Stuck in recovery mode loop after restoring iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW on your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS? No worries, as the TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.3 is still valid for those who are stuck in iOS 4.3.3 recovery mode loop. For those who don't know, Apple introduced a new security check in iOS 4.2.x and iOS 4.3.x which puts all those iPhone into recovery loop who try to preserve their old baseband using TinyUmbrella or by changing HOSTS file.
Note: Using RecBoot or TinyUmbrella (Exit Recovery) to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop will be of no use as these tools are only valid for iPhones running iOS 3.1.x and iOS 4.0.x/4.1. Thanks to Notcom who released this special version of TinyUmbrella called Fix Recovery which can actually kick all iPhone 4/3GS users out of iOS 4.2.x and iOS 4.3.x recovery mode loop using GreenPois0n exploit.
Steps to Kick Your iPhone 4/3GS Out of iOS 4.3.3 Recovery Mode Loop:
- Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.3.x (Windows | Mac)
- Download Zlib1.dll from here and place it in the same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present.
- Launch iTunes and plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac via USB cable. Let iTunes run in background and use the following instructions to put your iPhone into DFU mode:
- Hold down the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iTunes detects your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Do not close iTunes. Let it run in the background.