Folks at PushFix repo has released an unofficial Ultrasn0w Fixer which can unlock iPhone 4 01.59.00 baseband on iOS 4.3.1. For those who don't know, Ultrasn0w 1.2 was broken on iOS 4.3.x due to Apple ASLR security feature which broke Ultrasn0w code naively using 0x1000 as the main executable base address. Msft.Guy (@msft_guy) was the first one who fixed Ultrasn0w on all the betas and GM build of iOS 4.3 and later iH8sn0w ported the fix to iOS 4.3 by releasing Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4.
Steps to Install Ultrasn0w Fixer on iPhone 4 Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone 4.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section.
- Enter http://cydia.pushfix.info/ as Cydia/APT URL and wait for Cydia to reload its sources.
- Click on the Search tab at the bottom and type Ultrasn0w Fixer in the search field. Choose Ultrasn0w fixer for 4.3.1 from the search results and click on Install button on the top-right to install Ultrasn0w fixer. If you haven't already installed Ultrasn0w 1.2, it will automatically install it along with the fixer.
- Thats it. Reboot your iPhone once installation has been done.
Update#1: DjayB6 (@DJayB6) who happens to be a well-known PwnageTool bundle creator has also released his Ultrasn0w Fixer for iPhone 4. DjayB6 previously released Ultrasn0w Fixer to fix Ultrasn0w 1.2 on iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 3GS. To install DJayB6's Ultrasn0w fixer, just add http://djayb6.com/ repo to Cydia and search iPhone 4 Ultrasn0w Fixer. Before installing DjayB6's Ultrasn0w Fixer, make sure you have installed Ultrasn0w 1.2 from official Ultrasn0w repo (http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com)
Please try these unofficial Ultrasn0w fixers at your own risk. My iPhone 4 is running 02.10.04 baseband, so i am unable to test these releases. If any of these Ultrasn0w fixers work for you, do mention in the comments section below. I'll still recommend you to wait for official Ultrasn0w fix by iPhone Dev-Team which will be arriving anytime soon as Cydia package update.
Update#1: We got our first confirmation from our Facebook fan who managed to unlock his iPhone 3GS baseband 05.13.04 on iOS 4.3.1 using Ultrasn0w Fixer at PushFix repo. Acc. to him, fixer at DjayB6 repo didn't work for him.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
Update#2: Download official Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to unlock iPhone 4/3GS & fix signal-bars issue on iOS 4.3.1.