Here is a quick guide for those iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users who are getting iTunes error 3194, 21 or 1015 while restoring stock or custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.3. Error 3194 means iTunes failed to get iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs from Apple servers and error 21 means you are trying to restore the custom IPSW from recovery mode instead of DFU or Pwned DFU mode. Error 1015 means restore has been done but your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode loop.

Fix iTunes Error 3194:

iTunes Error 3194 Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]

Method 1 (Windows & Mac)

Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac and launch TinyUmbrella (Windows | Mac). Go to Advanced tab and uncheck Request SHSH From Cydia option. Hit Apply Changes button and reboot your computer.

TinyUmbrella Fix 3194 Error Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]

Method 2 (On Windows)

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with Notepad. Remove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your PC.
Windows HOSTS File Unedited Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]

Method 2 (On Mac)

Click Go -> Go to Folder and then enter path /etc
Mac HOSTS File Path Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]Remove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your computer.

Mac HOSTS File Unedited Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]

Fix iTunes Error 16xx (1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604) & 21:

If you are restoring to iOS 4.3.3 stock IPSW, you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode by using the following instructions:

1. Turn OFF your iDevice completely
  2. Press Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
  3. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iTunes detect your iPhone into DFU mode.
  4. Hold down the SHIFT key (ALT for Mac) and click on the Restore button in iTunes.
  5. Select iOS 4.3.3 stock IPSW and leave the rest on iTunes. Once your iDevice has been restored, it will restart automatically

If you are restoring iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW, you need to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU mode by using the following instructions:

1. Download iREB for Windows from here. Mac OS X users should follow this guide.
  2. Launch iREB and select your iDevice name from the displayed options. Now put your iDevice into DFU mode by using the following instructions:
    • Turn OFF your iDevice completely
    • Press Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iREB detect your iPhone into DFU mode.
  3. As soon as iREB will detect your iDevice into DFU mode, it will patch the iBoot of your iDevice with Limera1n exploit and will put it into Pwned DFU mode.
  4. Once done, your iDevice screen will be completely black. Launch iTunes and restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW by using SHIFT+Restore combo on Windows and ALT(Option)+Restore combo on Mac OS X.

Fix iTunes Error 1013, 1014 & 1015:

Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.3.x (Win | Mac). Download Zlib1.dll from here and place it in the same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present. Start iTunes in background and launch fixrecovery43.exe. Now use the following instructions to put your iPhone into DFU mode:

• Turn OFF your iDevice completely
  • Press Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
  • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until fixrecovery43.exe detect your iPhone into DFU mode.

TinyUmbrella FixRecovery Fix iTunes Error 3194, 21, 1015 While Resorting iOS 4.3.3 Stock or Custom IPSW [Tips]
As soon as fixrecovery43.exe will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will use GreenPois0n exploit to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop. Once you see Exiting libpois0n text on your command prompt, rest of the process will be shown on your iDevice's screen. If you are still unable to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode, you can give Recboot, TinyUmbrella or EasyiRecovery a try.

Be Sure to Check Out:

ashish2 years, 5 months ago

hi..i have iphone 3gs ios 4.3.3 which i jailbroke last year using redsnow..after a year i experienced some problem, so i decided to restore and jailbreak it again..now when i try to restore everything gone fine untill the last 25% bar doesnt complete…it goes upto 75% then the message come..an unexpected error 1015..i have tried so many things but still stuck in connect to itunes logo..pls help

Error 32592 years, 6 months ago

I also faced error 3259 but i fixed both errors. Thanks for sharing the solution. It helped me a lot in fixing these errors.

kelphen2 years, 6 months ago

hi, i tried the method 1 for 3194, and then it gave me the 21. but after i solved that, 3194 came out again, my version is 4.3.4, can you help me please?

Pesmerga2 years, 6 months ago

Have you tried using TinyUmbrella or manually editing your hosts file?

kelphen2 years, 6 months ago

yes, I have tried both

Sobunglee2 years, 6 months ago

thank you so much!!!

Rockerr2 years, 7 months ago

Thank you wery much i finely got to update to iOS 5…..luv u guyzzzz….!!!

BioPtics2 years, 8 months ago

I tried this, but I’m still getting 1600 error. Originally it was an error 11, and then when I have resolved that, I got 21, and even though I put it in DFU mode, I’m still getting 1600.

Patrick2 years, 8 months ago

1600 Error indicates that your device may not have been properly placed into DFU Mode, try using Redsn0w’s PWNed DFU mode and see if it works.

ZZnow2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you wery much i finely got to update to iOS 5

kolin, Israel2 years, 11 months ago

A very cool and usefull piece of software to iphone hack kit. Makes the iphone recovery look really cool with all the running text – i felt like a hacker for once in life … ;-) ty again

Srikanth3 years ago

My iphone 3gs is in infinite DFU mode now can i use ifaith to save Current SHSH Blobs?
    I never updated my Baseband to 6.15.00. And i want unlock it. Then i want to wait for one month.
    Thank you so much.

Pramod3 years ago

No. Your in a DFU loop because you do not have a valid SHSH itself to begin with. How can then iFaith save one for you if it never existed?

Srikanth3 years ago

I dont have any saved SHSH blobs. So atleast can i update it with latest version ios 4.3.5 without error?
    If yes. I dont want to update with ios 4.3.5 as i want to unlock it. Is it better wait for ios 5?plz giveme a solution.my iphone is still in dfu mode. Thank you so much for ur replys and tips and how tos.

Pramod3 years ago

iOS 5 will not be released until September. Yes, you can still update to iOS 4.3.5 via iTunes provided you do not or have never relied on an unlock or never updated your BB to 06.15.00. A wise idea is to save your current SHSH using iFaith & wait for iOS 5 to come by.

pooria.ms3 years ago

OK. I did that but I’ve got no result. better to wait for another version or may be ios 5.

thanks for everything.

pooria.ms3 years ago

I restored to the custom ipsw (fresh) and I don’t have signal anymore… :(

Pramod3 years ago

You need to complete the unlock as well using Ultrasn0w from Cydia. W/o it, you cannot expect the signal to come up.

pooria.ms3 years ago

So, your telling me to restore with a fresh custom 4.3.3 sn0wbreez ipsw (shift + restore –> select custom ipsw)? (am I right?) but that will cause signal problem…
    ——————————-
    >> By the way, your on a factory unlocked iPhone right?

Yes, of course. Why?
    ——————————-

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, that’s right & about the signal problem, well you can’t tell if it will work or not unless you perform the restore right?

pooria.ms3 years ago

First of all… Thank you (and again)… For making this opportunity for people like me to have conversation and discussion like this.
    ————————————-

You said to use ultrasn0w, but my BB (03.10.01) is in the unsupported list as googled…
    And I don’t have any problem with signal in 4.1, 4.2.1 and this new 4.3.3. The problem is only in the crashing app store and iTunes.

… And of course I restored again (after the first time of signal problem) to “4.3.3 sn0wbreez” and even used ultrasn0w from cydia, but it didn’t respond.

And because of BB update, I can’t restore to original ipsw, so it seems that BB preservation is the only choice I have.
    ————————————

…by the way, I’ve used Opera, IE and safari mobile, so far, to open this site, but the “reply” button didn’t work. What’s going on?

Pramod3 years ago

By restore I mean a fresh install of the iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW itself & not the iTunes backup restore. You need to undo the mistake of using JBMe3 for which a reinstall is necessary. Also you cannot restore to the original iOS versions anymore other than the latest ones in your case. By the way, your on a factory unlocked iPhone right?

pooria.ms3 years ago

reply button didn’t work so I write here…

Good question! First I did as you say but the result was awful… because although my iPhone is factory unlock, it couldn’t work with my sim card (baseband 03.10.01 so… no ultrsn0w)

so I decided to restore to an apple original firmware but iTunes produced error 1013 every time (even with changing and even deleting “host” file).

at last, I used this custom firmware and jail it with jailbreakme. but this one has its own problems :D

Pramod3 years ago

If you have preserved your BB using a custom IPSW, you still need to use Ultrasn0w to avoid the single signal bar issues. This is something specific only for the iP4′s, so you still need to use ultrasn0w even though you do not rely on it & original IPSWs will never work because you already have an updated BB on your iP4 because which iTunes errors your restores. So, restore back to a custom IPSW & use Ultrasn0w.

pooria.ms3 years ago

I updated my iphone 4 ios 4.2.1 with custom firmware (just baseband preservation mode) to 4.3.3 and then jailbroke it with jailbreakme. now everything is good except that “App Store” and “iTunes” apps, crash immediately after I start them in both normal and safe mood. I don’t have the time and opportunity for another restor. please help me.

