How to Save SHSH Blobs When iPhone is Stuck In Recovery Mode Loop?

This guide is for those who have got their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad stuck in recovery mode loop and they don't know how to get their SHSH blobs from Cydia using TinyUmbrella. To save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, all you need is a ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) which is a 16-digit HEX number unique to every Apple iDevice. Once you got hold of your ECID, you can create a custom iDevice in TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs locally from Cydia.

SHSH Blobs Logo

Get ECID of iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on Windows:

1. Put your iDevice in recovery mode by using the following instructions:
    • Turn OFF your iDevice completely.
    • While holding the Home button, plug the USB cable into your iDevice.
    • Do not release the Home button until you see iTunes logo on your iDevice screen.
  2. Download USBView from here.
  3. Launch USBView and make sure Show Config Descriptors option is checked under Options menu.
  4. Go to File menu and choose Refresh.
  5. Find Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB Driver option in the left-panel. On the right panel, you can see your ECID in the descriptor fields.
  6. Find ECID in Windows

Get ECID of iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on Mac:

1. Click to select About This Mac from the Apple menu at the top left of your screen.
  2. About This Mac

3. Click on the More Info... button.
  4. Mac More Info

5. System Profiler will open. Choose USB from the Hardware menu at the left.
  6. Choose Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode) from the USB Device tree in the top right panel.
  7. Find ECID on Mac OS X

8. Copy your ECID from the Serial Number field.

Save SHSH Blobs Using TinyUmbrella:

1. Download TinyUmbrella for Windows or Mac OS X from here
  2. Go to Advanced tab and make sure Request SHSH From Cydia option is checked.
  3. Request SHSH From Cydia

4. Now go to the General tab and click on Manual ECID button. Enter your Display Name, ECID and select your iDevice model. Once done, click on Create Custom Device button.
  5. Manual ECID Entry

6. Choose your iDevice under Custom Devices from the side-panel and click on Save SHSH button.
  7. TinyUmbrella (SHSH Blobs Saved)

8. Once your SHSH blobs are saved, click on Start TSS Server button and restore stock or custom firmware using iTunes. [Thanks to Pramod]

You may also like to read:

David3 years, 3 months ago

Updated USBView link here: http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=222633&t=5&i=1

Sarah Knox-Greenberg4 years, 1 month ago

How do I use that to restore my Iphone?

ossietim4 years, 9 months ago

Just an uptade;

I found on the left column ANOTHER “custom device”-it seems this is the iphone because it says “connected”

but it has no SHSH displayed.

Device model:invalid

It has a ECID (hex)29291185 and a ECID(dec) 1BEF56D ??

ossietim4 years, 9 months ago

Hi so far i am ok until i get to the last bit .I press save SHSH and the green bar goes across and says “this device not connected”

Also in the restore your device section it says “tiny umbrella’s TSS sever is not running”

robertw4774 years, 9 months ago

No luck for me. I am still stuck with 4.535 and baseball 5.16. in recovery mode. Nothing works for me. If I could only update to 5.01 I would even be happy. Spent many hours so far. I should I saved SHSH blobs. If they did I dont know to restore them. Not even sure if that worked although it shows in tinyumbrella.

robertw4774 years, 9 months ago

I have tried everything. I have 4.3.5 and 5.16 baseband. I am willing to even let apple update to 5.01 and use a tethered jailbreak. While trying to jailbreak/unlock the other day something must have gone wrong. I had the 6000 ms error and all I get in Itunes is 3194 errors and such. I have no idea what to do. I tried everything here as well. A few days ago I thought I saved SHSH blobs using tiny umbrella. I dont know how to restore from theat if I did it correctly that is. It does show in Tiny Umbrella something (SHSH)saved in the General tab. I would appreciate any other suggestions. Going crazy from this!

Mohamad Ibn Osama4 years, 10 months ago

Man, Thanks so much, I tried to use Tiny Umbrella for more than 15 hours with no use, It couldn’t recognize my iphone, until I saw your post about adding it manually after getting the data from the UVCView, then it could save the SHSH and I could restore my iphone having not annoying 3194 Error message, really appreciated. Thanks !!

Alice4 years, 10 months ago

Thank you so much!!!

Roy4 years, 10 months ago

:s after all 10x for your help

Roy4 years, 10 months ago

So what can i do tiny umbrella is not saving …and i dont want to restore to ios 5:s

There’s nothing more that can be done other than to restore your device to a fresh install of the latest iOS.

ROY4 years, 10 months ago

RECOVERING

Nope, Redsn0w will not be able to save an SHSH if your in a recovery loop.

ROY4 years, 10 months ago

redsnow refused to save blobs ……..:s

Are you running a tethered JB?

Roy4 years, 10 months ago

Hi my brother have reset his 3gs (3.1.3) and know stuck on apple logo ive tried hard to save blobs and the custom device that ive made still putting device not connected when im saving plzzz help do i use an older version off tiny umbrella or to borow a mac from a friend and try to use it

Have you tried entering in your ECID & then running TU by setting its Settings to http://bit.ly/qqFuve ? Also, try Redsn0w 0.9.9b8’s Save SHSH option.

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

Success! Kind of, in the sense that I didn’t fix it myself, but whatever. I took it to a guy who used Snowbreeze to downgrade it to 4.1. At least it works now. Not sure what to do next, but at least it can do what it used to.

Thanks for all your advice and patience!

Glad to know that I could be of help. :D

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

*Every* time I restore it on the Mac side it goes into recovery mode. There have been two instances where it didn’t on the Bootcamp side.

I’ll try to do that again. It seemed to do that after I shift-restored on the Mac side (recovery loop), then shift-restored on Bootcamp.

Thanks. Hopefully I won’t bug you again.

Yep, its pretty much a boot camp issue. Try a different PC as well.

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

When I first tried to upgrade to 5.0 over a week ago I landed in a recovery loop.

After days and days of trying different solutions and sets of instructions it ended up in a DFU loop (black screen). Your last set of instructions got it out of that and into a recovery loop again. Which is to say: USB plug image -> iTunes icon.

For the hell of it I then tried another shift-restore from my WinXP partition. It got past the recovery loop point, but when the phone asked whether I wanted to set it up as new or recover from a backup I chose the backup option. Then the phone restarted and went back to the recovery loop.

Why don’t you try setting it up as a new iPhone & preferably after your restore it from your Mac rather than from the Boot Camp?

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

Update: On the Windows XP partition of my Mac, iTunes has a backup from Oct 22. Also, TinyUmbrella lists a bunch more SHSHs — from 3.1.2 to 4.35. Also, restoring ALMOST worked for a second when doing a restore from iTunes (no, Tinyumbrella wasn’t running, but it may have had the hosts file edited?). It got as far as asking if I wanted to set the phone up as new or restore it from the backup … and then it went back into the restore loop. Arrgh!

I’m honestly sorry for flooding this post’s discussion page. If you’d like me to go elsewhere or take it to private mail let me know.

Ohh Great !! Tell me one thing, are you stuck in a Recovery Loop or a DFU loop (pitch black screen)? Both these are 2 separate scenarios & have totally 2 different approaches. Looks like you were stuck in a DFU loop all along. If so, then this is not called a restore loop, its called a DFU loop.

Catherine Richardson4 years, 11 months ago

Yup, did that, multiple times, same result. 1611. sigh.

Catherine Richardson4 years, 11 months ago

OK, I’m getting a little further here, but as the progress bar loads, it disconnects and I get error 1611. suggestions? (Thank you, by the way, for your patience and help)

You need to put your device into a pwned DFU mode first & then follow it up with the iOS custom restore. Use iReb / Redsn0w for the same.

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

> Do you rely on an unlock or not? Looks like your having an updated
    > iPad BB already installed on your device. Please shed some light on
    > this first.

No, it still has AT&T as its carrier. It’s an iPhone 3gs which had been running 4.21 jailbroken with greenpois0n until I tried to upgrade to 5.0 and ran into the recovery mode loop. In the two weeks since that happened I’ve tried many different sets of instructions, repair apps and firmwares. Here’s all the firmwares I’ve got on my hard drive (I’m on a Mac running 10.6). I believe a couple of them are left over from before these problems. I don’t think I’ve used them all though.

iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a4.2.1Custom_Restore.ipsw (one made with pwnagetool and the one I made back in Feb with greenpois0n)
    iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw

And of course there’s this: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw

I’ve also tried the following tools in various combinations following different online instructions or as shots in the dark:

fixrecovery
    TinyUmbrella
    irecovery

TinyUmbrella managed to safe SHSHs for:

iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone3GS 5.0gm (9A334)

When trying to go back to 4.21 I always get this greenpois0n error:

Unable to find gBdevList
    Unable to find fs_mount
    Unable to find fs_unmount
    Unable to find fs_load_file

If I make it past that I get the verbose GP startup ending with:

“Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up…”

Though I just found that sometimes you sometimes need to try restarting it after a GP jailbreak a few times for it to take. I might try that again with pwnagetool since it was the most reliable.

Your last set of instructions got it out of a DFU loop and installed 5.0, but as I said I’m still stuck in a recovery loop.

Thanks for your attention so far. If you think I should take it somewhere else feel free to say so.

Why are you still using Greenpois0n in between? It is absolutely not possible for you to downgrade your device w/o having its SHSH saved & hence the GP error. For a while, just don’t use any of the JB / recovery loop tools until iOS 5 gets installed w/o any issues. What I don’t really understand is why would your device be going into a recovery loop though your still restoring to the stock iOS 5. I understood why it would when you try to downgrade, but iOS 5 shouldn’t be giving you any problems at all. If your still running TU at the back, please open up its Settings, set it like this http://bit.ly/mT3R3e & quit it. Don’t open it again. Download the latest stock iOS 5 IPSW from here & Shift+Restore to it. Hopefully it should go through without any issues.

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

Hmm. Assuming I did that right (holding shift while clicking restore, and to be safe I held it all the way through (I googled for a definition but couldn’t find anything very specific)).

That kicked it out of DFU mode which it had been locked in for about a day. On reboot it went back into recovery mode. So I tried to do a shift-recovery again (was that wrong?) and the iPhone itself froze at the Apple logo and iTunes gave me an error 1603. Erk, or it could have been 1601.

Then I tried a regular shift-restore right there (frozen at the Apple logo) and got an error 21. I guess that’s not surprising, but I gave it a shot.

So I rebooted the iPhone from the sleep button. First it went back into “dead battery mode,” and a moment later into restore mode and woke up iTunes. Then I tried a regular restore/upgrade and got an error 1603.

Googling about it, I found this: http://www.iphonefreak.com/2007/07/iphone-trick-so.html

I gather it might have something to do with the battery being drained and/or the SIM card?

Sorry for being a pest!

Do you rely on an unlock or not? Looks like your having an updated iPad BB already installed on your device. Please shed some light on this first.

Catherine Richardson4 years, 11 months ago

yes, I have that, and yes I follow instructions to DFU, start TU, start itunes,all that code shows up under the log tab, but nothing happens on the ipod. Some folks say that the 2g doesn’t work with TU, but since it’s an MC, maybe that isn’t quite the case? (it seems to be the exception to EVERYTHING) I mostly work with the sequences whether I “fix recovery first”, or DFU first, or whatever, and so far no success, sigh.

If its a 2G, you need not even run TU at the background. All you need to do is Shift + Restore to the 4.2.1 or whichever iOS version you want to install directly from iTunes. Make sure that you first open up TU, set it to these Settings http://bit.ly/mT3R3e & quit it. Do not open it up again & then continue with the restore.

Catherine Richardson4 years, 11 months ago

Tiny umbrella says I have blobs saved…???

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

> While restoring to iOS 5 custom IPSW,

I don’t necessarily want to restore to a iOS custom 5 IPSW. At this point I just want my phone to work, and if that means unjailbroken then I’ll deal with it.

> you need to put you device into a pwned DFU mode

I don’t know what “pwned DFU mode” is. Does it have to do with pwnagetool?

> first & then Shift+Restore the same from iTunes.
    > That should solve your Error 11 issues. Don’t run TU at the background.
    > Just quit it & restore from iTunes normally.

If I can figure out the first bit, I should be able to handle this part.

And since my iPhone isn’t working at all how can I see my Cydia page with it to know what, if any, SHSH blobs I have available? Going to cydia.com just directs me to their forums.

Again, sorry for my ignorance and thanks for in advance for any input.

Nevermind Cydia for now. I advised you to use a custom iOS 5 IPSW thinking that you rely on an unlock. If you don’t, you need not worry about the pwned DFU mode either. Just follow the second set of instructions (Shift + Restore part) from your post & your good to go.

Catherine Richardson4 years, 11 months ago

I have been wrestling an ipod touch 2g MC for a couple of months now, it’s stuck in dfu, sometimes I can kick it out with the fixrecovery-win that I downloaded and it will look like it will load, but when I open Itunes and try to restore with custom firmware, it times out and I get a 1601 error. I have used redsn0w (won’t talk to an MC model) greenpois0n (sometimes looks promising, but still won’t load any firmware) tiny umbrella says I have blobs, but even tho’ I edit the “hosts” file, itunes doesn’t seem to want to talk to it. I have deleted and reinstalled everything more than once. Right now, I have to let the battery run completely down, plug it in and let it charge until I get a restore screen with the plug and if it doesn’t fall back into dfu (black screen) sometimes I can work with it for awhile, and get to where it might want to restore, but it’s yet to complete. Any one have any other suggestions? comments? insults?

Your stuck in a DFU loop because your device doesn’t have a valid SHSH for the iOS that your currently running. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Rob4 years, 11 months ago

Hi, thanks for helping everyone out with these, but I’m one of the ones still stuck.

I have an iPhone 3GS which was running 4.2.1., jailbroken with Greenpois0n. I tried to upgrade from that to iOS 5.00 and ran into the recovery loop.

I’ve tried many different solutions, and once even managed to kick it out of the loop in a way that seemed almost accidental. I think it ended up in iOS 5.0 then, but I’m not sure. But then I read of the slowness and bugs of 5.0, and I got double-extra-stupid and decided I wanted to restore it back to a 4.X version.

Now I’m back in Loop Limbo.

My latest attempts to get the thing working again lead me here, and after going through these steps iTunes gives me the following results:

TU TSS server running, custom ECID, restore mode, upgrade to 5.0 -> error 11

There’s just so many variables that my head is swimming. At this point I’m OK with upgrading to iOS 5 and just doing without the jailbreak features I loved. But sabotaging people who want to return to the fold is just a dick move on Apple’s part.

Any advice is welcome.

While restoring to iOS 5 custom IPSW, you need to put you device into a pwned DFU mode first & then Shift+Restore the same from iTunes. That should solve your Error 11 issues. Don’t run TU at the background. Just quit it & restore from iTunes normally.

Haze Aulaian4 years, 12 months ago

but man its not restoring i told u already im getting the same error on all pcs and laptops i tried on ,, do u suggest any thing to do to restore ?

Errors 2003 / 2005 suggests of an hardware issue. Its failing to connect to your device due to a hardware failure.

Haze Aulaian4 years, 12 months ago

hi man thanks for all this guide
    i Own an Iphone 2G and today i was trying to remove the pandadeamon software that is related to iphone pc suite from the Netdragon community
    after restarting my iphone it wont boot
    then tried to restore and 2 errors keep jumping
    – 2003 in recovery mode
    – 2005 in DFU mode
    and i have followed everything u have mentioned here , but
    when i clicked save SHSH , it kept showing a busy icon on the device and didnt finish
    wht do u suggest ?
    and is it the end of my iphone 2G ?
    plz tell me there still hope :'( :SSS

You need not even worry about an SHSH for iP2G because it doesn’t need one. You can go ahead & restore your device directly from iTunes to iOS 3.1.3. TU doesn’t work for the iP2G’s.

Firecore5 years ago

Hi, i have a 3gs. It didnt have jb ever on it and i did a system update tonight and it went to that screen that u guys call recovery mode.Did all u said above and then i saved the SSH thinggy :), i need to run TSS server and update it via Itunes and it will work?

Pramod5 years ago

Nope, it will not. You need to have had an SHSH saved for your device / iOS. Using TU w/o a valid SHSH blob will only put you in a DFU loop & nothing else. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Tyler5 years ago

Hi

I have been locked in a Recovery Boot loop for a while now. When i attempt to restore normally it gives me error 1611, which it says is a hardware error. I attempted to try to jailbreak with the new Sn0wbreeze and restore to that firmware ios5beta7, and it gave me error 3194, as it is in this article. I followed the directions and it still gives me error number 1611. Any ideas?

Pramod5 years ago

I’m confused. Right now to which iOS version are you trying to restore to? If its the iOS 5b7, then you need to remove any reference to gs.apple.com from your hosts file, reboot & then try the restore again from iTunes in a pwned DFU mode.

Bilal Kinali5 years ago

Hi

My iphone 4 is stuck in recovery mode, i got shsh saved for 4.3.5 and im on 4.3.3 custom right now. I try to upgrade to 4.3.5 but i always get 1013 error and i have checked it everywhere, it says the same, delete the lines in host file, i do but doesnt work. Can you help?

Pramod5 years ago

Its because for some reason your current BB version is way higher than what iOS 4.3.5 has to offer which is weird being an iP4 !!
      Are you sure that its an iP4 that’s causing this issue? Can you link me with some pics showing this problem in more detail on the iP4?

Jimmy5 years ago

Hi there, my main problem is the error 1002 which I get right at the end of the restore. Now I managed to create a custom firmware 4.3.3 for it using snowbreeze. Then I put the phone into dfu using ireb. I also ran TU with the TSS server on ( all boxes were ticked). then when iREB gave me the message to go to itunes and restore i clicked shift + restore and selected the custom firmware which sn0wbreeze made, all was going well until right at the end i got error 37. Now i deleted my itunes and downloaded the latest one, turned off my firewall, and antivirus, still I get the same error 37? I would appreciate some help :)

THANKS

Pramod5 years ago

First off, do you have the necessary SHSH saved for your device on TU / Cydia for iOS 4.3.3 already? Does it show up for your device like this http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1with 4.3.3 listed?

hybridx5 years ago

I bought my Iphone 3GS in April so I assume its running iOS 4.3.4. A guy who I used to work with jailbroke it for me, not sure how he did it but I accidently hit upgade on my itunes yesterday and now my phone is in recovery mode. I have never saved and SHSH, never knew about it until now. Is there any way of getting my phone back, I’ve tried everything; fixrecovery 43 from TU seemed promising but it suddenly stopped and gave me the error message “AppleNANDLegacyFIL::start: AND init failed” and then after a moment it says “no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up….”

HELP!!! Am I out of luck now? Is there no way of getting my phone back? I am runing windows XP, I dont even have a MAC…. Can anyone help? Please

Pramod5 years ago

FixRecovery does not support iOS 4.3.4+. Hence the iOS download failure error.
      I would suggest you to update to iOS 4.3.5 instead via iTunes since you do not rely on an unlock either. iOS 4.3.5 is also a tethered JB.

Ann5 years ago

I just read TU log and it said “Cydia does not have your SHSH. There is no way for you to get them. Sorry you are just too late.” What can I do??

Ann5 years ago

I clicked on the Start TSS server button and was wondering how long does this process take?

Pramod5 years ago

Eh, what? What are you supposedly trying to achieve? If you have started the TSS server, go back to iTunes & Shift+Restore to your custom / stock IPSW. Only then will the restore process start.

Marcel5 years, 1 month ago

PS: One thing I don’t understand – I have now a jailbreaked, unlocked and activated 3GS with IPSW 4.3.3, why is Tiny Umbrella only saving a 4.1 and a 4.3.5 SHSH blob from this iPhone? I mean, why it is not saving also a SHSH blob for the version 4.3.3?

You need not worry about TU not saving your SHSH. As long as Cydia is listing it for you on its homepage your safe.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

NOPE Pramod! I don’t think someone tried re-jailbreaking it cuz my dad knows nothing about all that. He just started complaining about the issues to me and i decided post it here. I have an iPad2 neways so no need going back to iPad1. :)
    But seriously any leads?? He obviously cant be using it with all that issues, right?

Mhm, very well then. You will need to restore your device to a fresh install of the iOS & then jailbreak it using Redsn0w. This would wipe out & give you a fresh start on your iPad1 & seems to be the best solution because it could very well be missing sys files or anything out of the ordinary. Make sure that your aware of the SHSH stuff & then restore.

Marcel5 years, 1 month ago

At the end I’ve managed it (with your help). :) Installed official 4.3.5 (with Tiny Umbrella Server in background) and then got the Recovery Hang. Then jailbreaked with a prepared 4.3.3-IPSW (sn0wbreezed) and it started finally. With Tiny Umbrella it now saved two SHSHs (4.1 and 4.3.5) and I could run Ultrasn0w to unlock it. PS: It was important to have 3G switched OFF when installed Ultrasn0w! Otherwise it would freeze after inserting a SIM …

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

The iTunes App + App store + cydia cause errors . The iTunes App closes automatically each time he has to confirm a payment to purchase either a song or video. The App store also closes automatically each time he wants to download an app. I use the cydia aspect!!!!! It often gives an error of NOPDX…something. Do you think i now have enough reasons?

And you thought re-jailbreaking would help? Looks like someone has already tried doing that on your iPad by using JailbreakMe3. Did you fail to mention that?

Marcel5 years, 1 month ago

This is what I get from the Tiny Umbrella logfile:
    Found [0] shsh files to cache…
    So this means there is no way and never a chance to get this iPhone back to life? :(

The first line says it all. So your only way out is to update it to the latest 4.3.5 & then jailbreak if necessary to double-check your SHSH listing with Cydia http://bit.ly/qS5bjW.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

Hi. I want to re-jailbreak my dad’s iPad 1. It’s just wifi NO 3G! Any site to learn how to do that?
    I dont want to mess it up. :)

What’s the point in re-jailbreaking an already jailbroken device which is sure to cause issues right after it?

lalo5 years, 1 month ago

btw, i’m not stuck while upgrading, i just do erase data on a jailbroken device, is that still possible for retrieve the shsh blob?

Nope, not possible that way either as iFaith will probably hang while saving them.

lalo5 years, 1 month ago

so there’s no way for me to get back to 4.3.3 if i didnt backup my shsh previously? i must upgrade to the lastest 4.3.5 which cant do jailbreak?

No you cannot, but you cant try to see if Cydia has indeed saved one for you previously if you were already jailbroken. Read this http://bit.ly/qn9iLL & try your luck.

lalo5 years, 1 month ago

Could i use ifaith for a stuck ipad 1 3G? to get my shsh blobs

No, it will work only if you were running a working version of the iOS prior to using iFaith. It will not help if your restore/update failed & then used iFaith.

George5 years, 1 month ago

My steps wich I fallowed was for the version 4.1 . I didn’t know wich version i had that way I worked 4 days to fix recovey mode because I tried for all versions with diferent programs until i quess the version!! So for every version you need to apply different method

Yes, that’s right. Different versions of the same FixRec tool because every version that comes out has its internal schemes changed due to which tools needs to change & remain updated as well.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

NOW THIS IS MY LAST STRAW….I HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS, i tried restoring with sn0breeze custom IPSW in PWN DFU mode using iREB WITH TSS Server running!!! iPhone is currently stuck in “waiting for iphone”…..
    Yay, it’s restored! Took a while but i have my activation screen now!
    What next. I need advice on the best jailbreak method now. I dont wanna go on without input from you guys. What do you think it’s the best way to jailbreak 3gs on win7?????
    Thanks Guys.!

If you have used a custom IPSW for your restore, your iPhone is then already jailbroken. You need not run anything on top of it again.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

After trying again with sn0wbreeze on another win7 machine, i get error 1600 when i tried restore in DFU mode. I now tried restore in the (stuck) recovery mode and i get error 21.

You need to always put your device in a pwned DFU mode first before you try any kind of restores/updates. Use Redsn0w/iReb to achieve this. W/o this, your bound to get restore errors.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

Pramod, I tried 4.3.5 clean but that also didn’t work. The restore status bar moves to somewhere half way and it stops/freezes. With mine, it’s been there for the past 3 days now!!!!!! I tried using limera1n but shows waiting for device for ages even when TSS Server is running on TU! I really dont know what to do now. Ive switched laptops thinking that will help plus i’ve changed my cable too! I’m just frustrated! I added last line #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to host and everything. What have i missed here????
    WHat should i try now??? Is there any new stuff to resurrect my iphone 3gs???
    Damn!

That’s totally wrong !! Your using Limera1n on iOS 4.3.5 which it doesn’t even support !!
      Use the TSS Server option from TU only if you have an SHSH blob saved locally on your machine for that device. Otherwise, do not even bother to use it.
      That last line you have added just blocked iTunes from asking Cydia for a restore, you should do it the other way round. Remove the comment symbol.

George5 years, 1 month ago

Because i don’t want to change de subject,.
    1. If you know how to unlock iphone 4 version 4.3.1 baseband 04.10.01 ( I know ultrasn0w not required that version of bb, but any chanse to change bb with update or downgrate or any trick to have this baseband wich ultrasn0w suport for unlock
    So this is all! Thank you again and sorry for my english !

