Fix Installous API Unavailable & API Permission Denied Error

After installing Installous 4.4.1 on their iDevices on iOS 4.3.x, many people reported that they are getting API Unavailable and API Permission Denied error while downloading cracked apps from Installous. Just to clarify, none of these errors are related to Invalid IPA error which is usually thrown by Installous due to AppSync incompatibility.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulo.us repo is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.

API Error: API Unavailable

Installous API Error
Installous API Unavailable error means Installous is unable to communicate with Apptracker server. For those who don't know, Apptracker is a web-based version of Installous which allows you to download IPA files directly on your desktop PC or Mac.

How to Fix:

1. Make sure you are connected to a WiFi with an active internet connection.
  2. If your internet connection is working fine, open Apptrackr.org in your stock Safari browser. There is much possibility that your ISP has blocked this website to discourage you from downloading pirated apps.
  3. Apptracker website is down. You need to wait for few minutes before Apptracker server goes live again.

API Error: Permission Denied

Installous API Permission Denied
Without any doubt, Installous API Permission Denied error means your IP address has been blocked by gurus at Apptracker. This can be a temporary or a permanent ban because of excessive requests to Installous API.

1. If you have dynamic IP address, wait for next 24-hours as every dynamic IP gets renewed on daily basis.
  2. Find your IP address by visiting this website and request folks at Installous forum to unlock it.
  3. Use a proxy server to access internet. To do that, go to Settings » Wi-Fi » Wi-Fi Network and choose your HTTP Proxy by tapping on the Manual button. You can get free proxy-server list through this website.

Update#1

Hackulo.us has now officially addressed the reason why so many Installous users have been facing the dreaded API error in recent months. If all goes well as planned, a timeframe of 2-4 weeks is what the Hackulo.us team requires to resolve this issue once and for all. So please be patient. Read more.

Check Out These Top Posts:

Pan Xin1 year, 9 months ago

Why not use Installous 5?

Imda1ushldthnkof4 years, 9 months ago

Does any one know how to fix the file ape messeges whe it tells you that the file does not exist or is temporarily unavailable

Badboys894 years, 10 months ago

Hi other problem when i get jailbrake 5.0.1 on iphone 4gs now the problem is sim error i lose my sim card conection untel i restart my phone then i get back my antena conection thx

Jad hajj5 years, 1 month ago

The apptrackr.org doesnt open on safari

Yep, for some reason its currently down.

soumya5 years, 4 months ago

hey can plz tell me is jailbreak required to us installous …?

Mimie5 years, 4 months ago

Hi, my installous can download apps but when i wanted to install it, there’s a pop up that says installation failed: invalid ipa. Please help

unknown5 years, 4 months ago

Here http://bit.ly/nfi9OM, Hackulo.us explains why we are having this problem

Thanks unknown for bringing it up, Hackulo.us has infact responded to the dreaded API Errors seen very frequently in the recent month. You can read more about this here http://bit.ly/nfi9OM.

Emco5 years, 4 months ago

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, IT WORKED!!!!! :D

Esy5 years, 4 months ago

Just clear cache in safari worked right away

Meniac5 years, 4 months ago

I’m getting the API unavailable message so I tried downloading the apps directly from apptrackr to my computer and uploading to my iPad. The problem is, when I try to sync my apps, it doesn’t upload the new apps I just downloaded from apptrackr. Instead, I get an error message saying that “some of apps in your iTunes library were not installed on the iPad because one or more errors occurred.” When I check the error for each app, it just says an unknown error occurred. I have app sync installed on my iPad. Do you know what the issue may be?

Are you sure that the downloaded IPAs are iPad compatible iOS apps? As long as iTunes not returning you a hexadecimal error message, iPad incompatible apps is your issue. AppSync must be installed on your iPad as well for the sync to happen.

coconut5 years, 4 months ago

I can open apptrackr.org on my ipad, but still get “API unavailable” error

Did you try the steps mentioned in the post? Any luck with that?
      You might want to try this solution which seemed to have worked for one of our reader iAmCydia (Make sure you thank him if it works or not).

If you have xSellize repo installed as one of the sources.
      1. Remove the xSellize Repo from your Cydia’s sources.
      2. Now remove AppSync ( this will remove Installous as well).
      3. Once uninstalled, search Installous and it will install AppSync 4.0+. (This should be coming from the Hackulo repo.)
      4. Then add the xSellize repo as u like later.

If you don’t have the xSellize repo installed, follow this:
      1. Find the AppSync you need (from Hackulo’s repo)
      2. Install AppSync before installing Installous
      3. After AppSync is installed, install Installous
      4. Installous should work now.

Jake5 years, 4 months ago

But my brothers installous works! First it said invalid ip now it says API or something like that

Did you try the dynamic IP step as mentioned in the guide? What did Installous say after that?

swa5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Pramod, same problem with installous… I hv dwnloded apps on ma comp. though thr apptrakr.org What is IPA that u r mentioning? n how I can dwnlod it frm apptrakr?

Just sync them back to your iPhone using iTunes like any other app.

Jake5 years, 4 months ago

How do I get a new ip address… I’m not much of a computer guy I don’t get it

Disconnect & reconnect your router. If your ISP supports dynamic addressing, you’ll get a new IP address. But right now, AppTrackr is down, so you need not worry about it.

Ben5 years, 4 months ago

Hey guys,

Try closing all the processes, going into settings then safari then clearing the cache and cookies. After this open up installous and try again. This worked for me once. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ben

SarCastro5 years, 4 months ago

Apptrackr & installous is down for me.

Coconut5 years, 4 months ago

I can’t open Apptrackr on either my ipad or computer

Tarcisio5 years, 4 months ago

I’m having this problem is already two days does not show the links to download appstore appears only in the version of my iPad (2) and 4.3.3 ta someone with the same problem in this version? only happens with some other applications to download still says the error api api unavailable as in both Installous apptracker

Have you tried accessing Apptrackr from your PC? Because it is definitely accessible for me.

Ham5 years, 4 months ago

I went in to installous everything work fine but when I click download API unavailable pops up and the only download link is AppStore I went into apptrackr I also don’t see any link to download

Read my previous comments. Its possibly the same issue what everyone’s facing for quite sometime now.

tarcisio5 years, 4 months ago

good day!
    I have a problem I can not download anything apptracker api error says the site is down for maintenance?

Yes, it is down for nearly a day due to site maintenance. No ETA.

Ben5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks so much Pramod for answering all these questions without fail. I think we all owe him a big TY!

Regards

Ben

Just doing my best to serve all our beloved readers here at Jaxov. :D

John Doe5 years, 4 months ago

I realize that those recently updated apps on Apptrackr are all downloadable, ie. those links are seen and active. But if you would to try on those older apps on this site, are currently all without the download links (fileape, mediafire etc).

Any idea what’s going on?

Probably they making changes to their hosting servers or might be cleaning up old version files of the same app. You might need to wait for a few hours until you check back in.

patriot9705 years, 4 months ago

i can go to apptrackr.org but when i click on an app the version is there but no links. ive tried all the steps. what do i do??

Site maintenance possibly by Hackulo & AppTrackr. You might need to check back in later.

Aaron5 years, 4 months ago

Too hectic for jailbreak and what not. There should be a stabler App that ensures direct download without external links and sites. Take for Tiny Wings in Installous 4.4, there are NO sites that you can download from.

A probable site maintenance might be in place. If you may have noticed, it all started within the last 2 days. So you might want to just hold off on the downloads for quite sometime.

cosmin5 years, 4 months ago

hello all the apptrackr download links are gone. I`m the only one who see thease???

A possible site maintenance. Many are facing the same issue with Apptrackr & Installous like you.

Steven5 years, 4 months ago

Do any of you notice that only some links show on apptrackr and some don’t? Like Reeder for example, there are no download links. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Yes, many readers are facing the same issue as you are with Apptrackr & Installous. Possibly they are undergoing a site maintenance period. You might need to check back in alter.

Ben5 years, 4 months ago

Hey man, I have an iPhone 3GS on ios 4.0.1 (8A306).
    I am running Installous 4.4.2 and have been since I 4.4.2 came out. I am only getting the API Unavailable Error and not any of the other ones. I have followed the steps and went to apptrackr.org on the iPhone itself and it worked fine. The error thing only started today
    And installous was working fine all these days.
    Please help!
    Thanks.
    Ben

Its probably the update that’s causing this issue. You’ll need to wait for the Installous guys to fix this issue which many people are facing. Give it a try after a few hours to see if it gets resolved.

EggRoll5 years, 4 months ago

Im confused… o.o”

iuk5 years, 4 months ago

Hi guys, same problem for me, but when I go to apptrackr.org it opens the website but can’t click on the links for the download.
    That means that my ISP blocked the website or the apptrackr is down?

Apptrackr seems to be up and running just fine. Are you sure your clicking the right download link from a list of uploaders?

Yao5 years, 4 months ago

Hey

I don’t seem to be able to download directly of apptrackr.org

please advise, i have create an account and log in. But still don’t see a downloadable link for the selected IPA

All you need to do is scroll down to the bottom and choose a file storage link from any one of the uploaders. Make sure that your accessing http://apptrackr.org.

Tashi Shiekh5 years, 4 months ago

I am on firmware 4.1 and my istallous 4.4.2 has been working fine until now when it gives me a meassage of API error or API unavailable for all the paid applications. The ones which are free on APP store connect to the server just fine!…Any suggestions?

Download the IPA that you want from AppTrackr and sync it back into your iPhone. It much more easier than Installous.

Diego5 years, 4 months ago

Sorry to bother bt I can’t get my installous to work it just says API error and I followed the steps and nothing it just keeps saying same thing. So I try to download the apps directly from app tracker on my iPad bt it says safari is unable to download this file so idk what to do please help and thank you

You need to download IPAs from apptrackr on your computer & not on your iPad. You need to then transfer them back onto your iPad using iTunes sync.

firayz5 years, 4 months ago

Its works! TQ so much..

firayz5 years, 4 months ago

how to dwload the IPAs of apptracjr.org to my pc? i’m using general WIFI connection.

firayz5 years, 4 months ago

hi,
    after select the game & begin to download(installous 4). download progress hang after i key-in the capthca…waiting 4 so long n nothing happen…i had tried other provided link but same case happened. pls help, TQ.

Use your PC instead to download the IPAs off apptrackr.org to your PC and transfer them to your iPhone using iTunes.They are much more reliable & easier than downloading them from installous. Both host the same files you know.

tamago5 years, 5 months ago

Hi I got the “API Error API Unavailable”
    I try going to apptrackr.org on safari but it says “Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet”. But when I go to the goggle page it works! that means my internet is fine i just can’t access the apptrackr.org page.

What should I do?

Probably Apptrackr.org is down. Retry after a few hours/it may be that your service provider has blocked Apptrackr to curb piracy.

Pao5 years, 5 months ago

Hi im just wondering why my installous is not working eventhough I went to apptrackr and could download a game also but when I go to installous it writes API unavailable error could some one help plz

Did you follow the steps mentioned here? Try them out first.

Merel5 years, 5 months ago

I don’t understand
    it says “api unavailable”, but i can enter the apptrackr.org
    So what do i have to do ? =(

Merel5 years, 5 months ago

Note on my last reaction:

He already works! I don’t know how, but he does :)!

Hamza5 years, 5 months ago

Hey, so I’m totally confused. Im using a home router, and whenever i go onto installous 4 it says api error. I read the above comments but i still dont understand. What am I suppoused to do. Can you give me step by step instructions please!
    Thanks!

For instructions, all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned here on the post. That should get your issue resolved. Try them out first.

Susan5 years, 5 months ago

I jailbroken my ipad2 this morning. and installous works fine but not until this evening. it started showing me API unavailable no matter how i tried to uninstall and reinstall.

I tried accessing apptrackr.org from ipad’s safari and it shows: 500-internal server error. But when i access from my laptop, it works.
    Both laptop n ipad2 are using house wifi.

What can i do about it?
    pls help thanks.

Its probably because the Installous server is down (500 Internal server Error). You might need to wait for a few hours until you check back Installous again.

Yehoshua5 years, 5 months ago

Installous gives me an “api error API un available” error and when I go to apptrackr.org In safari it works what can I do to get installous to work I need to use it!
    Thank you!

Did you try fixing this issue by following the steps mentioned here? What about dynamic IP settings?

Robin5 years, 5 months ago

I got the api unavailable error on installous but my internet connection works fine, I can enter the apptracker.org website and I’ve even downloaded an app on my macbook. I don’t know how to sync the app to my ipad but it shows there no problem with the internet page and / or my connection.

What can I do to make installous work again?

EDIT: It suddenly started working again so I’ll quess I was banned and unbanned at the moment I checked on my macbook. I’ll take some more of my sweet time from now on ;)

Thnx for the article, really helped me out since tons of other sites keep referring to the appsync solution wich doesn’t really work..

Keep it up!

dentillozie5 years, 5 months ago

what can i do if my iSP has blocked those sites??

but it worked 1 time and now im getting api unavailable

ps. im in a hotel now is outside my country can that be the reason ( i already downloaded a app in the hotel)

i dont think the site is down cuz i can go on the site and select apps and stuff

thanx :)

What sites are you talking about that your ISP has blocked?
      If you were able to install an app off Installous, I really don’t think that you have been blocked by your ISP. Try to access the Apptrackr website from your normal desktop machine to see if its accessible or not. If not, then your ISP has blocked it and probably cannot do anything about that.

james5 years, 5 months ago

try Deleting your wifi access point n adding it again. i tried for me it works.

Scooby19825 years, 5 months ago

Hey i manage to enter apptracker but when i try to download the ipa it say this ”
    You were viewing applications too quickly, and you were automatically banned because our system thinks you may be scraping our website for content (something that we do not allow) or that you’re an automated bot of some kind. You should be automatically unbanned soon.”……… Can u plz help me ?

Make sure you don’t download tons of apps at one particular time. Take your sweet time a patiently browse through them. I know its not your fault, but there are certain automated scripts out there that downloads random apps OFF their site and Apptrackr just thinks your one of them. Its a precautionary measure.
      If your network is on a Dynamic IP addressing scheme, you can go ahead and very well reset your router to get a new one and start browsing.
      If it was a static one, you might need to request Dissident (Root admin of hackulo.us) to get you unbanned. Follow this link.
      Use them only in case you don’t get unbanned in a few hours.

s5 years, 5 months ago

what am i supposed to do after i enter apptracker.org?

Download an IPA to your computer and drop it into iTunes app for Syncing with your iDevice.

Spiker5 years, 5 months ago

how can i ask installous folks to unblock my ip

Wait for a dynamic IP to come up after 24hrs. If your on a Wi-Fi home network, reset it to get a new IP from your service provider and retry.

Kevin695 years, 5 months ago

I checked and the website is down lol

You’ll need to wait for a few hours before it comes back live. :(

BenPJohn5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks! You are the only one who knew real reasons behind these errors. All other YouTubers have only one solution and that is “Reinstall AppSync” :S