 from 4.1 or 4.0.1, i can’t remember. Although the jailbreak was succesful, until I accidentally udated :(

Now I stuck in recovery mode. Can someone please help! Thanks!

Chimes5 years, 4 months ago

okay i will try it. by the way i have a 3gs with baseband 05.11.07 Im currently on 4.3.3 firmware. What is the best firmware to use for 3gs? Is it alright to restore/downgrade your iphone all the time?

iOS 4.3.3 is by far good for an iP3GS. Yes, it is perfectly fine to update/downgrade provided you always use a custom IPSW for every restore and that your having an SHSH blob saved for that iOS as well.

James5 years, 4 months ago

Is it possible to have a corrupt baseband?

I got an old iPhone 3g (hand me down, no shsh certs)) and when I plugged into my comp the first time I pushed update like a nub adn went to 4.3.4.

Anyways, using the newest Redsnow I have jailbroken (can use Cydia) and figured a tethered jailbreak is better than nothing.

However, I upgraded the BB to 06.15.00 (it does list it under my settings) using an old tutorial on this website based on an older iOs version (like a nub, I know and it pains me).

Now, I can’t seem to get ultraSn0w to unlock. I read that the 4.3.4 tethered jailbreak does keep the unlock intact. True?

Any ideas? This has been a learning experience, however painful. In the least I have a working iPod Touch with Wifi (works at least).

Thanks.

Your having a iP3GS. not an iP3G. Are you stating that Ultrasn0w wasn’t able to unlock the iPad BB? It sure does unlock AFAIK. Do you see any saved SHSH for your iP3GS on the top of Cydia’s homepage?

Chimes5 years, 4 months ago

I have my 3gs (3.1.2) upgraded to 4.3.3 using snowbreeze. Im also not impressed by d updated version because it made my 3gs a bit slower and I also have network issues. Can I downgrade to 3.1.2 first and then update to 4.1/4.2.1? What is the best firmware for 3gs that is not laggy and bug free?
    EDIT: I followed the above procedures to downgrade and restore my 4.3.3 (3gs) to stock 3.1.2 ipsw. Itunes says I have successfully restored my device but my 3gs is stucked with a black screen (DFU mode) and won’t reboot. pls help

Looks like its because you have chosen the wrong bootrom version custom restore for your IPSW. Confirm first to which bootrom version does your iP3GS belongs to and restore to that only. Use iDetector from http://ih8sn0w.com.

Coke5 years, 4 months ago

I have iPhone4 4.3.3 I want to downgrade to 4.1 in order to run the “fakelocation” app, I do not have any blobs or anything done in the past, how do I get what I need to do this? Sorry I dont even know what blobs are. Thank you

On the top of your Cydia’s homepage, do you have iOS 4.1.0 as one of the SHSH?

Mammali5 years, 4 months ago

if its anyother except 4.2.1 can i downgrade with stock ipsw? ok.. now im on 4.3.3 and i have jailbroken with redsnow and i have installed installouse from hackulo.us by adding to source.. now my installouse says ‘API Unavailiable’..Can u pls help me?

Turboplayer5 years, 4 months ago

I have an iphone 3gs 4.3.3 and ipadbaseband 6.15.00, cydia shows ihave shsh: ios 4.1, 4.3.3 so i wouldlike to know if it is possible to downgrade to 4.1 and if it would be better than 4.3.3. I have no custom ipsw saved, there is any site to download it? Wich ipsw version do i need?

Yes you can downgrade to iOS 4.1 only. You can create one for yourself by using Sn0wBreeze & restore to it. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/rq4MtY

sameer5 years, 4 months ago

thank your buddy!
    i wud like to know is there any other way to unlock it coz i like the GPS functionality v m…and if dev team is working on this baseband , i will then , if not then i will go for it…
    thanks again!

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get your iP3GS unlocked. The iPhone Dev-Team seemed to be working on a fix but don’t expect it anytime soon. Its not necessary that you’ll definitely loose your GPS connectivity. You may read this comment as well.

sameer5 years, 4 months ago

hi!
    i have locked AT&T iphone 3GS running ios 4.3.3, baseband 05.16.02. Is there anyway to unlock this phone and i don’t even have the SHSH blobs. Please recommend me the solution!

thx

will5 years, 4 months ago

It’s on pwned DFU I use iReb but still get same
    EDIT: ups! sorry read the wrong answer :P I will try that, thanks!