No, currently using a Gevey SIM is the only way to unlock your iP4. Neither changing/upgrading the BB is an option unlike the iP3G/3GS since the BB chips aren’t the same when compared to the iP4.

George5 years, 1 month ago

Pramod it is possible to chat private on mail i have same personal question for you!

You can ask me anything here George. Not because I do not want to, but then everyone will start pinging me on mail directly with queries rather than visit the blog itself. I hope you understand. :D

George5 years, 1 month ago

If you belive me after 4 days work 10hrs a day i just fix my iphone but to be onest i can’t understand my self how. I know cuz i fallow this steps:
    1.save shsh with tiny umbrella
    -run tss server
    2.jailbreak with limera1n
    -whait few seconds

And after 4 days my iphone 3gs back to normal

Notice.:check your hosts file to be last line #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Do a list and writte down all the steps you fallowed
    Make folder and download ther all tools wat you think you need for fix iphone
    Try to work clear and don’t lose your hope if I managed every body can do!
    To fix your iphone your self you need little ambition please try clean you will do

Yes, any restore will definitely work until you have the SHSH blobs saved for your device locally by TU or by Cydia on its servers. In your case, you had the SHSH saved locally on your machine & hence the success with the TSS Server option. SHSH is always important.

Ted5 years, 1 month ago

Yes, i have updated my BB to Ipad BB. I have tried using custom IPSW i created using sn0wbreeze but the restore freezes at the very last bit to completion. Redsn0w….same! Honestly, i feel like smashing this 3GS into pieces!

Sorry, this was a follow up of which query of yours? I do not see any of your previous questions here.

george5 years, 1 month ago

I write to you because the site that seems the most serious … I saw people give them the answer. I have the same problem with my iphone 3GS, exactly the same problem that Ted ^^^^. so when i try official restore of IOS from iTunes i got 1015 error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you in advance!!

Do not use the stock IPSW for your restores if you have updated your BB to an iPad’s BB. Use a custom created IPSW & restore to that instead.

ted5 years, 1 month ago

Hi Javox,
    I’m tired with my iphone 3gs. Its stuck in recovery mode for 4 weeks now after updating to 4.3.3 using redsn0w. Ive used tiny umbrella, recboot, ireb, fixrecovery, iRecovery via cmd.exe. , easyirecovery …blah blah blah but its still stuck in recovery mode. Tiny umbrella kicks it out but immediately after reboot it moves straight into recovery again. Same happens when i use RecBoot. Recboot kicks it out and after reboot, iphone goes back into recovery mode.
    Im using Win 7 and as such using the Libusb freezes all my usb ports plus my wifi. Ive read else where that i can only get it fixed using a mac machine and currently im out on a tour just with my win 7 machine. I tried restoring it through DFU mode but restore freezes half way through during the restore!!!!

Any body with same problem and some solutions?????

Well, what happens when you try an official restore of iOS 4.3.5 from iTunes? Does it even start or does it error out with a code?

Jason5 years, 1 month ago

solved it i have to unplug my phone from the computer as soon as i did that it it let me make custom phones thanks for the quick reply

Jason5 years, 1 month ago

When i put in my ecid it doesn’t put a custom device in the the corner of TU am i doing something wrong?

Make sure that you have chosen the model of your device as well before clicking OK at the Custom device creation screen. Also use the latest version of TU for better compatibility.

nodame185 years, 1 month ago

hi,, if i put my ipad 2 3g 4.3.5 in restore mode, will it still be possible for me to get my shsh blobs for 4.3.3??

No. Not possible unless you have had them saved exclusively saved via Cydia/TU.

nodame5 years, 1 month ago

is this applicable to ipad 2 3g?

Yes, it is possible even on the iPad2 with the latest version of TU.

sohail5 years, 2 months ago

I done the same as u told me but tu says “This device is not connected”.sorry i forgot to tell u that i have a broken lcd iphone4 and i have tried to restore many firmwares with the errors 1600,1013 etc….i want that if it will be ok then i will change its lcd.

Did you put your iPhone into a DFU mode? You need to put your iPhone first into a DFU mode and then use the USB viewer to find your ECID. Paste the ECID back into TinyUmbrella and run it to see all your saved SHSH files on Cydia. Alteranatively, you can try iFaith as well to get your iOS SHSH files saved. Follow this http://bit.ly/qIa3E7.