PwnageTool 4.3.3.1, Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 & Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 Updated to Fix iPhone 4/3GS Side Switch Vibrate Issue

iPhone Dev-Team has just released PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 and Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 to fix iPhone 4/3GS side-switch vibration issue on iOS 4.3.3. For those who don't know, since iOS 4.3 jailbreak using i0n1c's untethered payload, many iPhone 4/3GS users reported that their side-switch vibrates randomly when they toggle it from silent to ringer or ringer to silent mode. Thanks to i0n1c, who even do not own an iPhone but still managed to fix the hole in his untethered payload.

Download Links:

Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 for Windows
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 for Mac OS X
Download PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 for Mac OS X [Direct Link]
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 for Windows

Already Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3?

If you are already jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3 using PwnageTool 4.3.3, Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 or Sn0wbreeze 2.7, just run Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 over your existing untethered jailbreak to fix the side-switch issue on your iPhone. To do so, follow the step-by-step guide here but skip step 1, 2, 3 & 4 as you are already on iOS 4.3.3.

Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16
Note that when you re-jailbreak your iPhone using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16, DO NOT check Install Cydia option again to avoid Cydia dependency conflicts. You can choose any other option below or simply do not choose any option at all. Either way, Redsn0w will fix the side-switch issue on your iPhone.

PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 for iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Jailbreak:

The procedure to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Mac OS X with PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 is exactly similar to the last release. Just download PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 from the above links and follow step-by-step guide here to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.3.3.
PwnageTool 4.3.3.1
Use PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.3.3 if:

• You are a Mac OS X user.
  • You want to preserve your current baseband.
  • You rely on an unlock.
  • You are on iOS version < iOS 4.3.3 and want to have untethered iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak on your iPhone.

Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 for iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Jailbreak:

The procedure to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4 (GSM)/3GS and iOS 4.2.8 on Verizon iPhone 4 on Windows using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 is exactly similar to the last release. Just download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 from the above links and follow step-by-step guide here to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.3.3.

Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1

Use Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.3.3 if:

• You are a Windows 7/Vista/XP user.
  • You want to preserve your current baseband.
  • You rely on an unlock.

UPDATE#1: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3.2 to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.2 (Build 8F305) on Apple TV 2G
UPDATE#2: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 [Fixes PacMan Issues - File Size Decreased]

Recommended Read:

icefire4 years, 9 months ago

hi Pramod i have a problem with my ip3gs the version is 4.3.5 and the baseband is 5.16.02 i already jailbreak the 4.3.5 but how can i change the baseband ?so that i can use the sim card or the carrier? before the carries is at&t now it is 10.0 but my sim card is smart buddy. still searching.. . please help me to solve this problem. thanks

Abdul5 years ago

i had used Redsn0w 0.9.8b5 for jailbreaking. Faced side switch issue ..so tried Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 thing over it ……

U want me to jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 and then try Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 over it ?

Pramod5 years ago

Ofcourse not !! Read my previous reply thoroughly. I specifically meant a fresh install of the iOS that your currently running using a custom IPSW.

Abdul5 years ago

just tried

“run Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 over your existing untethered jailbreak to fix the side-switch issue on your iPhone”
    on my 3gs ….

Vibrator still doesn’t work. :-(

Pramod5 years ago

I would still suggest a fresh install with a custom IPSW rather than a re-jailbreak.

raj5 years, 1 month ago

hey! I have a i phone 4 with att. I was trying to restore my iphone and now it is struck on a window. i tried to hold the power and home button, apple logo came up and when it restarts it gets struck on the same window. i also see that the battery indicator is red and even i plugged in to charge for 6 to 8 hours it dont charge. Can you please help me.. Thanks!

Which iOS where you on first? How & what did you try to restore your iP4? Your query is just too vague w/o any important details which makes it hard for us to understand. And explain which so called window are you stuck on?

Tommy5 years, 1 month ago

I have a ATT white iphone 4 running 4.3.3.
    i try first step ( Browse 4.3.3 firmware) but it all way say “Unable to recognize specified IPSW”.
    I used Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 and even Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16, but it still gave me that message.
    thanks

Eh, are you sure your using an iOS 4.3.3 IPSW ? Make sure that the IPSW that you have downloaded is not broken. Re-download the 4.3.3 IPSW if necessary.

livo815 years, 1 month ago

HI Pramod

Im using Iphone 4 running ios 4.3.3 at firnware 4.10.01

suggestions>

If your is an iP4, then this definitely isn’t caused by a jailbreak. This is more of a user specific issue. You will definitely see some kind of battery drain because that’s a normal thing on the iPhones. But then it purely depends on your usage & background apps that you might be running even when they aren’t being used. Batteries do drain depending on the usage & over a course of time.

livo815 years, 1 month ago

Hi Pramod

Having fixed by phone with your help using custom ipsw with snowbreeze i am now running ios4.3.3

i am having some major battery drain issues and its been recommended to use redsnow redsn0w rc16 ontop of my jailbreak.

if i do this will i loose all existing data on my phone- do i need to back up etc.

finally can you direct me to a link on this website regarding battery drain issues and what tweaks and programmes may be causing that

thanks Pramod.

Both Redsn0w & Sn0wbreeze incorporate the same untethered payloads for iOS 4.3.3. So you will see the same result if you used . The battery issues are caused due to the iPad BB because its supposed to be on an iPad & not on an iPhone. Right? You might want to read this http://bit.ly/mootZv for some tips on saving the battery life of your iP3GS. Using Redsn0w will cause unwanted issues (loops etc..) that you had been facing earlier, so avoid performing any such procedures.

the ry5 years, 2 months ago

this is the first time i’ve asked for help, you’ll see why….

Stats: 3GS
    6.15.00
    4.3.3

backstory: I’ve had my phone jailbroken before, it was easy and I was on 4.2.1 and a low modem firmware # too. Then I made the mistake of accepting a itunes update and 4.3.3 was installed before the unteathered jailbreak was released. BUT, with your forum, I upgraded to iPad bb 6.15 and downgraded my OS 4.3.2. All was good, except my phone would go on these reboot loops. so annoying. I wanted a fix so I started last week to research the best options…

Using the downgrade forum (http://jaxov.com/2011/06/how-to-downgrade-ios-5-to-ios-4-3-3-4-2-1-4-1-4-0-or-iphone-os-3-1-3-3-1-2/) I was able to jailbreak and activate my iphone with service and wifi using sn0wbreeze 2.7. My week’s worth of texts flooded in. (and I didn’t have to use ultrasn0w?!?!) I unplugged, rebooted to verify that the fix would hold, but sadly it didn’t.

After I tried the FixRecovery43. The first time, it seemed to disappear before finishing. I tried it again and it worked! So I tried jailbreaking with redsn0w r15 and it worked, but after using ultrasn0w 1.2.3 I lost my wifi (greyed out) and had service.

I think the wifi FAIL on that last one might have been cause when I installed ultrasn0w with the 3G toggled ON :(

I ultimately have tried everything in an assortment of orders. BUT I believe I was successful at having a jailbreak with service and wifi (without reboot loop) when I was able to used FixRecovery43 successfully. Also, could you suggest an exact process for my case? I’m not sure it’s unique, but I’ve followed all your forums to the TEE, with some successes, but I neeeeeed closure (and sleep)!!!!

Thanks a ton! I’d also like to donate for your time (just with reading all this ahahhaha)

-ryan

Create a custom iOS 4.3.3 IPSW using Sn0wBreeze & restore to that. This will get you jailbroken & unlocked w/o any errors. Read this http://bit.ly/mbFORU & make sure that your hosts file is pointing towards Cydia’s server address as well to begin with.

marius sabou5 years, 2 months ago

Hy. i am new with iphone and i received an iphone 4 from a cousin, but it says ‘ NO SERVICE ‘. I would like to know how i can unlock it. software version 4.3.3 and baseband 4.10.01 HELP PLSSSSS.

You cannot via a s/w unlock. The only way to get your iP4 unlocked is by using the Gevey SIM interposer. Read this http://bit.ly/jIVot1. Works upto iOS 4.3.5.

Ghanshyam5 years, 2 months ago

IPhone 3GS 4.3.3 (8J2) Jailbroke BB 5.16.02. I am unable to upgrade BB to 6.15.0 How many times I cannot upgrade the baseband through Redsnow. It always crashes. I used both my PC and MAC. On PC I even used compatibility mode, 1 cpu. I have mac core2duo 2.56GHz. I have I Tune 10.3.1 installed. I do not know how to proceed? Any ideas.

You should not choose both Install Cydia & Install iPad BB options at the same time. This causes Redsn0w to crash right after the fetch. Choose only one at a time.

1. Run Redsn0w first with the Install iPad BB option ONLY.
      2. Re-run Redsn0w, but this time choose Install Cydia along with any other option of your choice EXCEPT the Install iPad BB option.
      3. Voila !!
      Everything works well. :)

Javier5 years, 2 months ago

I Jailbroke my iPhone 3gs on 4.3.3 firmware on redsnow and also put the base band on 6.15.0. But the cydia wont run on the iPhone. Any ideas what this could be?

thanks.

You’ll need an internet connectivity over Wi-Fi to get Cydia up and running.

Michael5 years, 2 months ago

Will this work on my iPad 2 wifi?

No, it’ll not. You ‘ll need to wait until Comex releases his JB tool.

Baad Shah5 years, 3 months ago

I have 32GB 3Gs iphone which i accidently updated from software version 3.1 to 4.3.3 and then i used pwnage tool 4.3.3 to jailbreak it. I was successful to jailbreak it but i don’t know how to unlock it so that i can use un official sim anywhere in the world…please help me i’m stuck on unlocking it …thanks for your best suggestion….

For an unlock, you’ll need to update your BB to 06.15.00. Pwnage Tool has preserved for you the BB which is currently unlockable. Follow this guide instead http://bit.ly/lccwoE. Good Luck.

Haris5 years, 3 months ago

is there any way to unlock IOS 4.4.3 (8j2) base band 4.10.01
    can do it if i downgrade or upgrade my base band plz guide…if possible this gavey Sim is becoming headache now..

Nopes. Gevey SIM is the only way out to get your iPhone 4 unlocked as of now.

sumsumlb5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your answer Pramod. I did all that. Restored to stock 4.3.3 and activate it with the original Sim card and I used Gevey but still rebooting every 2 minutes even I can use it and call. All this start when I Jailbreak it using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 it start to reboot every 2 minutes. That’s why I restore it to stock to ipsw. In it’s original out-of-box state didn’t reboot. Do you think it’s a hardware prob and I should return it to Apple? Or a Software problem?

No need to return your iPhone an all. Since you have found what’s causing this issue, refrain from using Sn0wBreeze. If you need to jailbreak, use Redsn0w instead. By using Sn0wB, your preserving your previous BB which is not needed since your BB is unlockable anyhow. :)

sumsumlb5 years, 3 months ago

I have an iPhone 4 locked with a no valid Sim card installed so I upgrade it to the 4.3.3 through iTunes then jailbreak it with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 after that it start to boot and and i can work with it for about 1 minute then it reboot again and doesn’t charge the battery until it’s completely off so I jailbreak it again with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 still the same problem so I restore through iTunes again to the stock ipsw 4.3.3 8j2 Base-band 4.10.01-ICE_2_13 Try to downgrade but I didn’t save the SHSH so I am Stuck now with the rebooting issue, stock ipsw 4.3.3 and the no valid Sim card installed.

Restore your iPhone 4 o stock 4.3.3 w/o using any kind of DFU tool directly from iTunes. This will get your iPhone back alive. There is no point in downgrading if you have not saved your SHSH for that particular iOS. If you haven’t saved them, you cannot downgrade either.
      For the Invalid SIM card error, you’ll need to put in your official carrier SIM that came locked with your iPhone. If you rely on an unlock, Gevey SIM interposer is the only option.

ned5 years, 3 months ago

Wolverine i got iphone 4 (4.3.3) baseband 04.10.01 can i jailbreak it and how??
    thanks upfront…

Yes, you can go ahead and jailbreak your iPhone 4 by downloading the latest version of Redsn0wRC16 from this post topic itself and then by following this guide closely http://bit.ly/kPhfh0. :)

ned5 years, 3 months ago

thanks soo much..
        and 1 more question do i have to restore my idevice to stock iOS 4.3.3 version? coz i do have already stock 4.3.3 on my phone and if i do so will i lose all my apps, contacts etc.

Its always advisable take a backup before you proceed with any kind of jailbreak/unlock. But in case of restoring, Apple gives you a completely fresh installation of the iOS, just like how it came out of the box. So, if your ever doing a complete Restore, then you definitely should take the backup. Since we are using Redsn0wRC16, this will not restore. It’ll jailbreak for you & also keep your settings, apps, contacts etc intact.

FrRinLv5 years, 4 months ago

It stopped on the step “exploiting with limer1n”

iphonefamily5 years, 4 months ago

This application can resolve a few bugs with the prior redsn0w app, most importantly
    with the iPhone 3GS and iPhone..redsn0w rc16 has more improvements

Good work

Daj7215 years, 4 months ago

hi everyone!…

I just jailbreaked my iPhone 3g running on 4.1 (baseband 06.15.00)… with redsn0w… after i did that, my iPhone wont vibrate anymore. What can I do?

Go to Settings -> Sounds and turn Vibrate to ON.

ndry935 years, 4 months ago

error 1600, pls help, and my iphone is off

joshy5 years, 4 months ago

When i bought my iPhone 3GS its firmware was 3.1.2, and i unlocked my iphone with iphone unlocker software. i am in india now and using a different carrier. it was working smoothly. after one year about a month ago i updated it to 4.3.2, then iphone get locked. i am not able to use a different sim it says no sim, i spend a lot of time in internet to unlock, then i got some information to unlock, i went through that, i change my baseband, i used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5. then finally i got my screen black, when it try to boot , i could see apple logo on screen then suddenly it is going black, then i try to restore it its got updated again , presently my iphone is on 4.3.3 (8J2) firmware with 05.16.02 baseband. now i need to unlock my iphone 3GS with 4.3.3 (8j2). I hope u can give me some valuable tips to unlock it without getting any touble.

You read somewhere right. You need to upgrade your baseband to iPad baseband. To do that, download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 from the above post and follow this guide http://bit.ly/lAi8at In step 6, choose “Install iPad baseband” option. This will upgrade your baseband to 06.15.00 which can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 http://bit.ly/itMs7o

PS: Upgrading to iPad bb might lose you GPS functionality.

joshy5 years, 4 months ago

hi ,wolverine i followed all the instructions upto step 6, but i couldn’t find the option install ipad baseband option inthis step, i am stuck, please help!!!!

Can you tell me the complete name of IPSW you are pointing to Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15? Also see the updated guide here http://bit.ly/jF037W

joshy5 years, 4 months ago

iphone3,1_4.3.3_8j2_restore

You are restoring iPhone 4 firmware on your iPhone 3GS :| Download stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW for iPhone 3GS from here http://bit.ly/mS19Kt It should be iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw

basana5 years, 2 months ago

Hi!

pls, help!
            I have upgraded through Itunes my 3G with 3.2 jailbreak to 4.3.3.
            After that I`ve managed to jailbreak it, BUT! >>
            my Iphone has 4.2.1 jailbreak but modem-frimware 05.15.04.
            It finds no mobile net.

How can I make it call?
            Thanks in advance.

Right now your on an BB version for which there is no unlock. You’ll need to update your BB to an iPad’s BB to get your iP3GS unlocked. Follow this guide here: http://bit.ly/lccwoE
            You can skip the jailbreak and Install iPad BB directly w/o choosing any other options from Redsn0w.

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

I read on the document said that “ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w” What does that mean?

Its because Redsn0w requires you to be on stock IPSW to jailbreak your iPhone. Stock IPSWs upgrades your baseband. As you are iPhone 3GS user with iPad baseband, so you can not restore stock IPSW in any way. Just restore custom IPSW and unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. Restoring stock IPSW on iPhone 3GS with iPad bb will result in infinite recovery mode loop.

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

After installing a custom IPSW last time, my iphone is in recovery mode. To help my phone is out of that, I just selected the tether option in redsnow. Is that the reason why my phone is dead?

When your iPhone is in recovery mode, all you needed is to use TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) http://bit.ly/epkz3f which is still valid for iOS 4.3.3. I wonder why you used tethered boot option when you already know that Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 is well capable of jailbreaking all iDevices on iOS 4.3.3 untethered.

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

I had 16xx error when restoring custom 4.3.3 IPSW even though i ran IReb4. How can i fix it?

cvliew5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

Have you jailbroken your iphone with the latest redsn0w 0.9.6rc16? Seem like the side switch vibrate issue is not fix yet. After I restore my iphone 4 to 4.3.3 and jailbreak with latest redsn0w the problem still there? If yours is fine after jailbroken with latest redsn0w I might did something wrong somewhere :(

Nops, i used Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 instead of Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 and my side-switch is working fine.

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

My iphone is 3gs 4.3.1 baseband 05.16.01. i upgraded to 4.3.3 with baseband 05.16.02. redsnow 0.9.6RC16 does not work with this baseband, so i converted to ipad base band and did jailbreak.
    I plug in my t-mobile sim to my phone and i can make a call. everything is ok for half of hour then my phone automatically shut down. i tried to boot tethered by redsnow but i got stuck with “waiting for reboot”.
    Then, I also tried to hold home and reset button together, itune can recognize my iphone in restore mode.
    Now, my screen is black. last night, i tried to restore a version 3.1.2 by itune then the apple logo appears but after finishing restore process. my screen went black again.
    There is no way for me to reboot it. Could you please give me some advise to reboot my phone?

Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Hold down the Home+Power button until you see Apple logo. If you used Redsnow 0.9.6RC16 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on your iPhone, it should boot without using any tool like iBooty or Redsn0w itself. Now that you are on iPad baseband, you can only restore custom IPSWs (Keep this in mind) Restoring stock IPSW will result in infinite recovery mode loop.

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for your prompt response. My phone is totally dead and in black screen even if i hold home and sleep button for more than 2 mins. There is no Apple logo at all. The only way i can see apple logo is to restore custom/stock 3.1.2(try 4.2.1 does not display apple log) in Itune. if i unplug during the verifying process of restoring 3.1.2, i am stuck with apple logo. then,if i hold home and sleep buttons together again, it goes back to black screen.
        I successfully JB 2 days ago with 0.9.6RC15. I can make a phone call by t-mobile sim but it had worked for half an hour then phone shut down(i left it in my room and when i came back after 15-30 min. its screen is black) I thought i could boot tethered, but it failed at “waiting reboot”. :(

Dude, unplugging your iPhone while restoring firmware can damage your memory and can brick your iPhone. Do NOT do it again. Do not restore a stock IPSW either. Create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu or PwnageTool http://bit.ly/jMpbKR and restore it using iTunes. Before restoring, use these instructions http://bit.ly/mKemL0 to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU mode. If for some reason you are not interested in creating custom IPSW, get it here http://bit.ly/jsMzUW To restore any custom IPSW < iOS 4.3.3, you need SHSH blobs for that. So if you are planning to downgrade, use this guide http://bit.ly/kBIP4E

unguyen5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that. I got the custom 4.3.3 IPSW from the website you provided, next i ran IReb4 as the instruction, then launched itune and selected the custom 4.3.3. But i got 16xx error. I thought if I run IReb4 i can advoid 16xx error.
            The screen is black all the time. Do you think if JB can break my phone last time?

When the screen is black, it means your iPhone is in Pwned DFU mode. You just need to restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW using iTunes.

re115 years, 4 months ago

How to patch 4.3.3 using windows? i installed ios 4.3.3 using snowbreeze 2.7 and do not want to start all over again using snowbreeze 2.7.1.