Here is a step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad using unofficial PwnageTool bundles created by DjayB6 (@DjayB6). You can use these bundles to patch PwnageTool 4.3 which can then create iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW for your iDevice. Restoring iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW through iTunes will jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.3.2 but keep in mind that it’ll be a tethered jailbreak. Tethered jailbreak means if your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad loses its power due to any reason, you must boot it into a tethered jailbroken state using TetheredBoot Utility.
- iTunes 10.2.1 [Download]
- Stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen [Download]
- PwnageTool 4.3 [Download | Direct Link]
- PwnageTool Bundles for iOS 4.3.2:
- TethetedBoot Utility for Mac OS X [Download]
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 4
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom)
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom)
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPod Touch 4G
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPod Touch 3G
Download iOS 4.3.2 PwnageTool bundle for iPad
Steps to Add PwnageTool Bundle to PwnageTool 4.3:
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it iOS 4.3.2. Put PwnageTool app, PwnageTool bundle file and stock iOS 4.3.2 ISPW for your iDevice in this folder.
- Right-click on PwnageTool and choose Show Package Contents from the context-menu.
- Now navigate to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and copy the bundle file (iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7.bundle) to FirmwareBundles directory. Once done, close all opened windows of PwnageTool.
Steps to create iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW with PwnageTool 4.2:
- Launch PwnageTool, click on the Expert mode, select iPhone 3GS, 3G, 4 from the displayed options and click Next button to continue.
- Click on the Browse button and select stock iOS 4.3.2 firmware file for your iDevice.
- Click on the Build tab and hit the Next button.
- Choose Desktop as the save location and click on the Save button.
- Wait while PwnageTool cooks iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW file for your iDevice. It may take a while, so be patient.
- During the creation of custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.2, PwnageTool might prompt you to enter your administrator password.
- Once PwnageTool has successfully created the custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.2, connect your iDevice to your Mac via USB cable. Hold down the Power and Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds, after 10 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the Home button until PwnageTool detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
- Close the PwnageTool and follow the instructions below to restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW on your iDevice.
Steps to Restore iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:
- Launch iTunes 10.2.1 and wait while it detects your iDevice in recovery mode.
- Click on your iDevice name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
- You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the ALT (Option) key (SHIFT key for Windows) and click on the Restore button.
- Select iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW from your desktop and click Open to start the restore process.
- Now wait until iTunes restores the custom cooked iOS 4.3.2 IPSW on your iDevice. Once done, your iDevice will restart automatically and it should be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2 with fully working Cydia.
Steps to Boot iDevice into Tethered Jailbroken State:
As this jailbreak is tethered, so you need to boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state on every restart. To do so, you can use TetheredBoot Utility created by Msft.Guy.
- Download TetheredBoot.zip utility from here and extract the zip on your desktop.
- Create a copy of iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW you just created with PwnageTool. Rename it from .IPSW to .ZIP and extract it on your desktop. Once done, open the extracted directory and copy two files namely kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu on your desktop.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it tetheredboot. Put kernelcache.release.n90, iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, tetheredboot and itnl in this folder.
- Turn off your iPhone completely, open the Terminal app and use the command below:
- After executing the above command, Terminal will prompt you for your administrator password. Enter your administrator password and use the command below:
- After executing the above commands, you will see some code running on your Terminal screen. After a while, you will be prompted to put your iDevice into DFU mode. Use the following steps to put your iDevice into DFU mode:
For iPhone 4:
/Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/tetheredboot /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/kernelcache.release.n90
For iPhone 3GS:
/Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/tetheredboot /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/kernelcache.release.n88
/Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/tetheredboot /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/kernelcache.release.k48
For iPod Touch 4G:
/Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/tetheredboot /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/iBSS.n81ap.RELEASE.dfu /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/kernelcache.release.n81
- Hold down Home and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Now your iDevice should be in DFU mode.
Now wait while your iDevice boots into a tethered jailbroken state. Once done, enjoy your iDevice jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2 with fully working Cydia on it.
Update#1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak
Update#2: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.6 for Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak on Windows
Update#3: Download DjayB6’s Unofficial Ultrasn0w fixer to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.2
Update#4: Download PwnageTool 4.3.2 to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Mac OS X [Tutorial]
Update#5: Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To Guide]