How to Install Celeste (Bluetooth App) on iOS 4.3.1? [Easy-Way]

Kudos to folks at CrackTouch who managed to install Celeste on iOS 4.3.1 despite of the Action Menu dependency issue but we have been tipped by Tyler Casson with a more easier way which involves only one step and that is editing your SystemVersion.plist file. To do that, first install iFile from Cydia and modify SystemVersion.Plist file on your iDevice as shown in the screenshots below.

Location: /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Before Editing SystemVersion.Plist:

SystemVersion PLIST (Before)

After Editing SystemVersion.Plist:

SystemVersion PLIST (After)
All you need is to change the ProductBuildVersion to 8C148 and ProductVersion to 4.2.1. Thats it! After changing these values, reboot your iDevice and install Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing app through ModMyi repo. Once you have installed the Celeste app, open iFile again and change the variables back to default as shown in the first screenshot. Do not forget to reboot your iDevice after installing Celeste app.

Here is a brief video demo for those who never used Celeste before:

Update#1: Thanks to folks at iPhoneForums for testing it out. I can send and receive all files using Celeste app on iOS 4.3.1. Only issue is that Action Menu in iPod app is not working for some reason. If anyone has a fix, please do mention in comments section below.

Celeste on iOS 4.3.1 Working

Update#2: There is no need to do the above procedure. Now you can download Action Menu 1.1.1 (Compatible with iOS 4.3.1) and Celeste for iOS 4.3.1 from http://repo.biteyourapple.net/ repo. Before installing, make sure there is no previous installation of Action Menu or Celeste on your iDevice. Also make sure ProductBuildVersion in your SystemVersion.Plist is set to 8G4 and ProductVersion is set to 4.3.1.

Update#3: xSellize repo (http://cydia.xsellize.com) has released Action Menu 1.1.1-1 for iOS 4.3.1. Before installing the new action menu, make sure you have removed all previous installations of Action Menu and Celeste app. Once done, first install Action Menu 1.1.1-1 from xSellize repo and then use this guide to get Celeste DEB from BiteYourApple repo. Remember that after installing Action Menu 1.1.1-1 from xSellize repo, you can not install Celeste directly from BiteYourApple source because BiteYourApple's Celeste force installs its own Action Menu 1.1.1 (Not latest) along with its installation.

Summary of Update#3:
1. Remove all installation of Action Menu and Celeste from your iDevice
2. Install Action Menu 1.1.1-1 from xSellize repo
3. Get DEB file of Celeste from BiteYourApple repo
4. Copy Celete deb to /Root Directory/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall using iPhone Explorer and reboot your iDevice.

Update#4: Install Celeste on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To Guide]
Update#5: Send Songs Through Celeste on iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2/4.3.3 [How-To Guide]
Update#6: Install Celeste on iOS 4.3.3 Using Unofficial Action Menu [How-To Guide]

aakash3 years, 11 months ago

i install celeste 4.2.1 and now i can only receive files but unable to send…. is there any solution….

PhillipXD274 years, 10 months ago

is there any way to install celeste on ios 4.0.1?

Nope. Celeste is compatible only from iOS 4.2.1 & above.

akram4 years, 12 months ago

bro has any repo fully cracked celeste yet??

Cherie5 years ago

I bought Celeste legally and when I try to send a file I get “The remote device does not support the OBEX Push profile or it is currently disabled. etc”

How do I fix this?

Pramod5 years ago

Are you sure that you have actually bought Celeste off the Cydia Store? If so, try the same with a different mobile manufacturer. If your trying an iDevice, then you will need Celeste running on that iDevice as well.

akram5 years ago

hey bro….i hav a problem with celeste again…BTstack is automatically upgrading itself from cydia even though i installed the older version via SSH and ifile…and am also getting that OBEX problem like mentioned above…please help
    btw my version is 4.2.1a and itz a 3GS

Pramod5 years ago

The OBEX profile error can only be solved by actually buying Celeste from the Cydia Store. None of the repos currently host a perfectly cracked version of Celeste.

Frank5 years ago

is that modmyirepo.com ?

Pramod5 years ago

Cydia should be having it already listed for you with other default repos added. You need not add the ModMyi repo again.

Mark5 years, 1 month ago

I tried to download Celeste from BYA. Do what you have mentioned on this link: http://jaxov.com/2011/05/how-to-get-celeste-bluetooth-app-working-on-ios-4-3-3-easy-way/#comment-25931
    My Wifi connection is activated at that time.

After installing, I receive confirmation that it is activated. Then I tried to transfer a song using iFile to Cherry mobile phone. Celeste requires a password w/c is 0000. I did that and it gives me this error:

How can I fix this?

Thank you..

This is a common issue that has been around for quite sometime because the latest version hosted by all the repos is not fully cracked just yet. You need to wait until its fully cracked or buy it instead from ModMyi repo for $10 which is now updated (even the ActionMenu) to work with iOS 4.3.x.

Mahmoud5 years, 1 month ago

I got Celeste to work with Photos.app and iFile.app, I’m on 4.1 though.
    Well, the cracked version of Celeste won’t let you send songs from the iPod.app whatever the firmware you use.

The cracked version which BYA had hosted prior to the recent version worked flawless on the 4.2.1 along with every single ActionMenu tab working sweet. But, it was never updated for the 4.3.x since Celeste never updated it either. Right now, the versions hosted by many aren’t completely cracked as well, so the only way to get things working real good is by buying it just for 10$ from Cydia which is updated to work with the latest 4.3.3 with complete functionality.

Mahmoud5 years, 1 month ago

I am on 4.1 and I can’t find “send” option on iPod.app. Is this a common problem with 4.1 or with 4.3.1 only?
    Is ActionMenu totally compatible with 4.1?

No, Celeste will not work on any of the iOS versions less than 4.1.x because it was never compatible with them right from the beginning.

Mayur Singhal5 years, 2 months ago

i have istalled celeste IN IOS 4.3.1 using update#2 i.e.

BUT CELESTE TURNED OFF WHEN I CLOSE SBsettings…..

PLZZZZZ HELPPPPPPP……….

That is because you haven’t activated your copy of Celeste yet. Follow this comment here to get your Celeste activated.

kimt5 years, 4 months ago

cracked version can receive but not send file

Patrick5 years, 4 months ago

Yep! Its a known bug in cracked version. I will recommend you to buy the legitimate version of Celeste as it do not have any issue related to sending or receiving files from other devices.

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Even the official version cant send files to some devices …! (only few devices support both sending and recieving with celeste ) i have purchased official one … No problem with recieving MANY Times but sending works only 4/10

Patrick5 years, 4 months ago

I haven’t tried it much with other devices but for me, sending TO and FROM PC works flawlessly 8)

Ok :) here’s the compatibility list … U can check it out: http://bit.ly/jaehr1

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

hey……….!! one more important thing i would like to ask.. i have officially purchased celeste from cydia!!! on installation screen i.e on cydia i found celeste with other dependencys.. i.e (action menu, btstack etc… ) but i cant find gremlin there… which they said that it was free with celeste (value$1.99 )
    i thought i can install extra stand-alone package gremlin later on… (that was free) after installation everything… gremlin part not working 4 me…. ( i have also told this in above comments too ) so is that the real problem ??? Help me plzz… !!

Nops. Celeste comes with its own Gremlin code. It will not install as a standalone package with Celeste. If you have actually bought and installed Celeste, Gremlin will be installed automatically (Its code is incorporated in Celeste) and will work fine!

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Ok so gremlin isnt working then .. Dont know whats the problem with that.. ! Thinking off to restore my firmware ( hope that will fix my problem ! )

Yep! Restore solves all issues but one thing i can assure you that Gremlin DO WORKS fine if you have officially purchased the app.

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Whats the problem with me ????? :( only photos are ported to camera roll …. But songs do no port to ipod app) looks that it had only happened to me :(( ( not restored firmware yet )

Jackbee5 years, 4 months ago

Dont worry anmol..Thats the common problem with many people.. Me too..
            Pics r copied to photo albums after recieving but songs are sometimes copied sometimes not..
            But when they are not copied then sync it with ur pc ,u will get all celeste recieved songs in ipod..
            Ok :)

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Ohkkk :-) is there be any update of celeste in near future ..??. They said that they were releasing celeste 1.0 rc …. About 50 days have passed .. No updates yet …!

Patrick5 years, 4 months ago

You are right! Celeste team provides its consumers the worst support ever. They are such a lazy as*z!

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine and others,

Just would like to share my experience.. my version 4.2.1 Like I told Wolverine, I gave up with SiNfuL, then eventually tried on BYA… All seemed to fail especially when trying to send files out to Sony Vaio laptop, cant even send jpeg to Nokia.. I removed everything. I reinstalled the SiNfuL, and to my surprise, my iPhone 4 started talking to most of the Nokia phones and BB. I am able to send and receive files from the above mobile brands. However, when I tried to send file to another i4, was unable to detect their Bluetooth (all JL units). They can’t send file as well after turning on their original Bluetooth, no “Send Via Bluetooth” feature for photos (they have yet to install Celeste).. Anyway I am happy that my i4 able to talk to other brand of phones… Also able to send files to MacBook.. Cheers and good luck to all!

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Oh yes, this is what I encountered as well… after I turned on Celeste each time, I found that my carrier, time, and battery bar will go hay-wire, could be due to bugs.. it will appear at the bottom of our screen, and sometimes either at the right or left :).. So everytime I will re-spring after I shut of the Celeste to avoid the problem persist in the next hour.. Other than that, I am happy with it (at the moment).. Cheers!

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Tried everything!!! Not able to figure out… Whats the real problem with gremlin part ????

You tried the suggestion by @Jackbee in above comment?

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Hi..!! I have just purchased package officially from cydia (bcoz crack isnt working on iphpne 3g)
    My problem is that after recieving a song it doesnt add to my ipod library… G symbol though appears but i cant see it in my ipod library.. Any help will be greatly appericiated!!!

Mmmm. It should. Wait until G symbol disappears from your status-bar. Also try re-sprining your iPhone.

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

I have tried this … Still no success… I also tried re-installing celeste.. Still no works… Bt i can see my songs in /recieved folder….. But i cant find folder named: gremlin anywhere i.e var/mobile/media/….. Is that the problem ??? Or something else ??

You should find gremlin lib in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries

Ya found it…. But cant fix my gremlin part :(

Perhaps, you should try re-installing Celeste and Gremlin from Cydia.

jackbee5 years, 4 months ago

Hey anmol..
          Try un-installing gremil , celeste and actiom menu… Then then install packages one by one… First gremlin..then action menu and in the last celeste…

By the way .. Where r u from? Seems like u r from pak or india :)

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Ya i will try this out!!! Thank u very much for suggestion! And hey… M from India!

jackbee5 years, 4 months ago

Cool .. I m in your neighbour..
            By the way .. Forget the official one..and lets try the cracked one if nothing works for u..
            I know its unlogical ..but lets try :)
            Good luck.. Tc

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

I have purchased the official one …. Bcoz crack wasnt working on iphone 3g!!! ( i have iphone 3g ) seems that there is no one who had make it work on 3g !! Anywayz where do u live in india ?

Jackbee5 years, 4 months ago

Oh then i think ur only option is restore ..

I m not from india..
            I m in ur neighbour country pakistan :)

Max Hood5 years, 4 months ago

Hi I just heard that the action menu of v1.2.1 and was just wondering if you could use the iPod feature. If so could you tell me?
    Thank You.

Nops. Though Action Menu has been updated to (v1.2.1) support iOS 4.3.x but still you can not send songs from stock iPod app using Celeste. Acc. to Action Menu developer, its the issue on Celeste end. So you should now wait for the Celeste update for iOS 4.3.x.

Max Hood5 years, 4 months ago

Ahh that’s really annoying!

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

I checked on BigBoss in Cydia for Action Menu 1.1.1, it seems not available, the available version is 1.2.1 (that’s their latest). As what you had mentioned, uninstall Cracked Celeste (SiNFul) and its Action Menu, then install Action Menu 1.1.1 then proceed to install Celeste by BYA, right? Would that be a problem to install Action Menu 1.2.1 then BYA?

At the moment, my SiNFul Celeste already comes Action Menu 1.2.1, please advise. Thanks

Action Menu has been updated to v1.2.1 which is not compatible with iOS 4.3.x. Now you do not need to change SystemVersion.plist file. Just install cracked version from SiNful iPhone repo. BYA version of Celeste installs its down Action Menu version which requires you to change your SystemVersion.plist to iOS 4.3.1 (If you are not already on iOS 4.3.1)

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Sorry just to recap.. my iPhone 4 is v4.2.1(8C148), having SiNFul Celeste but it seems I can’t send out files but only able to receive files from my laptop.

So I am thinking to uninstall it and replace by BYA Celeste. However, I am not sure whether the Action Menu v1.2.1 can work with BYA Celeste. Earlier post by you were asking for Action Menu 1.1.1 which is no longer available. Please enlighten.

Yep. SiNful version of Celeste do have issues in sending and receiving files but most of the time it works. BYA version of Celeste is known to have less sending and receiving issues while legit *bought* version of Celeste has no sending or receiving issues at all. Just uninstall all versions of Celeste and Action Menu and then re-install Celeste from BYA repo.

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

OK, I am giving up. Uninstalled my SiNFul version, installed with BYA, the results is SAME. Unable to send to any phone but only able to receive :( Looks like the next option is gotta buy it officially, but I would rather wait for awhile more to see any genius can produce a better “crack” version.

Whatever it’s, Wolverine, thanks for all the input, really appreciate it.. You are Da Man! Cheers…

Lol. I bought Celeste due to the same reason. It cracked never worked perfectly for me. Also note that Celeste is one of those Cydia apps which require server authentication to activate itself. So, these apps are much harder to crack than the normal Cydia apps.

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine,

Me no Warrior as in this case :) The situation is like this,

My version: iPhone 4, Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Downloaded: Cracked Celeste from SinFul

I can only receive files (words/excel/mp3) from my Sony Vaio Vista, although they are paired and shown in my notebook that it’s connected.. However I can’t send any to my notebook. Do you think it’s good idea to uninstall the SinFul version and go for BiteTheApple?

Also I tried to send files to another iPhone 4 but “Celeste Failed”.. can’t even get the 2 iPhones connected/paired. Heven’t tried to send files from other iPhone/other brands of mobile.

Appreciate if you could enlighten the situation..:) Cheers!

I am really not sure why cracked versions do problem in sending and receiving files from other devices. I bought Celeste and never got any issue in sending and receiving files. If you still want to use cracked version, yep BYA crack works well. I tried it before officially buying Celeste and i could send and receive files fine. Make sure your Bluetooth is ON when you want to receive a file. You will see a Bluetooth icon in your status-bar if Bluetooth is ON.

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Wolverine for your input. I think your “Bluetooth” was referring to Celeste Bluetooth, right? Or our original Bluetooth and Celeste Bluetooth have to be “ON” (as in green) at the same time, to send or receiving files?

When you have Celeste installed on your iPhone, you will notice that the actual Bluetooth option in Settings app is disabled. This is because Celeste manages the Bluetooth itself. Turning Celeste ON in SBSettings SHOULD allow you to send and receive files from other devices.

Warrior5 years, 4 months ago

Yup, when the Celeste is ON, the actual Bluetooth is disabled in the phone setting but in the SBSetting, it can be ON as well (which I think Celeste over-rides the actual, does not serve the purpose anymore even if the actual turns green, stand to be corrected). Anyway I had tried a numerous attempts, by turning ON the Celeste, yet I cant send files to other iPhone or to my laptop.. Maybe I should really consider to uninstall the SinFul version and install the BYA version. BYA is more complicated to install, unlike Sinful which is directly from Cydia for my iPhone 4, 4.2.1 version. Cheers.. Anymore input is highly appreciated..

BYA version rocks. Tested it myself. I never tried SiNful version. Btw i have now officially bought Celeste and never got any issue in sending or receiving file. All of these issues mostly appear on cracked version.

Sagar5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks brother!
    I installed celeste and action menu 1.1.1 ,both from biteyouriphone repo … And everything is working fine. But still i m just curious to know that why u said in update #4 , that install action menu 1.1.1-1 from xsellize? Whats difference?

And one more question if u can help.. I recieved song and through gremlin it goes to ipod , now how to delete it from ipod library? I deleted from recieved folder and there is no file in /media/gremlin folder..but song is still there in ipod library and playing..

1. Do not install Action Menu from xSellize if BYA’s Action Menu is working fine for you.
      2. Install myTunes from Cydia and navigate to private/var/mobile/media/myTunes via iFile to delete songs from your iPod library. As i have purchased PwnTunes, so i can delete songs from private/var/mobile/media/My Music directory.

Kourosh5 years, 4 months ago

i have iphone 4 and ios 4.3.1 installed
    i can receive files from a Nokia phone but cannot send to it!
    also cannot send or receive anything to/from my laptop (sony viao, win7 sp3)
    i have a htc hd too but there is no file transfer between my devices.
    actually i just can get files from that old nokia phone!
    i have action menu 1.1.1-1 installed on my iphone
    can you help me to solve the problems?
    (my celeste is cracked and downloaded from sinful)

awaiting for your soonest reply

thanks ;)

Sorry SiNful version of Celeste won’t work. Install it from BYA repo.

Kourosh5 years, 4 months ago

thanks for our reply.
        do you mean bya repo from http://cydia.myrepospace.com ?

Kourosh5 years, 4 months ago

got it…
        i removed sinful version and re install from BiteMyApple.net
        but still have the same problem !!! :(
        i tried transferring to/from a Nexus One.
        receiving files from others are ok (but not from my Vaio) but cannot send to other devices.
        the device hang on connection for a while then it says “celeste fail”
        btw, it seems sinful version is ok with 4.3.1 but BYA force me to change systemversion to 4.2.1 !!!
        awaiting for your reply
        thanks

Cracked version Celeste has definitely issues with receiving and sending files as far as i know. Just wait for this weekend http://bit.ly/khJN1f while Action Menu for iOS 4.3.x gets released. Hopefully every issue will be resolved itself.

