Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.5 [Untethered] [How-To Guide]

Here is a detailed step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad and Apple TV 2G using Sn0wbreeze 2.5. If you are an iPod Touch or iPad user, i will recommend you to use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 instead of using Sn0wbreeze 2.5 as it will save you from many errors which you can encounter during the restore of custom IPSW through iTunes. If you are iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS user and want to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone while preserving your current baseband then this guide will help you to create and restore iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW on your iDevice.

Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Using Sn0wbreeze 2.5:

1. Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows from here
  2. Download stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad from here. If you are Apple TV 2G user, download stock iOS 4.3 IPSW for your Apple TV from here.
  3. Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5 for Windows from here
  4. Launch Sn0wbreeze tool. Click OK and Close Credits button to get started.
  5. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Main)

6. Click on the Next button and choose stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW you downloaded in step 2. You can either drag the IPSW directly into Drag an IPSW into me! section or choose it manually by clicking on the Browse button.
  7. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Select IPSW)

8. In this case, i will be jailbreaking my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1, so i will be choosing stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW for iPhone 4. To avoid any confusion, the names of iOS 4.3.1 stock IPSWs respective to your iDevices will be as follows:
  9. iPhone 4 » iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
    iPod touch 4G » iPod4,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
    iPod touch 3G » iPod3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone 3GS » iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
    iPad » iPad1,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
    Apple TV 2G » AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F202_Restore.ipsw

Select iOS 4.3.1 IPSW

10. Wait while Sn0wbreeze identify your iDevice by examining the provided IPSW.
  11. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Identifying IPSW)

12. Once IPSW has been verified, Sn0wbreeze will ask you to confirm your iDevice. Click on Next button to confirm and continue.
  13. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (IPSW Verified)

14. Now you will see the following three options. Choose Expert Mode and click on Next button to continue.
  15. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Expert Mode)

16. Click on General tab to select it and click on Next button to continue.
  17. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (General)

For iPhone 4 Users:

• Choose Activate the iPhone [Hacktivate] option if you rely on unlock or do not have official carrier SIM to activate your iPhone manually through iTunes.
    • Choose Install SSH option (Optional)
    • Choose Enable Gestures Menu option (Optional)
    • Click on the Next button to continue.

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Hacktivate)

For iPhone 3GS Users:

• Choose Install SSH option (Optional)
    • Choose Enable Gestures Menu option (Optional)
    • Click on the Next button to continue.

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (iPhone 3GS - General)

• Now Sn0wbreeze will prompt you to install iPad baseband on your iPhone. Only choose this option if your iPhone is running baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 and you want to upgrade your baseband to iPad baseband 06.15.00. After upgrading to iPad baseband, you will be able to unlock your iPhone via Ultrasn0w but you will lose your GPS functionality.

Sn0wbreeze Warning
    Sn0wbreeze (iPad Baseband Update)

• Make sure you have active internet connection if you want to update your baseband to iPad baseband. Click on the Next button to continue.

For iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad & Apple TV 2G Users:

• Choose Enable Battery-Percentage option (Optional)
    • Choose Install SSH option (Optional)
    • Choose Enable Gestures Menu option (Optional)

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (iPod Touch - iPad)

• Click on the Next button to continue.
  18. Choose Build option and click on the Next button.
  19. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Build IPSW)

20. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze creates iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW for your iDevice. Mean while you can play PacMan game for fun. You will be needing Adobe Flash Player installed in your Internet Explorer to play this game.
  21. Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Building IPSW)

22. Once custom IPSW has been created, click OK and follow the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode. At this point you can find iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW file on your desktop. To avoid any confusion, the names of iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSWs respective to your iDevices will be as follows:
  23. iPhone 4 » sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.1.ipsw
    iPhone 3GS » sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.3.1.ipsw
    iPod Touch 4G » sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 4-4.3.1.ipsw
    iPod Touch 3G » sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 3G-4.3.1.ipsw
    iPad » sn0wbreeze_iPad-4.3.1.ipsw
    Apple TV 2G » sn0wbreeze_Apple TV 2-4.3.ipsw

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Done)

• Turn off your iPhone completely
    • Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (Exploiting with Limera1n)

24. As soon as Sn0wbreeze will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will put it in Pwned DFU mode so that you may not get any 16xx or 1015 error during restore.
  25. Pwned DFU Mode

Steps to Restore iOS 4.3.1 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:

1. Now that your iDevice is in Pwned DFU Mode, you are all set to restore it. Launch iTunes and select your iDevice name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
  2. iPhone Name in iTunes

3. Now hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Restore button. iTunes will prompt you to browse for the IPSW you want to restore. Select iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW on your desktop and click Open button to start the restore process.
  4. iTunes Restore
    iTunes iOS 4.3 Restore

5. Do not do anything silly while iTunes is restoring iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware on your iDevice. Once done, your iDevice will reboot automatically.
  6. As this is an untethered jailbreak, so you do not need to use iBooty or TetheredBoot Utility to boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state.

Ultrasn0w?

Ultrasn0w is broken on iOS 4.3.1. MuscleNerd will push official Ultrasn0w fix for iOS 4.3.1 as Cydia package update within next 24-hours. Do NOT install Ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia as the current version of Ultrasn0w is not compatible with iOS 4.3.1. I'll be updating this post as soon as Ultrasn0w for iOS 4.3.1 is available in Cydia. Stay tuned!

Update#1: Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.1 [Unofficial]
Update#2: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 [Fixes iTunes 1002 & 37 Error, Boot Logos, Cydia 1.1.1, DFU Instructions & Afc2 for ATV2G]

Enable Push Notifications, Install AppSync & Fix YouTube:

If you rely on a hacktivated iDevice, you'll find that Push Notifications and stock YouTube app is not working after the restore. To fix them, you can either use this guide to install SAM or this guide to install Push Doctor from Insanelyi repo. Once Push Notifications and YouTube app is fixed, use this guide to install AppSync for iOS 4.3.1.

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Mac OS X
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5 for Windows
Download stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen
Download iOS 4.2.1 (Build 8F202) for Apple TV 2G [Direct Link]

Recommended Read:

RenOh4 years, 9 months ago

i have unlocked and jailbreak my iphone 3gs ver 4.1 but still my sim wont work.. by the way.. its SOFTBANK.. does this work on softbank iphone 3gs phones?

nader4 years, 11 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have downgraded my iOS 4.3.5 to 4.1 with redsnow
    then I wanted to unlock it, and I have installed the ipad baseband on my device but now when I go into informations everything is blank in baseband or carrier/wifi. It is not written 06.15
    And I can’t do any restore with itunes, did anyone had the same problem or the solution to fix this?
    I have a 3gs iphone

Your BB chip is damaged. Its a hardware issue with the baseband chip of your iPhone. Neither iTunes nor the device itself will be able to gather any info from the BB chip of your device due to a missing IMEI/MAC Address. Your chip will no longer function & you’ll loose the functionality of your BT, Wi-Fi & the ability to make calls as well. If your still under warranty, make sure you take it to the local Apple Store ASAP.

ptiguss5 years ago

Hello Pramod,

First, many thanks for your assistance. I tried with Redsn0w.
    1. I restored the correct OS via official iTunes upgrade
    2. Download redsn0w_mac_0.9.8b1 – 4 – 5 – 7 and try to change the OS from iPhone2,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore and iPhone2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.
    3. And every time the same message appears on the iPhone “mounting rootfs as read-only ERRORS!”

I don’t know what I can try, have you got an idea?

Many thanks

Pramod5 years ago

All you need to do is simply point Redsn0w0.9.8b7 to iOS 4.3.5 alone & then continue with the JB. The post was an old & Redsn0w version specific one.

ptiguss5 years ago

I don’t know why but when I load the customized file (created by snowbreeze) in iTunes,I get this f*** error 3194 … and nothing to do …
    I’ve try a lot of different solution to solve this probleme and … no way!

I tried with “iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8_G4_restore.ipsw” because it’s the version who’s working with snowbreeze 2.5.1, because the 3.1 version downloaded on felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ (recommended by snowbreeze) but snowbreeze doesn’t recognize it ??????

iphone 3GS
    baseband
    05.16.02-6.4_M3S2
    Firware
    4.3.5

now crashed just get the apple logo with loading icons on it …
    HHHEEELLLPPPP

Pramod5 years ago

You now need to have the 4.3.3 SHSH to restore your device. You should have it saved already either by Cydia / TU. W/o that, its impossible to restore your device, esp if its a brand new one. Check if you have any saved by jailbreaking 4.3.5 first with Redsn0w & then firing up Cydia & having a look here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW to see if you have any listed. Follow this guide for the jailbreak http://bit.ly/qIx1LZ.

Free_Lancer5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks Pramod! Will give it a shot and let you know.

Free_Lancer5 years, 1 month ago

I was out of the Iphone scene for a while and have just returned :) Have a 3Gs with 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 used blackra1n to JB/Unlock – works fine. Can someone save me the hassel and give me what exctaly i need to do to update. Should I update just IOS or BaseBand aswell?

What should I do to move/copy all existing IPAs (some for games for 3.1.3 and UP)?

Currently Cydia only shows SHSH upto 4.2.1+ why is that? Seems the world is sitting at 4.3.3 currently?

Welcome back !! Guess you have missed alot of fun here.
      Right now, the latest iOS version is 4.3.5 which is still a tethered JB. So since you have saved the SHSH blobs for your device upto iOS 4.3.3, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 to create a custom IPSW & restore to that jailbroken & preserving your BB at the same time. Read this http://bit.ly/mbFORU.

Antonio Silva5 years, 2 months ago

I am getting Error 3194 when restoring snowbreeze iOP 4.3.1 on ITunes. what can i do? I have an Ipod touch 4

You need SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.1 on Cydia if you want to restore to an earlier version. Since Apple doesn’t sign it anymore, only if you have them saved you can restore to it or any other earlier versions of the iOS.

Leo5 years, 2 months ago

Ohh.. my bad.. Thnx a lot for your quick reply.. Will try today, Thnx again.

Leo5 years, 2 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

My Iphone 3GS is of 4.3.1 running on baseband 05:16:02, I have gone through http://jaxov.com/2011/04/how-to-jailbreak-ios-4-3-1-on-windows-using-sn0wbreeze-2-5 thread & got that we can jailbreak & unlock it by upgrading it to Ipad baseband.

But my concern is at point 10 : we have having a note that “Only choose this option if your iPhone is running baseband 05.14.02 or 05.15.04 and you want to upgrade your baseband to iPad baseband 06.15.00” will it be a problem if continue or pls help me to get the appropriate thread so that i can unlock my iphone

Thnx in advance
    Leo

What you have read is right. If you want to unlock your iP3GS, you’ll need to tick the Install iPad BB option within SB. Your not reading the latest article and hence the confusion. Follow this tutorial instead http://bit.ly/jVI3cT and make sure you have downloaded the latest SB 2.7.3 (iOS 4.3.3) as well from the same post.

tato5 years, 3 months ago

i have a problem….. itunes error 1002 why??? solution??? i use guide with ultrasn0w and firmware 4.3.1 !!!!! help me

Error 1002 is an h/w issue because your BaseBand seems to not work anymore. You’ll loose any Phone/Wi-Fi/BT functionality as a result. Missing MAC address will be the first symptom. I would suggest you to immediately take it to the nearest Apple stores to get it checked out. This issue cannot be resolved by any s/w restore.

Ronik5 years, 4 months ago

Hi

When Dev Team is expecting to release the Downgrade of the iPad BB?
    Is there any chance in future to unlock the iPhone 3GS with 05.16.02 BB?
    I don’t want to keep my phone as a Paper Weight on my Desk for long time.. :)
    Please revert Wolverine. :)(Don’t say ‘Very Soon’)
    Checking Updates almost everyday..

— Ronik

Ultrasn0w will never EVER unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.01 or 05.16.02 baseband. Sherif Hashim already friend his iPhone http://bit.ly/jiQVle in an attempt to downgrade iPad bb. Only hope left is from MuscleNerd http://bit.ly/jpSLgc who never care to reply to me on Twitter :/

Ronik5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for the Reply.

A Dumb question:
        Can I downgrade my iPhone BB to my Previous BB OR to any BB which can be unlocked? (Other than iPad BB)

I know I’m stupid but everyday I’m just carrying my 3GS to see Contact details.

Okie… Suppose In future even if Unlock comes… then do I need to upgrade my BB to iPad BB & then downgrade again to iPhone BB?

Patrick5 years, 3 months ago

Nops. Right now its not possible. Yes, if in future the unlock comes, you will still need to upgrade to iPad bb. For more info, read conclusion here http://bit.ly/hgfKdx

md5 years, 4 months ago

hi i have jailborken iPhone 4 with snowbreeze and my version is 4.3.3 . i am having the problem of 1 bar signal and its not unlocked.pls help me

Rod Jr5 years, 4 months ago

I have an Iphone 3GS running with firmware 04.05.04, which is not very good – it has reception problems and the gps sucks. how do i update to the baseband 05.13.04 in order to unlock and later do the upgrade suggested in this page to iOS 4.3.1?

Thanks in advance. All the best

To get 05.13.04 bb, you must restore to stock iOS 4.0 IPSW http://bit.ly/fDJQkV To restore stock iOS 4 firmware, you’ll be needing iOS 4.0 SHSH blobs. If you have iOS 4.0 SHSH blobs then restore stock iOS 4.0 IPSW on your iPhone 3GS using TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/fK073B Once done, use the above guide to upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs (You need SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.1 in this case) or simply restore iOS 4.3.3 (Without SHSH blobs) http://bit.ly/mS19Kt

Ronik5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine,
    Sorry If I’m posting in wrong section.
    I have updated iOS of my iPhone 3GS.
    Now its currently 4.3.3 but my baseband is 05.16.02.
    I have jailbreak the same with sn0wbreeze but unable to unlock the same.
    I don’t want to update it to 06.15.00 due to GPS issue.

Kindly help. Thanks in Advance.

Without upgrading to iPad baseband http://bit.ly/jF037W there is no way to unlock your iPhone.

Ronik5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for the Reply.
        I knew that it wont be possible without upgrading to iPad BB but then I won’t again downgrade it till the Dev team finds the solution.
        How reliable it is to upgrade to iPad BB? Is it worth taking such Risk?
        After JB I tried with Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. As ususal it didn’t unlock the iphone.
        A bit research and I found ‘Limera1n’.I tried it on my iPhone.
        After proper procedure the iPhone was searching for the Network. It goes for sometime & then it displays “No Service”.
        BUT..
        In Settings – I can see the ‘Carrier’ after ‘Location Services’ which earlier was not there.

I again installed Ultrasnow but then I lost that ‘Carrier’ option in the Settings.
        Again I tried with the ‘Limera1n’. It Rain & again the Iphone was searching for the Network but after some time again ‘No Service’.

Could you Help me on this? (Sorry for Long post)

Lol. Yep, its because your iPhone is locked. Its searches for legitimate carrier but fails to find it. Again you need to upgrade to iPad baseband to unlock your iPhone. Yes, there are some cases in people failed to unlock their iPhones even after upgrading to iPad baseband but there are some people who managed to unlock their iPhone as well as preserve the working of their GPS. It all depends on luck and is definitely risky.

juan ogbe she5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks a lot for the information. i can Jailbreak and unlock my IPHONE 3GS iOS 4.3.1 Baseband 6.15.02 on Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.51

Baseband 6.15.02? This never existed. Do you mean 06.15.00 or 05.16.02?

gmax5 years, 4 months ago

hye wolverine..thanks for the tutorial

i have 3gs 4.2.1 baseband 6.15 and would like to upgrade to 4.3.1
    this is my first try and i never done jb before, so correct me if im wrong..

id follow the tutorial above and i realised that id skipped step 10 because earlier i found another tutorial similar to the above but without step 10. id downloaded ios 4.3.1 and used snowbreeze 2.5.1 to build custom ipsw.

the snowbreeze step went fine, but when i want to restore using itunes, error 3194 occurs..how do i solve this?

Download Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 from here http://bit.ly/j6DplQ and follow this guide http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on your iPhone. Error 3194 means you do not have SHSH blobs to restore iOS 4.3.1 firmware. I will recommend you to use iOS 4.3.3 instead as it do not require you to have SHSH blobs and fixes many bugs which were present in iOS 4.3.1. To download iOS 4.3.3 for your iPhone 3GS, use this link http://bit.ly/mS19Kt

As your iPhone already has iPad baseband, so there is no need to choose upgrade to iPad baseband option while creating iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3.

gmax5 years, 4 months ago

thanks for the quick reply! :) i dont have my ip with me now as i left it in my home..i want to ask, my phone is currently in dfu mode, can i create the new custom ipsw using snowbreeze 2.7.3 with iphone in dfu mode? and will ultrasnow works with 4.3.3?

Yes you can create and restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW on your iPhone 4 but you will not be able to unlock your iPhone because Ultrasn0w can not unlock ur baseband. Ultrasn0w DO works on iOS 4.3.3 but it can only unlock iPhone 4 01.59.00 baseband. iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband and you can unlock it using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3.

Correction: I thought you have iPhone 4 with 02.10.01 baseband. Sorry i confused you with someone else!

gmax5 years, 4 months ago

Oh really..do you have any suggestion to make my ip unlockable by using other method? or maybe i should have stay using ios 4.2.1? because i rely on unlock to use my ip :(

Yes you can. See the changes in my last reply. I thought you have iPhone 4 with 02.10.01 baseband. Lol

gmax5 years, 4 months ago

lol, im just about to give up..hehe..thanks anyway! i will try soon i arrived home :)

gmax5 years, 4 months ago

i did what u said n thanks man! it works! ur the saviour! :)

Glad that it worked for you :D

2big2boom5 years, 4 months ago

Hey .. first of all thx wolverine ..

Now to the problem .. i had a 3GS iphone with a 05.16.02 baseband .. which is pretty bad considering i need an unlock .. so i checked this link and did all the steps .. and got stuck in a loop .. everytime i restore with itunes i either get error 1002 or 1600 .. and it been going on for 3 hours .. the thing is .. it downloads all the way i c it until it finishes .. when its done .. the bitten snowflake comes up .. and then screen goes white ..

So .. what now ?

Once you have got iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW, use iREB to fix all 16xx errors http://bit.ly/i9HUGL Once your iPhone is in Pwned DFU mode, restore the custom IPSW using iTunes. Also note that to restore iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW, you need iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs for your iPhone.

2big2boom5 years, 4 months ago

sorry i 4got 2 mention that .. but i used ireb and i did all that .. i still get error 1002 and 1600 ..

abt the ios 4.3.1 SHSH blobs from my iphone .. i have no idea what i’m supposed 2 do .. in ireb there’s the shsh grabber .. is that what i’m supposed to do ?

Nahhh. Leave everything. Just use this guide http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu to create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 and restore it with iTunes. In this case, you do not need SHSH blobs.

2big2boom5 years, 4 months ago

ok .. i’ll try it and get back 2 u .. thank u ..

btw it’ll unlock my phone right ?

It will help in unlock only if you install iPad baseband during the jailbreak procedure. iPhone 3GS baseband 05.16.02 is not directly unlockable using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3.

garry5 years, 4 months ago

hi..i´ve a iphone 3gs 4.1 bb 05.16.01..old bootrom,,..i wana unlock it..so finally i decided to upgrade ipad bb..but i´ve a differnt problem…redsn0w n snowbreeze are unable to reconise the ipsw files..i trired aalot od diffents ipsw from diffents webs…but everytime they r unable..i cant start the whole process,,any suggestions???

Tell me the complete filename of IPSW you are trying to provide to Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze. Also tell me its size!

garry5 years, 4 months ago

iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore(401mb),
        iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore (401 mb),
        iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore (423mb)
        iPhone2_1_4.3_8F190_Custom_Restore(Activated)Old BootRoom(430mb)
        iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore_iPhone_Blogr_2(379mb)(this one is istalled to my iphone currently..itunes accepts this ipsw easily but redsn0w n sn0wbreeze can´t accept this file also.
        iPhone2_1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw (401mb)(this one is downloded by download manager so it downloaded becomes zip file n i renamed it tp a ipsw but also not works)
        ,,, n i´ve some other ipsw also but all have same problem..i dont think so there is problem in ipsw and is programs bac i tried diffents versions of redsn0w n snowbreze also…i jus cant understand …

All are either iOS 4.2.1 IPSWs or iOS 4.3 IPSWs (None of them is iOS 4.3.1 IPSW). Just download stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW from here and provide this to Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w.

IPSW: http://bit.ly/md0U14
          Sn0wbreeze: http://bit.ly/klvJXd
          Redsn0w: http://bit.ly/f5RE42

garry5 years, 4 months ago

thx mate… finally i used this redsn0w and it works fine…but i was unable to use ipsw send by u..but i used (iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore),,,now my 3gs is unlocked,,n m happy cuz grs also works fine…
            my status is now,,

version –4.1 (8B117)
            bb,,,–06.15.00

is this ok or still i can make it better??

thx for help-

n is the all redsn0w n sn0wbreeze programs r diffent for diffents firmwares?? or these r jus updates???

Yep, every version of Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze is only valid for jailbreaking certain firmwares on certain iDevices. Sn0wbreeze helps you to preserve your current baseband while Redsn0w do not help you to preserve your current baseband. So Sn0wbreeze is for unlockers and Redsn0w is for those who do not care for baseband upgradation.

someone5 years, 4 months ago

if my iphone 3gs is already jailbroken on 4.3.1 BB 05.16.02 can i use this snowbreeze and nothing will happen to my iphone??

You must have iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs to restore your iPhone again. If you restore iOS 4.3.2 stock or custom IPSW, you won’t need SHSH blobs. In either way, nothing will happen to your iPhone unless there is a hardware failure!

peter5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I have a 3g iphone with bb 4.3.1 05.16.02 I have understood that in order to release the bb I have to go to the 06.15.00, somebody can explain how. thanks

pedro5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I have a 3G iphone with 4.3.1 and I baseband 05.16.02 steps to update my baseband but at no time asked me to change the baseband and directs me to another window and starts all over again, I’m doing wrong? or s my baseban can actuazar? Thanks who can help me

I think you mean iPhone 3GS as iOS 4.3.1 do not support iPhone 3G. If you will choose SIMPLE MODE, sn0wbreeze will not ask you to upgrade to iPad baseband. You need to chose Expert mode in step 9. Another possibility is that you are providing Sn0wbreeze with iOS 4.3.1 IPSW of iPhone 4 or iPodTouch etc (NOT iPhone 3GS). FYI Sn0wbreeze 2.6 is already out for iOS 4.3.2 JB http://bit.ly/gBOM7o

Joel5 years, 5 months ago

i used this instruction but i end up in dfu mode after the restore..please help me..black screen dfu mode..tnx

You tried to update your iPhone 3GS to iPad baseband?

cameron5 years, 5 months ago

hey i have a 3gs firmware 4.3 baseband 5.16.01 can i just use snowbreeze or will I have to upgrade or downgrade my phone

You can use Sn0wbreeze provided that you have saved iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs.

Pure5 years, 5 months ago

I was getting a 1002 error on my iPhone 3GS and so I followed this guide to fix it. After going through through the jailbreak process my phone no longer has a cellphone signal or wi-fi. When I searched in youtube, I found this possible solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhdDCA8ntNQ Will this work for me?

What is your baseband http://bit.ly/95CX7y and what is your current firmware version http://bit.ly/g2rNWx?

Pure5 years, 5 months ago

my firmware is 4.3.1 (8G4)
        baseband/modem firmware now shows blank :(
        WiFi grayed out. No ICCID, etc.

Ahhh! That is because of some HW error. You need to restore again or downgrade back to iOS 4.2.1. Many people already reported this issue on their iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3.1.

Pure5 years, 5 months ago

It turns out that I need to have an shsh backup to downgrade, and dont have one. (Just now learning what is is). Aside from the missing signal/wifi, its now restarting randomly. Sigh… its starting to sound more and more like my iphone is going to be a paperweight.

What is your baseband and do you rely on an unlock or not?

Pure5 years, 5 months ago

Before all the errors started, I *think* my baseband was 05.14.something. This was before I went through the jailbreak process. I cant tell for sure now what the baseband is because its not showing up. Here is a screenshot: http://i51.tinypic.com/2jdkolw.jpg

If you do not rely on unlock, simply restore the stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW to solve this issue!

Pure5 years, 5 months ago

Forgot to mention — I don’t need my iphone to be unlocked.

Rod Jr5 years, 5 months ago

I’m sorry, it is not clear to me if the sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 preserves the unlock.
    My Iphone 3GS is running with ios 4.0 jailbroke and unloked, it’s baseband is 05.13.04 and have no original SIM to unlock using itunes (bought it Shanghai). So, if you follow the steps above, will i still have it unlocked or do i will have to do extra steps to have it unlocked?
    How do run sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 (Baseband Preservation Mode) together with redsnow to do the ios 4.3.1 jailbreak and have still preserve the unlocked condition?

Hope my question is clear and not too stupid. Thanks in advance.

Rod jr

Sn0wbreeze always preserves your baseband. Yes Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 to jailbreak your iPhone and then use Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 http://bit.ly/i7A1MD to unlock it on iOS 4.3.1.

Rod Jr5 years, 5 months ago

Thank you! All the best.

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

Hi I’am trying to this procedure with my IPHONE 3GS New Bootrom but iam getting an Itunes error That it could not restore it unkown error 1600. Pls can some oe help me??

keezee5 years, 5 months ago

THANKS A LOT. THIS REALLY HELPED ME.

* FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING ERRORS pls make sure that u turn off the phone then connect to itunes, hold down power n home key, after 6-7 sec release power key n hold down home key for next 10 sec until itunes pop up.

This if u get error keep on doing the same.

THANKS AGAIN IT HELPED ME A LOT. IM JAILBROKEN NOW :)))

JP5 years, 5 months ago

This tutorial should have a warning for those still on baseband 1.59.00 as you will get only one bar of cell signals after the update. There is a compatibility issue with firmware 4.3.1 and baseband 1.59.00. Please note that reception won,t be affected. You will be able to make and receive call as well as using DATA but the iphone will report only 1 bar for the signal strength. The Dev-team are aware of this and they’re supposed to make a fix for this…soon I hope

Thankyou JP but i have mentioned this fact under Ultrasn0w? heading!

JP5 years, 5 months ago

Wolverine,

I don’t see this at all. I mean the part that after the update on 1.59.00 baseband your phone will have only 1 bar as a cell signals! That is true whether you are using Using Ultrasn0w or not. This is has nothing to do with ultrasn0w nor the jailbreak itself. It’s simply an incompatibility between firmware 4.3.1 and baseband 1.59.00

The dev-team will fix this AND the ultrasn0w but these are TWO completely different things.

There is currently no tutorial out there who mention this. All Jailbreakers update and proceed only to find out afterwards of the signal bar issue.

Please keep in mind that this is only cosmetic since all communication and data work fine but I guess most users (including me) would prefer to know this before updating.

Finally, my first post was brute. I totally forgot to complement you for your tuto. It is well done

JP

Have you tried these http://bit.ly/hY3x85 unofficial Ultrasn0w fixers?

JP5 years, 5 months ago

Again, this has nothing to do with Ultrasn0w. I don’t even need ultrasn0w since my iPhone 4 is factory unlocked. In my case I can even upgrade with the stock firmware and then jailbreak but I wish to keep my original 1.59.00 baseband which seem incompatible with 4.3.1 firmware. Whether you jailbreak or not your iphone, if you are on baseband 1.59.00 and upgrade to 4.3.1 firmware (even stock) while preserving your baseband either with TinyUmbrella ou Snowbreeze, you will experience this issue.

The Ultrasn0w fixer is only for those who rely on Ultrasn0w (unofficial carrier) to use their phone

Signal bar issue has been fixed. Update is on its way http://bit.ly/efPmXs

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

first off sorry for my bad english.

No I use this tutorial to make custom firmware but as I said I can’t restore firmware made by Sn0wbreeze 2.5 (error 37). Afer this I used Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta and now I have 4.3.1 firmware on my iphone. I successfuly restored custom 4.3.1 firmware made by Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta. I used this tutorila but changed Sn0wbreeze 2.5 to Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta.

So my question is: After this Have I latest untethered 4.3.1 firmware or I must use Sn0wbreeze 2.5 to have it?

Once you have iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone, just use this guide and skip step 3 and 4. After Redsn0w, you will have fully untethered jailbroken iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1. Do not use Sn0wbreeze 2.5 as many iPhone 3GS users reported that they are getting error 37 while restoring.

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

I compiled a custom firmware and trying to restore it I getting error 37. Any idea?

Error 37 means damaged bundle file. Well i am going to tell you an easy workaround. Just use this guide to preserve your current baseband and then use this guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iDevice with Redsn0w.

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

I have iPad baseband 06.15.00 on my 3gs. When I install custom firmware made by Sn0wbreeze 2.5, I getting error 37 and if I use Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta I can restore custom firmware. I think it’s Sn0wbreeze 2.5 bug, not sure but it’s fact that I can restore Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta firmware and unable to restore Sn0wbreeze 2.5 firmware.

Just use “Baseband Preservation Mode” of Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 and use Redsn0w over it to get untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak on your iPhone!

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

ok but now I have Custom firmware which i made via Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta and it’s not untethered 4.2.1 ios?

What? You made iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1? That is not possible because Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 do not accept iOS 4.2.1 stock IPSW. You mean iOS 4.3.1? If yes then you made iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW using baseband preservation mode?