Here is a step-by-step guide which can help you to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G and 1st-Gen iPad by using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12. If you rely on an unlocked iPhone, do NOT follow this guide otherwise you will lose your unlock until the next release of Ultrasn0w. Also note that this is a tethered jailbreak which means you must boot your iDevice into a tethered jailbroken state on every restart.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Windows & Mac with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12
- Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac from here
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12 from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.1 for your iDevice from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.2 for your iDevice from here
- Restore stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW on your iDevice through iTunes. This will upgrade your baseband to 04.10.01 on iPhone 4 and 05.16.02 on iPhone 3GS. Both of these baseband versions are yet to be unlocked by iPhone Dev-Team. So if you rely on an unlocked iPhone, do not restore to stock IPSW. If you do not rely on an unlocked iPhone, just restore stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW by using SHIFT+Restore (ALT for Mac) combination in iTunes and select iOS 4.3.2 stock IPSW for your iDevice.
- Once your iDevice has been successfully restored to stock iOS 4.3.2, launch Redsn0w.exe and click on the Browse button. Select iOS 4.3.1 IPSW for your iDevice which you downloaded in step 3.
- Now wait while Redsn0w processes the provided IPSW.
- Once IPSW has been successfully identified, click on the Next button to continue.
- Now wait while Redsn0w patches the kernel in provided IPSW.
- When Redsn0w will provide you with the jailbreak options, choose Cydia and click on the Next button.
- Plug your iDevice to your PC or Mac and turn it OFF completely by pressing the Power button.
- Now put your iDevice into DFU mode using the following instructions:
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
Update#1: Download PwnageTool bundles to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Mac OS X [Tethered]
Update#2: Download SAM to Activate iPhone Officially on iOS 4.3.2
Update#3: Enable Push Notifications & Fix YouTube Error on iOS 4.3.2 with Push Doctor
Update#4: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC13 to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 Untethered on Win/Mac
Update#5: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 Untethered on Win/Mac