iPhone Dev-Team has just released Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 to unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 5. You can grab this latest build of Ultrasn0w through http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com source in Cydia. If for some reason you don't have a Wi-Fi access in your home or office, you can still unlock your iPhone on iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 5 using Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB file. This simple 3-step guide will teach you how you can install Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 (Similar to Ultrasn0w 1.2.4) on your iPhone without Wi-Fi or SSH access.

UltraSn0w 1.2.41 Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB File to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 5 Offline

Steps to Install Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 on iPhone 4/3GS Offline:

1. Download iPhone Explorer from here and Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB file from the link below:
  2. Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB file + MobileSubstrate from Mediafire [Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB file + MobileSubstrate]

UPDATE X1: Replaced dead download links with working ones from Mediafire.

3. Launch iPhone Explorer, connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and place Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB file and the MobileSubstrate DEB file in the following location:
  4. Location: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Note: The screenshot is indeed missing the MobileSubstrate DEB file, but you need to definitely include it in the AutoInstall folder along with the Ultrasn0w DEB.
    Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 DEB Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 DEB File to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 5 Offline

5. Thats it. Reboot your iPhone. After reboot you will find it fully jailbroken and unlocked on iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 5. Cheers!

Azery2 years, 3 months ago

Can you please update the download link since Megaupload has been shut down ?

Hikove2 years, 7 months ago

Can anyone please post onother link for this file, thanks.

Ckicks2 years, 7 months ago

hmm …

MegaUpload link…VERY USEFULL

Pesmerga2 years, 7 months ago

Lol, sorry it is an old post after all.. :P

Bob2 years, 7 months ago

Hi i followed instructions and now I have lost my screen i can restore and access basic info but in the dark ??????????

Perparim Latifi2 years, 8 months ago

does it work for iphone 3g 4.2.1

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Annimeshraj2 years, 9 months ago

I completed all the above mentioned steps but still my phone is showing No Service.

Can you please tell what I’ll do.

Thanx in advance.

borey2 years, 9 months ago

Hi bro, I have my iphone 3Gs with baseband 06.15.00 can be unlock. I upgrade it to iso 5 and unlock it but it shows no service. So what should i do to make it work with my service in Cambodia.

Allen Christy2 years, 10 months ago

hi prmod
    i have sold my 3gs and by i phone 4 and it was telus mobile i have done the jail break by red sn0w 9.9.b9 my version is 5.0.1 and firm ware is 04.11.08 can this unlock by ultrasn0w 1.3 please advice .Now i am in Pakistan

Marc Khara2 years, 9 months ago

Hi bro, no you can’t. I’m waiting too for an new update… Dev team are very late, but they do their best, so the best thing to do is to wait…

Hector Prada2 years, 10 months ago

Hi Pramod, I have a big problem but don´t know how to get it working. I´ve got an Iphone 4. I updated to 4.3 (8F190) preserving baseband 1.59.00 to unlock. I was at 4.1 working jailbroken and unlocked. I read that at 4.3 with ASLR ultrasn0w was broken. Then ih8sn0w released sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 to jailbreak unlock or to simply preserve baseband. I´m in Venezuela So i just preserved baseband and using a att sim I activated the phone, then used jeilbreakme.com to get untethered at 4.3 then I installed ultrasn0w 1.2.5 but I only get one bar and cant call or anything. then i tried to restore again but to a full jailbroken tethered with sn0wbreeze and tried to install ultrasn0w and the same thing with signal. then i tried to rejailbreak using jailbreakme.com and it kinda broke cydia so i assume this isnt the porper way.
    Now im trying to do a clean custom restore with only preserve baseband and use the att sim….. but this time installing ultrasn0w 1.2 directly through a DEB file. and I get NO SERVICE.
    What am I doing wrong, I mean is there something I should do additionally or differently?
    Thank you.

morata2 years, 10 months ago

thanks a lot guys you are responsible for bringing my iphone 3g back to life.keep up the good work.

ShaneM2 years, 10 months ago

Trying this on an iPhone 3GS that was just jailbroken using the iPad baseband, running iOS 5. The files copied into the AutoInstall folder fine (I used DiskAid just because I already had it), but after restarting, the packages (ultrasn0w and mobile substrate) are red, and the phone doesn’t seem to be unlocked. Any suggestions?

j0sef2 years, 10 months ago

Try restarting it twice, if that does not work use ifunbox and restart it twice too.

David1 year, 11 months ago

This happened to me too :(

gktssm2 years, 10 months ago

hi, i have 3gs,BB 6.15.00, FW 4.3.3.I have done the above procedure but still no signal. I can see those two files in cydia but in red colour. Please help. I think its not installed.

Dave2 years, 11 months ago

I did everything as instructed but I can’t paste the files into the directory as the paste command is not allowed as well as drag and drop. Thanks

RAJ2 years, 11 months ago

Dear Pramod,

I’m very grateful bcoz of u i had jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone 3g 4.2.1 by redsnow bt i started experiencing battery drain problem after the jailbreak,

is there any way to get rid of this, plz help frnd i wud b grateful to u

Well what your facing is just one of several issues of an iPad BB. You might want to give this http://bit.ly/mootZv a read to minimize the battery loss. Unfortunately, there isn’t anyway to get rid of it.

Akshay2 years, 11 months ago

This is AWESOME.. & EXCELLENT.. I could unlock my iphone 3G on 4.2.1… just awesome.. great work guys.

alejandro2 years, 11 months ago

it didnt work for my i have a 3gs with ios 5.0 and 6.15.00

Gergath3 years ago

Worked for me, I find iphone folders nicer to use because you can search your whole iphone just like a zip drive but if you are having problems with this it is probably because you didn’t JB with redsn0w, whatever you used didn’t add afc2add. So just rerun JB with redsn0w and this will work.

vijer3 years ago

The root of the device is not displayed. According to iphone explorer you may also need another file installed trough Cydia. So if you can’t use Cydia to install Ultrasn0w then you are not going to be able to install the required file either.

So nope, this didn’t work for me.

Pramod3 years ago

To get started, your device needs to be jailbroken. Use iFunbox instead of iPhone Explorer.

Allen Christy3 years ago

HI Permod
    Thanks for advice please tell which software can do this BB 05.16.02 to which BB ?

RAJ3 years ago

Hi Pramod,

Thanx for ur support and time u really helped me a lot and ur after ur comments at last I m able to get my carrier back and now I m using my iPhone smoothly

I did it from redsnow and it was all good thanx very much

Allen Christy3 years ago

Hi Please help me i have jailbreak my i phone 3gs ios 4.3.3(8J2) bb 05.16.02 i have done the installation of ultrasn0w but still my sim is in searching and then show no service please advice

Regards

Allen

Pramod3 years ago

Ultrasn0w doesn’t support that BB for an unlock. Unfortunately, the only way to get your device unlocked is by updating your BB to an iPad’s BB. Updating your BB is a forever change. So make sure that your aware of the consequences / dangers of updating to the iPad BB & only then continue. Google the same if necessary.

RAJ3 years ago

Hi Pramod,

Thanx man bt plz tell me how to update BB, and will it be done

Plz help me

RAJ3 years ago

Hi Pramod,

I had actually re installed Ultrasnow 10 times but still it didn’t worked,
    actually I’m installing it from iExplorer and when In Cydia the Ultrasnow and mobile substrate is in red color

I had tried different carrier as well in start it says searching and then it says NO SERVICE

PLZ HELP ME

Pramod3 years ago

What are your current iOS & BB versions? If you updated to iOS 4.2.1 from iTunes using the stock IPSW, you have very well lost the ability to unlock your device on its BB version. Unfortunately, the only way to get your device unlocked is by updating your BB to an iPad’s BB. Updating your BB is a forever change. Make sure that your aware of the consequences / dangers of updating to the iPad BB & only then continue. Google the same if necessary.

Jason3 years ago

I have an iPhone 3gs, and i updated it to ios5 but wont activate so i returned it to ios 4.3.3 but the only thing thats missing is the signal, how can i repair it? the baseband it 06.15.00 how do i unlock it

Pramod3 years ago

Have you jailbroken your device & installed Ultrasn0w?

RAJ3 years ago

hi pramod actually in setting >> carrier there is only automatic showing, and no carrier list and i cant search

PLZ help me

Pramod3 years ago

Have you tried using a different carrier SIM as well?

RAJ3 years ago

I hv iPhone 3g, I hd updated it from 4 to 4.2.1 then i jailbreak it with snowbreeze after then i could no receive my carrier signal then i read this and do as said above bt still my carrier signal is not there and i says NO Service.

PLZ HELP ME.

Pramod3 years ago

Are you able to search for the nearby signals from your carrier list?

madu3 years ago

it worked on my 3gs ios 4.3.3

Thijs3 years ago

Thanks so much! My WIFI is greyed out, but this did the job! Iphone 3gs, BB 6.15.00.

The first boot was no good, but the second reboot did it. My phone is unlocked!

shub3 years, 1 month ago

i m ussing ip4 n i used redsn0w to break
    it was success
    but when i turn off my phone
    it goes on recovery mode
    to get out of it i have to use my pc again and again
    any suggestion to ride off

That’s what’s called a tethered JB. You will always need your PC to boot your iPhone up each time to reboot / switch OFF your device. Your iOS on whichever version it was jailbroken doesn’t have an untethered JB as of yet.

Cyrus3 years, 1 month ago

Hi pls could someone help me. My phone 3GS new bootrom on 4.3.3 was working good. Suddenly it begun to reboot and my wifi and bluetooth and cell service are grayout. I try everting but nothing helped. I read all around but could not find any thing that helped me out. On some sites they say you need to update your baseband to the of ipad to solve these issue. I must state also that my bluetooth address is not displaying eather my bootrom. Pls needhelp. I just happen sudenly withou installing or doeing any thing on the phone!!!!

A hardware issue caused because the BB isn’t able to successfully load the radio functionalities such as BT/Wi-Fi/Calls. In short, your BB has crashed at the hardware level & therefore getting it replaced will only help. Updating to the iPadBB will not help either. Take it to the nearest Apple store & get it checked ASAP.

abosbet3 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod

i am using Iphone 4, 4.3.3 , 4.10.01, with gevey sim, i managed to install ultrasn0w without wifi connection (i checked in cydia ) but still “no service”. do u have any suggestions ?

No use installing Ultrasn0w on 4.10.01 because its an unsupported BB version which makes it pretty much useless. Uninstall it from Cydia & continue using the Gevey.

iphone network lost3 years, 2 months ago

So that means, i’ll have to downgrade to 4.3.3 and try to unlock it?

Thanks.

Read the last line of my previous comment once again. There isn’t any unlock for the iP4 as of now. So there is no point in going through the hassle of downgrading your iP4 for an unlock when it doesn’t have one to begin with. Use the Gevey SIM.

iphone network lost3 years, 2 months ago

I have an iphone 4.3.4 (8K2)
    Model : MC604B
    Firmware : 04.10.01
    Carrier : Orange UK 10.0

I got a tethered jailbreak done with redsnow 0.9.8b3.

Everything was fine in the UK.

But now i am in India and i tried to use a Vodaphone, Airtel, Idea sim card but the phone is not detecting the cellular network. I am also unable to activate the phone in itunes.

The option for “Carrier” under “Settings” disappears if i insert the Indian Sim Cards.

Anything to solve the network problem?

Your basically asking how to unlock your iP4. What you have explained is just normal, unless you have actually unlocked your iP4, there is no way that it will be able to detect any 3rd party carrier SIMs. Right now, using a Gevey SIM to unlock your iP4 is the only way. There isn’t any unlock for the iP4 as of now.

Nemesis3 years, 2 months ago

Hi im using an iP4 firmware 4.3.3 and BB no. 04.10.01..is it safe to upgrade the baseband to 06.15.00 and THEN use ultrasn0w 1.2.3 to unlock the phone offline.
    i already jailbroke it using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16.
    Also i would like to ask whether the carrier name changes after a jailbreak?
    (Settings>General>About shows my carrier as AT&T 10.0…
    Thanks in advance :)

Ofcourse not. The iP4 has a totally different BB chip than the one on the iP3GS/3G. Therefore, there is no way you can perform any kind of upgrade on your iP4’s BB unlike the others. Using a Gevey SIM is the only way to get your iP4 unlocked as of now. So, its not only safe, but you will never get any such kind of option such as an iPad BB update for the iP4.
      No, the carrier name will change only when your iP4 is able to detect & grab a GSM signal for a non-AT&T SIM.

Will3 years, 2 months ago

Pramod,

Now, my wifi button is not greyed out however I can’t easily pick up wifi signals. I am able to place calls.

Thanks.

Check the Wi-Fi’s signal strengths. If its still not able to grab a signal for you even when there is one, then this is more of a hardware issue.

Dura1d3 years, 2 months ago

i love you… works perfectly… my ifone lives..

Will3 years, 2 months ago

My iphone 3GS still cannot pick up any wifi signal after the unlocking (as outlined above). Could you please let me know how I can fix this?

Your Wi-Fi was greyed out even before you tried the unlock right? That’s what you have mentioned here (my Wi-Fi is still greyed out). Are you able to place calls?

joshy3 years, 2 months ago

hi volvorine,

this is joshy. i got a problem with my 3gs iphone speaker.
    i cant hear the ringing tone while some call come to the phone, can u assist me to fix this?

This could be a hardware related issue. You need to get it fixed from a local mobile repair outlet near you.

Arman3 years, 2 months ago

Thanks! it works with my iphone 3G 4.2.1 baseband 05.13.04

Chris3 years, 2 months ago

I have a 3gs 5.12.01 successfully unlocked until the 1.2.3 update. I still have wifi and a network to make calls but no edge or 3g anymore. Tried it several times with cydia or deb-files. Can u help?

Thx

Well are you sure that its only after you installed Ultrasn0w you lost your 3G/EDGE. If so, you mean to say that it has wiped out every data connectivity capability of your iPhone? Never heard of Ultrasn0w seeming to cause such an issue. I would suggest you to perform a completely fresh custom restore of your iOS & retry the unlock.

Nady3 years, 2 months ago

You rock man!!! I have a 3GS and I updated it to custome ipsw 4.3.3 from 4.1 and jailbroke with sn0wbreeze 2.7. But I was unable to unlock using ultrasn0w 1.2.3 without a wifi connection. Though I followed the same steps which are mentioned here and several other posts several times, it was not working for me. What worked for me was the download of the correct mobilesubtrate file you have in this post. I believe the one that I downloaded earlier was not the right one. I am so thankful to you for that. Thanks a million buddy!!!

hekkk3 years, 2 months ago

Please, if someone can help me? I already see too much forum about the desimlockage of iphone, but up to now I can’t,

this is a 3gs, firmware 4.3.3 and the baseband 05.16.02

I don’t say how can I do to desimlock this over the ipad baseband.

rrrrrrrrrrrr3 years, 2 months ago

actually everything has gone very well till i used redwnow and i had installed iphone browser tried to find cydia folder to place the ultrasnow software files two files as per your suggesition i had added those folders manually but i didnt know how to add those files to that autoinstall folder so please help me in this if i do this in india and also will it work for my india carrier please let me know thank u

Well all you need to do is drag & drop the 2 deb files that you have downloaded into the AutoInstall folder & reboot twice. That’s it & yes, it will definitely work for all the carriers across the world. (Only for iP3G/3GS)

Will3 years, 2 months ago

After my earlier question, I moved a step forward to try to install the Ultrasn0w without Wi-FI connection. I followed the steps above and also installed the additional deb files suggested above.

I noticed the following though:

– Ultrasn0w is still not shown in Cydia as ‘installed’ with green check mark
    – my bluetooth that was initially working fine, now could not be used
    – my Wi-Fi is still greyed out
    my modem firmware is 06.15.00 and it’s a 4.3.3 3GS iphone.

Could someone please help out?

Update: Thank you all for the help.

My phone now works well by following the main instruction above however using the link that BillKill suggested above.

harjeet3 years, 3 months ago

how to unlock iphone 4.3.4 carrier usig windows ?

Without even telling me your iPhone Model/BB version details, how can I even begin to help you?

bimadcat3 years, 3 months ago

IT WORKS!! my sim card is showed up now!
    thx for your tutorial! :-)

shiva3 years, 3 months ago

dude thanks a lot, I got my i phone back with all functions, I downloaded ultra snow 1.2.3 and installed manually in my ios 4.3.3 with 06.15 baseband.

once again I thank u bro

MM3 years, 3 months ago

I just got an iphone 3gs which I was told is jailbroken. It has cydia installed but when I tried to unlock it using cydia, it says cannot load (internet appears to be offline).
    My wifi is turned on and I’m sure that i have wifi as there are bars on the upper left and i’ve used this wifi before on other phones.
    how can i get internet to work on it so i can unlock it?

There is something wrong with your Wi-Fi’s internet connectivity. Right now, if your looking for an unlock only, you can go ahead and follow the steps mentioned here. Its very unlikely that your iP3GS was jailbroken & not unlocked at the same time. You might want to check if its really unlocked in the first place.

BillKill3 years, 3 months ago

The Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 deb file alone doesn’t work for a manual install without Wifi.
    You need Mobile Substrate as well.
    I had the same problem with my 3GS. Ultrasn0w was showing in Cydia package but it was unchecked.

You can download the mobile substrate and ultrasn0w deb files from here:

SaraS3 years, 3 months ago

Hi- I recently downloaded cydia and followed the comments to also add and download ultrasn0w 1.2.3 but i only see one bar. my firmewire is 4.10… can anyone help me figure out why its not unlocking?

also im currently outside the US, and using a local sim in my iphone 4 to try to unlock.

There is no point in using Ultrasn0w if your trying to unlock your iP4 because Ultrasn0w cannot unlock your current BB version which is 04.10. Only a Gevey SIM interposer can unlock the iP4 as of now. You can now uninstall Ultrasn0w.

John3 years, 3 months ago

Hi guys i updated my iphone fom 5.15.05 to 6.15.00 and i installed cydia after ultrasnow 1.2.3 and my iphone still have restricted network
    What can i do?? Someone please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you exactly mean by restricted? Did you install Ultrasn0w offline (Manually via iPhoneExplorer)?

Vaibhav3 years, 3 months ago

lol…….that works…….thanks ultrasnow team…..

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

i can confirm….the above method won’t work….you must download ultrasn0w with WiFi in order to work!!!

It does work infact, provided you have Mobile Substrate as well along with the Ultrasn0w.deb being one of the dependencies for Ultrasn0w.

Ozl3 years, 4 months ago

Hi @Pramod i admire your time spent on replying to everyone here, i have followed the steps shown on this guide, right now im in a Jailbroken iPhone 3G with iPad Baseband 06.15.00 i installed it with Redsn0w. Right now i have Ultrasn0w showing on Cydia/Manage with a Green Checkmark, but NO signal, i have the Grayed out No Wifi Problem also, this is a friends Phone he gave me for unlock but still after several custom restores and reboots problem persists.

Good day people!

Ozl

Thanks for your appreciation.
      The problem is very much similar to a corrupt BB which will by default disable your Wi-FI/BT/Calling capabilities. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be resolved via any s/w that we have at hand as this is something more of an hardware issue. I would suggest you to take it to the nearest Apple store/local dealer and try to get it repaired i.e if your ready to pay some good price for the repairs. You’ll not have an IMEI & a MAC address as well due to this.

ozl3 years, 4 months ago

ok then thanks so much for your reply, ill tell my friend, good day!!!

Long3 years, 4 months ago

I did not install Cydia. Can I use this method to unlock iOS 4.3.3?
    Thanks,
    Long

You’ll definitely need to jailbreak your iPhone (which will install Cydia). Following that only will you be able to unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w. In either cases, jailbreak is a must for unlocking.

Greg3 years, 4 months ago

I have a iPhone 4 and I did not see until to late that I had 4.10.1 and installed it. Now I don’t have a carrier. Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry, but as you may have seen in the post itself, 04.10 is an unsupported BB for Ultrasn0w. Your option to unlock your iPhone is only via Gevey. The s/w unlock is expected to come by but no ETA on the same. :(

Greg3 years, 4 months ago

Okay thank you. I just restored it and re jail broke it. I don’t need it unlocked I don’t think. I’m with AT&T and I don’t plan on moving. I just want to take full advantage of the phone. Any other suggestions?

Well, if you don’t rely on an unlock, you won’t be getting this prblem in the first place. The signal bar issues occurs when you try to preserve your BB and still upgrade your iOS. From when did you start experiencing this issue? If you have done absolutely nothing, you can very well take it back to the Apple store for a free repair as well.

Miika3 years, 5 months ago

I made these steps manually, now I dragged the ultrasn0w.deb into iPhoneExplorer, I can see it now in the right place like in your photos. But what I have to do when it’s there? Should it work without doing anything for it?

Continue ahead and reboot your iPhone. If it dint work once it’ll work for sure the second time you reboot. Make sure you have inserted your SIM into your phone before the reboot. It’ll work fine after that.

Montana3 years, 5 months ago

I have followed your steps and everything is gd,
    but after rebooting there still no signal, which means it didnt unlock my iphone,
    im running a 06.15 on my device it was working perfectly before restoring last night, but unfortunately i dont have an internet connection at the moment except my neighbors wireless wich is so far and my i device can’t connect through it,
    i can see the ultrasn0w at cydia packages, and it is checked but it has a red background, when i try to modify it, it only shows remove, clear or cancel,
    any idea’s can help !

Patrick3 years, 5 months ago

Nops. I can confirm that the above method will not work. You must install Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 using Wifi. Many people had the same issue as yours and they fixed it by installing Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 directly from Cydia over Wifi connection. Sorry for inconvenience caused to u by the above method.

Zulfiqar3 years, 5 months ago

My current baseband is 01.59.00

Patrick3 years, 5 months ago

Nops Zulfiqar, installing Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 DEB file will never unlock your iPhone. You need to install it directly using Wifi. After reading bunch of comments, i finally came to conclusion that Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 DEB do not installs manually using the above info.

Zulfiqar3 years, 5 months ago

I installed ultrasnow in my iPhone 4 4.3 but it couldn’t unlock my iPhone. Is there any
    Other way

majdi113 years, 5 months ago

i have a iphone 3gs, Baseband 06.15.00 and ios. 4.3.2. i have not a Wifi.the Ultrasn0w was via Iphone Exploerer installed but the iphone is still with Sim Lock.can u help me please????

Also go to Cydia -> Manage -> Packages and see if you find Ultrasn0w in the list? If YES the is it checked?

Geovanny3 years, 5 months ago

bueno miren yo tengo un iphone 3gs con firware 4.3.3 tengo cydia instalado y todo pero mi wifi no funciona ni el bluetooth y ya me fastidie de restaurarlo desde 4.3.3 a 4.2.1 4.1 y nada

como podria reparar el error de no wifi y bluettoth ni si quiera aparese el baseband de mi iphone por lo que investigue pienso que es un mal flasheo del baseband del ipad por alguna extrana razon no se instalo correctamente

alguna idea

Yeah, your baseband SIM is damaged. As Bluetooh and Wifi are the part of bb chip, so they will not work. You need to downgrade to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 and see if it works!

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

can u give me the guide link for downgrading into iOS 4.2.1 pls?

Paul3 years, 5 months ago

Please help!
    I cannot load Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 via Cydia, because when I search for it within Cydia it cant be found.
    I have repo666.ultrasnow.com showing in sources, but when I click on it the file is empty. I have removed and reinstalled it back to the sources directory in cydia, but I still cant get ultrasnow via the search option.

Incidentally, I tried to access http://repo666.ultrasnow.com from my pc, and it says the domain is up for sale! I dont think there are any ultrasnow files now on that web address which could be part of the problem.

I have now tried the iphone explorer option, and get as far as the media file, and then nothing else!! Cydia is not showing nor is auto install.

Please help, as Ive jailbroken the phone but need to unlock it now, and this is the last step which is very frustrating.
    Why won’t iphone explorer see the cydia file and how do I rectify this to place the ultrasnow db file on auto install?

Its http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com NOT http://repo666.ultrasnow.com

There is a ZERO in Ultrasn0w :D

In manual method, you must create Cydia and AutoInstall directory manually. Right click and choose -> Create new directory!

Paul3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for thew reply.

When I open the media folder in explorer and right click, I only have two options, Add new folder, and Delete selections. How do I create a new directory or am I trying to do it in the wrong place?

Paul3 years, 5 months ago

Wolverine,

Got it working!! jailbroke and unlocked!
          managed to reinstall ultrasn0w via Cydia and after running it booted up fine and s working perfectly via my UK Virgin Sim card.
          Not sure if GPS is working, is that still an issue as of now? If so, how would I check and whats the workaround.

Thanks again for this, your help was invaluable.

Glad that it worked for you :D

Choose Add new folder option when you right-click anywhere in media folder.

Akshay3 years, 5 months ago

I have the Iphone 4 BB 3.10.01 which doesnt have an unlock yet. Is there a way to maybe downgrade the baseband to make it compatible with the unlocks…?

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

I installed utrasnow 123 correctly, but it says unable to load (the internet connection appears to be offline). but still it is not unlocked or i can’t use a different carrier

You are trying to install Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 using Cydia? As far as i know, the above method do not require you to have an activate internet connection. What is your iPhone model and baseband?

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

sorry for the delay, i installed ultrasn0w 1.2.3 through cydia, as per the 2nd step in this guide, my iphone model is MB715LL, and the baseband is still 05.16.02, how can i get a internet connection in this iphone without an active sim card, i dont know , please help!

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

Sorry boss not through cydia, as per the step 2 through iphone explorer i installed ultrasn0w 1.2.3, (var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall). and i do have an AT&T simcard but no service. is that help a bit?

You do have an AT&T SIM but it will not unlock your iPhone unless you are present in U.S. Outside U.S., AT&T SIM will not pick signals unless roaming is enabled. Also Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 can not unlock your current baseband 05.16.02 directly. Upgrade to iPad bb first and then unlock using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3.

Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 can not unlock iPhone 3GS baseband 05.16.02. To unlock it you must first upgrade to iPad baseband using this guide http://bit.ly/jF037W Note that you might lose your GPS functionality if you will try to upgrade your current baseband to iPad baseband.

iphone9ja3 years, 5 months ago

Hello,
    Did jus like you said but still showing one bar in the network area for an mtn line. The baseband is 05.12.10 for 3.1.3. Is there anyway else please?

Ok. After reboot, when you navigate to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall directory, do you see Ultrasn0w.deb? Also go to Cydia -> Manage -> Packages and see if u find Ultrasn0w in the list?

Ido3 years, 5 months ago

I see it on the list, yet it doesnt have a check by the side which means its not installed, and I have a grey wifi, and im stuck on ” Searching ” x(

please help

If your Wifi is grayed, here is what CNET and Apple recommend in such situation:
          1. Reset network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Setting)
          2. Erase all settings (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings)
          3. Restore the iPhone
          X. In my personal opinion, Wifi do not work when your BASEBAND chip is damaged or not working properly. Wifi and Bluetooth and part of bb chip. http://bit.ly/muD4GL

Now why Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 is not installed? Only verbose mode can tell. How to get verbose mode? You need to have an SSH access. You do not have Wifi? Use SSH tunnel http://bit.ly/gzY37I Once you got terminal access, place Ultrasn0w deb in AutoInstall directory and use the following commands at terminal:
          su
          alpine
          dpkg -i /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/ultrasn0w.deb

gmax3 years, 5 months ago

What is verbose mode? how do i do that in windows? i have the same problem too where the ultrasnow is in the list but not installed (not ticked)..

In verbose mode, you can view the error details. When you run the above command (Which i told to Ido) in Putty or using WinSCP terminal, you will be able to see if Ultrasn0w.deb has been installed correctly or not.

absolutgimlet3 years, 5 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

looks like I do have the same problem as Ido.

I have a 3GS, the Ipad baseband 06.15.00. It is jailbroken with redsnow.

My problem is that I cant get any Internet connection; I did have this problem before with my wifi.

I used the iphonebrowser to get ultrasnow into the autorun folder from cydia.

I tried it several times with different downloads of ultrasn0w 1.2.3; but no result.

So I tryed to get into verbose mode, as you suggested, but I can’get openSHH running, because I have no internet connection…

Any Ideas?

You you reboot your iPhone, go to AutoInstall directory and see if Ultrasn0w.DEB is present. If it is not present, go to Cydia -> Manage -> Packages -> See if Ultrasn0w is installed and checked?

absolutgimlet3 years, 5 months ago

After rebooting the ultrasnow is not present anymore!

I can find it in Cydia, but it is not checked… it says, “unable to load (Internet connection appears to be offline)…

Download these DEB files http://www.mediafire.com/?n4vb40j7r445mkb and install them by placing into AutoInstall directory. Once installed, re-install Ultrasn0w using the above guide.

absolutgimlet3 years, 5 months ago

THX so far… but it did help…

I now see “Hackulous Resources” and “Secure GUI” in Cydia. Both proper installed, but unable to use due to missing Internet connection.

But ultrasn0w is still not checked, and still gone in Autostart after rebooting.

Are you sure your Enable 3G option is set to OFF?

absolutgimlet3 years, 5 months ago

I tryed to install ultrasnow both ways now, with 3G enabled and 3G disabled.

No difference…

With the Wifi, I had problems more or less since I have the phone. I only can connect to some networks (never worked at home so far). That is the last option I know in the moment, I will go tomorrow to a public place, I could normally get into the wifi…

The whole reason why I updated is that I got a new SIM-card, and I could not get any data from my network…

In the moment I would be happy to get back to be able to make phone calls…

Hmmm. Please do let me know if installing Ultrasn0w through Wifi works.

absolutgimlet3 years, 5 months ago

It worked!!!

As soon as I got a Internet connection, Ultrasnow worked an I got unlocked.

I also have 3G now…

THX a lot for your effort wolverine!

iPhone model and Baseband version? It worked in the first try? U installed Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 through DEB file?

tzzz3 years, 5 months ago

Cydia doesn’t appear under the media file

Create it manually. It will work.

SheepGR3 years, 5 months ago

How do you get cydia into the iphonee xplorere? can I download from somewhere?

Patrick3 years, 5 months ago

Right-click anywhere in the empty space and choose “Add New Folder” from context-menu.

Akshay3 years, 5 months ago

Any fix to unlock 2.10.04 Baseband yet…?
    Or is it still GEVEY?

Only Gevey can unlock iPhone 4 02.10.04 bb for now :(

Akshay3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks.. Hope The dev team comes up with something soon :)

Jeff3 years, 5 months ago