Kourosh5 years, 4 months ago

i have 4.3.1 on my device.
            here is a list of my problems!
            1. i cannot send files to any device
            2. i just receive files from other cell phones
            3. i cannot receive files from laptops!
            4. serious problem with 5 row keyboards! (i have to use persian 5 row keyboards and it became blank!)
            so i rather to remove it completely, i mean cracked celeste.
            maybe original version works perfectly. I dont know
            btw, thank you so much for your useful information.
            best

Max Hood5 years, 4 months ago

I’m an iPhone 4 user and I have been watching this forum for about a month maybe two and considering that wolverine said the it was supposed to be coming out soon? Well it hasn’t and I have the same issue as most people not being able to send anything from my iPod. Is it possible that ‘Wolverine’ can say anything about the progress of the actionmenu update.

The only issue with current version of Action Menu is that it do not support sending songs directly from iPod app. My iPhone 4 is on iOS 4.3.3 and i can send and receive all files using Celeste. I used the Action Menu from xSellize http://bit.ly/ilyBJz Also note that if you are unable to send or receive files using Celeste then its not the issue with Action Menu, but its the problem with Celeste activation. I have officially bought Celeste from ModMyi repo and its working just fine on iOS 4.3.3. Only issue is sending songs through iPod app but you can haz this alternative http://bit.ly/hbfOSl

Rizki5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, it is iPhone 3G. I don’t know about 3GS ’cause i don’t have one.
    This cracked “celested” daemon won’t run on our device. Tell Luciano to fix it for us :(

Rizki5 years, 4 months ago

Hi..
    @Wolverine
    Sorry, but i believe you don’t have iPhone 3G so you don’t know exactly what we’re talking about here.

@Jack
    Same problem, same device (iPhone 3G), and same OS (4.2.1). No solution yet, until someone (maybe Luciano) fix this crack for us. The problem is this cracked “celested” process always crash on our device. Everytime you try to turn on celeste, the process will crash and killed. So the toggle will always turned off itself. You can try to turn it on from other way, like activator, or mobileterminal. But none of them will work, because the problem is not the toggle, but the process that won’t run. Of course, if the “celested” process won’t run, no activation request sent to BYA’s server, then activation will never happen

Yup, i do not have iPhone 3GS :( but it works fine on my iPhone 4. I tried the legitimate version and the cracked version on my iPhone 4 and both are working fine. Definitely something is wrong with iPhone 3GS.

Jack5 years, 4 months ago

It’s iPhone 3G that has the problem not 3GS

Did you changed SystemVersion.plist on your iPhone 3G?

Jack5 years, 4 months ago

Right I have a iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 I installed action menu and celeste so many times its unreal and it just wont stay on when I close SBSettings. I have tried everything I have read on this page but nothing is working it just wont activate :(

any help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks :P

It takes 3-4 tries and reboots before Celeste activates itself. Also make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi with an active internet connection.

Anmol Batra5 years, 5 months ago

I tried everything !!!!!! Installed from BYA, Insanelyi, Sinfuliphone…… Etc
    Nothing works for me ….. As no activation message appears nor sbsettings toggle seems to work …!!
    Plz help …..

Turn ON Celeste and Bluetooth in SBSettings and then hit the respring button. To activate Celeste, you must be connected to Wi-Fi with an active internet connection.

Anmol Batra5 years, 4 months ago

Yeah! Tried but still didnt work.. I am on iphone 3g 4.2.1 ..
        So thats the problem i guess ??? Isnt it ??

You do not need to change any variables in SystemVersion.plist if you are on iOS 4.2.1.

yazan5 years, 5 months ago

Celeste fail :( i have spent hours following every guide here to try to get this to work. My phone is discoverable by my laptop, but when i try to send a file to my phone, “No Service found”. When I try the opposite, my phone isnt able to discover any nearby bluetooth device. In short I am unable to send or receive. I’m using 4.3.2 I followed the guide word by word, and did not return the .plist file back to default.. help?

yazan5 years, 5 months ago

Update: i was able to discover my laptop through my phone, and i was also able to pair them. I still cannot send or receive though, as upon sending to laptop “connecting…” stays forever, and upon receiving i still get “No Service found”

Your Celeste is working fine. You don’t know how to use it actually. On Windows, right-click on the Bluetooth icon in taskbar and choose “Receive a file” and on other iDevices which are not discoverable, make sure their Bluetooth is ON and their Bluetooth visibility is also ON in settings.

yazan5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I’m using Windows 7, “receive a file” isn’t an option here. http://bit.ly/kf7vyD I have tried sending from my iPhone to the Motorolla too, same result as for laptop (Connecting…) forever. http://bit.ly/jZVSwC

Note: I have tried sending from my Laptop to the Motorolla phone, success, from Moto to Laptop, success. I think Windows 7 only requires pairing, judging by this test.

That’s for sending, as for receiving, my laptop still is unable to send to phone, actually it stopped discovering it……. I really have no idea what to do, it’s driving me nuts! Your help appreciated, thanks

This is in my case http://i.imgur.com/Vw4Tl.png http://i.imgur.com/fpCS3.png
          Definitely issue is on Celeste end now. Did you installed cracked version of Celeste or have bought it from Cydia?

yazan5 years, 5 months ago

Cracked from Bite Your Apple, but I followed your instructions for cracked celeste. I have 4.3.2, so i changed the system file entries (4.3.1) and downloaded Celeste for 4.3.1, and rebooted. The farthest I am able to reach is pin-code pairing, but that’s it

For some reason, your laptop or Motorola phone is not responding to your iPhone file sending request. That is why you see “Connecting…” message on your iPhone.

Rasta5 years, 5 months ago

Yep! Default PIN is 0000. You need to pair your iPhone with other device inorder to send or receive any file.

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

Celeste is working but when I try to download something it says removes celeste

Change ur SystemVersion.plist file back to iOS 4.3.1.

Albus Dumbledore5 years, 5 months ago

Now I see the devices but it doesn’t send or receive anything asks for a PIN number but the pairing doesn’t get to the PC I’m trying to connect it’s quite messy … How do I know if Celeste is fully activated??? … thanks in advance!

Albus Dumbledore5 years, 5 months ago

Hi! I tried to install Celeste from Oscarfulphone repo but it keeps saying it’s not activated due to a network error then I did all the steps on Update#3 and I get the same error everytime Activation failed due to a network error. Please try again later … I’m tired of trying … any ideas???

andrew5 years, 5 months ago

After install celeste i can send pic and recieve it fine but i cant send music because i dont see the send button on my list it only show copy, copy all, to top to bottom wodering why anybody have this problem and know how to fix it please help! i appreciate.. thank you

callmeill5 years, 5 months ago

All Ok for me!
    Running on Iphone 4 iOS 4.3.1
    1- Installed Action Menu from xsellize
    2- Installed Celeste for 4.3.1 from Biteyourapple (don’t worry about action menu included on the package, won’t be installed cause you are also running previous action menu from xsellize)
    3- Respring and REBOOT your iDevice

Frankie5 years, 5 months ago

Works flawlessly with your method!!

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

Ya able to send and recive music and pictures with this method

Sending songs directly through iPod app works?

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

Niteesh5 years, 5 months ago

Lame , this doesnt work. I mean it doesnt allow you to send via iPod app.

Use this guide http://bit.ly/hbfOSl

Rasta5 years, 5 months ago

how you get it from failing when sending mp3 & pics’?

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

ya same thing happens to me,and when I send a video to a phone it says video unsupported and I did it with several phones

callmeill5 years, 5 months ago

Have the same problem in others apps like whatsapp from Android to iOS… maybe need to install something that makes our iDevice accept different codecs of audio/video

AlienXists5 years, 5 months ago

am still getting the same problem as rizki, i.e celeste is off when i close sbsettings…any help?

callmeill5 years, 5 months ago

reboot your idevice ;)

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

Anyone have a fix for this!!?????

James5 years, 5 months ago

Wolverine you have an answer for everything! your a Legend

Rasta5 years, 5 months ago

tried sending mp3 & images but it not going thru jus getting fail.

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

everything works except the send button on the ipod library and I have used all the repos, they cocoa nut should update celeste to work on ios 4.3.1

Andrew5 years, 5 months ago

I just install celeste on my device how can i send music its doest apprear send button wondering y ?please help

AkisJ5 years, 5 months ago

I have iOS 4.3.1 and after so many trial and error, finally used Celeste for 4.3.1 which includes its own Action Menu (for Celeste). I even tried going back to 4.2.1 and using Action Menu with Celeste separately as instructed above. In both cases, I can successfully transfer a jpg file from iPhone4 to Nokia 6710 but I can’t do the same with a music file (there is no option for Send, but only Copy, Copy All, Top, Bottom) and also I cannot seem to be able to receive any kind of file from the Nokia phone. I followed the transfer files steps as shown in the video above. Am I missing something?

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Celeste has its own gremlin (called celestegremlin), it’s coded on celeste. So you don’t need that yourtube’s gremlin.

you’re in 4.3.1 with lack of actionmenu official support at the moment. Maybe that’s why you can’t see that send button.

Can’t receive? Anything? Files? Photos? Songs??

Fateh5 years, 5 months ago

I have iOS 4.3.1 and renamed it to 4.2.1 & bought celeste .. I can send anything from my iphone but I can’t receieve .. I downloaded Gremlin ( it came with yourtube app ) so is there any fix plz ??

other shot .. i can’t see the ( send button when i keep on touching )

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Luciano’s crack not working on iPhone 3G running 4.2.1. Tried from all repos (BYA, iphone3Gsystem, insanelyi, sinfuliphone, iphoneaddict), but ended with same “no luciano’s activation, and can’t turn celeste toggle ON” problems.

Recent crack (not luciano’s crack method, i guess) has no celeste toggle problem. But the activation or “celeste wasn’t purchase…” pops up randomly. And it’s just “connecting” forever. Can’t send/receive anything.

Correct me if someone did succeed with iphone 3G+4.2.1.

And please let me know if celeste’s crack has been updated.

Thanks people. :)

Ryan Cosford5 years, 5 months ago

Hi all, I am using iphone 4 jailbroken on ios 4.3.1 it was a real shame once i updated to find that celeste/action menu would not install on 4.3.1, anyway i found this soloution posted above and followed the whole editing of the said .plist files in order to work around the action menu problem, i had already purchased celeste from modmyi.repo so i just downloaded it again, i then rebooted, changed the plist files back to original settings, rebooted again and there we are….however i was just wondering, i did all this before i noticed the “update #3”, but i was just wondering if i actually need to do the said update #3 after performing the original procedure, celeste seems to be working fine….only annoyance is in cydia, i have not installed any of the above suggested repo’s for downloading actionmenu or the DEB for celeste as i had officially purchased celeste through modmyi.repo……now cydia has an update for a package i have installed but wishes to uninstall both action menu 1.1.1 and celeste..i cannot remove them from the installation queue and just update the 1 package that is waiting….can you offer any information?….once again i am on iphone 4 ios 4.3.1 offically purchased celeste so presuming no need for DEB.

Do not change SystemVersion.plist back to iOS 4.3.1.

Britneyfrenchfan5 years, 5 months ago

I cannot send songs on celeste, has action menu been fixed?

Not now! I will update the post as soon as it will be updated.

Stressed-Out5 years, 5 months ago

Ok i followed instructions. But when I try to send pic and it goes to discovery mode I guess nothing happens. It just keeps searching. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Trying to receive something on your PC?

Stressed-Out5 years, 5 months ago

No inwas trying to send to a friends blackberry. She would see me in her Bluetooth settings but would pop up on my phone. I erased everything and re-installed but same problem. Besides deleting from Cydia is there a file I’m missing that needs to be deleted before I re-install? Thanks wolverine!

You need to pair your iPhone with her BlackBerry first. Also to test if your Celeste is working fine, try to send a test file to your PC.

Stressed-Out5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks it’s paired cause she sent me a pic and a music file. So I will delete everything then try again. On another note I know we can’t send music files yet, but if we receive them is their any way to move to iPod library. Or that’s still a no go too.

why i can’t send songs ? i did update #3

Its because Action Menu is still not OFFICIALLY supported on iOS 4.3.1

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Can you send a note from notes app? or a book from iBooks?
      Can you at least see a “send” option from your iPod library?

AneZzz5 years, 5 months ago

Sory, i little confuse at the third step in
    Summary of Update#3:
    1. Remove all installation of Action Menu and Celeste from your iDevice
    2. Install Action Menu 1.1.1-1 from xSellize repo
    3. Get DEB file of Celeste from BiteYourApple repo

what app cydia we install for we get the DEB file of celeste?

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

You need iPhone Explorer 2.101.

Install Celeste for iOS 4.3.1 from BiteYourApple.

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

Install it directly or manually add install .deb file?

Nahh! When you install Celeste directly from repo, Cydia first downloads the DEB file in /Root Directory/var/cache/apt/archives directory. All you need is to copy the DEB file to your PC. Uninstall Celeste you just installed along with Action Menu 1.1.1. Once done, follow step 2 and step 4 under Update#3

Iphoner5 years, 5 months ago

So, just installing from BiteYourApple?

Yep! But do remove all previous installations of Celeste and Action Menu before installing the compatible version using BiteYourApple repo!

Nino5 years, 5 months ago

Is there any folder we have to delete in order to get clean installation of both action menu and celeste?

Nops! You can uninstall both of them through Cydia.

@Nino
            Just curious, what device you’re using? And what firmware it’s running?

skyeagle5 years, 5 months ago

i am using iTouch 4.3.1 . I followed steps by steps every update but i cannot find any SEND button in my iPod when i wanna send music. Even when i copied file DEB Action Menu 1.1.1-1 and file DEB Celeste for 4.3.1 to iTouch , it didn’t work too .

Yeah! The outcome of 2nd and 3rd update is same! Action Menu still needs to be updated *Officially* with iOS 4.3.1

chan5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks alot that’s fix the redsnow issue and now I have the cydia back. I still do not know why snowbreeze 2.5 and 2.5.1 did not install the cydia after followed the instruction step by step. FYI it works when i did update from 4.1 to 4.3.1 initially and I did the same things.

chan5 years, 5 months ago

Followed update#3 and now cydia icons and other disappears.??

Did you delete anything using iPhone Explorer?

chan5 years, 5 months ago

Yes the celeste.deb (which I downloaded from bityourapple repo) file from the autoinstall after i rebooted and confirmed that it installed.

I think you accidentally removed Cydia folder. Anyways, you can always get Cydia back by using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12 over your current jailbreak.

chan5 years, 5 months ago

i tried to use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12 to install cydia but windows kept crashing on me stating the program stopped respondings. I used snowbreeze to JB again as I did JB using it before and cydia never reappaears. Gone for good i think :(. I am thinking of downgrade to 4.1 and then try snowbreeze again to JB. After all it was on 4.1 until i used snowbreeze to JB to 4.3.1.
            Very strange one

Solve the Redsn0w issue by using this guide http://bit.ly/grQtBl

sikvdila5 years, 5 months ago

I have this error anytime I power on my iphone 3gs:

activation failed due to a network error. Plase try again latter

I get this randomly but after installing Celete from BiteYoueApple repo, my Celeste app is now fully activated.

Fateh5 years, 5 months ago

action menu is updated now for iOS 4.3.1 !! yuppyyyyyyyyy

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

Celeste is not letting me send music, why????

It requires Action Menu for iOS 4.3.1 which is yet to be released!

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

After I install Celeste it removes my ultrasn0w fixer unlock, wat do I do to fix this

Change your ProductVersion in SystemVersion.Plist back to iOS 4.3.1. Similarly change ProductBuildVersion back to 8G4. Once done, reboot your iPhone.

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

By the way, still can’t solve my own problem here.
    iPhone 3G running 4.2.1, celeste installed well from BYA repo, no activation problem, ’cause it never ask any. Just Installed, and the toggle is there, the “send to bluetooth” menu is there, but celeste toggle turned off itself everytime i close SBSettings :( can’t detect any other bluetooth device

Or maybe it’s not compatible with other package?what package?
    Anyone?

@Rizki
    thanks for explaining but there is no “add to ipod library” option

@Outacontrol
      sorry.. my mistake..
      yes, can’t find that “add to iPod Library” button too

but it was mentioned on 1.5.0-1 changelog:
      Celeste/Gremlin Integration
      -Added support for sending files via Celeste (Bluetooth).
      -Added support for adding songs to iPod Library using Gremlin for @cocoanutapps. This is possible in Attributes Editor and Music Player.

you can search the web for a screenshot of File Attributes editor screen with an “add to iPod Library” button on it.

but why i don’t have that button on my free iFile?maybe that function is for registered version only??
      so we all have to wait ’til it’s perfectly cracked :)

@Rizki
        No problemo it looks like it wasn’t your bad ;P
        yes maybe it’s only for registered users only :(

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

hey, you can find that “add to iPod Library” button on an mp4 video files..

but not on an mp3 files. registered user only, i guess..

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Ifile 1.5.0-4 crack is out! :)
      Tried it but still can’t have that “add to ipod library” button anyway. ’cause i don’t have cracked celeste on my iphone 3G, i guess :(

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

i have another question please :) from ifile settings u can enable song names, but since i am not registered i can’t , i then tried to download ifile cracked it works and i can enable song names, but the thing is i can’t send via bluetooth using a cracked ifile, any ideas ?

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Cracked one? What version? I thought 1.5.x version is not cracked yet, is it?
      Then maybe the answer is, because you don’t have cracked 1.5.x version. “Send via bluetooth” feature is only for 1.5.x version, not available on the older iFile version.

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

yes there is cracked ifile 1.5.x but u can’t send via bluetooth with it :( u can only send via bluetooth with the original ifile 1.5.x the thing is : in the settings in iFile there is an option that say song names on-off if u want it on u have to register ! in the cracked vision u CAN turn it on ! but still can’t use bluetooth > useless :(

Abdou5 years, 5 months ago

Hi guys, for those who still getting unable to activate, there a simple working solution
    1. Install cracked celeste
    2. Dont respring,reboot directly after installing celeste
    3. U will recieve the same activation failed msg,just click ok.
    4. Go to sbsettings , activate celeste then respring.done
    It is working 100% enjoy it

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Still not working for me. Where did you get your deb from? Tried that deb from BiteYourApple repo, but seems not working on my iPhone 3G running 4.2.1

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

i have a question , can after i receive a song can i add to the iPod app ?

As told in the official website of Celeste http://getceleste.com/, you can send and receive songs!

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

What i meant was: after receiving a song it saves in /var/mobile/Received , but i can’t find it in the ipod app, can i move it there or something? and thanks

Yes, use iFile 1.5.x. From atributes editor

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

i don’t understand can i Please explain more ? :)

Maverick5 years, 5 months ago

Actually when we open SystemVersion.plist from iFile, it gives us two options. One is to edit with Text Editor and other one is Atributes Editor.

@maverick
            sorry, i guess what you’re talking about is “Property List Viewer” not “atributes editor”

@outacontrol
            atributes editor is available for any file types. Just press that blue arrow on the right of your file, you’ll enter a screen for atributes editor with “File Atributes” on the title.
            They said, on iFile 1.5 you can have “add to ipod library” button there. You can try scroll that screen down, maybe you’ll find that button.
            Correct me if i’m wrong, cause mine is an old 1.4.2 version iFile

matthewmspace5 years, 5 months ago

How do you get celeste for free?

iphone5 years, 5 months ago

i still can’t sent or receive file, installed from biteyourapple.

when trying to sent photo from iphone, it keeps connecting than failed.

also trying to sent photo from laptop, said “no service found”

Nino5 years, 5 months ago

Nope, already follow your suggestion. Still not able to send or receive any files :(

Upload me a screenshot if you can. Remember you need to pair your PC and iPhone in-order to send and receive files via bluetooth!

iphone5 years, 5 months ago

yup, already trying pair unpair pair several times, no luck ! i already uploaded my screenshots here:

thx

Maverick5 years, 5 months ago

Are you using Bluetooth dongle? Right-click on its icon in Taskbar and choose “Receive a file”. From the screenshots, i think your PC is unaware of the the fact that your iPhone is sending something to it.

Nino5 years, 5 months ago

Nope, its hp laptop. Already try sending file to other phone, same result. :(

Maverick5 years, 5 months ago

Hmmm! Just wait for the official Celeste release for iOS 4.3.1, hopefully it will be arriving anytime soon.

ArnDrewMig5 years, 5 months ago

i have ipod touch 4g on iOS 4.3.1 and installed celeste. i can send photos but no luck with songs and videos because there is no “send” option in the action menu. is there already a fix for this? thanks

Nops! Action Menu is broken within stock iPod app. We all are waiting for the fix. I will let you know as soon as a fix arrives in Cydia.

ArnDrewMig5 years, 5 months ago

I hope they fix it soon for us ipod touch users! kindly inform us if the fix is available already! thanks! :)

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

and Thanks a LOT i tested it and it worked :D all it needs is to be able to send songs from the ipod not from iFile.

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

when i reboot my iphone i get “Activation failed due to network error. Please try again later.”

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

nevermind i got that fixed =)

How?

outacontrol5 years, 5 months ago

i changed everything back to normal then rebooted my iphone

Your and Rizki comments made this thread the best for those who want to troubleshoot Celeste on iOS 4.3.1 :D Keep it up. Also tell me if you want to write your thoughts (FAQ) in a post at this blog.

Unknown5 years, 5 months ago

How did u change every thing back to normal like wat?

Install Action Menu 1.1.1 from BigBoss repo, Install Celeste from BiteYourApple repo and do not change SystemVersion.plist back to iOS 4.3.1 config!

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

what are you using to edit the file?

it’s Property List viewer on iFile

Augustus5 years, 5 months ago

i am using 4.2.1 but unable to get action menu in ipod.. What to do.. please help.. Thanks alot for the work of wolverine..Cheers

Action Menu on iOS 4.3.1 in iPod app do not work. We all need to wait for official Action Menu update for iOS 4.3.1 which will be coming anytime soon!

Wagnus5 years, 5 months ago

Celeste Bluetooth are now working for 4.3.1, after u install the Actionmenu 1.1.1c , then install the Celeste Bluetooth from Cydia.
    Now using perfectly with SBsetting toggles support!

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

you mean it was upgraded officially?

When i try to buy it from ModMyi repo (iOS 4.3.1), i get error “Unable to Purchase, This product requires iPhone OS 2|3|4 [012]”

Yohanes5 years, 5 months ago

What repo for install the Actionmenu 1.1.1c?

Yohanes5 years, 5 months ago

helo, why if i enable celeste in SBsetting, it automatic disable when i close sbsetting?
    do you help me?
    i use iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1..
    i already follow your step..

same problem here..
      iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1
      any help??
      thanks

@Yohanes Just remove everything including Action Menu and Celeste. Make sure your ProductBuildVersion is 8C148 and ProductVersion is 4.2.1. Reboot your iPhone and first install Action Menu 1.1.1 from BigBoss repo and then install Celeste from BiteYourApple repo (If you have not purchased it). Do not change variable values back to default in SystemVersion.plist. Just reboot for the last time once u have installed everything!

@Rizki: You can install Celeste directly! Do not change anything in SystemVersion.plit

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

Yes, the i can install it directly from BYA repo. But i can’t turn it ON from SBSettings.

In SBSettings, just turn ON the bluetooth. Even if it fails to color the Bluetooth button green, just send a test file to your PC. Celeste will turn ON your Bluetooth automatically.

Rizki5 years, 5 months ago

It’s the celeste toggle, not native bluetooth toggle. When i press the celeste toggle on, it always turned off itself when i close SBSettings.
            Tried to send a photo, but no device detected. Pressed the refresh button, nothing happen

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

it even lets you send sms tones and ringtones lol :D but i cant get it to send mp3s..

also where does celeste save files received to??? i cant find any options for it

Files are saved in in /var/mobile/Received

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

Btw i managed to get it to send mp3s as well. if you go into ifilie and press edit it lets you send any file ;)

Thanks for telling me where the files get saved.

The only problem is the files are named in a way that you dont know what song you are sending lol but at least you can send any file.. for now until either there is a work around or a new version of celest for 4.3.1..

Thing is now in the options it says i have 4.2.1 lol but its worth it for the bluetooth to work, and my imovie icon has become white but it still works.

Yeah we can send MP3s using iFile but using native iPod app, it is not possible now (Like the guy in the video demo did)

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

yeah he just pressed on a mp3 in the ipod part of the device and sent it that was so he was able to see the names of the files.. but other files like pdf’s and ibooks and everything that you might never have been able to do that with..

though the dev says a new version coming very soon

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

wolverine i hope its ok to re post this on a forum, if you mind please let me know so i can delete the post :)

found here..

i hope its ok that i am sharing it, if not i can always delete it if your un happy with that..

and thanks again for this tutorial and your help ! :D

It is 1000% fine as far as their is a linkback to original article. Cheers :D

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

yes i put a link from where the tweak you posted is :)

btw where does celest store received files? do you know?

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

so normally how do you send songs? i can receive everything and sending i have only tried pics so far that sent just fine

Check out the video demo! I am unable to send songs using iPod app. This is due to Action Menu incompatibility issue with iOS 4.3.1.

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

So all you guys are sending files with celest on 4.3.1?

I can send all files except songs from my iPod app. Its due to Action Menu core files incompatibility with iOS 4.3.1. All rest works just fine.

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

ifilie decided it wanted to install.. so i change it with ifilie then i restart the iphone yet the device changes the plist back to the 4.3.1 settings again. i dont know how you edit that file restart and have the file stay the same

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

woohooo :D i got it to work :D!!!! i just sent files from and to my macbook pro and it worked nicely.. ty so much guy who made this blog and to you Wolverine for helping me getting it to work..

AkisJ5 years, 5 months ago

hi Grigori. can you tell me how exactly you pulled it through? I can’t send music files from iPhone or receive any kind of file

AqimKazama5 years, 5 months ago

yup.. iOS 4.3.1 not support Action Menu yet.. need to wait for action menu support iOs 4.3.1 …

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

It installs but it does not work lol…

It works in all apps except iPod app. You need to reboot your iPhone after installing Celeste to get it working!

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

Does the official bluetooth of the iphone need to be on or off?

I did restart the iPhone and i enable it in SBsettings and it just disables itself…

My Bluetooth icon in SBSettings is always green when i turn if ON. I can also see Bluetooth icon in my status bar.

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

I used filezilla to change the specific file which works fine.. but when the phone restarts or the springboard reloads the plist file settings changes back to 4.3.1.. so i dont see how that helps..

I couldent install action menu from big boss it would say install action menu LOL what the frig do you think i am trying to do you stupid cydia? lmao…

But i installed 1.1.1c just now form Modmyi

I just saw a celeste for 4.3.1 in cydia.. It snot official but i am trying it any way lol

Have you tried changing the SystemVersion.plist with iFile app?

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

No… i will try that way see if it helps :)

iphone5 years, 5 months ago

Able to install but still not working, error “celeste was not purchased”. Any help? thx

You need to buy Celeste from ModMyi repo. If you can not afford, install cracked version from BiteYourApple repo!

AqimKazama5 years, 5 months ago

hey.. your idea awesome… btw.. can anyring support ios 4.3.1?

I will see if it works using this trick ;)

Ok just found out that Anyring is already updated to 4.23 and is now compatible with iOS 4.23. However cracked version (v3.2.1) is not compatible with iOS 4.3.1 which you can install using this trick!

is there any solution for 4.2.1? I can’t update to 4.3.1 on my 3G
    thanks

Dude you are already on iOS 4.2.1. You can install Celeste directly from Cydia as it is already compatible with iOS 4.2.1.

I mean the cracked one. on 4.2.1
        Looking for working crack, but still no luck. That deb from BiteYourApple is not working for me. iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1. Got it installed, but can’t enable it in SBSettings toggle, always disabled itself when i close SBSettings. And of course, can’t transfer/receive anything.
        Any help?

ChSchuldiner5 years, 5 months ago

It worked, but I can never send anything other than photos, if I hold down on a song there is no send option. Secondly I can’t get it to transfer between 2 iDevices and the status bar keeps appearing on the right side of my screen on the homescreen whenever i unlock my iphone after using celeste.

Just follow the instructions i told to John in the above comment.

ChSchuldiner5 years, 5 months ago

I left it at iOS 4.2.1 in the iFile .plist. I’m still unable to send anything that uses actionmenu to send stuff.

John5 years, 5 months ago

After following this method, it seems to work. However, every time i go to install anything from Cydia it wants to remove Action Menu and Celeste as part of the installation.

To solve this issue, do not change the ProductBuildVersion and ProductVersion back to its default value.

AqimKazama5 years, 5 months ago

The ProductBuildVersion can change back.. Unless you download Action Menu from bigboss on ios 4.2.1.. it works to me.. using ios 4.3.1

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

Shame because its so much easier to do then the other way of doing it

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

This did not work for me… but i used ssh on my mac not ifilie though they do the same thing? but ifilie would not install

Yes, SSH using CyberDuck and copy SystemVersion.plist to your hard-disk drive. Edit it as shown in the screenshots in post and replace it with the one on your iDevice. iFile is just a file manager within iPhone. If you are having issues in SSH’ing into your iDevice, just use iPhone Explorer.

liverpool-luke5 years, 5 months ago

Great walk around, only issues I have found is once you have restored your file back to 4.3.1 if you install another cydia tweak cydia try’s to remove celeste :( will try find a walk around for that tomorrow

You can fix that by downloading Action Menu for Celeste for iOS 4.3.1 from http://iphone3gsystem.fr/cydia repo!

John5 years, 5 months ago

I just did this, but now celeste installation page telling me i still need action menu. Do i need to do this whole 4.3.1 to 4.2.1 process again after installing ‘Action Nenu for Celeste’ in order to get celeste back?

Just remove everything including Action Menu and Celeste. Make sure your ProductBuildVersion is 8C148 and ProductVersion is 4.2.1. Reboot your iPhone and first install Action Menu 1.1.1 from BigBoss repo and then install Celeste from BiteYourApple repo (If you have not purchased it). Do not change variable values back to default in SystemVersion.plist. Just reboot for the last time once u have installed everything.

John5 years, 5 months ago

Reboot then change system version?

Yeah but never change back to iOS 4.3.1 in anycase!

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

It does not let me install action menu from BigBoss after doing that .. :/ i edited the file re-uploaded it and rebooted the iPhone and still nothing

After rebooting, make sure ProductBuildVersion is 8C148 and ProductVersion is 4.2.1. Also in Cydia home-page, scroll down to the bottom, you should see iOS 4.2.1 written!

Grigoris5 years, 5 months ago

never change it back to 4.3.1? until there is an update for celest of course to work with 4.3.1?

Yea, changing SystemVersion.plist values back to iOS 4.3.1 makes Cydia to remove Celeste whenever you install, uninstall or upgrade any other Cydia app.