Here is a quick tip for those who want to restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW on Mac OS X without any restore error. To restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW, you need to put your iDevice into Pwned DFU Mode by using iREB. Unfortunately iREB for Mac OS X is not available yet, so here is a workaround which will teach you how you can patch the iBoot of your iDevice on Mac OS X using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14.
Steps to Put iDevice into Pwned DFU Mode to Restore iOS 4.3.2 CFW:
- Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Mac OS X from here
- Download iOS 4.3.2 stock IPSW for your iDevice from here
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Mac OS X from here
- Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 and click on the Browse button. Choose iOS 4.3.2 stock IPSW and wait while Redsn0w process the provided IPSW.
- Uncheck all other jailbreak options except Just enter pwned DFU mode right now
- Plug your iDevice to your PC or Mac and turn it OFF completely by pressing the Power button.
- Now put your iDevice into DFU mode using the following instructions:
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback