This guide is for those who have got their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad stuck in recovery mode loop and they don't know how to get their SHSH blobs from Cydia using TinyUmbrella. To save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, all you need is a ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) which is a 16-digit HEX number unique to every Apple iDevice. Once you got hold of your ECID, you can create a custom iDevice in TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs locally from Cydia.
Get ECID of iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on Windows:
- Put your iDevice in recovery mode by using the following instructions:
- Turn OFF your iDevice completely.
- While holding the Home button, plug the USB cable into your iDevice.
- Do not release the Home button until you see iTunes logo on your iDevice screen.
Get ECID of iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on Mac:
- Click to select About This Mac from the Apple menu at the top left of your screen.
- Click on the More Info... button.
- System Profiler will open. Choose USB from the Hardware menu at the left.
- Choose Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode) from the USB Device tree in the top right panel.
- Copy your ECID from the Serial Number field.
Save SHSH Blobs Using TinyUmbrella:
- Download TinyUmbrella for Windows or Mac OS X from here
- Go to Advanced tab and make sure Request SHSH From Cydia option is checked.
- Now go to the General tab and click on Manual ECID button. Enter your Display Name, ECID and select your iDevice model. Once done, click on Create Custom Device button.
- Choose your iDevice under Custom Devices from the side-panel and click on Save SHSH button.
- Once your SHSH blobs are saved, click on Start TSS Server button and restore stock or custom firmware using iTunes. [Thanks to Pramod]
You may also like to read:
- Download RecBoot to Fix iTunes 1015 Restore Error
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad