Preserve iPhone 4/3GS Baseband on iOS 4.3.1 [Windows]

As notified earlier, iPhone Dev-Team is expected to release PwnageTool and Redsn0w for iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak within next few hours. As PwnageTool is only available for Mac OS X users, so Windows users must use Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on their iDevices. To use Redsn0w, you must be running stock iOS 4.3.1 firmware on your iPhone as a prerequisite. Upgrading to stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW will also upgrade your iPhone baseband but with this guide, you can upgrade to stock iOS 4.3.1 while preserving your current baseband.

Sn0wbreeze 2.4 (Beta 1)
So the guide below is applicable to:

1. Those iPhone users who do not own a Mac.
  2. Those iPhone users who rely on an unlocked iPhone.
  3. Those iPhone users who have unlockable (01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 05.16.01, 05.16.02, 06.15.00) baseband.

Steps to Upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 While Preserving Current iPhone Baseband:

1. Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 from here
  2. Download stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS from here
  3. Download Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 for Windows from here
  4. Launch Sn0wbreeze tool and click on Next button to get started.
  5. Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Main)

6. Click on Browse button and select stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW which you downloaded in step 2.
  7. Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Choose IPSW)Select Stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW

8. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze validates the IPSW you have provided. Once Sn0wbreeze has successfully validated the IPSW and identified your iDevice, click on Next button to continue.
  9. Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (IPSW Verified)

10. Choose Baseband Preservation Mode and click on the Next button. This option will not jailbreak your iPhone but will only upgrade the firmware while preserving current baseband.
  11. Sn0wbreeze (Baseband Preservation Mode)

12. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze creates iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW for your iPhone.
  13. Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Building IPSW)Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (IPSW Created)

14. Once done, use the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
    • Turn off your iPhone completely
    • Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.

Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Running iREB)

15. As soon as Sn0wbreeze will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will put it in Pwned DFU mode so that you may not get any 16xx or 1015 error during restore process.
  16. Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Pwned DFU Mode)

17. Close Sn0wbreeze and open iTunes on your PC. Once iTunes has detected your iPhone in recovery mode, hold down the SHIFT key and click on Restore button to select iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW for your iPhone which you can find on your desktop.
  18. iTunes iOS 4.3 Restore

19. Once the restore process has been completed successfully, your Phone will reboot automatically.
  20. iPhone Emergency Screen

21. Now that you have successfully managed to upgrade your iPhone firmware while preserving its current baseband, you can use iPhone Dev-Team's Redsn0w tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on it.

danny3 years, 6 months ago

if its not jailbreaking your iphone then how can we jailbreak our iphone again? i am a bit confuse here… please help

Patrick Gumban3 years, 6 months ago

Hi, what’s your device and firmware / iOS version?

Danny3 years, 6 months ago

ios 4.1 and 15.13.04

DANNY5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks! I rest my case… you know a whole lot more than I do, so I’ll take your advice! In order to go to 4.2.1 My understanding is that I have to do:

1. I need to Shift + Restore iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw in Itunes.
    2. Use Redsnow to patch iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
    3. go into CYDIA and download ultrasnow
    4. run ultrasnow

Am I correct?… I am very paranoid because it is my primary phone..

If there was a way to fix this phone going dead at 80% i would have probably not done anything to begin with but i’m tired of my phone just shutting of and not being able to turn back on..

Absolutely wrong !!
      Redsn0w never had the capability of patching anything for you. You need to use the IPSWs provided here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH & restore to them rather than use Redsn0w. Only use it to put your device into a pwned DFU mode http://bit.ly/pioV9v to start the restore with & nothing else.

DANNY5 years, 3 months ago

I just opened up Cydia and on the top I show
    SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.2.1+, 4.3, 4.3.5

Do I still have any hope to update to any firmware above the 4.2.1 while saving my BB and be able to unlock?

Apparently not, since you see only iOS 4.3 & 4.3.5, they aren’t the right ones to choose as they both are still a tethered JB. So the best option still stands, which is the iOS 4.2.1 itself.

DANNY5 years, 3 months ago

Am I not able to upgrade to 4.3.1/2/3 while preserving my BB so I can then unlock with ultrasnow? Thanks for your quick replies!

That’s right. But you can very well restore to the iOS 4.2.1 instead whilst preserving your BB & then unlock it as well.

DANNY5 years, 3 months ago

I have saved in TU locally 4.1 (8B117) AND 4.2.1 (8C148a)

Then you can restore your iPhone only to these iOS versions & nothing else.

DANNY5 years, 3 months ago

Hello Pramod and Wolverine,

Long time browser, first time poster… Here is my problem.

I have a 3GS 32GB at 4.1 (8B117) with 05.12.01 currently jailbroken and unlocked… I’m having problems where my phone will just die at 80% battery and it will not revive easily… the screen will dim slowly and it will be stuck on the apple logo. Plugging it on the charger will first show me the red empty battery and then right away will go to 60-80%. At times, the only way to revive my phone is by connecting it to the computer. I’m not usre what’s going on so I figured it is time to upgrade and do a fresh jailbreak/unlock to eliminate any of these problems.

I want to update to 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 or 4.3.3 as long as I can boot untethered and be able to unlock again with ultrasnow while preserving my Baseband in the process.

Please point me in the right direction as to what iOS can I upgrade to in order to be be safe that I can unlock again.

Can you please link me to where I can upgrade my IOS first preserving the BB?
    Jailbreak?
    and unlock?

I greatly appreciate your help!!

Do you have the SHSH saved for either one of these iOS versions on Cydia? Or TU locally?

ayman5 years, 3 months ago

Thank you Pramod, i was able to restore and I am up and running again.

ayman5 years, 3 months ago

the writing on the back is in grey colour, and model is A1241.
    I don’t see anything on the screen at all. when I press and hold both the menu+menu nothing happens. if the do plug in to the usb and I press menu+home i do get the sound and a message of new devise is found but still nothing on the screen. if I open I itunes I can see the phone on the menu and a message saying that my iphone is in recovery mode and I need to restore. If press the shift and restore and select the customer ipsw i go get the 1600 error. then I would use ireb and select 3G then I tell me that my phone in the mode and I can open Itune to do the restore. but again i get the 1600 error. through all this I don’t see any apple logo or any thing on the iphone. the last time I saw the apple logo when I did the upgrade and it says it restarting which never happened.

You need to put your device into a pwned DFU mode first before you go for the restore via iTunes. Use Redsn0w http://bit.ly/pioV9v. Also, confirm first if your having a valid saved SHSH for your device first before you attempt the restore via TU. Read http://bit.ly/oKCpYX as well.

Ayman5 years, 3 months ago

That’s right, and yes I did using iReb-c4.
    so How do I get out of it?

Unplug your device, reboot by holding the Menu+Home button for approx 15secs until you see the recovery loop & hook it back onto the USB. Also, are you sure that yours is not an iP3GS? Did you use TU for your restore by any chance?

Ayman5 years, 3 months ago

I need your help.
    I have 3G iso 4.01 bb 05.03.04. I download the ios 4.2 and I used snowbreese to generate the ipsw custom. when it was done I opened itunes and I used the shift restore. everything went fine. until the restart, nothing happend, and in itune it keep saying you are in recvery mode, the screen is black on the in phone and use the home buttom and sleep does nothing. I tried tinyE but both exit and enter recovery is greyed out. I have been reading for two days but I can even get out of this the phone is just lack. I tried the the fixrecover 42 but when I click on it i see does for a second then gone nothing else. Again it is 3G was running 4.01 and I upgraded to 4.2 using snowbreese with the reserve baseband.

any idea how to get out it?

The details of your iOS & BB versions are incorrect. I assume you were on iOS 4.0.1 with BB 05.13.04. Your not in a recovery loop but in a DFU loop instead. Did you put your device into a pwned DFU mode before you performed the restore?

Herman5 years, 4 months ago

How come there is no near future unlock for BB 04.10.01?
    I have iOS 4.3.1 and BB 04.10.01 newly bought, is there anything i can do to unlock my iphone otherwise?

Gevey SIM interposer is the only option for you to unlock your iP4.

denisiel5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your quick reply. I finally installed 4.3.3 by changing to another computer and used old iTunes 10.2 – not sure which one was the reason it finally worked (was using latest 10.3 on my other computer).

Turns out the baseband is 2.10.04 so could have saved days of headaches and just did an Apple install! Is there any way besides Gevey SIM to unlock 2.10.04?

In any event, I truly appreciate your time and advice and am so impressed how concisely you explain the solutions. Many many thanks!

