Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1 [Direct Links]

As expected Apple has just released iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad 2/1st-Gen. For those who don't know, last month folks at O'Reilly discovered that Apple is storing the GPS coordinates of all cellular iDevices locally in an unencrypted file named consolidated.db. Apple in an official press release confirmed that it is not tracking the location of its users in any way and the info stored in consolidated.db is only used to help iPhone to calculate its current location more rapidly and accurately.

iOS 4.3.3 Released Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1 [Direct Links]
Apple also promised a new minor iOS release which will decrease the size of location database cache. Also the location database file will be no more copied to iTunes backup for privacy concerns. Below is an official changelog of iOS 4.3.3:

About iOS 4.3.3 Software Update:

This update contains changes to the iOS crowd-sourced location database cache including:

• Reduces the size of the cache
  • No longer backs the cache up to iTunes
  • Deletes the cache entirely when Location Services is turned off

SHA1 Hash » 1b208377ee0e74d8c20c56e943eeef5ddea5f5ee

iPod Touch 3G

File Name » iPod3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
File Size » 409.453868 MB
Build » Durango 8J2
SHA1 Hash » b67300ebdc32b1e55b7212b937a3d4df83463d20

UPDATE#1: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Windows & Mac with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 [How-To Guide]
UPDATE#2: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool Bundle [How-To Guide]
UPDATE#3: Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 Untethered on Verizon iPhone 4 [How to Guide]
UPDATE#4: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 & PwnageTool 4.3.3 for iOS 4.3.3 Untethered JB
UPDATE#5: Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 Using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 [How-To Guide]
UPDATE#6: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered on Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 [Tutorial]
UPDATE#7: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Windows & Mac Using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 [Tutorial]
UPDATE#8: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered on Mac OS X Using PwnageTool 4.3.3 [Tutorial]
UPDATE#9: Download TinyUmbrella to Save iOS 4.3.3 (iOS 4.2.8) SHSH Blobs
UPDATE#10: Download PwnageTool 4.3.3.1, Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 & Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1
UPDATE#11: Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 on Verizon iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool Bundle [How-To]
UPDATE#12: Download iOS 4.2.2 (Build 8F305) for Apple TV 2G
UPDATE#13: Jailbreak iOS 4.2.2 on Apple TV 2G Using PwnageTool Bundle [How-To Guide]
UPDATE#14: Unlock iPhone 3GS Baseband 05.16.01 & 05.16.02 on iOS 4.3.3 [How-To]
UPDATE#15: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) For iOS 4.3.3 to Exit Recovery Mode Loop
UPDATE#16: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 [Fixes PacMan Issues - File Size Decreased]

D.J.2 years ago

I have a 3GS running ios4.1 and want to upgrade to 4.3.3. I do have 4.3.3 saved in my shsh blobs. My dilemma is, all of the info out there seems to be over a year old. Can you tell me which S/W to run to accomplish this? Also, how do I build a custom ios4.3.3 IPSW ?

wkchoo3 years ago

could I just downgrade my ipad2 to 4.3.3. I recently upgraded to 4.3.4 without saving the shsh blob. could i just restore the image file

File Name » iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
    File Size » 614.788359 MB
    Build » Durango 8J2
    SHA1 Hash » e378037ce0689013bf7f4689dfbb162c3c4edd16

to downgrade my device.

Pramod3 years ago

Nope. Absolutely not possible w/o having the SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3 for your iPad2. Your restore would just error out at 3194 error code.

braynt3 years, 1 month ago

i can ask something there mr ”pramod” i cant seem to find a way to upgrade my iso4.3 to 4.3.3.. ive been searchin every and i cant find anythin.. can you please help me how to upgrade it by now? because the itunes says the available upgrade is 4.3.5… how can i upgrade it only to 4.3.3 cuz i want to jailbreak my iphone 4 fully.. please help me… asap :/

You can update to iOS 4.3.3 only if you have an SHSH saved for your device / iOS. ONLY then can you restore to any version other than the one that Apple’s pushing out. Check for any saved SHSH that you may have for iOS 4.3.3 either by Cydia (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW) / TU (http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1).

Mike3 years, 2 months ago

I used to update my iphone 3gs to version 4.3.3 using snowbreeze v2.7.3 using custom firmware it was ok. but i get problem battery run out fast ( about 50% for 12 hours) even i don’t use much. so i decided downgrade version 4.1 ( before i upgrade from this version too), i still get same problem ( battery) . now i want upgrade back to 4.3.3 and get error 3194 even i do same process as before. I checked host file all ok and used ierb to put phone in DFU. please help how to upgrade back to 4.3.3 successful. Thanks a lot. by the way if you know to fix battery problem???

Did you have any SHSH saved for that device/iOS via Cydia or TU for iOS 4.3.3. If you getting an error 3194 inspite of editing your hosts file, it means that you simply did not have any saved. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX first to check for any saved SHSH for your device. To resolve or atleast minimize the battery issues, read this as well http://bit.ly/mootZv. There isn’t anyway to completely resolve this because the iPad BB is meant to be run on an iPad & not on an iPhone. So these are some unavoidable issues of 06.15.00.

sigsrus3 years, 2 months ago

for all of you that are getting the IPSW files downloaded as a zip file it is because you are using either firefox or IE try downloading it in safari it will then allow you to keep the files as a IPSW instead of a zip file

shiv3 years, 2 months ago

I have rename the folder with ispw extension but still showing as zip, can’t even see when opned through redsnow. please help spent hours on this …really frustated now

This issue has already been resolved here within the same post. Please read my previous comments before posting.

Konstantin3 years, 2 months ago

Jerry…

I had the SAME problem as you!

Just install Google Chrome, then download your “custom cooked IPSW”! The problem rests with Windows Explorer that automatically assigns the “zip” extension to those files!!!

Konstantin

Jerry3 years, 2 months ago

The file is a zip file when down loaded = how do I get the .ipsw file?

Do I just rename it?

Yes, rename the extension alone to .ipsw.

anothernoob3 years, 3 months ago

hello well i am trying to restore my iphone4 and i did everything step by step
    right when it’s almost done restoring it goes back to the recovery mode and shows me a error (1013)

You need to always use a custom cooked IPSW to restore your iPhone & not using Apple’s stock IPSW. You can never get a successful restore if you use the stock IPSW. Use Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool to create one & restore to that instead.

Pramod,

Thanks for giving me the link to find the iOS versions. Mine is
    “SHSH: iOS 4.3.3. 4.3.4 4.3.5″ Somehow, I was NOT expecting to see 4.3.4 4.3.5. Does this mean, that it’s safe to:
    1) Reinstall the downloaded “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw”
    QUESTION: Isn’t my copy of “Cydia” going to disappear? How do I
    get it back?
    2) Expand the downloaded “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15.zip”
    3) Run “redsn0w.exe”
    NOTE: There is a “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16.zip” version, which one should
    I use?
    3) Install “FuriousMod”
    4) Place the Gevey Ultra and follow the “ApplenBerry” YouTube instructions

Moreover, you wrote and I quote: “…uninstall Ultrasn0w from Cydia just like how you would uninstall any other app/tweak.” Do I uninstall, through “Manage”, “Sources”, “Edit” and tapping the “(-)” red button on the left?!?!??? Then I restart the iPhone and proceed with two steps listed above

Yes, you can restore your iP4 to iOS 4.3.3 only by using a custom IPSW. Yes, everything including Cydia & any other data you may have will get wiped off your iP4, so make sure you back them up as well.
      You have already jailbroken your device, so you need not re-jailbreak your iP4 again. This will not do any good.
      NO, you need to first search for FuriousMod in Cydia and then hit the Modify button on the top right and then choose Uninstall.

Sasank3 years, 3 months ago

my iphone is unlocked using ultrasnow1.2.3. Keeps throwing no service often. SIM working fine. problem with other SIM also. Signal strength -113, Model MC135LL. need help

Definitely an issue with your carrier’s signal strength/3G signals in your locality. Make sure that this is not the case when you have inserted a different SIM from another carrier as well.

Pramod,

Before I remove Ultrasn0w, I want to see the version of iOS SHSH Cydia, with the intention of utilizing “TinyUmbrella” in order to save my SHSH blob. However, I cannot find the “Advanced” menu, let alone “Request SHSH from Cydia” The only thing I see is under “User Guides” –> “OpenSSH Access How-To” but this only allows me to connect to the iPhone remotely. I checked under “Cydia”, “Sections”, Changes”, “Manage”, “Search”

PS. I just saw that I have Cydia 1.1.1 Is that a recent update?

The versions of iOS listed here http://bit.ly/p07pX2 on Cydia’s homepage are the versions for which you have an SHSH saved. TU will not save anything extra apart from what you see here. Also Tiny Umbrella is a PC utility and not something that you can find on Cydia.

stanley3 years, 3 months ago

What is the right iOS for ipad baseband 06.15.00?
    I upgraded the baseband for my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 from 05.16.02 to 06.15.00. After connecting to itunes my SCREEN WENT BLANK AND NOW I cannot restore it. Soomeone please help

There isn’t anything called a right iOS for the iPad BB. You can only restore if you have an SHSH blob saved for your device. Use TinyUmbrella to find out which versions of the iOS SHSH Cydia has in store for you. Make sure that you enable the Request SHSH from Cydia option from its Advanced menu. If you have any listed, you then have a chance to downgrade.

hannah3 years, 3 months ago

Hi, i have downloaded sn0wbreeze 2.7 and have only been able to get to the 2nd step where it asks for the ipsw file and it says that the ipsw is not valid? PLEASE HELP IM SO LOST!

hannah

You need to point it to an iOS 4.3.3 IPSW ONLY. Also, use the latest version of SB which is on 2.7.3.

OK,

When you say “Uninstall Gevey” do you mean remove it from the phone? My previous messages for the phone not working were with the Ultra and the furiousMod. Later I uninstalled it. When I tried to reinstall it I got the following:
    QUICK QUESTION: I’m aware of the ultrasn0w 1.2.3 does not support iPhone 4 iOS:4.3.3 with baseband 04.10.01 However, before I knew that, I uninstalled furiousMod and when I try to reinstall it I get the following errors:
    x Bad URL
    x Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
    ! Failed to fetch
    http://cydia.furiousMod.com/./Release.gpg Bad URL
    ! Failed to fetch
    http://cydia.furiousMod.com/./Packages.bz2 Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
    x Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Well, I deleted furiousMod.com again and restarted the phone… I hope this will remove it completely; however, I saw no “uninstall” steps going through the screen. Does this mean the installation and its problems are still in the phone?

My bad, you need to uninstall Ultrasn0w from Cydia just like how you would uninstall any other app/tweak. Uninstall it first and then reboot your iP4 & install FuriousMod .
      You are already aware that Ultrasn0w is of no good to you, so uninstall it directly from Cydia.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

I found out WHY the GEVEY Ultra does NOT work on my phone!

According to a website (I don’t know if I’m allowed to paste the link) ultrasn0w 1.2.3 is NOT compatible to my 04.10.01 baseband…

Of course ultrasn0w 1.3 has not come out or it’s in Beta so I’m stuck… Don’t even know whether the GEVEY Ultra will work once it comes out… So my iP4 is a glorified iPod and the only calls I can make are through Skype!

Yes, its true that Ultrasn0w does not work with the 04.10.xx or as a matter of fact any BB of the iP4 except the 01.59.00. If you have installed Ultrasn0w on your iPhone, then this definitely could be the issue. Uninstall Ultrasn0w, install FuriousMod and use your Ultra.

OK…

Since I have been dealing with iP4s for about 10 days now, I have # questions:
    1) I have been reading through the web that the GEVEY Ultra works with RedSn0w;

2) However, the phone (I got had a jailbreak by the previous owner) under “Cydia” –> “Sources” –> “repo666.ultrasn0w.com” –> “ultrasno0w” Ver. 1.2.3, but when I go there there is an “Install” button. I would assume that the guy would have ALREADY installed the package; so why does it still state “Install”?

3) The properties for “ultrasno0w” Ver. 1.2.3 states “iPhone Dev Team’s iPhone 4… software unlock, now with added PwnApple. Compatible with iPhone 4 baseband 01.59.00…”
    NOTE: From what I have been reading the term “baseband” translates
    to “Modem Firmware” Mine is “04.10.01.

Is his “ultrasn0w” the wrong package downloaded (I assume NOT installed)
    NOW on the “Dev-Team Blog” it states that “ultrasn0w” unlockers must stay away from “redsn0w”… It also states that ultrasn0w has a 1.2.3 update for iOS 4.3.3
    Under Cydia —> Sources there is “BigBoss,” “instanelyi Repository,” “ModMyi.com,” “repo666ultrasn0w.com,” “Telesphoreo Tangelo,” and “ZodTTD & MacCiti” Could these cause problems?