Pramod3 years ago

Why did you use JailbreakMe inspite of doing a custom restore? A custom restore is always jailbroken out-of-the-box w/o the need to do anything extra!! There was no need for you to perform a second jailbreak doing which has now caused this issue. Restore to a fresh custom install again to solve this.

manish agrawal3 years ago

i want to unlock my iphone 3gs firware 4.1. what should i do. should i first update to firware 4.3.3 then unlock bcoz when i try to install custom firmware 4.3.3 with baseband 6.15 i get itunes error 3194. i tried all everything mentioned in the post and the site plz help

Pramod3 years ago

Check for saved SHSH for your device first. Fire up Cydia & look at its homepage here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. Do you see iOS 4.3.3 listed on your Cydia? Do not try anything funny unless your absolutely sure that you really do have an SHSH saved for your device on that version.

Mahid3 years ago

I keep getting error 21. I put my ipod in DFU mode and then connected to my computer, opened iTunes and pressed shift+restore and selected my 4.3.3 ispw file. It’s not a custom ispw and I downloaded from geohot’s website. After preparing “ipod for restore”, i hear the sound on my computer when you disconnect a device and then immediately it reconnects but my ipod turns white and then goes to the apple logo and gets stuck there or sometimes it just stays white. I still get error 21 again.

Pramod3 years ago

Did you try the steps & instructions mentioned here on this post? Also, are you absolutely sure that your having the SHSH saved for your device on Cydia/by TU for iOS 4.3.3? Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Srikanth3 years ago

After i sucessfully restored custom IPSW 4.3.3 into iphone 3gs. Iphone still going to dfu mode. Itunes showed that you must restore ur iphone. I used snOwbreeze2.7.1 and itunes 10.2.2 .

Pramod3 years ago

There is no point in using TU (TSS Server) for your restores if you do not have any SHSH blobs saved locally on your machine. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

pooria.ms3 years ago

Thanks…

your awesome!!! all I need in ONE place.

andrew3 years ago

ok how do i check what blob cydia has saved for me if my phone isnt currently jailbroken. it used to be a while ago and i THOUGHT i had hit the “make my life easier” option but now im not so sure.

andrew3 years ago

done. now its saved and i restarted my computer. so now i can just go ahead and restore to 4.3.3 and i wont get error 3194 in itunes anymore?
    UPDATE: just tried and i still got that error

Pramod3 years ago

Well, it then just means that Cydia doesn’t have an SHSH blob saved for your device for that iOS version to which your trying to restore to.

andrew3 years ago

i keep getting “cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file” wheneve i take out the last two lines that have gs.apple.com in them and hit save. right when i hit save this message pops up. please help, what am i doing wrong?

Pramod3 years ago

Make sure that your on an Administrator account to that machine. If yes, Run It as Administrator.

kishore3 years, 1 month ago

thanks bro, the last bit worked for me too! :-)

Miles3 years, 1 month ago

Hi. I tried restoring 4.3.3 but im getting error 1600 still. :-) Please help

Use Redsn0w instead of iReb to put your device into a Pwned DFU mode. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v & then follow it up with the custom restore.

Dyannah3 years, 1 month ago

amazing!!! the last part worked for my iphone. i’ve been trying to restore it for 2 days already. Thank you!!

hacktek3 years, 2 months ago

Thanks man, it worked!

vy3 years, 2 months ago

Thank you very very much!!

Luay3 years, 2 months ago

Really you are super

O Y3 years, 3 months ago

You are a life saver. I am so grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Glad to know it worked for you. Cheers !! :D

Ana3 years, 3 months ago

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! GOD BLESS YOU!

Harshal3 years, 3 months ago