Thanks for your appreciation denisiel !! :D
      Unfortunately, a Gevey SIM interposer is the only way to get yours/any iP4’s out there unlocked whose BB>=02.10. :(

denisiel5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Pramod,

Well I tried again and encountered different problems each time:

1. 3194 error. Deleted the gs.apple.com from hosts file. Stuck in recovery mode until used iReb to put into DFU mode.

2. Tried again via Sn0wBeeze and everything went through until very end (even through the Restoring iPhone progess bar) and got an error 6.

3. Tried again and got error 14.

4. Changed USB port and tried again but now back to original problem of hanging – The screen on iPhone shows a snowflake that is not moving and the progress bar is about 10%. iTunes progress bar is about 20% and is stuck at the level right under the “R” of “Restoring iPhone software”. The Version section says “iTunes is restoring the software on this iPhone.”

5. Checked hosts file now – no references to any gs.apple.com.

I tried to rebuild the custom ipsw file 5 times through Sn0wBeeze and each time it went through to the end where it says it is in Pwned DFU state. each time I checked under Device Manager and 2 times it was in recovery mode and NOT in DFU mode even though Sn0wBeeze said it was in Pwned DFU state. And each time it got hung up and i ran iReb it also said it was in Pwned DFU state.

Firewall, antivirus turned off and restarted computer with each new ipsw build.

Do you know what is wrong? iPhone keeps getting stuck in recovery mode or DFU mode each time I disconnect from iTunes after failing to restore. I am at a loss of what to do now.

Oki, now all your errors will get resolved if we are able to restore to your custom IPSW successfully w/o any 3194. If your sure that you have your SHSH files are saved on Cydia, then Restore using TinyUmbrella’s TSS Server instead of the native Shift+Restore. Make sure that you have Saved SHSH first locally and then continue with the restore using the TSS Server in TinyUmbrella. Hopefully, everything should be working just fine.

denisiel5 years, 5 months ago

Dear Pramod,

Thanks for your clear and concise instructions. All went well until I tried to get to the Pwned DFU Mode which didn’t happen and I got error 1600. So I downloaded iReb version 4 and got into Pwned DFU Mode. Pointed iTunes to sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.3.ipsw. The screen on iPhone shows a snowflake that is not moving (right side of snowflake is missing) and the progress bar is about 10%. iTunes progress bar is about 20% and is stuck at the level right under the “R” of “Restoring iPhone software”. The Version section says “iTunes is restoring the software on this iPhone.”

Got to the progress bar levels very quickly and now has been this way for hours. Turned off antivirus and firewalls and Skype. What should i do now?

Another question:

Once successfully installed 4.3.3, do I unlock with Ultrasn0w 1.2.3? I am currently in Hong Kong so do I put in my unactivated (never used) microsim from AT&T? Or do I need a non-AT&T sim to unlock? Do I need to use SAM and if so, should i use SAM with the AT&T microsim or do I need to buy a Hong Kong microsim to see if it unlocked?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Error 1600 is definitely because you need to put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU mode as the default procedure alone will not suffice. You need not download iReb seperately because once your IPSW is cooked using SB, it continues till the end until your iPhone is put into a Pwned DFU mode.
      What i would suggest you is to redo the whole procedure using the latest SB 2.7.3 as i had mentioned in my earlier comment including the creation of a new custom IPSW as well. Restart everything from scratch & continue till the end SB quits telling you that its in a Pwned DFU state. Once you see that, come back to iunes and continue the restore. Also make sure you do not have your hosts file configured to reroute iTunes to Cydia’s server as well.
      Yes, you have to run Ultrasn0w once the restore completes. You need not put in any kind of SIM untilUltrasn0w completes its process. SAM comes at a later stage, you can put in any kind of SIM. SAM isn’t related to the unlock.

denisiel5 years, 5 months ago

I would really appreciate any advice. I am a total newbie and spent 2 days trying ot get an understanding of how to fix my phone. My ex set a passcode and now my iPhone 4 is disabled (purchased January 2011 from AT&T store if that matters). I have the computer that it is synced to (Windows). I remember vaguely that the firmware is maybe 4.0.1, and that the baseband was unlockable but I don’t remember what version. I put in in DFU mode and found it has new bootrom IBOOT-574.4.

I do NOT Have any SHSH blobs saved.

I would like to use the phone off the AT&T system (when I travel abroad). How do I restore, jailbreak and unlock it?

1. Which version iTunes do I need?
    2. Which IPSW (stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW)?

I am not clear if I need greenpois0n , Ultrasn0w, Sn0wbreeze or which versions of these and which IPSW. Do I first upgrade to 4.3.3. (or .1 or .2 if possible) and then downgrade? Or do I stay at 4.3.3 and then jailbreak and then unlock?

Are these the correct steps:
    1. Use Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 to create iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW for your iPhone.
    2. Open iTunes and restore iPhone in recovery mode and install the iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW
    3. Then use Redsn0w tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1
    4. How do I unlock the phone at this point?

Many thanks in advance!

In case you dint have an SHSH file saved for your iOS 4.3.1, you cannot restore to the same as well. All you can do right now is to restore to the latest iOS 4.3.3 which is perfectly fine as well.
      1. You can use the latest iTunes as well. Make sure that the iTunes your running isn’t ancient.
      2. Download the stock 4.3.3 IPSW from here: http://bit.ly/kjLNRn
      3. You should NEVER EVER restore to a stock Apple IPSW file. This is because you rely on an unlock and incase you update even by mistake to the stock iOS, you’ll loose your unlock forever.
      You’ll need to use a custom IPSW restore method to restore your iPhone ALWAYS. Use Sn0wBeeze to get yourself a custom cooked IPSW. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/mbFORU & make sure you have also downloaded the latest SB 2.7.3 from the same post.

rutul shah5 years, 5 months ago

hey guys i have iphone 3gs i need to unlock it has mentioned above i have preserved my baseband but when i upgrade to ios 4.3.1 the old version it says error occured 3194 while updating to 4.3.3 the latest version it is done can u tell how to preserve basbeand in ios 4.3.3

3194 means you have an SHSH problem here. Have you saved your SHSH for iOS 4.3.1 ? If not, you cannot go back to an earlier version of the iOS as Apple simply blocks it and hence the error. Only if you had saved them via Cydia, you can go back. Use TinyUmbrella and hit the Save SHSH button to see what Cydia has saved for you. If 4.3.1 is missing from the list, unfortunately you cannot downgrade.
      You’ll need to update your BB to an iPad’s BB to get yourself unlocked. There is no need for you to preserve the BB because your already updated to the latest iOS. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/lccwoE to learn how to.

Dave5 years, 6 months ago

im not sure if its really a fix…i just created another IPSW using the snowbreeze 2.7…i guess the initial custom snowbreeze ipsw was corrupted so i did it again..then woolah!from my previous 3gs firmware 4.0.1, I now have the latest 4.3.3 with preserved baseband 5.13.04…thank you! I used the expert mode by the way…

Dave5 years, 6 months ago

i made it! i just cooked the ipsw again then it worked!

You fixed error 14? How? Can you explain it which Sn0wbreeze version you used and which custom firmware you restored?

Dave5 years, 6 months ago

Oh no! Wolverine please help…I did exactly what this instructions saya and now Im getting Error 14 and 1600…My phone is a 3gs 4.0.1 oldbootrom with unlockable baseband…Restoring with itunes with my custom firmware does not pursue…It only shows the snowbreeze logo and then the loading bar…after 1 minute it get an error saying Iphone cannot be restored(14)…If i do it again, the error is 1600 what shall I do? I already did the ireb thing, did it all over again…and nothing happens…please help me

Dave5 years, 6 months ago

Hi! i have a 3gs running in 4.0.1 with 5.13.04 baseband…what firmware should I download? is it 4.3.1 or 4.3.2? It’s mentioned above that I should dowload 4.3.1 however you have mentioned earlier that there’s a battery issue with that firmware…Should i use the 4.3.2 instead? Lastly, my phone is locked in At&T and I don’t have a sim…will this still work? I would appreciate your response Wolverine! thank you and more power…

Alberto Yelpo5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for your help I fixed with ireb4 after that I could restore sucessfully to custom firmware. THANKS AGAIN

Donovan van hensis5 years, 7 months ago

I did step by step as the guide said, and the phone reboot at the end, but now the screen is all black and when it reboot it said it is still in dfu mode but I can’t see anything. I tried to kick it out with tiny umbrella but it didn’t work, also tried to restore for a second time with snowbreeze custom firm but it didnt work eiter. Any help please?
    By the way Im talking about White iphone 3gs 32gb. I was on 3.1.3 I saved MY SHSH 05.12

I WILL APRECIATE ANY HELP THANKS.

