Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How-To Guide]

After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 4.3.2 with Redsn0w or PwnageTool, you can install Installous on your iDevice to try premium App Store apps for free. The apps you download from Installous are called cracked apps because their DRM has been trimmed to make them run on all jailbroken iDevices. Syncing these cracked apps with iTunes require AppSync which automatically gets installed with Installous app.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/19/2013: Hackulous source is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.

Download Installous Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

Steps to Install Installous 4.4.1 on All iDevices Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2:

1. Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
  2. Cydia iOS 4.3.2 Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

3. Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section.
  4. Cydia Manage Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]
    Cydia Sources Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

5. Tap on Edit button on the top-right followed by a tap on Add button on the top-left. Enter http://cydia.hackulo.us/ as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
  6. Hackulous Address Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

7. Now wait while Cydia updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Return to Cydia button.
  8. Cydia Downlod Packages Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

9. Tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type Installous 4 in the search field.
  10. Cydia Search Installous Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

11. Select Installous 4 from the search results and tap on Install button on the top-right to install Installous on your iDevice.
  12. Installous 4.4.1 Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

13. AppSync for 4.0+ and Installous 4 sums upto ~11 MB disk-space
  14. Installous AppSync Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

15. Click on Confirm button on the top-right to install AppSync and Installous app.
  16. Installous Installation Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

17. Once installation is complete, tap on the Return to Cydia button and then press the Home button to exit Cydia. Now you can find Installous app on your Springboard.
  18. Installous 4.4 Install Installous 4.4.1 on iOS 4.3.2 From Hackulous Repo [How To Guide]

If for some reason you are unable to install Installous or AppSync from Hackulous repo, you can install it manually by downloading the DEB files from here. Once you got hold of Installous and AppSync DEB files, follow this guide to install them with/without SSH access.

Update#1: Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To]
Update#2: Fix Installous API Unavailable & API Permission Denied Error [How-To Guide]

Also Check Out:

Dabs2 years, 1 month ago

Pls I don’t have the cydia app and I dunno how to get it. Just restored my iPad and I lost all my apps, now am totally lost. Don’t even know if it’s still jail broken. Pls what di I do?

Mohamed galal2 years, 1 month ago

Done and great

SALAM11542 years, 6 months ago

The only way that you can

Marcelo Cypriano Rosa2 years, 7 months ago

Just AWESOME ! Thank’s Alpha-Dog !!
    After a LOT of hours (all night long), finally Worked (iPad2) !!
    I guess it’s a kind of “bug” happening with some people (like me !)
    The solution for those that “stucked” on that scren “absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by…” and ALSO doenst work the VPN trick, follow Alpha-Dog tips:
    * RESTORE (manual FIRMWARE restore, not BACKUP restore), to do that, just configure as NEW device, so you’ll be able to Shift+Click on RESTORE option (iTunes)
    * Manual search the Firmware File (download first of course) and RESTORE
    * Configure the initial settings as NEW device, region, language and most important, the DATA Connection (Wireless/Mobile)
    * Run Absinthe (v0.3 or v.02 both works)
    * Plug Device
    * Wait All Process
    * On “Almost Done” (last screen), just Slide (Unlock) Device and Click “Absinthe” App
    Just This !
    BTW, you can now restore your last correct BACKUP at iTunes !

Lalasy812 years, 7 months ago

after I followed step 4, its says cached failure and sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)…what to do?

Rothea2 years, 8 months ago

I got ipas2 with 4.3.5 can you help me to jailbreak for free ?

Patrick2 years, 8 months ago

The only way that you can jailbreak your iPad 2 is with iOS 4.3.3.

adeel mumtaz2 years, 10 months ago

Hey everyone!

i have factory unlocked Iphone 4 and i upgraded it to IOS 5 from the itunes. now i need to have installous in it so that i can enjoy free cracked apps. i need to know how to install it and is it necessary to jail break it ? i have no idea what to do.

Yes, you need to jailbreak your device in order to run Installous / AppSync. So first JB your device tethered & then follow this guide.

Drask2 years, 10 months ago

About my last comment about downloading apps in the ipod touch then sync them to my ipad i meant cracked apps, lets says angry birds, cut the rope etc, i want to get them free in My ipod touch and then sync them to my ipad 2 since it cannot be jailbroken, is it possible?

Nope. Not until your iPad 2 is running a jailbroken iOS.

Vera2 years, 10 months ago

Is there any applications via cydia that will let me update my downloaded games from installous?

I guess not, but the AppStore app should be sending out update notifications for your cracked apps if they are available right? Not quite sure about it though.

Drask2 years, 10 months ago

Hey I got an Ipad 2 with iOS 5, i know i cant jailbreak it, but i got an ipod touch that’s jailbroken, can I download free apps from the ipod touch then sync then to my ipad 2?

If your talking about jailbroken apps, then absolutely not because the iPad2 still needs to be jailbroken to sync them back. You always need to download iPad2 compatible apps.

Elle2 years, 10 months ago

How can I register to iTunes without using credit card?please help..thnaks

Yes, you can. Open up the AppStore page inside iTunes & try downloading any of the FREE apps like Facebook or any other. On clicking on the app, it opens up a dialog box asking you to either Login or create a new Sign-In a/c. Choose the Create a New iTunes a/c & continue. Once you have entered in all the necessary details, move to the next page & then under the Payment Method select None. That’s it.

Elle2 years, 11 months ago

I just bought a new iPad 2 w the version 4.3.5
    How can I jailbreak it. Please send me links..thank you….

You cannot & not until a jailbreak is out for the iOS 5 itself.

Ejay2 years, 11 months ago

How can i install installous? I dont have internet on my ipod touch.

Dennis2 years, 11 months ago

Am I able to update my app which I downloaded from installous

I believe not because the updates would then come from the AppStore & not Installous itself. You will need to download the updates separately from Installous itself.

madhav3 years ago

hey m using factory unlocked iphone4 ..i updated it to latest version of 4.3.5…afterwards i m unable to install apps on it due error 0xE8008001….plz suggest what to do…..m not having cydia nor installous on my device

Pramod3 years ago

You need to first jailbreak your device & then install Installous on your device. Only then will you be able to sync your cracked apps. onto your device via iTunes.

Otep3 years ago

Does this work with ios 4.3.1 or do I have to upgrade to 4.3.2? Also I jailbroke my iPod touch 4g using JailbreakMe 3.0, will this work with it?

Thanks!

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, this will definitely work for iOS 4.3.1 as well. You need not update.

Jared3 years ago

Hey guys. Everytime i try to download from fileape it auto crashes installous. It never used to do that before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jared

Jimmy3 years, 1 month ago

ok, thats the thing i cant find the songs on my iphone library so i dont know how to delete them, by any chance do you know where the music is located if i do it thru winSCP? that would help and mostlikely be able to connect my iphone to my itunes again.

Nope, unfortunately Apple organizes them in a very weird way. So WinSCP won’t work. So you might want to use a 3rd party s/w like TuneAid to browse through your music library and delete them.

Jimmy3 years, 1 month ago

yes i remove the app and repsring my phone, i also removed the cache folder that stayed in the phone thru winscp, i also removed all my tweaks i had installed from cydia and my itunes still cant read my iphone so i just installed my tweaks back, i am sure that it was once i installed that app from cydia that my phone cant be read via itunes, bcuz the night before i installed mewseek, i had backed up my iphone4 and put new music, then i download mewseek and got 2 songs via the app and then itunes wouldnt read my iphone anymore. by any chance you know another program that allows me to add n delete music to my iphone.

Yep, that’s your issue right there. Delete those 2 songs that you got from Mewseek from your iPod’s library & retry.

Jimmy3 years, 1 month ago

i want to thank you guys so much, i thought i would never be able to update my cracked apps anymore, but after googling my problem, you where the 1st result to appear on my google search and help resolve my problem, removing n reinstalling installous/appsync worked for me, know i was wondering if you could help me with my other main problem, itunes cannot detect my iPhone4(carrier:VZW iOS4.2.6) after i installed a cracked version of mewseek, i always get a “itunes cannot read content on iphone please restore your device” and i dont want to restore my device, i hope you can help me with this problem, thank you in advance.

Well, did you try uninstalling that app and try? Are you sure that you started facing this issue only after installing this app and nothing else?

Fawaz3 years, 1 month ago

Hello,
    I jailbreaked my iTouch 4.3.4 with redsn0w, i installed installous from hackulos but its icon wont show on home page and the appstore keeps loading. Any idea?
    And thankss

Joey3 years, 1 month ago

Guys!

Installous is dead! doesnt work anymore 24/7!
    Try the other web-base appz sites. Extra step the .IPA to SSH over to phone – but works reliably. Forget about installous!!

mitchell3 years, 1 month ago

HEEEELP I have a jailbroken ipod touch and I need help I try to add the source (http://cydia.hacklous.us) onto cydia and it goes through & it says that there are some things with error codes then some yellow text comes up and then it stops and then I have to go back to cydia and it is there so I go into the source but there aint anything there

Delete the Hackulo repo and add it back once again into the sources. If it errors out again, then its probably Hackulo’s server that’s failing to load. But everything seems to be working just fine here.

George3 years, 1 month ago

PLEASE HELP.

I jailbroke my phone today. had done it before and then taken it off. everything was fine, the multi tasking and backgrounds and things i had downloaded before all came back…however when i try to download free apps it says either API unavailable or IPA failed…so ive looked it up and done the whole uninstall of installous and app sync and reinstalled and rebooted…but it still says the same thing. ideas? please and thanks

A possible issue with the Installous servers faced by many users since yesterday. Read other comments as well.

James3 years, 1 month ago

hey there. once apps are downloaded from installus if it needs updating it shows up it the app store to update. will you be charged if you update it via the appstore?

Go and download the latest version of the same app from Installous. Just ignore what the AppStore has to say. The AppStore installation of the same could charge you when it finds out that you haven’t actually bought the app.

Hamdan3 years, 1 month ago

I want to download games from her please

PharrGyi_Singapore3 years, 2 months ago

Please try the following.. hope it helps..
    You can clear your cache or cookies in ‘Settings’, ‘Safari’

If that doesn’t help, pls try the following…

‘Settings’, then ‘carrier’, unchecked ‘Automatic’,

wait for a while to see all the available service providers just below ‘Automatic’ function, then choose ur? service provider manually.. e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, SingTel, StarHub,etc.. then **’REBOOT’**(//##important##//*)..

NOTE (important) : you may still need to switch between ‘Automatic’ and ‘Manual’ carrier mode since you may still encounter the same issue while you are in ‘Manual’ carrier mode. Just switch them vice versa..

if you think your service provider’s 3G is not powerful enough, please try to install ‘My3G Cracked’ from SinfuliPhone.. It makes ur iphone thinks 3G as WiFi.. hv fun..

ladiko933 years, 2 months ago

Instalous installed ipa files do not work please help

If your facing the Invalid IPA issue for every IPA that you download off Installous, follow this guide http://bit.ly/jzdNdd to resolve it. :)

Omar3 years, 2 months ago

I downloaded the navigation app Waze from installous. It’s version 1.3.0. A friend of mine downloaded the same from Android market and it’s version 2.3.5.1. Are the apps upgraded in installous?

Omar, it depends on the platform specific versions of Waze. May be for the iOS its still at 1.3.0 and may not have released a newer version. Installous hosts apps that are uploaded by different users. So you’ll need to browse across to see the latest version and download the same. Else Google is always your friend to get the updated apps as well. :)

MAK3 years, 3 months ago

Is it possible to download apps to a computer and transfer them to the iPhone subsequently??

Yep! It is much possible. You can download cracked IPAs from http://apptrackr.org/ and install them through iTunes. I am assuming that you have already installed AppSync on your iPhone.

MAK3 years, 3 months ago

Yes I have. Thanks Wolverine!

mike3 years, 3 months ago

My installous apps worked pretty fine for most of the past 3 weeks. Now many are crashing, and I cant seem to find a fix. What do I do?

It crashes when you as soon as you tap on the Download button? Right?

mike3 years, 3 months ago

no. I’m way past that. I can’t open it off the springboard. For example, I cant get past the load screen with that green science vial in CUT THE ROPE. It’s incredibly frustrating to say the least.

Tried to re-install Installous through Hackulous repo? Also note that without AppSync, you can not launch any jailbroken app on your iPhone.

Asif3 years, 4 months ago

I am getting this error while installing application through itunes “The application “WhatsApp” was not install on the iPhone” because of unknown error occurred (0xE8008001)”

And getting invalid ipa when installing from Installous 4.4.1 and appsync 4.0+ is installed.

Kindly tell me why is the issue occurring. i have factory unlocked iPhone and have iOS 4.3.2 installed on it.

I am not able to figure the problem out. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Asif3 years, 4 months ago

I fixed the error of invalid IPA. all because of your help Wolverine thank you. :) :)

Just uninstall Installous and all AppSync from your iPhone. Reinstall Installous from Hackulous repo and make sure the only AppSync installed is from Hackulous repo http://bit.ly/mp2Zkz

Asif3 years, 3 months ago

THANK YOU WOLVERINE!!!

Drkngl3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks I’ll pay more attention next time and wait, in case that was what was wrong.

drkngl3 years, 4 months ago

i have a question, how can i get installous to work without crashing? i just updated to 4.3.2, jb using redsnow, and am slowly working on getting everything back to the way it was, but appsync and installous are a no go and it’s driving me insane! any tips please?

You mean when you download anything from Installous, it crashes? Right? or opening the Installous app crashes at once?

drkngl3 years, 4 months ago

That is correct. i could search, pull up an app but when i hit download it crashed back to springboard. since commenting though, it has started working again. not sure how that happened but thanks for the reply.

This is very unusual Installous error! The fix is that you need to wait for sometime (5-10) seconds before hitting the download button. Opening app and tapping on the download button at once crashes the Installous.

MAK3 years, 4 months ago

Hey if i want to download anything the appstore opens and im asked to buy it using an apple id.

When you click on the Download button, you see Launch App Store option. Do NOT click it, choose any filedude, fileape or mediafire mirror.

MAK3 years, 4 months ago

Hey thank you very much.

MAK3 years, 4 months ago

It shows only 3.6 mb.

May be you have already downloaded Installous partially and now its downloading the rest of data. Don’t worry about the size, just continue with the installation guide!

AeroDynaMix3 years, 4 months ago

I have recently downloaded World Of Goo Game(~80Mb) and i have It in the downloads section of installous….. When i install the game it does not appear in the home secreen of my iPod Touch 4.1

Respring your iPod or reboot it.

AeroDynaMix3 years, 4 months ago

I Have tried all of the stuff but it is not working

Can you explain me the error message you are getting? I am hopeful that i can help you :)

aria3 years, 4 months ago

i tried to install installous on my iphone and it doesnt work.
    whenever i tried tyiping cydia.hackulo.us/
    when i add the source it doesnt say the offiicial hackulo…..on the bottom whr you add the source.
    so when i install it theres is no 4.1 theres only 4.0+, OS .3.1 OS 3.2 and when i scroll down to look for installous it only says installous 4.
    so when i try to download apps for free
    it wont let me it would show some advertisement when i press download
    i have an ul/jb iphone 3gs for tmoible.

You need to wait for some time before clicking on the download button. Only premium users do not need to wait and can download apps directly. If you need more help on installing and using Installous on ur iPhone, watch this video http://youtu.be/ZVDpdTTiCHY

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

YAY I GOT IT WORKING but i wasnt using 4.3.2, i “updated” my iPhone to 4.3.1 and then jailbreaked it with the 4.3.1 firmwarde, thank you Wolverine anyways :D

John3 years, 4 months ago

Can you confirm that installous is working with 4.3.2. When I tried previously it would install, but sync with itunes. However afte rthat my phone would only launch cracked apps, legit apps would keep crashing to springboard. Is it working fine for u?

Yep it is working 100% fine for me. Make sure the only AppSync installed on your iDevice is from Hackulous and also use this guide http://bit.ly/dStEiq before syncing your iDevice with iTunes.

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

I have this one problem. I have done everything and i mean exactly everything whats said in the instructions and when i download the Installous 4.4.1 i go to the Springboard and its not there and then my iPhone is totally messed up, by messed up i mean when i go to AppStore it keeps loading forever or when i go to search it doesnt find anything, please help me asap D: Ty :3

Yeah, you must restart your iPhone atleast for once after installing Installous. Also download Respring app from Cydia.

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

Ill try it right now, but the restarting doesnt work, ive tried it earlier and my iPhone just freezes and then i have to restore, forgot to mention x3

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

Oh and btw, there is another thing that concerns me, in the instructions there is download of Installous and AppSync for 4.0+ and its like 10,9 MB but when im on my iPhone and go and download Installous there will be these 3 other things with it: AppSync for 4.0+, Hackulous Resources and Source GUI. Should they not come with it or what? i have no idea D:

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

Okay so umm, im gonna explain from the beginning what i did, step by step, first i jailbreaked my iPhone following these instructions at http://goo.gl/nYo3M . Then i came to this site and followed the instructions, but at step 7 i got a little confused because i had AppSync for 4.0+, Hackulous Resources, Installous 4 and Source GUI as a necessary download and they took like 3,9 MB of memory, so i decided to download them anyways. Then i downloaded Respring and then i restarted my iPhone but it gets frozen at the point when the Apple icon pops up and theres a circle which is supposed to be spinning but its frozen. I hope you guys understand what i mean, i wish i could get help Asap again lol, ty :)

Oh k! I got it. You are not boot tethered. Just follow step 17 here http://bit.ly/ejCyg3

Nops, Hackulous Resources and Source GUI have no effect on Installous installation.

First install Respring app from Cydia. Then install Installous. Once Installous has been installed, respring your Springboard using the Respring app.

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

Nope, still doesnt work when i use Respring. When i use it, the screen goes to the part where is a pineapple and then the circle is frozen there D:

I means you are boot tethered. Either run Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 over your existing jailbreak to get untethered JB or boot into tethered jailbroken state using Redsn0w “Just boot tethered right now” option.

Rizako3 years, 4 months ago

I do use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 and did jailbreak first with “Download Cydia” option, then i used it again and unchecked Cydia and all the others besides the “Just boot tethered right now” but it still doesnt work, iPhone works good as long as i dont download the Installous D: