Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.1 & Fix Signal-Bars Issue

iPhone Dev-Team has just released an updated version of Ultrasn0w tool which can unlock iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1 provided that they are running older basebands. Do NOT confuse this release with iPhone 4 NCK unlock which hopefully will be coming within next few months to unlock iPhone 4 02.10.04 and 03.10.01 baseband. Note that those who were facing signal-bars issue after iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak can use Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to fix it.

Update#1: Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To Guide]
Update#2: Install Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 Offline to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.2 [How-To]

Basebands Supported by Ultrasn0w 1.2.1:

• iOS 4.3.1 » 05.16.02 via 06.15.00 » iPhone 3GS [How-To]

Unsupported Basebands:

• iOS 4.1 » 02.10.04 » iPhone 4
  • iOS 4.2 » 03.10.01 » iPhone 4
  • iOS 4.2.1 » 03.10.01 » iPhone 4
  • iOS 4.3 » 04.10.01 » iPhone 4

Not Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1?

If your iPhone is not jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1, first jailbreak it by using PwnageTool 4.3 on Mac or Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 on Windows. Alternatively you can first use this guide to preserve your baseband and then this guide to jailbreak your iPhone using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12.

Steps to Install Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 on iPhone 4/3GS Through Cydia:

1. Open Cydia app on jailbroken iPhone. If you are a T-Mobile (USA) user, first disable 3G mode by navigating to Settings->General->Network on your iPhone.
  2. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Cydia)

3. Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section.
  4. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Manage)

5. If you have Ultrasn0w repo already added to your sources, jump to step 6.
  6. Tap on Edit button on the top-right corner and then tap on Add button on the top-left. Cydia will prompt you to enter the repo address. Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
  7. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Repo Address)

8. Now wait while Cydia verify the URL and updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Return to Cydia button at the bottom.
  9. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Updating Sources)

10. Click on Search tab the bottom and type Ultrasn0w in the search field.
  11. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Search)

12. Select Ultrasn0w from the search results and hit the Install button on the top-right. Cydia will ask you for the confirmation, just tap on the Confirm button to begin Ultrasn0w installation.
  13. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Install)

14. Wait while Cydia installs Ultrasn0w on your iPhone. Once done, click on the Restart Springboard button at the button.
  15. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 (Restart Springboard)

16. If for some reason your iPhone fails to catch signals even after installing Ultrasn0w, just reboot your iDevice.

Update#1: Downgrade Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to Ultrasn0w 1.2 Manually Using DEB File

JRA5 years, 5 months ago

I am on iPhone 4 4.3.2 01.59.00. I have the signal bar issue. Should I be using Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 to solve the signal bar issue?

Use Ultrasn0w 1.2.2. Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 is for iOS 4.3.1

Deepz5 years, 5 months ago

hii…my iphone 4 was unlocked by iso 4.3 i wanted to upload cydia so i tried doin jailbreak
    by pwnage tool 4.3 it is jailbreak nw with iso 4.3.1 also hve install cydia and i hve did ultrasnow 1.2.1 but i hve problem with netwrk. any solution? ur help will be app. tks

What is your current baseband version Deepz?

Deepz5 years, 5 months ago

Tks for reply
        my current baseband 04.10.01

Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 can not unlock your iPhone because your baseband is not supported.

Deepz5 years, 5 months ago

hmm okay.
            so wht i should do? i tryed to restore my phne same as be4 but that also cnt do…any sug?
            tks

Buy Gevey SIM or wait for the soft unlock which will be available for free!

muckchiller5 years, 5 months ago

Dadgum, so I tried this (3GS) on 3.1.2, unsure of the baseband, prob should have checked. After getting to the last step and restarting Springboard the phone only has the white spinning circle.

This has gone on for 30 min or so. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

tks

Have you saved your iPhone OS 3.1.2 SHSH blobs? If yes then restore using TinyUmbrella or add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to your Windows or Mac HOSTS file.

muckchiller5 years, 5 months ago

After the battery died I was able to bring it back to life, but it happened again when trying to update cydia. Looks like I’ve got some research to do before I tackle this again.

This has all changed quite a bit since I last mucked around with it. Tks for the help. I’ll be back if I booger this up.

muckchiller5 years, 5 months ago

Tried this again, post saving my SHSH. Same thing happens. BBand is 05.11.07

It just locks up and I wait the few hours for the battery to die. Could I possibly have a corrupt cydia/springboard causing the phone to lock up?

Nops battery have nothing to do with Cydia or Springboard. Hard reset your iPhone by pressing the Home+Power button until your iPhone restarts and Apple logo appears on the screen. It will take some time to boot.

mike obi5 years, 5 months ago

hi pls i need you guys help.. i just upgraded to ios 4.2.1 but my baseband still remain 05.15.04.. i used snowbreeze to upgrade it but after then the phone wont have any signal. i updated my cydia and installed ultrasnow but no signal yet. pls i need your advice, even if i have to go back to ios 3.1.2 i dont mind.

thanks in advance.

Fab5 years, 5 months ago

I get “No Service” after unlocking with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 I have an iPhone 3GS new bootrom on iOS 4.3.1 with baseband 06.15.0. I’ve restarted the iPhone and still nothing, any help will be appreciated

It should work. Make sure you are using an active SIM that belongs to your own country.

aqibn5 years, 5 months ago

I am having the exact same issue…. I have an iphone 3gs at 4.3.1 unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.2.1 bt it searches for several minutes then dispalys no service…..

If anyone of you have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs, downgrade and install Ultrasn0w. It will work just fine!

Fab5 years, 5 months ago

What do you mean by active SIM?

I’m trying a T-Mobile USA SIM, it works fine with my T-Mobile USA phone but the iPhone dosn’t seem to work with it, I tried to unlock it first with 4.2.1 but I had the same problem so I don’t think that downgrading to 4.2.1 will help.

I am myself using iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband on iOS 4.3.1. The only difference is that i used Ultrasn0w Fixer by PushFix repo (http://goo.gl/1QY8g) instead of using this official release.

Fab5 years, 5 months ago

Will I be able to use the fixer with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1? or will I have to downgrade to 1.2, and if I need to downgrade how can I do that?

Download Ultrasn0w 1.2 DEB file from here http://goo.gl/uNFfx and take help from this guide http://goo.gl/DmSb6. Do not forget to uninstall Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 before installing Ultrasn0w 1.2.

Rick Gonzalez5 years, 5 months ago

Same with me! I have iPhone but cant send or receive text messages!! It was working before on ultrasn0w 1.2! Please guide me how to go back to ultrasn0w 1.2.

Ash5 years, 5 months ago

Ultrasn0w most definately causing battery drain on iphone 3g… when wifi or 3g switched on i can watch the percentage drop every 30 seconds or so! I have been restoring for last 72 hrs… have tried 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2.1, no difference… and every time ultrasn0w is installed battery starts to drain again…..something has also killed my bluetooth…everytime i slide it on it spins for about 10 secs then goes straight back to off again. I am really really not happy!

Have tried everything, restores with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze, hard resets, airplane mode on and off etc! nothing is fixing the bluetooth………. i am so so so cross!!!!

IT was bad enough loosing GPS with 06.15.00 but now no bluetooth and a battery that lasts a few hours max… my iphone might as well be an ibrick!

Well, restore to stock iOS 3.1.2 and jailbreak it with blackra1n.

mike obi5 years, 5 months ago

pls how do i restore back to ios 3.1.2?

YQ5 years, 5 months ago

I’m running on iOS 4.3.1 firmware 04.10.01 and I’ve jailbreaked using Pwnagetool. I’ve installed Ultrasnow 1.2.1 but the signal problems are not solved. What should I do? Please help me!

sammy5 years, 5 months ago

hi i have an unlockable 3g s 4.3.1 is there anyway of getting this phone unlocked is there anything i can buy or download thanks

jAY5 years, 5 months ago

This fix my signal :)
    it respring and boom signal back on full !

Thanks guys for the guide !

johnny craven5 years, 5 months ago

I’m on 4.3.1 ( Jailbreaked with Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 ) baseband 04.10.01 whichI now know is not unlockable with ultrasn0w 1.2.1…what can I do apart from waiting for an updated ultrasn0w which may or may not include my baseband. Can I change the baseband and if so, what are the risks associated?

Any help would be great otherwise this new iphonbe 4 has to go back in the box !!!

No one can unlock your iPhone except Gevey SIM. Also do not expect an unlock for 04.10.01 baseband for next couple of months.

suman5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I’m having Iphone 4 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04. I got the phone from UK(carrier is o2), which is later unlocked by the o2 carrier people itself. But right now I’m in India and I can’t use the phone.
    Can u please help me is there any other way to unlock it.

Gevey SIM is the only way *possible now* to unlock your iPhone!

suman5 years, 5 months ago

Dude how about ultrasnow.
        I heard that it’s going to take some more to unlock my phone or there’d be no way to unlock using ultrasnow

suman5 years, 5 months ago

got one more question.
          can i upgrade my baseband to unlock my phone

No, you can not DOWNGRADE your baseband of iPhone 4. Not possible until now. You can upgrade it but it will stay locked.

Dev-Team is working on NCK unlock method but still it is a theoretical approach.

Paldin5 years, 5 months ago

Hey Guys, After I updated with snowbreeze and jb with redsnow and unlock with ultrasnow I now have no wifi.

On Baseband 05.12.01 Iphone 3GS new Bootrom

Any way to fix this wifi issue?

Also I tried Rebooting my router, resetting my network settings.
    Only thing I havent really tried is restoring and doing the JB/Unlock again

Ben5 years, 5 months ago

I had the same problem. I fixed it by restoring custom IPSW made with PwnageTool. Sn0wbreeze sucks!

Palmi5 years, 5 months ago

I have a iPhone 3gs and I want to update to iPad baseband with snowbreeze. I have the ipad ipsw file but when I click download iPad baseband it only gives me a download window with some sources and browse for a *.deb package. How can I make it download iPad baseband for me? Some special source or what to do?

Just download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here http://bit.ly/hce8l8 and follow this guide http://bit.ly/ieiJis

Palmi5 years, 5 months ago

I managed to do it with redsnow. Forgot that I had to change the affinity to only one part of the CPU. Got my iPhone 3gs unlocked on 6.15.00 now :) Since there was a kind of a confirmation on that a downgrade will be possible I went with it. Thanks for the help.

PEber5 years, 5 months ago

I’m using Hongkong factory unlocked iPhone and when I jailbroke it to 4.3.1 it’s having same problem as the other ones like single signal. I’ve donwnloaded 1.2.1 version of ultrasn0w but it still isn’t working. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Go to Settings->General->About and tell me your iPhone model. I doubt you have got a factory unlocked iPhone 4 because i tested Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 on my factory unlocked iPhone 4 and it is working fine. I am getting ~full-signal bars.

PEber5 years, 5 months ago

I fixed my iPhone. It was getting signal cause I checked the activation box when I was jailbreaking. Now, it’s getting full signal. Thank you

ameen5 years, 5 months ago

Why Ultrans0w 1.2.1 has some signal strength issues.

Andrei5 years, 5 months ago

So I have 4.3 with 05.16.01 bb and just installed the latest ultrasn0w. My T-Mobile SIM is inserted but the reception remains at the zero bars icon or No Service even after restart… any ideas?

You can NOT unlock your iPhone 3GS 05.16.01 baseband directly using Ultrasn0w 1.2.1. You must first upgrade it to iPad baseband 06.15.00 and then unlock it using the latest version of Ultrasn0w available.

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

After using Redsn0w and this fix my Ipone 3GS new boot rom keeps rebooting from the IOS. I don’t know what else to do!!! Please help

What is your current baseband and do you rely on unlocked iPhone or you are just using Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to fix the signal-bar issue?

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

Now I just find out that even without applying Redsn0w it just keeps rebooting. My baseband is 5.12.01. But in save mode it does not restart. After trying a lot of things, I just apply redsnow R9 and the phone has stop rebooting. But my battery is no charging!!

Your baseband is unlockable but your installed iOS seems to be corrupt for some reason. Just restore fresh iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze 2.5 http://bit.ly/ieiJis and use the above guide to unlock your iPhone.

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

My baseband is not locked, because when I use ultrasn0w my phone is unlocked. Now I just used SAM and my phone is unlocked but my battery is Not charging. It stay’s like 1/2 battery all the time.

Thats not the issue with SAM or Ultrasn0w. Just hard reset your iPhone. To do that, hold down the Home+Power button (Ignore slide to turn off slider) until your iPhone restarts and displays Apple logo again!

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

When I try to restore with custom or stock IPSW I always get the Itunes error 29.
            That’s wy I allways restore or jailbreak with Redsn0w

Error 29 means your battery is down and you need to charge your battery before restoring your iPhone.

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

Pls can some one help me???

Charge your battery before restoring your iPhone. That is a simple solution!

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

I try to charge the phone but it’s not charging, when i plug it to my USB port it turn off, as soon as I connect it to the power outled it will turn On but every 10 min or sometimes 3 min it restart the whole time. Is this a battery issue??? Or OS issue?? Is there a software that I can use to check my battery health??

If your iPhone is in recovery mode, it will restart itself after every 3 to 4 mins, so there is nothing wrong in it. When you connect it to PC or power outlet, it should show charging sign on its display screen.

Cyrus Brands5 years, 5 months ago

No the phone is not in Recovery mode, it just enter the OS normaly but after 3 min it just restart ervery time!!! And it’s not charging. When I take it out of the outled, it just turn off….when I hook it to my USB it will not start so I can perfom an restore. As soon as I plug it bek to the power outled the apple logo appear and phone startup and enter the IOS but after 3 min restarts again and again.

NHS70005 years, 5 months ago

The new version of Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 worked for me on my iphone 3gs base 05.13.04, but my battery is consumed fast now, that wasn’t the case before. The old combo fix of Ultrasn0w 1.2 and push fix didn’t work for me at all.

NHS70005 years, 5 months ago

I’ve noticed something else. With the iOS 4.2.1 and Ultrasn0w 1.2 I used to receive a notification with the remaining balance every time I finish a call with someone, now after iOS 4.3.1 and Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 I get that notification every 20 minutes, without making a call or anything, maybe this is why my battery is drained fast.

After installing Ultrasn0w, activate your iPhone using SAM http://bit.ly/fum47B

NHS70005 years, 5 months ago

Already did so, the Activation State is Wildcard Activated. But I’ll try to rejailbreak my phone and activate it again.

R0tten5 years, 5 months ago

Installed the ultrasn0w cydia app. Restarted my spring board.. “No service”.. So I rebooted my phone.. “searching” then 3 BARS SIGNAL!!! I can confirm this is working on my 4.3.1 iOS BB 01.59.00.

Thanks for keeping us updated wolverine!

P.S: Can/Does this cause discrepancies with the network on my phone or potential signal/iOS problems? Thanks.

After seeing the tweet by this user and reading your comment above, i do believe that Ultrans0w 1.2.1 has some signal strength issues. According to him, Ultrasn0w 1.2+Fixer (Unofficial) combo provides much better signal-strength than Ultrasn0w 1.2.1. Call *3001#12345#* and tell me your signal-strength in DB.

R0tten5 years, 5 months ago

In my apt the DB quality is -85 thru -88

Updated 2011-04-10 at 22:08:55 CST

This aint a good signal-strength but is OK!

R0tten5 years, 5 months ago

Ultrans0w 1.2.1 is working – allowing me to display the correct signal, but it breaks my MMS capabilities.. even on the native sms iPhone app. Please help!

No, Ultrasn0w don’t have anything to do with MMS. All you need is to go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data (ON) -> Cellular Data Network -> Enter your MMS APN, Username and password according to your operator.

After you have entered MMS details, you need to reboot your iPhone. Once rebooted, go to messages and you will see a camera icon on the opposite end of Send button.

R0tten5 years, 5 months ago

I can’t imagine ultrasn0w having to do anything with MMS either. I get what you’re saying and did double check regardless (btw I don’t have the MMS APN [using AT&T]) but MMS ONLY works without the ultrasn0w package. I’ve tried with it installed/uninstalled multiple times and Every Time it’s installed my MMS capabilities are broken (I even respringed, rebooted and reset [hardware]) and without it MMS works perfectly.

Any more ideas? Thanks for the response..

MMS is broken? You mean you don’t see camera icon opposite to Send button in messages?

chan5 years, 5 months ago

If i am at 4.3.1 and baseband 02.10.04 on iphone 4 how do I fix the single signal bar issue?

Do you rely on an unlocked iPhone? If yes then you can not unlock iPhone 4 baseband 02.10.04. If you do not rely on an unlocked iPhone (Got official carrier SIM) or you got factory unlocked iPhone with baseband 02.10.04 on iOS 4.3.1 then you need to follow the steps in the above guide to fix the signal-bar issue!

chan5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I
        I got the official carrier SIM but the above said:
        Unsupported Basebands:
        iOS 4.1 » 02.10.04 » iPhone 4

So this guide will fix the signal issue eventhough I am at BB 02.10.04 and JB 4.3.1?

Yeah! That unsupported basebands means Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 can not unlock these iPhone basebands but surely can fix the signal-issue!

chan5 years, 5 months ago

Many thanks for the clarification :)

JJ5 years, 5 months ago

I’m also at 02.10.04 and 4.3.1, but after installing ultrasn0w, the signal bars issue doesn’t go away.
            Also, it will eventually give a “No Service” which prevents me from calling or messaging.

Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 can not unlock 02.10.04 baseband unless you have a factory unlocked iPhone 4.