Yesterday i tried to enable custom animated boot logos on my iPhone 4 by running Redsn0w 0.9.6RC11 over my existing PwnageTool 4.3 jailbreak but unfortunately ended in some serious Cydia errors. Everytime i tried to reload my Cydia sources, i got Error: Cached Failure message. Similarly installing any Cydia package resulted in Error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. Finally after 2 hours of troubleshooting, i found a solution and saved myself from restoring my iPhone again.
Steps to Fix Cydia HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found & Cached Failure Error:
There is a single and easy solution to both of these error messages. During the steps below, make sure NOT to delete any DIRECTORY otherwise your Cydia will fail to open. Also write down the names of the custom Cydia repos you have added before proceeding to the steps below. In this case i will be using iPhone Explorer to delete some files, however if you have iFile already installed, you can always use it.
- Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac and open iPhone Explorer software. Navigate to the following location and delete all files within partial directory.
- Navigate one directory up and delete all files in lists directory. Make sure not to delete the partial folder otherwise your Cydia will crash.
- Now navigate to the following location and delete metadata.plist file from cydia directory.
- Navigate to the following location and delete all files within sources.list.d directory.
- Thats it! Respring or reboot your iPhone and hopefully this time you won't get any 404 or cached failure error.
Do let me know in the comments section below if this method worked for you!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback