After installing Installous 4.4.1 on their iDevices on iOS 4.3.x, many people reported that they are getting API Unavailable and API Permission Denied error while downloading cracked apps from Installous. Just to clarify, none of these errors are related to Invalid IPA error which is usually thrown by Installous due to AppSync incompatibility.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulo.us repo is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.
API Error: API Unavailable
Installous API Unavailable error means Installous is unable to communicate with Apptracker server. For those who don't know, Apptracker is a web-based version of Installous which allows you to download IPA files directly on your desktop PC or Mac.
How to Fix:
- Make sure you are connected to a WiFi with an active internet connection.
- If your internet connection is working fine, open Apptrackr.org in your stock Safari browser. There is much possibility that your ISP has blocked this website to discourage you from downloading pirated apps.
- Apptracker website is down. You need to wait for few minutes before Apptracker server goes live again.
API Error: Permission Denied
Without any doubt, Installous API Permission Denied error means your IP address has been blocked by gurus at Apptracker. This can be a temporary or a permanent ban because of excessive requests to Installous API.
- If you have dynamic IP address, wait for next 24-hours as every dynamic IP gets renewed on daily basis.
- Find your IP address by visiting this website and request folks at Installous forum to unlock it.
- Use a proxy server to access internet. To do that, go to Settings » Wi-Fi » Wi-Fi Network and choose your HTTP Proxy by tapping on the Manual button. You can get free proxy-server list through this website.
Hackulo.us has now officially addressed the reason why so many Installous users have been facing the dreaded API error in recent months. If all goes well as planned, a timeframe of 2-4 weeks is what the Hackulo.us team requires to resolve this issue once and for all. So please be patient. Read more.