iPhone Dev-Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13 which can be used to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 untethered on all supported iDevices except iPad 2. As reported by i0n1c himself, Apple failed to patch his untethered exploit in iOS 4.3.2, so he ported the same exploit to 4.3.2's kernel which was previously used for iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak. According to Dev-Team, PwnageTool for iOS 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak will be out sometime this week.
- iDevices Supported: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad-1
- If you rely on an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT follow this guide otherwise you will lose your unlock. If you do not want to wait for the official PwnageTool release, first use these PT bundles to upgrade your firmware to iOS 4.3.2 and then run Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13 over it to get untethered jailbreak.
- If you are previously jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2 tethered using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12, you can re-run Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13 over your existing jailbreak to go untethered.
Update#1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak
Update#2: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.6 for Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak on Windows
Update#3: Download PwnageTool 4.3.2 to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Mac OS X [Tutorial]
Update#4: Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To Guide]
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Windows & Mac Using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13:
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.2 from here.
- Download stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW for your iDevice from here.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13 for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Restore stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW on your iDevice using iTunes. To avoid iTunes error 3194, remove all gs.apple.com entries from your Windows or Mac HOSTS file.
- Launch Redsn0w.exe and click on the Browse button. Select stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW for your iDevice which you downloaded in step-2
- Wait while Redsn0w processes the firmware file. Once done, click on the Next > button to continue.
- On clicking the Next > button, Redsn0w will patch IPSW kernel.
- Choose Cydia from the jailbreak options and click on the Next > button.
- Plug your iDevice to your PC or Mac and turn it OFF completely by pressing the Power button.
- Now put your iDevice into DFU mode using the following instructions:
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
A quick tip for those who get stuck at Uploading ramdisk or Uploading kernel, just run Redsn0w in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and set its CPU affinity to 1 through Windows Task Manager.