Remember Icy? Yeah the same DPKG-based installer which was made by RipDev team when the first iPhone was jailbroken in 2007. For some reason the development of Icy was ceased since October 2009 but now Icy team is back with a complete UI overhaul and support for all iDevices running iOS 4.3.x. The first official release of Icy will be available next week but here is step-by-step guide for those who want to try the beta version which is available through iSpazio repo.
To install Icy on your iDevice, you need to jailbreak it first. Follow our step-by-step guides below to jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.3.2:
For iOS 4.3.1:
Redsn0w: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC11 from here and follow this guide
Sn0wbreeze: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here and follow this guide
PwnageTool: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool 4.3 on Mac OS X using this guide
For iOS 4.3.2:
Redsn0w: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 from here and follow this guide
Sn0wbreeze: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Windows using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 by using this guide
PwnageTool: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on Mac OS X using PwnageTool 4.3.2 by using this guide
Steps to Install Icy on Any iDevice Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.3.2:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice.
- Tap on the Manage tab followed by a tap on Sources section.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right followed by a tap on Add button on the top-left.
- Enter http://repo.ispazio.net as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Wait while Cydia updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Return to Cydia button and then tap on Search tab at the bottom. Search for Icy and select Icy (iSpazio Repo) from the search results.
- Tap on the Install button on the top-right to install Icy on your iDevice. Icy is only of 4.4 MB in size.
- Once installed, tap on Restart Springboard button to exit Cydia.