There is no DFU loop thing. Saying recovery loop do make some sense. When ur iPhone is stuck in DFU, all you need is to connect it to your computer and hold the Home+Power button until it kicks itself out of DFU mode.

vidur5 years, 7 months ago

hey a small doubt…..i have iphone 3gs firmware 4.0.1 baseband 5.13.04 unlocked…. and i was wanting to update to 4.3.1 …want my unlock too…
    i havent ever saved my shsh blobs….but i wanna save them now…is it possible ….or shsh blobs can be saved for only the current firmware…(i think i read that in an earlier comment)…
    thankz

and ya what is the best method to jailbreak ios 4.3.1…snowbreeze 2.4 beta baseband preservation and redsnow or snowbreeze 2.5.1

You can now save only iOS 4.3.2 SHSH blobs as all other windows of saving SHSH blobs are now closed. No you don’t need to be on iOS 4.3.2 to save its SHSH blobs on Cydia. You can not jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 now if you don’t have its SHSH blobs saved. Also iOS 4.3.1 have some battery issues which are now resolved in iOS 4.3.2. You can jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 by using Sn0wbreeze 2.6, PwnageTool 4.3.2 or Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14

gz5 years, 7 months ago

I have jailbroken (but not unlocked) iphone 4 with ios 4.1 and bb 02.10.04, so can i use this method to upgrade to 4.3.1 preserving 02.10.04 bb or not?

thnx

Only if your SHSH blobs are saved for iOS 4.3.1. If not then use this guide http://bit.ly/gBOM7o to upgrade to iOS 4.3.2 while preserving your baseband.

Nick5 years, 7 months ago

I have jailbreak my iphone 4 ios 4.2.1 using baseband 03.10.01. now, i want to upgrade to 4.3.1. can i use snowbreeze to upgrade to 4.3.1? Should i preserve the baseband or not? Then, should i jailbreak ios 4.3.1 with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc9?

Thank you for helping me.

Yes you should preserve your current baseband for upcoming iPhone 4 NCK unlock. You should use Sn0wbreeze 2.6 for that http://bit.ly/gBOM7o

Nick5 years, 7 months ago

So, i need to upgrade ios 4.3.2 right? using sowbreese 2.6?

eno5 years, 7 months ago

hi im in confuse right now,can u help me?
    I have i phone 4,just bought from ebay,i cant unlocked the iphone because the baseband is 3.10.01,my version is 4.2.1,jailbreak by pwnagetool..the problem is ultrasnow cant unlocked baseband 3.10.01..can i upgrade or downgrade the baseband?please tell me the solution..

thanks

Nirujan5 years, 7 months ago

I have iphone 3gs with ios 4.2.1 and ipad baseband (06.15.00), unlocked with ultrasnow. If i follow this guide and upgrade my phone to 4.3.1 will my ipad baseband be preserved? Cuz i need to unlock it with untrasnow. Another question now since 4.3.2 is out will i be able upgradw without any issues in itunes? Please reply, thanks.

Once you are on iPad baseband, you can never restore stock IPSWs. So restoring custom IPSWs will have no effect on your baseband. You can only restore custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.3.2 and if you will try to restore stock IPSW, you will be jumping into infinite recovery mode loop.

Nirujan5 years, 7 months ago

So if i follow this tutorial and create a custom IPSW, can i restore my phone with that custom IPSW? Is apple still signing 4.3.1? i mean even if i restore to custom IPSW itunes will check verify with Aplle right? IF apple isn’t signing 4.3.1 any more, how can i create 4.3.2 custom IPSW?

If you do not have iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs (You can not save them now, its little late), you can never restore custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone. You can create iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW using this guide http://bit.ly/fCtdAz but it is tethered. PwnageTool for untethered iOS 4.3.2 jailbreak will be coming anytime this week. Stay tuned.

stevenxid5 years, 8 months ago

thanks…wolverine … i used repo ultrasnow fix that make my carrier out but the signal bar still 1 …. may be must wait until this night … thx

stevenxid5 years, 8 months ago

thx wolverine i just allready fix it with snowbreeze that i forgeted to select to active the iphone (hacktivating) now is ok ….. and the menu and cydia is correct but ……… when i go to unlock with ultrasnow my signal didn”t come out just one bar only and the carrier of my phone didn’t come out ……….. how can i got the signal bar???

stevenxid5 years, 8 months ago

i have iphone 4g su i try to upgrade with ios 4.3.1 with snowbrezze 2.5 but when done my phone stuck on emergency call and i don’t have the original simcard … how can i make my 4g back to menu then i can unlock it ………… the baseband still on 01.59 . thx before

Well done Steven. Now all you need is to run Redsn0w over your current jailbreak http://bit.ly/f5RE42 (Do not forget to skip step 3 and 4 as you are already on iOS 4.3.1 with your baseband preserved)

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for your replies and help, Maverick and Wolverine. It turns out that my iPhone not booting normally after the restore with the custom IPSW didn’t matter after all. I went ahead with the next step of jailbreaking with redsn0w even with the black screen and it kicked it out and brought me back to 4.3.1, baseband preserved at 05.13.04. Thanks again for your replies.

Ahhhh! Finally :) You told me a good tip.

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

After restoring sn0wbreeze IPSW phone is stuck in black screen. How do I kick out?

Did u selected baseband preservation mode?

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

Yes I did. Then shift restored in itunes and it finished but it just stayed in black screen afterwards.

Maverick5 years, 8 months ago

Do have an iPad baseband?

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

No, before this I had baseband 5.13.04, I tried to follow this sn0wbreeze guide with baseband preservation mode to keep it and then was going to jailbreak with redsn0w. The shift+restore completed in itunes but then stayed in DFU black screen when it was supposed to boot normally.

Maverick5 years, 8 months ago

Yep! It should have booted normally. Anyhow, just use this guide to create iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW http://bit.ly/ieiJis. Leave Redsn0w method for now!

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

Tried restoring the same sn0wbreeze made IPSW and it completed again and did the same thing. Stuck in DFU mode afterwards. TinyUmbrella’s Exit recovery button is greyed out. And Recboot says there’s no devices in DFU mode. I was on a PwnageTool-made 4.0 firmware before all of this is there any way to get back to that?

Maverick5 years, 8 months ago

Yep, if you have your SHSH blobs saved. Use this guide http://bit.ly/ikAKG2

MisterQuarter5 years, 8 months ago

What caused this to happen? Reading the guide it seems the iphone should have booted normally after completing the restore but itunes still said it was in recovery mode and it went black after everything was done. Managed to restore to the same custom ipsw two or three more times but it always leads to me being stuck at a black screen. Is there anyway to get out of this without upgrading to the ipad baseband? And if something goes wrong with that then I won’t even be able to restore to a stock ipsw?

Maverick5 years, 8 months ago

No. Do not upgrade to iPad baseband because you don’t need to. Your iPhone should have booted normally like others. Well downgrade back to iOS 4.2.1 using this guide http://bit.ly/ikAKG2. Here is iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW made with PwnageTool http://bit.ly/dK5EFf Download this and restore with iTunes. Remember to use TinyUmbrella to downgrade your firmware. To do that, first put your iPhone in recovery mode (not DFU) and then click “Save SHSH” button. Once all SHSHs are saved, click on Start TSS Server. After that restore the custom IPSW i gave to you. Failing to use TinyUmbrella will result in 3194 iTunes error.

Eric5 years, 8 months ago

Is this tethered or untethered?

It will not jailbreak but will only restore stock IPSW without baseband upgradation. In other words, your iPhone will not require any software to boot.

dowsun5 years, 8 months ago

Regarding this guide, so if my iPhone 4 has baseband .02.10.04, then it doesn’t matter if I choose to preserve baseband or not, is that correct? Since I don’t have a software unlock for my iphone4 yet.

Thanks for your help.

If you will preserve your baseband then it have two advantages:
      1. iPhones with old basebands have more resale value.
      2. If you will not preserve your baseband, it will upgrade your iPhone baseband to 04.10.01. Unlock for 02.10.04 & 03.10.01 might get possible through NCK method but forget about unlocking 04.10.01 baseband in near future.

dowsun5 years, 8 months ago

Ok, thanks for the info and quick reply.

I will upgrade my iphone4 IOS from 4.1 to 4.3.1 and preserve the 02.10.04 baseband and then jailbreak the 4.3.1.

Thank you Wolverine.

dowsun5 years, 8 months ago

-is there a way to downgrade back to baseband 02.10.04 from 04.10.01? If there was a screwup in the process of restoring the iphone? …

No, there is no way to downgrade 04.10.01 to 02.10.04 at all. Also if you got any restore error, do not worry as every restore error has a fix. You will never ever brick your iPhone until you drop it in your swimming pool. Lol :D