Gevey Pro vs Gevey SIM [What’s My Opinion]

Ok folks! So today i finally got Gevey Pro shipped at my doorstep. I bought two units of Gevey Pro, one from MyDalle for US$ 23.80 and one from ApplnBerry for US$ 35.00. Both units are working fine and there is no noticeable change in them. Here is a quick review of changes i have observed between Gevey SIM (Initial release) and the new Gevey Pro.

Gevey Pro vs Gevey SIM

1. Yep! There is a new microchip on SIM interposer. According to ApplenBerry, the new IC in Gevey Pro is much faster and now support SIM cards of multiple carriers, however i noticed NO difference in the unlocking speed. You still need to dial 112 and do rest of the unlock procedure manually. Check out the photo after the break where Gevey Pro is on left and Gevey SIM on right.
  2. Gevey Pro vs Gevey SIM

3. Gevey Pro comes with a new metallic SIM tray which can now accommodate all micro SIM cards on SIM interposer without further cutting. Due to change in the design of SIM tray, you can not use the same SIM card for Gevey Pro which you previously used in Gevey SIM to unlock your iPhone 4. You might need to buy a new micro SIM card for Gevey Pro, otherwise the old SIM card will sit loose on new SIM interposer.
  4. Gevey Pro (SIM Tray)

5. I repeated the whole unlock procedure with new Gevey Pro for 10 times and never missed Gevey welcome message and never got SIM failure message before putting my iPhone in airplane mode. In short, Gevey Pro solves all issues with Gevey SIM mentioned here.
  6. Though it is not officially claimed by ApplenBerry but running some field tests on my iPhone 4 unlocked with Gevey Pro and Gevey SIM confirmed that Gevey Pro provides much better signal strength than Gevey SIM. In the first screenshot below, my iPhone 4 is unlocked using Gevey Pro and in the 2nd screenshot, it is unlocked using Gevey SIM. Please do not quote me on this :| as these are still unofficial results i got from my own little experiment :P
  7. Gevey Pro (Signal Strength)
    Gevey SIM (Signal Strength)

8. Ahh! I almost forgot to tell, Gevey Pro support all iPhone 4 basebands and all firmwares.

NOTE: Thanks to @TonyWanis @MaheshKukreja and @blindsoul10 for pointing out that the Gevey Pro i have got is a cloned one :oops: If you want to know the difference between fake and original Gevey Pro, please refer to this image. For some reason, the cloned Gevey Pro is still working fine for me without any issue 8O Anyways, i will recommend all of you to buy original Gevey SIM from ApplenBerry instead of bying it from eBay or any other unofficial wholesale dealer.

If you got any question regarding Gevey SIM or Gevey Pro, feel free to ask in the comments section below.

Prince Frimpong Boateng2 years, 5 months ago

PLEASE AM USING an iphone 4s and its verizon.how can i unlock it .

Lucia3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, I have my phone unlocked with the pro gevey, can I take out the SIM card ? Just for a few seconds? Will it work again? Or is it gonna get messed up?

Patrick Gumban3 years, 1 month ago

I believe that if you remove the Gevey SIM the unlock will be removed. You will be required to perform the 112, airplane mode, etc. steps again. Hope that helps!

Deepak4 years ago

Hi, I have an iphone 4, running 4.3.3(8J2) with baseband 04.10.01.It is Jailbreaked with Turbo Sim … i Want to Update it to 5.0.1 ..will it work with Turbo Sim ???

Fellix4 years, 10 months ago

Ive a Gevey Ultra and it looks like the old Gevey SIM in the Photo. I also had to cut my SIM. And I thought the Ultra is an update of the Gevey Pro?

gtvracer4 years, 11 months ago

Applenberry does not sell Gevey Pro. In fact, at http://www.gevey.com, it says that Gevey Pro is a fake. Go go http://www.dalle.com and read the comments there, users says it is a fake and doesn’t work.