Mammali5 years, 5 months ago

i have saved all the shsh…which im trying to restore to..and i have pointed the itune to saurik server with tiny umberlla… but im getting same errror!!!!

Are you trying to restore to iOS 4.2.1 using Apple’s stock IPSW file? If that’s the case, you cannot do that anymore and so you’ll need to use a custom IPSW restore instead created by Sn0wbreeze/Pwnage Tool.

brian5 years, 5 months ago

I got error 1604 while downgrading from 4.3.3 to 4.2.1

You have not put your iPhone in Pwned DFU state. To restore to a custom IPSW, its always necessary to put your iDevice in this mode. Use iRebr4 to do so by following this guide http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

Siva5 years, 5 months ago

I try to downgrade from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.0.1 it gave me 1015 error
    (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1015)

is it possible for me to do that?

Its possible only if you have the SHSH blob saved for iOS 4.0.1 on Cydia.

will5 years, 5 months ago

after restore to 4.2.1 my 3gs gets stuck in DFU, I can return to 4.3.3 but everytime I try to downgrade I got stuck in DFU, are you familiar with this issue?? pd”: sorry about my english

If your stuck at the DFU mode, all you need to do is download the latest Redsn0wRC18 from here http://bit.ly/lMeWpa & follow through it by only ticking the Just Boot Tethered Now option. Make sure that you point RS to iOS 4.2.1 since its on this version that your stuck at.

SK5 years, 5 months ago

Which guide to i use to create the custom IPSW? Is it the one using tinyumbrella?

Thank you!

Nope, its not anything related to TU. You’ll be creating a custom IPSW by using Sn0wBreeze 2.2. Follow this guide here http://bit.ly/puOynD. Make sure that you have downloaded the IPSW files for iOS 4.2.1 as well.

SK5 years, 5 months ago

I have an unlocked iphone 3gs with ipad BB and want to downgrade to iOS 4.2.1. Once I downgrade, will I have to go through JB’ing and unlocking process for iOS4.2.1.?
    Also, how do I find the custom IPSW of the firmware from my previous backup?

Nope, not the jailbreaking part atleast, but Yes, you’ll definitely need to complete the unlock via Ultrasn0w.
      First of all, you must have saved the SHSH files for the iOS to which your looking forward to downgrade to. If in case you haven’t saved/backed them up via Cydia, you cannot downgrade. Custom IPSW’s are fresh restoration files for your device. You will not find any custom IPSW of the firmware from your previous backup. You’ll need to create them first using our guides here for that particular iOS version and once the Restore is completed, you’ll need to Restore from the backup that you have on your system. So make sure that you have a backup of the iPhone saved for yourself somewhere on your PC.

Mammali5 years, 5 months ago

ios 4.3.3, bb 04.10.01, iphone 4
    mine is factory unlocked… thnks

You’ll need to point your iTunes to Saurik‘s server at the time of restore i.e if your planning to downgrade to an earlier iOS version for which Apple has stopped signing. Make sure that you have the SHSH saved for that specific iOS on Cydia, else it’ll return you the 1013 everytime you try a restore.

Mammali5 years, 5 months ago

Hi..First of all..Thank u very much… my problem is i have done everything till itune restore the ios…but while i do downgrade with 4.2.1 its getting an error “iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured(1013)…Can u pls help me… (i have saved all the .shsh)

Your iPhone iOS/BB/Model details please.
      Also do you rely on an unlock? Seems like your using the stock IPSW for your restores.

kujta5 years, 5 months ago

I tried all this steps but didn’t worked, is it normal that in TinyUmbrella not to show any device ,it didn’t shows my iphone just Show all SHSHs

Yes, its normal as your iPhone is in the DFU mode (pitch black screen). Go ahead and follow the steps as mentioned to continue with the restore.

kujta5 years, 5 months ago

hello, have a problem ,it shows the 1004 error ,now I can’t get out of recovery and my iphone 4 4.3.3 is fully black now :S:S help plzz ,its the same problem like @adrian21 ,the 1st comment

Did you try out the steps that was suggested to him as well? Please try the same to resolve this issue.

Faridul Amin5 years, 5 months ago

Hi: I am having iphone4 with ios-4.3.3 (Vodaphone AU Carrier). Now i would like to use general SIM in iphone 4. It is showing No SIM/invalid SIM. Now my question is “Is there any option to get rid of this and use my home country SIM-which is grameenphone in bangladesh).

Help me please…..:( Faridul

Looks like to me its a SIM problem. Also since this is not your official carrier to which your iPhone was locked to, you cannot use a 3rd party carrier’s SIM other than Vodafone on your iPhone 4 unless you have unlocked it.

Ganesh5 years, 5 months ago

Am Having an Iphone 3GS, tried to upgrade to IOS version 4.3.3 and jail break through snowbreeze, During the process the iphone has gone to itunes recovery screen and wont go to DFU mode or any other mode.

The Current firmware verion in my phone is 4.3.3 and there is also an ipad baseband 06.15.00.

I only have a ipsw restore file for IOS 4.3.3 created by snowbreeze. Previously my iphone had a firmware 3.1.2

What should I do to downgrade my ios or get out of the itunes recovery screen.

Tried tiny umbrella but no luck as I havent saved any shsh it seems …

Please help …

Use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the Recovery loop on 4.3.3. Follow this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA. In case it doesn’t work, you can use the standalone FixRecovery package from TinyUmbrella available in this guide: http://bit.ly/lN0uF4

Luke5 years, 5 months ago

My ipod touch 3g does not go to DFU mode any way, i press the buttons and nothing happens? what can i do?

You’ll need to time the DFU process more carefully. Give it a retry. No one gets it in the first try.
      To put your iDevice into a DFU mode, follow this:

1. Turn OFF your iPhone or iPod touch completely.
      2. Plug it into your Computer.
      3. Hold down the Power button for 3 seconds
      4. Without releasing the power button, also hold the Home button for 10 seconds
      5. Without releasing the home button, release the power button and keep holding the Home button for 20 seconds.

The iPhone screen will remain black and no logo or image should appear. Your now in DFU mode.
      If this doesn’t help, there are tons of YouTube videos as well at your disposal.:)

victor5 years, 5 months ago

i forgot: previosly i upgraded my iphone with the same mac and itunes version, i deleted the ios 4.3.3 that was downloaded by itunes but itunes download it always, no matter if i go to : shift+restore

victor5 years, 5 months ago

sorry, it was my fault!!!!! i made a mistake!! it was the alt button and not the shift button!!! sorry i´m ashamed!

lostcactus5 years, 5 months ago

m glad that you responded in such a short time..thank you for that.
    now i have got that problem resolved…all i did was that i found a direct wifi sorurce (no proxy)..and installed ultrasnow 1.2.3 again. now its up and running smoothly.
    i think the problem is after jailbreak you have to let cydia download its packages and installing a deb file (offline) does not meet that purpose and also if you are connected to a proxy server then cydia fails to connect to saurik’s server (which was the case with me).

i have a doubt regarding shsh and tinyumbrella’s connectvity issue with cydia server. because i cant see my saved shsh when i open tinyumbrella.

Also tell me that is it necessary to take shsh signatures before unlocking your device or i can take them after unlocking. will they be usefull if take them after unlocking?

thanx

Installing the .deb file alone will not work because Ultrasn0w requires the iPhone Mobile Substrate as well which I suppose you have missed. :) This is what gets downloaded along with Ultrasn0w (a dependecy) which you should have noticed while the installation was running within Cydia.
      For your SHSH problems, right now Cydia does have problems in proxying new SHSH blobs for your iDevice. Therefore, make sure you can see them on Cydia’s homepage. That’ll suffice the purpose without the need for TU. You need to save them everytime a new iOS release is out. Saving SHSH via TU doesn’t require your iDevice to be jailbroken.

lostcactus5 years, 5 months ago

:) i use iSHSHit ( a small cydia utility) for this purpose, it works well…nyways plz tell me why TU shows that zero files cashed and dwnloaded…i cant see any of my saved shsh in TU. i am using mac.

I have mentioned the reason in my previous comment. (2nd Para).
          To save your SHSH, Request SHSH from Cydia and Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit should be disabled.
          Do note that this will only save you SHSH copies locally because by doing this, your SHSH blobs are being retrieved directly from Apple’s server only (Cydia proxy is disabled). You’ll be able to save only those that are still signed by Apple.

lostcactus5 years, 5 months ago

hi Wolverine

i upgraded my 3gs to 4.3.3 with 5.12.01 bb..now there is single bar in network…i used custom firmware build by pwnage tool 4.3.3.1….installed ultrasnow 1.2.3 offine using iphone explorer…
    i hv ssh blobs saved…
    is downgrade the only option????
    plz help..its very urgent for me.

:”(

Did you reboot your device after you have installed Ultrasn0w? You’ll need to Reboot it twice to get your signal up and running.

matt5 years, 5 months ago

is there a way for me to update to iOS 4.3.3 or 4.2.1
    if i dont have any shsh blobs saved for any FW whatsoever?
    currently my itouch 4g is stuck in infinite recovery mode loop
    and i think my current FW is 4.1 or 4.2.1..i cant tell because of the
    infinite loop…and can a CFW fix this?
    (well technically its not mine) so no shsh blobs were saved…
    please help me!

By restore/update, you’ll loose all your data that you had on your iPT4G. Yes, you can very well update yourself to the latest 4.3.3 because Apple still signs this iOS version, therefore you don’t require it. But make sure that you save it once you get your iPT4G backup and running. To get yourself out of the RecoveryLoop (basing on the fact that your on 4.1/4.2.1), use TinyUmbrella to Kick yourself out of the loop. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/m8Tt6c to have a clear understanding. :)

ALVIN5 years, 5 months ago

hello, i can’t downgrade from ios4.3.3 to 4.0.1, which i have it in my shsh in the tinyumbrella and my cydia. i notice the “hosts.umbrella” thing in the etc folder, does it have something to do with the downgrading process?anyways thank you for yur advice that if it will nt kick on downgrade, just push the exit recovery in the tiny umbrella. it helps, though it (the Idevice) came back to the unlocked mode. please help me out of that “umbrella.hosts” thing in the etc forlder. Thanks

Edit:
    Dude me again, when i pushed exit recovery and my Idevice robooted, i had seen my Idevice having the ios4.0.1. thanks very much dude. guys just follow his instructions here. thank u, update u when i am finished with the sync.

Taz5 years, 5 months ago

Hi there, great tutorial but I have one problem. After using iReb to put my iPhone 3GS in recovery mode I cannot find my iPhone on the left sidebar of itunes so I cannot downgrade it to the older baseband. Why can I not see my iPhone connected?

Wierd. Re-install iTunes, that should solve your problem. Also you can only downgrade your iOS. Your BaseBand once updated cannot be reverted back.

mohammad5 years, 5 months ago

hi
    i have iphone 4 with ios 4.3.3 (unlock factory) and i want to downgrade to 4.2.1
    after a downgrade to 4.2.1 my phone dont show any signal cariar !!
    disable it?
    help me plz

You’ll need to jailbreak & run Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 from Cydia to get back your signal bars even if you don’t rely on an unlock. (Reason: Your BB is not the same as that of the stock iOS).

roni5 years, 5 months ago

Hello, when i open up tinyumbrella ,i have no SHHS blops.. My baseband is on the ipad version 06.15.00 where as the version is 4.3.3. Is there anyway i can downgrade? as far as i know i have to downgrade the version to 4.1 so i then can downgrade the baseband but it seems like there is no way? please help out because there is no service.

To see your saved SHSH blobs, you’ll need to not only open up TU, but you’ll need to also click the Save My SHSH button as well. This will retrieve all your blobs avail for you from Cydia. Your second point is not correct. As of now, there is no way that you can downgrade the iPad BB because even by downgrading the iOS your BB version will still remain the same. For your No Service issue, try to pop in a SIM of different carrier to see if its still behaving in the same manner. Keep toggling the Airplane Mode ON/OFF as well. Give it sometime to recognize the carrier. See if your able to read the carrier list as well in your Settings. Also keep your 3G OFF if your using T-Mobile.

fred5 years, 6 months ago

I’ve got little problem with sound on iphone 4, hope someone can help.
    I’ve got no sound at all, vibration works

I have installed jailbroken 4.33 via pawnage tool.
    modem firmware 01.59.00

Unlocked via cydia repo66.ultrasn0w.com
    the sound does not work!
    Any ideas?

Is downgrading the best option?
    Thanks in advance

Was it like this from the first time you brought the iPhone 4? I’m sure Ultrasn0w dint cause this issue at all, so downgrading is out of the question.

fred5 years, 5 months ago

Thank you for you reply.

To be honest, I do not know if this issue was an existing one.
        This phone was given to me and the screen was not working (backlight).

The phone was password locked.

I’ve sent it to China to get the screen fixed, but as it was password locked, they prefered not to remove password, jailbreak and unlock there, just in case the phone wouldn’t worked in Europe after.

So when I got it back last week (6 months after sending it), I have spend some time jaibreaking and unlocking it.

It is only when done that I noticed the problem.

Any idea how I could go from here?

Thanks & Regards

Yep, that confirms it. Its something to do with the hardware of the iPhone 4. Maybe they were not as careful as they should have been and might have nicked something on the iPhone while working with it. Take it to an expert somewhere near your place itself rather than sending it halfway across the globe. Being an hardware issue, if you still have some months left on the warranty period, you can take it directly to the Apple Store as well.

SeanJ5 years, 6 months ago

I have downgraded my iPhone 4 which is iOS 4.3.2 to iOS 4.2.1 .
    And I get error 1013. And i tried to use tinyumbrella to kick out recovery mode, but it does not work. How to fix this?? Please help …

You’ll need to always downgrade to an earlier version of the iOS via the Custom restore method. The error 10xx occurs due to the baseband mismatch that happens when you try to restore a previous version of the iOS. You’ll need to create a Custom IPSW using Sn0wBreeze and follow the instructions mentioned here http://bit.ly/lujZTw closely to get yourself back on iOS 4.2.1 without any errors. Good Luck. :)

Arun5 years, 6 months ago

I have iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3, Baseband 05.16.02. I have SHSH saved for iOS 4.1. If i downgrade to iOS 4.1, will i be able to Jailbreak and Unlock with iOS 4.1? Does the higher baseband 05.16.02 gets downgraded too? or will it pose any problem

Yes, you’ll only be able to downgrade your iOS to 4.1. The BaseBand will not get downgraded and will remain at 05.16.02. If you have a factory unlocked iPhone, this will not be a problem because your not relying on an unlock at all. But, if you are relying on an unlock, then you’ll need to update your BB to iPad’s BB to get it unlocked. In both the cases, you must always use the “Custom FW” method to downgrade. Hope it clears everything. :)

abhi5 years, 6 months ago

I have iphone 4, running on 4.3.3 modem firmware 4.10.01. I have 4.1 SHSH saved on my machine using tiny umbrella. Can I go back to 4.1? My phone is not unlocked. I was using Gevey sim but which is not working on 4.3.3. It used to work on 4.1 and hence the need to downgrade. My confusion is..
    Will the modem firmware pose a compatibility issue with 4.1?

Nops. It wont error out if you restore stock iOS 4.1 IPSW and then jailbreak it with Limera1n (No baseband compatibility issue). To restore stock iOS 4.1 IPSW, you need to use TinyUmbrella and TSS Server stuff :|

abhi5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks mate!

Dale5 years, 6 months ago

Would downgrading from fw 4.3.2 to 4.1 keep AT&T from seeing data tethering using pdanet

Yep! Using PdaNet app should hide tethering from AT&ampl;T

Dale5 years, 6 months ago

Running jb on 4.3.2
    Have blobs 4.1 , 4.2.1 & above on cydia
    Do I still need to download tiny umbrella on my pc 1st,
    Then follow instructions

Yes, to downgrade you need SHSH blobs and to provide SHSH blobs to iTunes, you need TinyUmbrella.

Dave5 years, 6 months ago

Thank you for this guide…Now i have an Iphone 3gs 4.3.3 with unlockable baseband…5.13.04! Thanks dude!

TQ5 years, 6 months ago

I have an unlocked 3GS, FW 4.2.1, BB 5.12.01 on T-Mobile.

Is the baseband / firmware mismatch issue only a problem with the iphone 4?

Thank you for your help.

Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 http://bit.ly/itMs7o can unlock iPhone 3GS BB 5.12.01 on all firmwares directly.
      I am not sure what baseband or firmware mismatch issue you are talking about? Can you explain a bit?

farhan5 years, 6 months ago

I upgrade my iPhone 4 to 4.3.1 now i want to downgrade to 4.1 and i have the SHSH blobs, can i did the same process for downgrade to 4.1??? and i downloaded your 4.1 ios link but there is no software in it why???

Yes, you can follow the above guide to downgrade your iPhone 4 from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.1 but again its only possible if you have iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs. You can download iOS 4.1 stock IPSW for iPhone 4 from here http://bit.ly/dWP0Y7

Farhan5 years, 6 months ago

Tinyumbrella shows me 4.3.3 SHSH blob but i never saved SHSH blob for ios 4.3.3 then why tinyumbrella shows me this blob???
        Thanx for ur help :)

When you click on Save SHSH button, TinyUmbrella automatically fetch SHSH blobs of the latest firmware from Apple Servers and save them locally. This is why you are seeing iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs in TinyUmbrella.

farhan5 years, 6 months ago

when i downgrade my iphone 4 to custom 4.1, itune gave me error 14, now wht can i do????

Save yourself from bricking your iPhone http://bit.ly/muD4GL Try to restore again by changing your USB port or try to restore using another PC.

Kakalala5 years, 6 months ago

If I downgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.0.1 will I be able to unlock my iPhone 4?

Depends on your current baseband version. Downgrading firmware version never means you are also downgrading your baseband.

Kakalala5 years, 6 months ago

Mine is 04.10.01?

Sorry you can not unlock your iPhone 4 baseband 04.10.01 using tools like Ultrasn0w except Gevey SIM. For now, only Gevey SIM can unlock your iPhone on all firmwares.

kakalala5 years, 6 months ago

What if i had an iphone with baseband 02.10.04? version 4.1?

iPhone 4 baseband 02.10.04 and 03.10.01 is also not supported. Firmware do not help much in unlocking your iPhone.

Ov5 years, 6 months ago

Salut. I have an 3gs on 4.3.3, bb 05.13.04 jailbroken with snowbreeze 2.7 from 4.1 or 4.0.1, i can’t remember. Although the jailbreak was succesful, i’m not pleased how 4.3.3 messes with my ram(s). I’m not sure about the battery. Anyway,it looks like 4.2.1 is the most appropriate firmware for 3gs, isn’t it? I’ve followed your first step from the tutorial: opened tinyumbrella and hit Save SHSH. There appeared only iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117) and iPhone3GS 4.3.3 (8J2). Am i able, in any possible way, to downgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.2.1?
    Would it be a solution to go back to 4.1, then upgrade to 4.2.1 and do the jailbreak (or it is already done?)?
    In your opinion, how can i make my iphone 3gs to function at the highest performance? Maybe you can recommend me some cydia tweaks and apps that are really necessary. Thank you and sorry for these many questions.

Yep! iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1 is not only the best OS for iPhone 3GS but also for iPhone 4. iOS 4.3.3 is laggy and it sucks more battery power. Nops, without iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs, you can never ever downgrade to iOS 4.2.1. Nops, downgrade to iOS 4.1 and then upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 without iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs is also not possible. I will recommend you to downgrade to iOS 4.1 and then use these battery saving tips for iPhone 3GS http://bit.ly/kdaHTR

Ov5 years, 6 months ago

i think i will remain with 4.3.3 because i had some problems with my signal on 4.1. These tips are also valid for 4.3.3? Thanks for answering.

Ov5 years, 6 months ago

And i do not think i have ipad baseband.

It doesn’t matter. Those tips are just general battery saving tips which everyone should follow.

Yep! These tips are valid for all iPhones on all firmwares.

adrian215 years, 6 months ago

hi. i follow, all the steps to down grade my iphone 4, 4.3.3 to 4.0.1. after restoring firmware itunes give me error 1004. and I have a blank screen instead of itunes? screen. Which doesnt let tiny umbrella to kick out of recover. i tryed ireb and recboot. but dosnt kicked out of recover. please help. Tanks

Its a baseband mismatch error. Recboot or TinyUmbrella should have kicked your iPhone out of recovery. However you can try the following alternative approach:
      1. Remove everything from your Windows HOSTS file
      2. Delete everything from C:\Users\YourName\.shsh (Also create backup of .shsh some where)
      3. Reboot your computer.
      4. Launch TinyUmbrella
      5. Click on save SHSH button.
      6. Start TSS Server