After jailbreaking your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.3, you can install SAM on your iPhone to activate it officially using iTunes. This will not only provide you with much improved battery life but will also enable fully working Push Notifications on your iDevice. For those who don't know, SAM tricks iTunes to generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone which in turn fully activates your iPhone without official carrier SIM card.
Steps to Officially Activate iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 Using SAM:
- Launch Cydia app on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- Tap on Manage tab followed by a tap on Sources section
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right followed by tap on Add button on the top-left. Enter http://repo.bingner.com as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type SAM in the search field.
- Choose SAM from the search results and tap on Install button on the top-right begin SAM installation.
- Once done, hit the Reboot Device button to restart your iPhone.
- Once you have successfully installed SAM on your iPhone, navigate to Settings » SAM » Utilities and tap on Revert Lockdown to Stock button. You will see Stockification Success message. If you see Stockification Failure message then it means you have not installed correct version of SAM on your iPhone.
- Now tap on SAM button on the top-left to go back to the main menu.
- Thats it. Plug your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes. You will see the following screen in iTunes:
- Wait while iTunes generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone. Once done, you are all set to sync and backup your iPhone.
- After syncing and backing up your iPhone, iTunes will throw error 1651. Just ignore this message.
- Open SAM app on your iPhone and click on the More Information menu.
- If you see ActivationState as WildcardActivated, thats it! Your done!
- To test if Push Notifications are working fine or not, install iPusher app from App Store. Once installed, tap on Test Push Notifications button and if you see Yay, push notifications work fine! message then it means Push Notifications are working fine. Also note that to test Push Notifications using iPusher app, you must be connected to Wi-Fi with an active internet connection.