To the author, how did you buy one from applenberry.com when they don’t sell the Pro version and they claim it’s a fake?

http://www.dalle.com‘s Gevey SIM does not have the ULTRA stencil on the PCB part as the genuine Gevey does.

IS4 years, 12 months ago

I have iphone from U.S. AT&T.
    Will Gevey sim pro work for Iphone with IOS 5 BB 04.11.08 in India?

casey5 years ago

i used gevey pro, call and text is fine but no internet connection.cannot activate cellular data network.any solution on this please.

Pramod5 years ago

Have you entered in your carrier network details under the APN section yet? Do you have an active data plan on your SIM?

Chassen5 years ago

Will either of the Gevey sims unlock my iPhone 4 on 4.3.5 and the baseband is 4.10.00. If it’s the Gevey Pro how do i cut my normal sized sim card to fit into it?

Pramod5 years ago

Yes, any version of the Gevey SIM can unlock your current BB config. Use a micro SIM cutter to cut your SIM.

Erion5 years, 1 month ago

I unlocked an iPhone 4 with Gevey and my T-Mobile sim. Will this phone now work with other T-Mobile sim cards and the same Gevey sim I used?

Nicholas5 years, 1 month ago

Origional Gevey Sim comes with a micro Chip and you always have to cut the sim at top (Signature Cut). Gevey Sim interprosers that come with a wide chip are (“Not Genuine”).

Origional Gevey Sim Trays are no Metalic finished but Silk Finished matching the body of the Iphone itself. They look the same color as the iphone tray so when inserted, one can not tell the difference from outside.
    (Keeps the origional look)

gursimran mangat5 years, 4 months ago

so wen will the un tethered version comes out?

Probably not anytime soon since the Dev-Teams will be looking forward for the iOS 5 instead & wouldn’t want to waste their time & resources on something that might get patched with the next iOS release.

campbell5 years, 4 months ago

Do you know if its ok to update the software to 4.3.5? or will that stuff up the unlock?

No, never update to iOS 4.3.5. You’ll not have an untethered JB as well as an unlock. So stay away from that update.

gursimran mangat5 years, 4 months ago

hello pramod
    its ok for ur help
    kindly tell me on original packing of gevey,,the pro is written on upper side or lower side ,,also tell about hologram is on original or fake one??
    thanks

gursimran mangat5 years, 4 months ago

hello pramod
    i want to know if original gevey sim is available in india in delhi ,,then it is where?? it might be a great help
    thanks

Sorry, I don’t know. You might have to check the local mobile dealers to start with.

saurabh5 years, 5 months ago

gevey does not support vodafone in India ..
    i had problems with it and the day i switched to airtel it worked like a charm

All original Gevey SIM’s supports every other carrier including Vodafone within India. If its a fake/low quality, then chances are that they do not work.

Jack5 years, 5 months ago

I have an iphone 4, running 4.3.3(8J2) with baseband 04.10.01.
    I got it jailbroken (not sure which tool) and have a gevey pro sim.
    It works fine, however, when I connect it to itunes. It ask me to register it and I get “This computer has been synced with an iPhone or another Device”, gives me two option set up as new device or restore.

I dont want to do restore, however I want to be able to sync the phone to itunes. What is the best way to do this?

Do I need to a clean new install and then jailbreak and then insert the gevey sim, or is there an easier way to do it?

EDIT: I just went ahead and clicked setup as new device, and it works fine.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

If you want to sync it then hit “erase and sync”, it won’t restore your phone. It will not undo any unlock or jailbreak either. However it will erase any music, photos, apps, videos, etc. That has been previously sync with another computer. So if that’s not a problem then go ahead and do it.

Sumit5 years, 5 months ago

I m using Gevey SIm normal not PRO for unlocking iOS 4.2.1 , BB 3.10.01…Just wanted to know, I want to update my iOS , does Gevey supports latest iOS and if yes,will my BB will also change after Update?? Which jailbreak should i use after updating iOS??

Yes. Gevey supports all the iOS even upto the latest iOS 5 which is still in its Beta stages. So definitely you can update to the latest iOS 4.3.3 and jailbreak the same using Redsn0w. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/kPhfh0 to know how to jailbreak your iPhone. The latest Redsn0w needs to be downloaded first. (Links available in the same post ):)

Bipek5 years, 5 months ago

Greetings

I have purchased GEVEY Sim from 3rd party reseller, no idea whether it is a fake or not, but I couldn’t get it to work. First thing – when I cut my sim, I couldn’t place it in a Gevey tray. When I placed the adapter, and then my sim, the whole construction was to big to fit in that hole in iPhone, where it is to be put. I grinded my sim with great caution to make it thinner and then I managed to insert it with Gevey sim, but there goes another issue.
    There is no welcoming message, only “No SIM inserted”. As if there was no sim at all.
    Does the Gevey PRO solve the “No sim” problem? As it isn’t only mine – I know that some people have the same problem.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, I’m doing my best, really. :)

Yes, I believe its a problem with the specific Gevey that you have at hand. The best suggestion that I can give you is to get it replaced ASAP from the dealer you brought it from. Chances are that you have ended up with a defective piece.(Atleast you should have seen the Welcome Screen. :() Alternatively, for the No SIM inserted error, you can try a different SIM from another carrier to see if the problem persists. But chances are that it’ll return you with the same error, so best option is to get it replaced.

Bipek5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the answer, Pramod. I have tried with 4 simcards from various carriers and even countries, and no response, no welcome screen, “No sim inserted” and that’s it.

Thanks again, I’ll try with another GEVEY then.

Yep, the Gevey definitely is defective. Get it replaced soon.

Nick5 years, 5 months ago

my gevey original works fine, except does anyone experience this? I hear the caller fine, but they tell me my voice keeps fading out every few seconds? is that pretty common? is there anyone to fix/enhance this?
    thanks

Doesn’t seem to be a common problem. Use another Gevey SIM, maybe from your friend, to see if its behaving the same way. If not, you may have to return it back. Seems to be your Gevey specific issue.

mark5 years, 5 months ago

@swizard210 did you try Applenberry first

I suppose he did look at Applenberry first. :)

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

I did, but it falls too much out of my budget. I need to purchase three of the Gevey SIMs for three different phones. =(

mark5 years, 5 months ago

i am waiting for the gevey supreme to be sent to me
        this is what i got from the supplier about the 112 situation

Hello,

How to Use:

First time to start the Gevey Supreme Sim Card with your iPhone 4 ,you have to Dial 112 .
        After 15 seconds, hang up, switch the flight mode. Then you can surf the internet .
        You have to do it like this each time, if you like to surf the Internet ,It’s the same as generation .

The Second time and later , you are no longer to dial 112, you can operate it directly,
        but if you would like to surf the internet, you also need to dial 112.

ALSO PAID UNDER $20 for this inc delivery (not sure how long it would take to get to you) but as PRAMOD says you would be best trying to get them from fone shop or market ect..

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

It seems that the clones still work. I am considering this one for my family member’s iPhone 4: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/turbo-unlock-sim-card-with-sim-card-tray-holder-for-iphone-4-4-1-to-4-2-70710#open

Do you think it is worth buying and taking the risk? It seems to look like a clone based on the pictures. But reviews say it works.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Also it seems that this is a clone of the Gevey SIM not the Pro one which I guess would be better. I don’t have a huge budget for the original Applenberry ones so where can I get ones that work but also are not very expensive. Another big factor is that my family members are leaving the country on June 25th (14 days). is there any way to receive this in time from any company?

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

One last thing, the phone is on Firmware 4.3.3 and Baseband 04.10.01, in case it makes and any difference.

No, it doesn’t make any difference because the Gevey supports even iOS 5. Almost all has a clone of the Gevey one way or the other and sometimes they seem to work much better than the original Gevey. :D Make sure you ask them about the return policy as well before placing the order along with the expected date of delivery because you cannot know from which place will they be shipping it to you and how long might i take. Delivery dates can vary with different companies. The original Gevey runs better than the Pro. The only difference is that you don’t need to cut the SIM further than the Micro-SIM to get it on the Gevey tray in case of Pro.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Oh okay, then I’ll be sure to get the Gevey SIM instead of the Pro. Do you know any company that can probably get me the Gevey SIMs in my expected delivery time? Do you think MyDalle will do it? I get the feeling this website I posted will too long (Deal Extreme)?

Not sure Swizard210, you’ll need to take your chances. Call them up and ask them the details. They are sure to help you.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

So on this website (MyDalle) there are two Gevey SIM products.
            1. “Genuine gevey superme Plus iPhone 4 Sim Unlock with Bottle opener&iphone holder” – $19.80
            2. “Genuine gevey Pro iPhone 4 Sim Unlock (Not need cut sim card)” – $9.80

Which do I get? Since you said the regular SIM is better than the Pro, where can I get the regular one? Or should I just get the Pro from MyDalle?

DealExtreme has the regular one but they said they can’t guarantee delivery before the 25th.

Its the second one you need to choose for the Pro. The Supreme is yet to come out. Its already out I guess, but people are still waiting for the delivery to come by. They both work pretty well. You need not worry about compatibility issues at all in either of them. :)

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

I am also reading that with certain clones people have to “file” down the chip? I am not sure if I am comfortable with that. Any idea of a seller that sells ones that fits properly and does not need filing down? (cutting the SIM is not a big deal)

Yes, that’s what I had mentioned in my earlier comment as well within brackets. If you want to retain the looks of your SIM, go ahead with the Gevey Pro instead. :D

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Do you perhaps know eBay or Amazon sellers for the Gevey SIM that are reliable/legitimate in terms of the product?

Nope. No idea about 3rd party resellers. I would recommend you as well to go to a nearby mobile shop from where you can pick one up for yourself. Reliability & legitimacy is of concern with eBay/Amazon sellers.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Oh my…I mentioned earlier that I was going to be leaving the country soon. Well, I will be in the Caribbean and the island I am on does not use the 112 code at least, not based on this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/112_(emergency_telephone_number). Does this mean I cannot use it while I am on the island? My island uses 911 as it’s emergency number.

Your good to go buddy. It doesn’t matter if your carrier don’t support the 112 service. All it needs is your BB to get unlocked whilst the first 2 secs of dialing the number. If your island (:D) doesn’t support 112, you don’t need to worry about the police coming and knocking at your doors as well. The best place to use 112. :)

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

You’re right, about it being a concern one eBay/Amazon. I did check out 2-3 local shops and each are selling them for approximately $30/each. =(

You can scratch my question about MyDalle/DealExtreme from earlier.

It looks like I’m going to go with http://www.coolgadgetsgift.com/genuine-gevey-turbo-sim-interposer-unlock-tools-for-iphone-4-ios-4.1-4.2.1-4.3.html, since the customer service is VERY prompt with reply and accomodating. They are offering me 3 Gevey SIMs shipped via DHL (5-7 business days for delivery) for $35.

I haven’t bought it yet, but it seems to be good?

Yep, $35 for 3 Geveys looks like a good deal. Never mind, if it works, well and good. If not, return it to them. :)

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Very true! Thank you again for helping me out! I will reply back with my experience when I receive the product and test it! =)

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

I just got the three Gevey SIMs I ordered a week and half back. They are F300 chips hence clones but as long as it works, I’m not complaining.

I followed the instructions to the T. And in the last step is:
          Step 5. Until the “No SIM Card Installed” message shows up, turn on the Airplane mode again and turn it off right away again. The “SIM Failure” message will show and the signal will show up after a few seconds.

So I get both messages “No SIM Card Installed” and “SIM Failure” but then it just shows “No SIM” in the top left corner and I have no signal even after waiting several minutes. Now I think there are 3 possible problems. My Gevey SIM, my SIM, or the fact that it’s a Caribbean SIM and I’m in the US currently so perhaps there is no signal to acquire?, but even if, shouldn’t it say No Service not No SIM?

Any ideas? Unfortunately, I don’t have or know anyone else who has an American NON AT&T SIM that I could cut up and test out.

Yes, that’s right. It should be showing your No Service instead of the No SIM error. I myself had come across this situation sometime back and I found out that the carrier SIM itself wasn’t fully compatible with the Gevey (A problem that is common among the clones). Its the same in your case as well. For some reason, the Gevey isn’t compatible with your Carribean SIM and hence the No SIM error.

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

So where does this leave me? lol Can I not use my phone in the Caribbean now?! =( Do I return these to the company I purchased it from?Do I have to purchase the real one from Applenberry? And at this point, I’m leaving in a few days so I certainly cannot get it delivered in time. So what should I do? X(

Swizard2105 years, 5 months ago

Another thing I JUST found out is that on the Applenberry website: https://applenberry.com/simcard, it says that the old version of SIM cards with the large “metallic/golden” area do not work with Gevey, only the “new” version SIMs with the small metallic/golden ares will work. My Caribbean SIM has the “old” style. Is this the reason it’s not working? Have any old style SIMs work for people using the Gevey?

If Applenberry says so, then Yes. That definitely could be the reason as all the recent SIMs now comes with smaller chips. I really never had such a SIM to try it out myself, but if they have mentioned it that way, then its likely to be a good reason for your Carribean SIM not to work. The only way to confirm the working of the Gevey is by popping in a Non-AT&T SIM. But since its getting you across the screens and into the final stage, I personally don’t think that the Gevey is the issue.

mark5 years, 5 months ago

for got to mention
      think about the risk
      me personally would rather get the genuine and take no chances
      unless you have a few $$$ to spare if it blows your baseband chip ect…

grand5 years, 6 months ago

Hi

I havent read all the comments posted here…someone might already asked this questions, so forgive me…

I want to know what if I want jail break using redsnow that is compatible for jailbreaking 4.3.3 on ip4…i just want to know wat happens? will the gevey still works? and jailbreak first then use the gevey? or gevey first?

cheers

grand5 years, 6 months ago

Also, does it work for blocked imei iphone 4 4.3.3 with restoration on itunes?

You don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone to run Gevey. Gevey works just fine on an un-jailbroken device as well just the way it would. And about blocked IMEI, its upto the carrier to take the necessary steps as whether to activate you or not over its network. Gevey doesn’t have anything to do with the IMEI of your iPhone. It will just get the signal for you and that’s it.

Av5 years, 6 months ago

Can you please tell me what is the firmware and baseband on your iphone?if you don’t mind me asking?

Sure. Its on iOS 4.3.3 with BB 04.10.01. :)

mark5 years, 6 months ago

The copy/clone 1 that you got was that from MyDalle??
    Also do be careful not just yourself but any 1, As from what i read some fake/copies/clones let your fone overheat and can burn/blow your baseband chip

Yes i got it from MyDalle. I have no overheating issues so far. But again, you are right, everyone should buy it from ApplenBerry!

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 6 months ago

I’m new to this iPhone unlocking bit. I have an iPhone 4 (AT&T, iOS 4.2.1, BB 3.10.01). I jailbroke it using greenpoison. And then I got it unlocked using gevey sim. I’m not sure if its gevey, gevey turbo, or gevey pro… Its manual just says “GEVEY User Guide”.
    Now I want to upgrade it to 4.3.3 and keep it unlocked and jailbroken. Please guide me through this. THANKS A TON!!!

Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 from here http://bit.ly/iHqdFZ and follow this guide http://bit.ly/lAi8at Once fully jailbroken, follow this guide http://bit.ly/keuKZn to unlock your iPhone using Gevey SIM.

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 6 months ago

I just have a gevey sim… It’s not pro or anything, I hope that won’t be a problem…?

I personally think, the initial version of Gevey SIM is much more stable than Gevey Pro. So there is nothing wrong in it if you have simple Gevey SIM. You can still use it to unlock your iPhone 4.

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 6 months ago

THANKS (Respect) !

Mahesh5 years, 6 months ago

I agree with you. The GEVEY Pro version leads to more battery drainage than the original GEVEY Sim.

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 6 months ago

hey…
            I just unlocked my iPhone after updating it. Now, do I use redsnow or greenpoison to jailbreak it. A link to a step-by-step guide would be awesome.

You must use Redsn0w to JailBreak your iPhone on 4.3.3. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/lsrd7H for the step-by-step explanation for jailbreaking. :)

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 6 months ago

I mean, I updated my iPhone from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 from iTunes itself. Do I need to download the 4.3.3 IPSW file again to jailbreak it?

You don’t need to download the same IPSW once again if you have restored/updated your iPhone via the stock firmware, because it is downloaded to your desktop already. All you need to do is to browse to the following location and use the same IPSW you find.

iPhone: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
            (If you don’t see the Application Data or AppData folders, you may need to show hidden files.)

Ens5 years, 6 months ago

Can you please tell me how they were able to display the message using the gevey sim plug?

I think you probably mean you are unable to see the Gevey welcome message right? To fix that, go to Settings -> Phone -> SIM Applications and choose English language. Gevey welcome message will pop-up automatically after few seconds.

MaheshV5 years, 6 months ago

Wolverine,
    Since calling 112 is illegal in the US and Canada, what’s your thoughts? I tried calling 112 in Canada and in the next 2 minutes, had 911 calling me and leaving me a message. Pls share your thoughts

Yep its illegal to use Gevey SIM in Canada and U.S. but why are you dialing 112 for 2 minutes? 8O You only need to dial 112 for 2 seconds. After dialing 112 for 2 seconds, you can safely drop your call (Even before someone picks at the call :P)

Tike5 years, 6 months ago

The gevey pro has big 6 legs IC and you do not need to cut your SIM further. By the way the new Gevey Pro+ will release next week. Not need call 112.

Mahesh5 years, 6 months ago

That’s the cloned one you’ve got. And didn’t know about GEVEY pro +. Let’s wait and see.

Remco5 years, 6 months ago

I was told the gevey could never work without calling 112. Whats your source on the Gevey pro + ?

Yes, Gevey will never work without calling 112. Even Gevey Pro + will require support for 112 emergency number. The only difference is that Gevey Pro + will call 112 in background and will get the TMSI from your network. This doesn’t mean Gevey Pro + will work in those countries who do not support 112 as the standard emergency number.

Mahesh5 years, 6 months ago

The GEVEY Pro you’ve shown in the above pics is a cloned version. The original GEVEY Pro packet doesn’t gave hologram sticker on it. The GEVEY pro ic doesn’t have that much wider black ic part. The size is same as original GEVEY.

Can you show me the photo of Gevey Pro you have got? As far as IC is concerned, Gevey SIM (Initial Release) has small IC but the Pro version of Gevey has large IC.

Mahesh5 years, 6 months ago

No. Even for GEVEY Pro, you need to cut your sim. The design is same as that of original GEVEY. I’ve made a post on my blog with pictures of original and fake GEVEY pro http://bit.ly/j377Y7

Nice eye-opening post but for me FAKE Gevey Pro is working well :D Em not sure if its really fake :oops: but according to the pics in your post, i have got a cloned version of Gevey Pro. And yep, my micro SIM sits just perfect on Gevey tray :twisted: (Without cutting it further)