IF YOU HAD MY PHONE WHAT STEPS WOULD YOU FIRST TAKE? I really don’t know what to do!

1. Yes, Gevey Ultra does work and infact needs Redsn0w to JB your device so that you can use FuriousMod.
      2. Ultrasn0w is only for those BB versions that can be unlocked. Yours is not the case and so its not installed.
      3. Yes, that confirms your BB is unsupported by ultrasn0w & hence you shouldn’t install it.

What’s written on the Dev-Team’s blog doesn’t apply to you since you do not rely on a s/w unlock (Ultrasn0w).
      Follow this guide http://bit.ly/jiao34 to learn how to get your Gevey Ultra working.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

Mmmm… OK, I’ll reinstall furiousMod once again and will try it again every six hours or so for the next couple of days… By the way, what do you mean “repo is down”? Sorry, I’m not up to iP4 terminology!

PS. I even tried the solution of another person communicating with you who had problems with the updated furiousMod 1.1.0 by removing the SIM out and inserting it back again and repeating the above things a couple of times but nothing. I also tried turning on and off the airplane mode, but the moment it turns on, it states “Locked SIM” It’s behaving as if there is no GEVEY Ultra card inside at all… By the way, do you have a lot of aggravating cases such as mine?

Nope. Seems more likely to be an issue with FuriousMod itself & not the Ultra.
      I meant that the repository/source from where your downloading FuriousMod might actually be undergoing some kind of server maintenance or something due to which your not able to successfully download them though they are on the exact address.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

UPDATE:

I uninstalled FuriousMod and after going through the uninstall motions, it gave me the “Restart Springboard” prompt, but then it flashed “Refreshing Data” with the following info.:
    =======================================================
    ! Failed to fetch
    http://cydia.furiousMod.com/./Release.gpg Bad URL
    ! Failed to fetch
    http://cydia.furiousMod.com/./Packages.bz2 Sub-
    process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
    X Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

RETURN TO CYDIA
    =======================================================
    Anyone seen that?!?!???

Seems like the repo is down. You might want to retry after a few hours.

Legonro3 years, 3 months ago

@BaDz Yes, there is. go to http://www.jailbreakme.com// It is now available for the iPad 2 and the iOS firmware 4.3.3. Hope I helped c:

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

UPDATE: Well, the seller contacted me and told me that the phone is already jailbroken, (that’s why Cydia was installed in the first place) so I went to Cydia and downloaded “FuriousMod.com”

The download (have NOT installed it yet) was successful, but STRANGELY instead of the typical “mod” icon as it appears on the “applenberry” youtube embedded clip, I have an icon with a question mark “?”

ANY IDEAS ABOUT THAT?!?!???

It doesn’t really matter. Its all the same if your downloading it from the official repo address which Applenberry suggests. Icons have nothing to do with any of this.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

OK. Finally, when I click on the “Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7 for Windows” link, I get “sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3.zip”

Since I’m going to use the “GEVEY Ultra” SIM card receptor, do I still use the “sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3″ I just downloaded? Isn’t the “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15″ supposed to work with the GEVEY Ultra SIM?

What’s the difference between “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15″ vs. “sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3″?
    I presume your answer would be that the “restores” (is what Cydia has done with the “SHSH iOS 4.3.3??) will not work on the GEVEY Ultra with “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15″ but with “sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3″.
    UNLESS “sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3″ does not need a GEVEY Ultra card…

If your using the Gevey Ultra, you should be knowing that a jailbreak is a must if you want to use the auto 112 dialing via FuriousMod. So yes, you still might want to use Sn0wBreeze for your restore though it’ll preserve your BB for absolutely no reason. RS & SB are totally 2 different s/w. One is for preserving your BB & the other is just for the JB/unlock w/o the BB preservation mode. In your current situation, Sn0wB is what I suggest you use.

I Followed the “http://bit.ly/mbFORU” guide, and I have three questions:

1. It asks me to download “iTunes 10.2.2″ for Windows; however, I have a more recent version “iTunes 10.3.1.55″ for Windows” Should I uninstall the newer version and install the older one?!?!???

2. That custom IPSW has exactly the same file-size as the one I managed to download a few days ago. (Under DOS Command Prompt I got 698,558,606 bytes – SAME FILE Under Windows Explorer gives 682,187KB) for the “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw” file.
    STRANGELY THE SITE’S INSTRUCTIONS GIVE A bizzare file size of: “666.197401 MB”
    Anyway, I’ll use the one you recommended

3. You instructed me to download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3; however, on those instructions it has:
    “Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7 for Windows”
    “UPDATE#2: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 [Fixes PacMan Issues - File Size Decreased]”
    QUESTION FOR YOU: Since I have a WINDOWS machine, is “Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3″ compatible with Windows, since on the instructions it seems there is a link “Sn0wbreeze 2.7 for Windows”

Thanks,
    K.

1. Yes, the latest version of iTunes is jailbreak safe. So, you can go ahead and use to for your restores.
      2. 666MB is the file size that you see in the IPSW’s properties.
      3. All Sn0wBreeze versions are meant to run on the Windows OS. It is an alternative to Pwnage Tool on Windows. So yes, it’ll run on your Win machine & the updated version is all what you need to get started with. Just follow the same instructions. Its all the same.

Well, I launched Cydia and on the top it states “SHSH:iOS 4.3.3″

OK, now that I’m “lucky,” does this mean those steps are h o p e f u l l y still valid? You mentioned that Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 4.3.3, but since Cydia on my iP4 shows “SHSH iOS 4.3.3″ on the top, does this mean that the steps are OK?!?!??? (Or I have to start scrounging all over the place for other instructions?)

If they are OK, can I do the unlock through a Windows XP Pro SP/3 PC, or I have to find someone with an MacBook?

Yes, they are fine. But your restores will not work. So instead, create a custom IPSW for iOS 4.3.3 and restore to that. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/mbFORU. Make sure that you download the latest version of Sn0wBreeze which is 2.7.3. Links are in the post below.

Pramod hi,

I FINALLY figured out the iP4 icon deletion issue. Idiotically, as I was trying to figure out the phone, I went through “Settings” – “Restrictions” and I went ahead and under the “Disable Restrictions” headings, I turned off “Deleting Apps” Once this is turned back on, the issue is resolved. I saw lots of users on different iPhone chat sites experiencing this issue, so, I’ll post my “fix” just in case it helps somebody!

By the way, are those “steps” I enumerated few days ago accurate?

Thanks AGAIN for all your help but especially your PATIENCE!
    Konstantin

They will work no more because Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 4.3.3. You need to have saved your SHSH for iOS 4.3.3.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

I’m sorry, as I’m completely in the dark about SHSH blobs and iOS/BB details (I read about them now and it confused me even more) The only information I could glean was “Carrier 10.0/IMEI 01 253400 177770 9/Version 4.3.3.(8J2)/Modem Firmware 04.10.01″

I have NOT installed anything from Cydia; however, a Cydia application was installed by the Ebay seller (sold it as unlocked – tethered with a GEVEY sim) and I idiotically, decided to untether it, based on web advertizing of buying a GEVEY Ultra, downloading
    “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw” and a “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15″ folder with a “redsn0w” executable, few other text files, and a shortcut file called “boot-ipt4g”. I was given those set of instructions and told it would work.

Since there is no way of fixing the existing problems, could I run the “Restore” according to the first set of instructions by using the downloaded “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw” file? Would that bring the iPhone back to its original settings? <–is that the equivalent of partitioning a hard drive and reinstalling Windows on a PC?
    QUESTION: IS IT SAFE TO DO THAT WITH A WINDOWS XP PC?

God I'm lost!!! I'll welcome ANY help from anywhere, and again thank you Pramod!

When you fire up Cydia, on the top of its homepage, you should see a list of iOS versions. Does anyone of them read iOS 4.3.3? If yes, you are in luck.

Pramod hi,

I do not know much about iPhones, especially about tweaking them with 3rd party apps. When I got the phone it already had Cydia preinstalled, and the “x” only appeared once.
    I did not do anything else to it, other than downloading “TomTom USA/Canada,” “Chess Free”, Metal Storm (including an update)” “Hangman,”
    “TicTacFree,” and “BT Gansta” in that approximate order. Then, except
    “TomTom,” I moved all these under the “Games” folder. That’s all I did! Would that cause any problems? If there IS a tweak somewhere, is there any way of somehow “discovering” it and then disabling it?!?!???
    Now add Bluetooth problems (I’M GIVING UP ON THAT ONE!) as I no longer have the choice of making it undiscoverable, OTHER than the first time I set it to “Now Discoverable” and that option disappeared… All other phones always have the option to make it “undiscoverable” while the bluetooth is on… A truly bizzare phone!!!

Its impossible to tell what could be causing this issue w/o actually seeing your iPhone. Skim through your iPhone’s Settings to see if some Cydia tweak you think might have caused this issue. Tell me one thing, these apps that your trying to uninstall, are they from Cydia? Have you downloaded them from Cydia?
      Seems like your running into alot of issues with your iPhone. I suggest you to do a completely fresh restore of your iPhone. That will definitely sort out every issue that you may have on your iPhone including your BT.
      Also, I read your next comment as well wherein you have stated steps of update. Do you have your SHSH blobs saved for your iOS 4.3.3? Also, can you explain your current iP4 iOS/BB details?

I GOT ONE ISSUE AND ONE QUESTION:

ISSUE: I think I have a problem deleting applications from the
    iPhone 4. I press and hold the icon for a few seconds,
    and all icons start “wiggling” but NO “X” appears on
    the icon… ANY IDEAS?!?!???

QUESTION: How to I create a folder in the iPhone 4 so I can group
    all the applications together (example, a “GPS” folder,
    where I can group different TomTom maps (USA, Europe, etc.)

Thanks,
    Konstantin

To create folders, drag and drop one app over the other. That will put them in folders which you can rename as well.
      Are you by any chance running some kinda tweak that has made the uninstallation of apps not possible? Make sure you haven’t.

yo783 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I tried to jailbreak ipad2 version 4.3.3. (iPad2,3_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw) with redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 and everytime the soft says Unable to recognize IPSW.? same for sn0wbreese 2.7.3. Any idea? Cydia crashes everytime but worked fine the first time, I installed installous and downloaded some cracked software. But after that Cydia would not open anymore. I tried to delete Cydia with iphoneExplorer, rebooted the ipad 2 and installed again Cydia but got the same problem. I can not use Restore because otherwise I will have to install IOS 4.3.4.
    any help please, thanks.

Redsn0w/Sn0wB/PwnageT simply does not support an untethered JB for the iPad2. Only JailbreakMe3.0 does and that too only for the iOS 4.3.3 and below.

Please!

Don’t mention it! We are all up against the peculiarities of iPhone unlock procedures. That’s how we solve problems, helping each-other out!!! If you don’t mind, once I receive my GEVEY Ultra card, I’ll contact you guys again.

By the way, Once I receive my GEVEY card, I was planning to run the “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15″ applet? Is this safe and effective? This is what I saw in some web-based instructions. However, it seems there are others out there! Could you please let me know? (Thanks!)

By the way, did you managed to jailbreak/untether your iPhone 4 of yours?

Looks like you have typed this comment under the wrong topic which is not what you intended to do.
      Absolutely, go ahead and download the latest Redsn0w RC18 from here http://bit.ly/lMeWpa. This will get you jailbroken up until iOS 4.3.3.

Devi3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your support! I really appreciate this…
    Used the mozilla browser and that solved the problem :)

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

I’ll DEFINITELY follow your advice! I can’t thank you enough—even if I’m not done with it; once I receive the Gevey Ultra, I’ll follow your lead and see where it gets me! Again! I really APPRECIATE this!!!!!

FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

Pramod was right; it’s the zip/unzip utility. In I.E. the unzip is apparently embedded in the I.E.(Ver. 8) so you won’t be able to uninstall it. I downloaded Google Chrome and went to the site Pramod forwarded to us and I managed to download “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore (1).ipsw” Of course, I deleted the “(1)” and voila!!!! It worked! (well, I haven’t tried to run it; I’m still awaiting for the GEVEY ULtra SIM.
    QUESTION: Tried to access “http://furiousmod.com/cydia/” through BOTH “I.E.” and “Google Chrome,” and I get the message “404 (Page Not Found) Error” My question is that once the phone gets jailbroken, would that address on the iPhone somehow appear?!?!??? How do you get “furiousmod?”

Thanks,
    Konstantin

PS. Thanks Pramod, (and Devi) for providing solutions…

Yep, i have just completed replying to Devi about a fix for this, you may have a read here. It is indeed downloading IPSW files using IE that’s causing all this. Using a different browser to download them solves the issue.
      FuriousMod is to be accessed from Cydia’s Sources which comes only after jailbreaking. FuriousMod is meant to be installed on the iPhone and is not something that can be downloaded onto your PC for use with the Gevey Ultra. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/jiao34 to read more about the installation of the Gevey Ultra.

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

By the way Pramod, regardless whether this infernal thing will work, or not; I REALLY-REALLY-REALLY appreciate your help with this!

(neglected to mention that I went to that Apple site and again, the download link appears as “zip”, but again Devi already mentioned that!)

Devi3 years, 3 months ago

okay, removed winzip as you said and downloading the firmware again, (your link) but it stil says .zip and the format below is now ‘gecomprimeerde map’ (dutch) instead of winzip…

is that okay? I thought it should be apple device software or something like that

Yep, I was able to successfully replicate the issue that you & Konstantin were facing for so long. Sorry I was late. The issues is caused by IE itself when it tries to download files with the .IPSW extension.What you need to do is goto your PC, open up the Folder Options (the place where you hide/unhide files & folders) from the menu bar by pressing the Alt key once (since is hidden in Win7), Choose View and untick the Hide Extensions for known File Types option. Hit Apply, go back to your .zip downloaded file and now rename the extension of the file alone from .zip to .ipsw. Your good to go now.
      A much simpler method to resolve this issue is by using Mozilla FF to download your IPSW’s. :D

Darn…

I went to uninstall programs, and I saw no type of a zip/unzip utility to uninstall. I clicked on “Properties” on that zip file and under “Opens with:” it lists “Compressed (Zipped) Folder” However, I cannot uninstall it because it does not appear under “Add/Remove Programs” (I presume this at one point came as a component of those Microsoft Update patches…)

As a measure of desperation, I changed the “Opens with:” with Notepad (a plain ASCII editor – so hopefully, the original extension would stay… No luck, as the “zip” extension stayed, regardless what program I assosiate it with.

I wonder whether if ANY PC owner out there has managed to successfully download this “ipsw” file…

devi3 years, 3 months ago

okay will try that, I’ve used your link, so it should be the right one

devi3 years, 3 months ago

I have the exact same problem as konstantin…
    When i rename the .zip into .ipsw nothing happens, it still is a zip file…
    when i open the zip file is does contain these karchel file etc…so the zip file should be a ipsw file, read all these posts and tried to change it trough properties and everything but it will still say zip file…

I really don’t know what to do anymore.. I have windows vista using snowbreeze
    I hope you could help me

Uninstall the application that you use to unzip other zip files. It should work just fine after that Make sure that your downloading the IPSW files from Apple’s direct links.

Pramod hi,
    First of all I really appreciate you replying back to me! I have a PC with XP Pro. SP/3 with I.E. Ver. 8.0. I followed your advice & went under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced but I could not find anything related to “auto-extract option.”

However, my computer DOES NOT extract the “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.zip” file. That is what I get from the site. IF I MERELY RENAME THE EXTENSION FROM “zip” to “ipsw” will that work? (I doubt it) F.Y.I this zip file’s size is 682,187K. What’s the “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw” file size? Do I have to download Safari (if “yes” what version?), to get that “ipsw” extension?

By the way, my iPhone already has 4.3.3 installed! I’m a PC person and the entire Apple concept seems totally ALIEN and incomprehensible to me! :-(

Download from this direct link that I’m giving you and tell me how it goes using your IE. Download iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore. This should work just fine for you & the file must get downloaded in the.IPSW extension.

Nina3 years, 3 months ago

It worked, thanks very much for your help.
    best
    Nina

Konstantin3 years, 3 months ago

Nina, I also have your “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.zip” issue. I did rename it to “iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw” and on the properties now it shows Apple Device Software Update File. HOWEVER… I opened a text file and typed some gibberish, went ahead and renamed the “JUNK.TXT” to “JUNK.ipsw” and I got the same result. I’ll take your word and Pramod’s recommendation and HOPE I won’t end up with an iPhone 4 as a doorstopper….

Thanks,
      Konstantin

Disable any auto-extract option that you might have enabled somewhere within your browser & re download the IPSW file once again. .IPSW is infact an extension for the Apple Device S/w Update files.

Nina3 years, 4 months ago

Hello,
    I downloaded iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore and unzipped it. But there is no file with IPSW extension. When i ran redsn0w, it cannot find the firmware with IPSW extention and I get an error message.
    Please help.
    thanks

Your not supposed to unzip the files. You need to rename the zip file with a .ipsw extension.

Nina3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your quick response.

I renamed the the whole iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore zip directory as iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw. But when I ran the restore in itunes and tried to click on this directory, it didn’t recognize this directory as a IPSW file. Please help, I spent hours on this, I still get go beyond this step.
        Thanks a lot
        Nina

You shouldn’t allow your .zip file to get decompressed if your using Safari as it looses its original hash value checksum. Re-download the same IPSW, but this time make sure your browser doesn’t auto-extract your zip file. Make sure you disable any such options available to you.

BaDz3 years, 4 months ago

is there already any untethered jailbreak for ipad 2?

No, its not there yet. Not even a tethered JB. Recent activities of Comex does suggest that an untethered solution will be out pretty soon.

BaDz3 years, 4 months ago

I would like to ask how can i check if my iphone 4 is verizon or gsm?

Simple !!
      If you have a SIM card slot on the right handside of your iP4, its GSM.
      If not, its a Verizon iP4.

rhfritz3 years, 4 months ago

I have been trying to use redsnow to change from IOS4.3.1/Baseband 05.16.02 to ipad baseband so I can unlock. The jailbrake works. But whenever I select the ipad baseband checkbox, when it gets to the part where redsnow says something like “getting baseband, be patient”, redsnow crashes within a minute or so. I’m running redsnow rc16 under win7, have set processor affinity, and xp sp2 compatibility. I’ve also tried runas admin and countless other recommendations. I was going to try again with this thread and IOS4.3.3 ipsw. Any other comments/recommendations?

You should not choose both Install Cydia & Install iPad BB options at the same time. This causes Redsn0w to crash right after the fetch. Choose only one at a time. Follow my lead:

1. Run Redsn0w first with the Install iPad BB option ONLY.
      2. Re-run Redsn0w, but this time choose Install Cydia along with any other option of your choice EXCEPT the Install iPad BB option.
      3. Voila !! Everything works well.

Dbrando3 years, 4 months ago

I tried many times to upgrade my Ipad 1 to iOS 4.3.3 but I’m receiving Error 3194. Any help? what can I do?

Make sure you remove any instances of Cydia server address from the Hosts file on your computer. This error occurs when iTunes is not able to get the SHSH for the build your requesting for update. Allow gs.apple.com to connect to its original IP address via iTunes by cleaning the hosts file. Once done, give it a try. Good Luck. :)

dion3 years, 5 months ago

hi, i’m really confused, everytime i try to download the iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw it always comes up a a “zip” file.

how do i make it so it opens in the ipsw file instead with redsn0w ?

That’s fine. Just rename the “.zip” extension to “.ipsw” and your good to go. :)

Extract ZIP file. If it contains .IPSW then restore it and if it contains (kernelcache etc) other files, simply rename the .ZIP file to .IPSW

darren3 years, 4 months ago

hiimines is extracted what file do i click help me please

You should be getting a file with the extension .IPSW. If in case you have gotten a .zip file, rename it to .ipsw instead.

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

I have downloaded iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore zip from this page. but which is not included iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore ipsw file, can u tell me what is the reason?

This page will never make you download ANY zip file. All links are of IPSW files. Sometimes, your WinZip or WinRAR is configured to open IPSW files by default, so people confuse that they have downloaded a ZIP file.

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

i have already downloaded a winzip file, please explain what i need to do the next?

There is no need to download WinZip. Just right-click on the file you downloaded and choose Properties. You can see the file extension in-front of Type of file: field http://i.imgur.com/yhVB4.png

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

i have completed upto step 13, then automatically the window is going close, i think limera1 is not going on process, please explain why, now my iphone is dead. please help!!!!!!!!!

Step 13? If you mean in this guide http://bit.ly/jF037W then follow this guide http://bit.ly/grQtBl to set CPU affinity to 1 and run Redsn0w as an administrator in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode.

joshy3 years, 5 months ago

yes boss, i got stuck in step 13, means while downloading ipad baseband files redsnow stopped working. i am using windows 7 platform and i run rednow as administrator.then i tried to set process affinity, but it says unable to access or set process affinity, any other solution please?

There is no other solution except you use some other PC around you. To change CPU affinity, you must be logged in as an administrator. Ahh! Yes, i almost forgot, you can Sn0wbreeze 2.7 as well http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu