Here is a quick tip for those who are getting Invalid IPA: Installation Failed error while installing cracked apps from Installous 4.4.1. To fix this error, all you need is to uninstall previous installations of AppSync and then re-install AppSync from Hackulous repo. To check if you have installed AppSync from a repo other than Hackulous, just follow this simple guide.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.

Installous Invalid IPA Installation Failed How to Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.x?
Note: I am assuming that you have already installed Installous 4.4.1 on your iDevice which is running iOS 4.x.x. If you haven't installed Installous 4.4.1 yet, follow our step-by-step guide here.

1. Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice and tap on the Search tab at the bottom. Type AppSync in the search field and hit ths Search button. From the search results, you can see if you have any previous installations of AppSync. Just choose the one infront of which you see the ✓ sign.
  2. Search AppSync in Cydia How to Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.x?

3. Just choose the Remove option and wait while Cydia removes it from your iDevice.
  4. Remove AppSync from Cydia How to Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.x?

5. Once removed, tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section. You will find a list of stock and other Cydia repos in this section. Scroll down and tap on the Hackulo.us repo. Here you will see different versions of AppSync app. If you are on iOS 4.x.x, choose AppSync for 4.0+ and if you are on iOS 3.x.x, choose AppSync for OS 3.1.
  6. AppSync in Hackulous How to Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.x?

7. As my iPhone 4 is jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3, so i will be choosing AppSync for iOS 4.0+. Tap on the Install button on the top-right to proceed with installation of AppSync on your iDevice.
  8. AppSync for iOS 4.0+ How to Fix Installous 4.4.1 Invalid IPA: Installation Failed Error on iOS 4.3.x?

9. After installing AppSync, do not forget to reboot your iPhone. Open Installous app and try to install any IPA. Hopefully this time you will not get any Invalid IPA file error.

Recommended Read:

Tung2 years, 1 month ago

Im using ios 4.3.3,i lost my installous 4 after try this solution,i cant download installous 4 from Cydia because there are only installous 5 on Cydia now,any suggestion to slove this problem?if not i will try to update my firmway =(

Dude2 years, 4 months ago

It won’t download it always says Canot comply

Anonymous2 years, 8 months ago

does this work on 5.0.0? because it did not work on mine

Dardan-ll2 years, 8 months ago

Thank you very much. Every thing is fine now :)

Bernis Cia As2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you ! You helped me very very very much !

FarhanShafi2 years, 12 months ago

Just to add on ur advised above mentioned when I removed the Appsync as informed the Installous is also removed. I think u missed this part of job in guiding that when u remove appsync Installous also get removed and it needs to be re installed.

Soumayyah2 years, 9 months ago

Yes got the same problem. though i reinstall both, my problem is not solved!!! :(  any other solution??

Guest2 years, 8 months ago

same here wtf?

FarhanShafi2 years, 12 months ago

@shawn Are u Shawn Malik

soccerman1793 years ago

Thank you very much, everything is fine now. :)

claire3 years, 1 month ago

i’ve followed the instruction exactly but still useless..
    btw.. mine is version 4.3.3

Seems to be working for so many others though.

Ajitan42 years, 9 months ago

try some other apps maybe the app is really invalid

Sammy3 years, 1 month ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Fixed everything works like a charm!

HELPmePLZ3 years, 2 months ago

I’ve spent weeks trying to find a fix. I reinstalled appsyn 100 times n I’ve done everything but restore my iPod. Installous says Invalid IPA and When I try to download it Via AppStore it says error unable to install. PLZ HELP ME! ive tried everything I even tried downloading it from my desktop n syncing it to my iPod still doesn’t work

Did you instead try a fresh install of your iOS that your currently running & then installing the apps from the App Store / Installous?

iFayz3 years, 3 months ago

La methode iAmCydia Fonctionne !! YEEESSS

Heart Hacker3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks man it works for me!

kelly3 years, 3 months ago

for me, its helped!
    Thanks very much!!

Ben3 years, 4 months ago

I have installous 4 and i have installed appsync 4+ and i was getting “invalid ipa” so i reinstalled the appsync but im still getting the invalid ipa

Read my previous replies to other readers for resolving the same issue.

KEN3 years, 4 months ago

excusez-moi pour le message que j’ai ecrit je vais le réécrire : J’ais réinstaller installous et appsync mais sa m’ecrit toujours instalation failed invalid ipa

PS: j’ai un ipod touch 4g

If your still having issues with the Invalid IPAs, download your app from http://apptrackr.org/ instead onto your PC & sync it back to your iPT4G via iTunes. Make sure that you still have AppSync installed.

Shola3 years, 4 months ago

Hmm article doesn’t mention that u have to re-install Installous after, as an iphone newb that was a small ‘Arg’! moment when I realised it was gone, just go back into Cydia and re-install:) Also didn’t solve my ‘installation failed’ prob or my ‘download failed unexpected content’ thing.

If Installous doesn’t work right, download the IPAs separately onto your desktop instead & sync them back to your iPhone via iTunes. Make sure that you still haven’t removed AppSync.

Rob3 years, 4 months ago

My installous is now gone! Followed directions exactly…even rebooting iPhone!

Reinstall it from the Hackulo.us repo again if Installous isn’t marked in Cydia with a check mark.

alee3 years, 4 months ago

thnx!!! worked for me. was able to dl one app that i have been trying to for the last three days. will see if larger apps dl as well.

shawn3 years, 4 months ago

Hi

I am trying to download big games from installous but it always say invalid ipa. I tried everything and still says invalid ipa. I even tried to download from apptrackr.org but its not syncing. I really need some help?

mimie3 years, 4 months ago

why does my hackulo.us doesnt have appsync for 4.0+? the source is cydia.hackulo.us right?
    Update: nevermind! i got it fixed already! i just installed installous from the hackulo.us and it installed appsync for 4.0+ automatically *i think. thanks! this web has been such a help!

Yes, AppSync comes as an installable along with Installous. It can also be downloaded as a separate install from the same repo.

Gustavo3 years, 4 months ago

I’ve tried, but it did’t work… continue appearing fail in .IPA. I have a Ipad on 4.3.3 and I did everything that you said, but the problem continue. Do you Know what’s going on? How can I fix it?

Well if it didn’t work for you, download the IPAs directly from http://apptrackr.org & then sync them back onto your iPad via iTunes instead.

Sarah3 years, 4 months ago

Oh I checked my iOS and it turns out I should have installed AppSync for 4.0+ (sorry I’m an iPhone noob lol) but I still have the same exact error that drove me to come here in the first place- it says Invalid IPA :(

Sarah3 years, 4 months ago

I followed the guide exactly but I’m stuck at trying to install AppSync for OS 3.1! It is giving me the notification that “The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.” Can you please help me and tell me what to do?
    It is saying “Depends iOS Firmware = 3.1/ Depends iOS Firmware = 3.1.1, Depends iOS Firmware = 3.1.2/ Depends iOS Firmware = 3.1.3/ Depends iOS Firmware = 3.1.4?

If your on an iOS version 3.x, you need to install the AppSync 3.0+ version & if your on an iOS version 4.x, the AppSync 4.0+ must be your choice.

Sergo3 years, 5 months ago

Fixed!!!Thanks a Lot.

MAYANK3 years, 5 months ago

it worked……thank you

cemi3 years, 5 months ago

Belal3 years, 5 months ago

That Was Awesome !! .. It Worked Perfectly, without having to Reboot !! .. Thanx Dude :) ..

Gotty3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks so much [it works just fine now]

iAmCydia3 years, 5 months ago

Quote: “this also commonly happens if you have xsellize repo..

do this.

you need to remove the xsellize repo first. bcoz when u install installous, it installs Appsync (from xsellize repo).

solutions is below.

1. remove xsellize repo
    2. remoe appsync ( this will remove installous too)
    3. search installous and it will install appsync 4.0+

4. then add xsellize repo as u like.”

Hello I have a solution that helps w/o removing xsellize,i have the source and i figured this out:

1. Find the appsyn you need (from hackulo repo)
    2. Install the appsyn before installous
    3. after appsyn is done,install installous
    4. It should only install installous and it should work now :]

khan3 years, 5 months ago

am having on iphon4 4.3.3 trouble with this IPA not available tryd everything nothing works any help??????????????????????

Read my previous comment to the reader just above you.

Harry3 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I’ve got an iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.3 but every time I try to download an app from installous but every time it comes up with an ipa error and when I downloaded the correct appsync app nothing changed

gregor3 years, 5 months ago

i really have tried everything to fix this problem on my iphone4, but now when i tap on a app on installous it goes back to the home screen. i have tried reinstalling everything. plz help me.

Download the IPA that you want from AppTrackr and sync it back into your iPhone. It much more easier than Installous itself. Don’t use Installous if you say that you have infact tried every trick in the book.

Roro3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks ur so so smart ilove u ?thaaaaaaaaaanks so much

ryan3 years, 5 months ago

tnx…. it is very effective to my iphone 4 version 4.3.3… can anyone knows how to unlock my iphone with baseband 04.10.01.. tnx

Currently, the Gevey SIM interposer is your only option.

Gia long3 years, 5 months ago

hey thanks for the tips :)

ipa thing is working but my installous is extremely slow, and i have good connection?

any tips thanks ;)

Are you using an iP3G? Because if that’s the case, they are pretty slow by default with iOS 4.2.1 itself. If your talking about the Installous’s in-app speed, not sure though why it would behave like that inspite of a good internet connection.

Jessie3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for you solution:)
    However i dont know why my iphone doesnt work…
    When i tried to delet the old appsync, it said “trying to overwrite ‘/usr/bin/pathcsync’, which is also in package com.sinfuliphone.appsync40plus” and ” Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code(1)”…
    Is there other way to fix it…?
    Please help, Thanks!

Zaid3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks alot dude i was looking for a solve for over a week and u finally showed me the right way. Thanks again dude u r the best!

Darren3 years, 5 months ago

Paras Tolani u legend

Alex3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks a lot man, really helped. i was dealing with this for one day and couldn’t find a solution. Great Job!!!

Paras Tolani3 years, 5 months ago

this also commonly happens if you have xsellize repo..

do this.

solutions is below.

1. remove xsellize repo
    2. remoe appsync ( this will remove installous too)
    3. search installous and it will install appsync 4.0+

4. then add xsellize repo as u like.

mona3 years, 5 months ago

i already have appsycn but i still have this problem,,, any suggestions?

Have you followed the guide? You’ll need to uninstall & reinstall AppSync before you start with it.

PharrGyi_Singapore3 years, 6 months ago

Please try the following.. hope it helps..
    You can clear your cache or cookies in ‘Settings’, ‘Safari’

If that doesn’t help, pls try the following…

‘Settings’, then ‘carrier’, unchecked ‘Automatic’,

wait for a while to see all the available service providers just below ‘Automatic’ function, then choose ur? service provider manually.. e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, SingTel, StarHub,etc.. then **’REBOOT’**(//##important##//*)..

NOTE (important) : you may still need to switch between ‘Automatic’ and ‘Manual’ carrier mode since you may still encounter the same issue while you are in ‘Manual’ carrier mode. Just switch them vice versa..

if you think your service provider’s 3G is not powerful enough, please try to install ‘My3G Cracked’ from SinfuliPhone.. It makes ur iphone thinks 3G as WiFi.. hv fun..

Sam3 years, 6 months ago

Ya great it did work for me…. Thanks

Henry3 years, 6 months ago

I tried download AppSync 3.1 but it won’t download. It says “Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.” Please help D:

This can happen because sometimes the iOS version your trying to install is different from your phone’s iOS. Can you also tell me what the dependencies are that is conflicting? It’ll show you a complete list of details in the same page where it shows the error. Make sure your choosing the 4.x Installous package to download on your 4.x iOS. Good luck. :)

deljugo3 years, 6 months ago

It didnt work for me do you know any other way?

Have you uninstalled the eralier version of Installous from your iPhone and then installed the same from the cydia.hackulo.us repo? What error does it show?

mike3 years, 6 months ago

which appsync with the ? sign lol im kind of confused

arjun3 years, 6 months ago

thank you it worked… awesomee..

Zac3 years, 7 months ago

THANKS BRO ITS SO GOOD BEING ABLE TO INSTALL STUFF AGAIN :D

Serkan3 years, 7 months ago

Excellent job! It’s working. Thank’s a loooot mate!!!

SJ3 years, 7 months ago

Yeah.. It works. thanks for your help..

alek3 years, 7 months ago

yo dude ty so much this helped so much

Works3 years, 7 months ago

Finally fixed my installous thx!! I was getting invalid ipa on all dl’s and even on old ipas that i had already installed – i think it started after i installed appcake. Reinstalling appsync fixed it – didn’t even have to reboot.

Sanna3 years, 7 months ago

Great fix, worked perfectly. Thanks!

john3 years, 7 months ago

Hi, my ipod touch have been adding so weird. I cant even add hackulo.us without getting errors. The source will appear as added but I don’t think all the files were downloaded. For example, I don’t see AppSync 4.0, I only see appsync for OS 3.1 and AppSync for OS 3.2. Please help. I have tried using other sources too, but my ipod (version 4.3.2) always seem to fail on downloading/installing things. I fail to install AppSync 4.0 from another source and I have also failed to download a GameboyAdance successfully. The gameboyAdvance I managed to download could not save any data.

johan3 years, 8 months ago

Its not working for my iPod Touch 4G.