Once your iPhone, iPod Touch or 1st-Gen iPad is jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w or PwnageTool, you can install cracked iPhone apps on your iDevice through Installous. To sync these cracked iPhone apps with iTunes, you must install AppSync on your iDevice. Failing to install AppSync will remove all cracked iOS apps from your iDevice whenever you will sync it with iTunes. Also without AppSync, Installous will throw Invalid IPA: Installation Failed error.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download AppSync from: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013)
Steps to Install AppSync for iOS 4.3.3 Through Cydia:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom
- Tap on the Sources section to view your current Cydia repositories.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right corner and then tap on Add button on the top-left corner of Cydia.
- Enter http://cydia.hackulo.us as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Return to Cydia button to view Hackulous repo.
- Tap on the Search tab at the bottom. Type AppSync in the search field and hit Search button.
- Select AppSync 4.0+ from the search results and tap on the Install button on the top-right.
- Now wait while Cydia installs AppSync on your iDevice. Once installed tap on Return to Cydia button and install Installous from Hackulous repo.
NOTE: If for some reason you are unable to add Hackulous repo to Cydia, you can still install AppSync for 4.0+ offline by using AppSync DEB file. Just download AppSync for 4.0+ DEB file from here and follow this guide to install it with or without SSH access.