Ok folks! So today i finally got Gevey Pro shipped at my doorstep. I bought two units of Gevey Pro, one from MyDalle for US$ 23.80 and one from ApplnBerry for US$ 35.00. Both units are working fine and there is no noticeable change in them. Here is a quick review of changes i have observed between Gevey SIM (Initial release) and the new Gevey Pro.
- Yep! There is a new microchip on SIM interposer. According to ApplenBerry, the new IC in Gevey Pro is much faster and now support SIM cards of multiple carriers, however i noticed NO difference in the unlocking speed. You still need to dial 112 and do rest of the unlock procedure manually. Check out the photo after the break where Gevey Pro is on left and Gevey SIM on right.
- Gevey Pro comes with a new metallic SIM tray which can now accommodate all micro SIM cards on SIM interposer without further cutting. Due to change in the design of SIM tray, you can not use the same SIM card for Gevey Pro which you previously used in Gevey SIM to unlock your iPhone 4. You might need to buy a new micro SIM card for Gevey Pro, otherwise the old SIM card will sit loose on new SIM interposer.
- I repeated the whole unlock procedure with new Gevey Pro for 10 times and never missed Gevey welcome message and never got SIM failure message before putting my iPhone in airplane mode. In short, Gevey Pro solves all issues with Gevey SIM mentioned here.
- Though it is not officially claimed by ApplenBerry but running some field tests on my iPhone 4 unlocked with Gevey Pro and Gevey SIM confirmed that Gevey Pro provides much better signal strength than Gevey SIM. In the first screenshot below, my iPhone 4 is unlocked using Gevey Pro and in the 2nd screenshot, it is unlocked using Gevey SIM. Please do not quote me on this :| as these are still unofficial results i got from my own little experiment :P
- Ahh! I almost forgot to tell, Gevey Pro support all iPhone 4 basebands and all firmwares.
NOTE: Thanks to @TonyWanis @MaheshKukreja and @blindsoul10 for pointing out that the Gevey Pro i have got is a cloned one :oops: If you want to know the difference between fake and original Gevey Pro, please refer to this image. For some reason, the cloned Gevey Pro is still working fine for me without any issue 8O Anyways, i will recommend all of you to buy original Gevey SIM from ApplenBerry instead of bying it from eBay or any other unofficial wholesale dealer.
If you got any question regarding Gevey SIM or Gevey Pro, feel free to ask in the comments section below.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback