Here is a quick tip for those who are getting Invalid IPA: Installation Failed error while installing cracked apps from Installous 4.4.1. To fix this error, all you need is to uninstall previous installations of AppSync and then re-install AppSync from Hackulous repo. To check if you have installed AppSync from a repo other than Hackulous, just follow this simple guide.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.
Note: I am assuming that you have already installed Installous 4.4.1 on your iDevice which is running iOS 4.x.x. If you haven't installed Installous 4.4.1 yet, follow our step-by-step guide here.
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice and tap on the Search tab at the bottom. Type AppSync in the search field and hit ths Search button. From the search results, you can see if you have any previous installations of AppSync. Just choose the one infront of which you see the ✓ sign.
- Just choose the Remove option and wait while Cydia removes it from your iDevice.
- Once removed, tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section. You will find a list of stock and other Cydia repos in this section. Scroll down and tap on the Hackulo.us repo. Here you will see different versions of AppSync app. If you are on iOS 4.x.x, choose AppSync for 4.0+ and if you are on iOS 3.x.x, choose AppSync for OS 3.1.
- As my iPhone 4 is jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3, so i will be choosing AppSync for iOS 4.0+. Tap on the Install button on the top-right to proceed with installation of AppSync on your iDevice.
- After installing AppSync, do not forget to reboot your iPhone. Open Installous app and try to install any IPA. Hopefully this time you will not get any Invalid IPA file error.