Apparently the TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 is still valid and working to kick all iOS 4.3.2 and iOS 4.3.1 iDevices out of recovery mode loop. I have just upgraded my iPhone 4 to stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW while preserving baseband 01.59.00. After restore process got complete (Error 1013), i successfully kicked my iPhone 4 out of recovery mode loop using TU (FR) for iOS 4.3.

Recovery Loop Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to Exit Recovery Mode Loop
If you are also stucked in iOS 4.3/4.3.1 or iOS 4.3.2 recovery mode loop, you can give TU (FR) a try by following the instructions below:

1. Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 for Windows | Mac OS X
  2. Download zlib1.dll from here - mirror
  3. Place fixrecovery43.exe and zlib1.dll in same directory
  4. Run iTunes in background otherwise you will get The process iTunes.exe and iTunesHelper.exe not found error.
  5. Launch fixrecovery43.exe and place your iDevice in DFU mode by using the instructions below:
    • Hold down the Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
    • Your iDevice should be in DFU mode. If for some reason you are still unable to enter DFU mode, check this video tutorial.
  6. Now leave the rest on TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery). Once you see Exiting libpois0n in DOS window, you may disconnect your iDevice from your computer as the rest of the code will run on your iDevice.

TinyUmbrella FixRecovery Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to Exit Recovery Mode Loop
Update#1: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop
Confirmations: Derek, Mohamed Hussien

Recommended Posts:

Also Read:

sunny11 months, 1 week ago

can you tell me how to solve error 1015 iphone 3g …………………???????????

Patrick Gumban11 months, 1 week ago

Hi, please read these posts (1,2) and see if it fixes your problem. Hope this helps!

Alec11 months, 2 weeks ago

Every time I put my iPod 4G into DFU mode like it says, the moment I try to run the program it pops up for 3 seconds before shutting down almost immediatly and doing nothing. Every. Time. I’m about five seconds from crying because I have MONTHS of iBooks PDF’s, music, and apps on there and if I have to restore and lose those all again I’m going to break down. I was foolish enough last time to assume that when I backed up my fucking information was BACKED UP!! But nope! My music was basically gone and all that was left was some pictures. Christ, if I could just get my PDF’s off I wouldn’t be as upset but I have no way of doing that! :( Please, for the love of God, someone clearly and concisely help me fix my iPod. I’ve tried a dozens off different ways from RecBack to TinyUmbrella and no luck.

Mariette9 months, 1 week ago

The same thing happens to me. Does anyone know how to fix this? (Tiny Umbrella pops up for 3 seconds before shutting down immediately and doing nothing.)

Daisy1 year, 1 month ago

What do I do after the screen goes white? Is my iPhone out of recovery mode? Do I have to restore it,but this time it’ll do what it’s supposed to?

jeremy1 year, 6 months ago

zlib1.dll removed from download site.

Jaxov Team1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you for letting us know. It´s been fixed now.

Matthew Edwards1 year, 9 months ago

hi i have just tried this and fixrecovery43.exe and zlib1.dll are in same folder. when i execute fixrecovery43.exe a message flashes up very quick saying error itunes.exe not found.

Tylor61912 years, 2 months ago

plz help me i cant get out of recovvery mode and i tryed this and it made my screen jus go white i didnt know what to do then

30bellota1 year, 6 months ago

did you manage to solve your problem? I have the exact same one, please help!!

Raul Rodriguez2 years, 3 months ago

At the end after i use the fix recovery on the iphone it says: “error and den something about 60000 ms!! giving up…”

please help

michelle2 years, 3 months ago

i am trying to do this to my iphone 3GS but when i go to download the (Fixrecovery) for windows all i get is that the file is invalid or corrupt??? Please please help me as i have photos on my phone i cant replace.
    many thanks Michelle

Patrick2 years, 3 months ago

Try downloading the latest version of TinyUmbrella from the their official website.

j02 years, 4 months ago

hi i tried all of that but it doesnt work.wat shd i do?

Patrick2 years, 4 months ago

Can you be more clear with your problem? What are the errors that you are experiencing?

Nathan2 years, 4 months ago

thank you very much!

Angel2 years, 5 months ago

Hey I’m doing this right now and the itunes helper error keep coming up. I know you said to keep itunes on in the background but everytime I do the program exits out of it by itself. Please help! Thanks in advance.

That error is totally irrelevant to the recovery loop fixer. TU would work irrespective of any such errors. Its just merely closing all the iTunes related background process, nothing else.

George2 years, 5 months ago

You know, you just saved my life. I was suffering by searching and trying for 4 hours. It’s 4 a.m. now, and I finally managed to do everything…Man, you are awesome!!!!!!
    If I would meet you, the first I’ll do is hug so much for this help, goddamn it!
    T H A N K Y O U!

luka2 years, 6 months ago

ok my iphone in recovery mode and i do all waht nedd to exit from recovery mode and i open fixrcovery43.exe and is give me \error the process ituneshelper.exe not found plaesss help ME

Those error messages doesn’t matter. FixRecovery will work only if you had errored out during a fresh iOS install via iTunes with a 10xx error. Your only way out now is to restore to that iOS for which you have an SHSH already saved for your device either on Cydia like this (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW) / TU if you rely on an unlock. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

IphoneNoob2 years, 6 months ago

Hi! I hope you can help me, i’ve done everything on my iphone 4, everything loaded, but then when the text comes up, it loads, but then the same error happens, the ”connect to itunes” logo, wich is really annoying, i hope you could help me, it would’ve been a great if you could!
    btw it’s iOS 4.3.2

Do you have the necessary SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.2? Because w/o it, you absolutely cannot update / restore your device. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Gas2 years, 6 months ago

works like a charm. thank u!!! U cant imagine how long i’ve been trying to fix this

Kenny2 years, 6 months ago

Hi, I hope you’re still active answering our doubts.

Im not really experienced in all that jailbreaking stuff but after 3 hours following a few tutorials I got the snewbreeze file and got that 3194 error, after this I got the 20 error so I realised I had to desactivate the TSS server from umbrella. Still got the 3194 error after I made the “fix recovery” from Tinyumbrella and I still having the error. When I’m trying to start the fixrecovery43 file with itunes in the background, itunes close immediatly, even having the TinyUmbrella TSS Server ON ( Being off it doesnt work too) so i cant do it. I’ve being trying everything i know and still cant get fix the problem. I know this post may be a bit late after the others but i hope you can get some time to answer me and finally i’ll maybe get the answer i need.

You might want to first check for any saved SHSH that you may have saved for your device / iOS earlier. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.
      Also, please type in your iPhone model / iOS / BB specs as well in your next reply.

NuNuX2 years, 6 months ago

Hi !
    Thank for your tutorial, but I still have a problem: I’m using IP 4 IOS 4.3.3, I’m stuck in recovery loop, I followed the tutorial, and everythink worked well, but in the end of the fixrecovery43 process i have this message:

Hooking jump_to command
    libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out
    Exiting libpois0n
    logout

And I’m still stuck in the recovery loop. Somebody could help me ??

homeboy2 years, 6 months ago

I try using snowbreze and i got error 17 and error 1604 please can you help me and fix it?

Do you have the necessary SHSH saved for your device / iOS to which you are restoring to? Either via Cydia / TU?

Bogdan2 years, 6 months ago

hello, i have a iphone 4, i tryed to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and i`m stuck in recovery mode, after the screen loads the phone restars and is back on recovery mode…
    what can i do?

Use a custom iOS 4.3.3 to restore your device with. Using a stock IPSW will always return you with an error due to an updated BB version.

Homeboy2 years, 6 months ago

Please i don’t get what you mean can you explain for me better? I have my SHSH saved on TU and i’m running IOS 4.0.1 before trying to upgrade to 4.2.1 please tell me what to do

Use Sn0wbreeze to create a custom 4.2.1 iOS IPSW & then restore to that instead of using a stock Apple iOS. Read this http://bit.ly/puOynD.

teju2 years, 6 months ago

Dose it ( fixrecovery43) working with ipad 2 3g ?
    I have a ipad 2 3g, it was 4.3.3 jailbroken. But accidently upgreated to 4.3.5. I try downgread 4.3.3. I guess it have SHSH saved on Cydia. all is going ok but at last iTunes give error 1013. I try fixrecovery43 as you guide but when i put my ipad DUF mode, iTune exit from background and fixrecovery also exit same time. I tryed more then times but result same.
    Please help..!!!

Use the latest TU with the Start TSS server option & restore your iPad2 to 4.3.3. It will auto-kick / fix your device’s recovery loop. You should see your 4.3.3 SHSH saved with TU though as a local copy for everything to work right. FixRec will not work for you.

homeboy2 years, 6 months ago

I have a weird issue running on my iPhone 3G. I had a 4.0.1 version of the OS. Safari wouldn’t work. I couldn’t access to the internet through browser so i update my phone and I encountered “Error code:1015?. I looked up online for help. I tried “fix recovery” and “iReb”. And when i try fixing with TinyUmbrellia i got this message
    09/24/2011 15:33:30.772 Recovery Device connected: 012020004629535
    09/24/2011 15:33:37.190 Sending exit recovery request to 8192056
    09/24/2011 15:33:37.565 Recovery Device disconnected: 012020004629535 None of them worked. I am stuck at the “USB cable-iTunes” screen on my phone. I need some help. Please guide me through Pramod! Please seriously this is urgent i’ve been on this since last week and i’ve been trying many method but non work out

Create a custom IPSW for the 4.1 / 4.2.1 iOS (whichever you want) & then restore to that instead of the stock in a pwned DFU mode. A custom created IPSW is all what you needed as your already on an iPad BB / updated BB version. Use Sn0wbreeze for the same.

TyBob2 years, 6 months ago

I have iPhone 3G and when I run fix recovery it closes my iTunes. My iphone is just black screen right now, any help would be appreciated.

Yep, go ahead & read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX to make sure that you really had a valid SHSH for the iOS version to which you restored to just now. W/o a valid SHSH, its never possible to restore to any kind of iOS version whatsoever.

Kawser2 years, 7 months ago

Thank you!!!!!! God bless you!!!!

Jennifer2 years, 7 months ago

I have tried FR without success. As soon as I start FR the DOS window comes up for about 3sec and closes. It seems to have closed iTunes, as well. Any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated!!

Are you sure that you have put your device into a DFU mode first before running TU?

Hai2 years, 7 months ago

Hi, I have tried TU fix recovery and after the process, it appears black screen and nothing happen. Would someone help me please

Black screens / DFU loops are caused due to bad / invalid SHSH blobs used during the restore procedure. Since you never had any valid SHSH saved for your device to which you had restored to, your now in the DFU loop. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Cloudy2 years, 7 months ago

Hi, I have encounter this error when i try to restore my ipad to 4.3.3

Initializing libpois0n
    ERROR: The process “iTunesHelper.exe” not found.
    Waiting for device to enter DFU mode
    Found device in DFU mode
    Checking if device is compatible with this jailbreak
    Checking the device type
    Identified device as iPad2,3
    Sorry device is not compatible with this jailbreak
    Exiting libpois0n

What should i do? Please kindly advise. Thank You.

The message itself is self-explanatory I believe. Your trying to use this on an iPad2 for which none of the recovery loop tools will work because it still doesn’t have a bootrom exploit. So as of now, pretty much everything is useless & the only way to solve this is by updating to the latest iOS 4.3.5 via iTunes.

adrianna2 years, 7 months ago

Hello, I tried running the program but it doesn’t seem to work, I got the following error message: Error, no successful firmware download after 60000ms!! Giving up…

what does it mean? And do you have any idea how I can quit the recovery mode now? Thanks a bunch!

I believe that the error message itself is self-explanatory. FixRecovery will work only if you had errored out during a fresh iOS install via iTunes with a 10xx error. Your only way out now is to restore to that iOS for which you have an SHSH already saved for your device either on Cydia like this (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW) / TU if you rely on an unlock. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

hawar2 years, 7 months ago

okay i have a 3GS with Ipad BB 6.15.00 and after running fix recovery i get to the point where green poison shows up and then phone randomly goes to recover mode so i go through steps again and almost at the same place itunes shuts down

any help is greatly appreciated

FixRecovery works only if you were kicked into a recovery loop whilst a fresh iOS install only. Yours doesn’t seem like to be that. Therefore, you can only restore to those iOS versions for which you already have an SHSH saved for your iOS/device. Restore to a custom IPSW if necessary.

daniel2 years, 7 months ago

hi, i’ve tried most of the guides on this website and my iphone is still stuck in ‘connect to itunes’ mode. when i run TU FixRecovery it tells me there is no firmware on the device
    what do i do?
    i’ve tried:
    tinyumbrela + FIxrecovery
    recboot
    ifaith
    redsn0w
    restoring via itunes
    custom restoring via itunes

The reason being that your restore/update has failed. You now need to restore to a custom IPSW for you which you have an SHSH saved for your device. Read this first http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & confirm the list of iOS available for you to restore to.

Panos2 years, 7 months ago

I restored my iPhone and iTunes failed giving me the error 1013 I think. I was using a tutorial to restore to downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 again(i accidentally updated) The tutorial was saying error 1013 is normal and using fixrecovery would fix it.

You need to use the custom IPSW created for iOS 4.3.3 & not the stock version from Apple for your restores.

Panos2 years, 7 months ago

Hi, I was stuck in recovery mode and I use fixrecovery and I was getting the iTunesHelper.exe error (but not the iTunes.exe). I read above that reinstalling iTunes could solve the problem but instead I tried on another pc. No errors but when i was waiting for the iphone to pop up the screen froze in white screen and the command closed! I used power and home button and i got again in recovery mode… I tried again and now i got the ituneshelper.exe error in this pc too… Instead of reinstalling I just rebooted the pc and I had no errors! But still in recovery mode. I tried a few more times (after each try iTunesHelper.exe closed but instead of rebooting i was launching it from the itunes directory) but no luck… I also tried launching command promt and then launching fixrecovery in it but again i was in recovery mode… Please help! I can’t thing anything else to try!

Its not an error !! Its merely closing/shutting down all the processes that are related to iTunes, so seeing those error messages doesn’t really have anything to do with your recovery loop on the iPhone at all. Also, you need to keep in mind that FixRecovery works only to kick your device out of a fresh install recovery loop & not if your update/restore failed.

RM2 years, 8 months ago

Finally!! thank you a detailed tutorial.. i had no idea we had to download that .dll thing seperately.. thanks to that i wasable to do it… thumbs up

tRiK2 years, 8 months ago

I knew the BB was wrong, I just couldnt remember which one it was. I fix and resell phone. This iphone 3gs was an older one i had so I tried to go straight to 4.3.3 without saving SHSH blobs to at least go back 4.0.2 if something didnt work. I guess its done for me. Only thing to do is update to 4.3.5 and sell it jailbroken at least. LOL thanks for all the help!!

tRiK2 years, 8 months ago

Lets see if you can help me. I have a iphone 3gs new bootrom, It was in ios 4.0.2 with bb if i remember correctly 05.15.03. So I wanted to save that BB to resell the phone unlocked. I first tried to sn0wbreeze it. The itunes error i got where fixed with ireb and running TU TSS sever. The custom fw installed fine no error in itunes but itunes fished it says your phone will reboot it doesnt. Then I got the phone is in recovery mode in itunes. I have tried all your fixes here and other pages too that I have searched. I even tried on my mac to pwnage tool same problem. tried different PC to same story. When i try to fix recovery via TU it says unable to find gBdevvList, unable to find fs_mount, unable to find fs_unmont, unable to find fs_load_file. When i use fixrecovery43 on PC gives me errors, but on mac it runs until the end line doesnt match with your picture it says libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

Everything else is the same. Let me know how you can help or wat more info you might need.

Your BB version is wrong. iOS 4.0.2 has an Ultrasn0w unlockable BB version 05.13.04. That BB version which you have mentioned doesn’t even exist. Next, before you update/restore, you need to make sure if you have any saved SHSH blobs for your device. If you do not have one, do not even bother to attempt restore/update to that particular version at all. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

Ben2 years, 8 months ago

Hey everytime i try to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 i get error 1601? HELP!

You can downgrade only if you have the SHSH blob saved for your device on iOS 4.3.3. Open up TU & set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Next, Shift+Restore to iOS 4.3.3 in a pwned DFU mode. If you get an error 3194, then don’t even bother to restore anymore because there is no possible way to go back to iOS 4.3.3 w/o the SHSH blob. Restore back to iOS 4.3.5 & jailbreak if necessary to confirm the availability of SHSH with Cydia (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW).

Srijan2 years, 8 months ago

Hi!

I have a weird issue running on my iPhone 3Gs. I had a 4.0.1 version of the OS. Safari wouldnt work. I couldnt access to the internet through my phone except to my mailboxes. I decided to update the phone. I thought of taking it to the local iStore but gave up the idea as it didnt work out last time around. I am tech noob. I downloaded itunes and put the phone to update. I encountered “Error code:1015″. I looked up online for help. I tried “fix recovery” and “iReb”. None of them worked. I am stuck at the “USB cable-iTunes” screen on my phone. I need some help. Please guide me through guys!

Inspite of having an iPad BB, you have updated your iOS to a stock IPSW. This will definitely return a 1015. FixRec & other tools will not work on the latest iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5.
      Your only way out is to create a custom IPSW for any of the iOS versions for which you have an SHSH blob saved by Cydia (http://bit.ly/p07pX2) & restore to that.

24Seven2 years, 8 months ago

Hi Pramod, yes i have SHSH blobs, i presume from the previous owner of the phone as it was purchased from ebay. my shsh blobs look like this http://i.imgur.com/hH6UT.png

I think i may have tried to do a custom IPSW with ipad baseband 06.15. Could this be the problem?

Many thanks!

TU might have been causing this issue. First, set you settings in TU like this http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1, exit it, create a custom IPSW of iOS 4.1 ONLY & restore to it using iTunes. Do not use TU anymore.

Flamey2 years, 8 months ago

THANK YOU!

I restored to 4.3.3 and my phone was stuck in DFU mode, nothing I tried worked (tinyumbrella exit recover button, iRecovery, Recboot (on windows and mac)). Was about to give up and just upgrade to 4.3.5. Thanks to you i can keep my jailbreak!

Cheers.

24Seven2 years, 8 months ago

Hi, I have an iPhone 3gs in DFU mode. I get error 1601 on itunes and stuck at preparing to restore iphone. With tiny umbrella running and trying to restore with itunes I get in the console -

DuRDWEv3SwDnJ8LphoVn0AOPaykIU2RmWt6GaLsOD6XcmDI3sTJMfZq9XeoL 7OzEXJW/o2CneFYCQe+9MKz33TloSjZ/3E3YwyQMrCwuhn508AN/qXTnG/G+ dyHpe+A5I5wcYw== PartialDigest QAAAADhxAgDldAJR71uqLniJcDSpcM8XKCMmxw== 08/11/2011 18:48:12.807 Wrote TSS response 08/11/2011 18:48:15.842 DFU Device disconnected

The first part, blob is a lot longer so i didnt paste that.

Everytime I try to recover the iphone will say DFU disconnected before it will restore with itunes.

I have also tried with redsn0w and it gets stuck at waiting for reboot.

I have tried IREB, redsn0w, tinyumbrella, fixrecovery43 and also tried custom IPSW with sn0wbreeze.

Any help please I would appreciate.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Hi again.

I got the iPhone up and running with version 4.3.5(8L1) and Modem Firmware 06.15.00 Also Cydia install…

Don`t know how it happened, didn`t recover to any version because of errors mentioned before. Got “TH” SHSH server and recover a 4.3.4 version had saved…

That allow me to use redsn0w_win_0.9.8b3 on the 4.3.4 version install Cydia and boot the device. The thing is i didn`t recover to any custom IPSWs created by Sn0wBreeze, soo….

How can we unlock the iPhone to use it with whatever SIM card i Chose?

Before doing something that i will regret.

I really appreciate all the time dedicated

Well check if Cydia did indeed have the iOS version saved for iOS 4.3.3 here http://bit.ly/p07pX2. Most probably it will not just like I had mentioned earlier to you.
      To unlock the iP3GS, you need to update your BB to an iPad’s BB first & then use Ultrasn0w. But I have been getting mixed results about the Ultrasn0w unlock though on iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5, but make sure that your having an SHSH blob first for other versions on Cydia like this http://bit.ly/p07pX2.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Hi Pramod

Tryed one last time to update to 4.3.5 and now it was restoring past half way when “restoring firmware” then it stop with error 1015 so they won`t give me any support. I`ve notice is related when the iPhone detects that a firmware is older or newer that the Base Band this error hapens (I have iPad BB that is what is making the error)

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Tryed on a diferent computer with the latest Itunes and on another computer with iTunes and the same error 1601 came up. Reinstall iTunes as the article suggested and the same thing error 1601.

Any comments

Apreciate the help

You might want to get it checked at a local Apple store. They might even replace the iPhone itself for you if they aren’t able to solve this issue. Also, have you verified that a restore with the latest iOS 4.3.5 returns a 1601 error & nothing else? Absolutely sure? Because if it returns a 10xx error code at the Apple store, you will loose any support that you may have got from them.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Hi friend.

Tryed redsn0w as way to get into DFU and it worked ok. Im not sure on how to know if my device is iREVd. (So i reboot the computer and iPhone)

Got the same error 1601 when trying a new recovery from a new sn0wbreeze ISO

On a desperate atemp to recovere the iPhone a made a simple recovery from itunes to version 4.3.5 (rebooted everything first) and it got back with an error 1601 and got disconnected.

Any suggestions…

You might want to try your restore on a different computer. Try reading this article as well http://bit.ly/n1oPj0 for your 1601/1602 errors.

Bryan2 years, 8 months ago

When I double click of “fixrecovery43″, my itune force to quit and get the ERROR: iTunesHelper.exe not found. Thanks for your help…
    This happened is when I was upgrade my ipad firmware 4.2.1 to 4.3.3..and now facing recovery mode loop..

That is just the normal behavior of FixRec43. It closes iTunes & any other processes related to it. Use a custom created IPSW created by either Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool & use it to restore your iP3GS. You were kicked into a recovery loop because of the updated BB by using a stock IPSW for your restore. Read this http://bit.ly/mbFORU.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Ran Sn0wbreeze 2.6 Kepping the current BB option and it whent allRigth.

Restore to that on Itunes with error 1601
    (Had TU TSS server runin and snow breeze ran iReb)

Use Redsn0w as an alternative to iReb instead to put your device into a Pwned DFU mode. Make sure that you do not run Redsn0w on an already iRebbed device. Follow this http://bit.ly/pioV9v. This should avoid the 16xx errors.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

after dowloading redsn0w0.9.6rc18 that it`s the only one i use (typing error)

SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.2 did it on tinyumbrella-5.00.07 by doing this are they save on cidya?

If this is the issue why was I able to boot it up that firs time?

If you have them saved via TU, then they are saved only locally. Did you have the Request SHSH from Cydia option ticked under TU’s Advanced menu while you saved your SHSH blob? Redsn0w is never used for restoring your iPhone. You need to always use custom IPSWs of iOS 4.3.2 created by tools like Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTools & restore to that instead. You need not use RedSn0w at all.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Perhaps this helps.

*iPhone 3gs 16g
    -Had version 4.3.2 then upgraded to 4.3.4 (was new at this)
    -Downgraded to 4.3.2 using your tutorial (redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16) an other tools
    -Was able to bring it up from stuck in a DFU loop using “Just boot tethered”
    -was able to verify version 4.3.2 on the iPhone as well as the iPad baseband.
    -Disconnected the phone to run ultrasn0w and the screen went black.

*Contacted you…
    -Download Redsn0wRD19 from a Chinese website tried to Pwned DFU got “unexpected error”
    -Reply and suggested Redsn0wRD18 tried Pwned DFU and it worked
    -Tried Redsn0wRD19 “Just boot tethered” then in the part that it’s about to boot the device an error came up “windows redsn0w has detected an error and must close”
    -Reboot computer tried Redsn0wRD19 “Just boot tethered” and “install Cydi” in bout at the part that it’s about to boot the device no error came up but the device was disconnected and jailbroke process stop at “booting device”

*what do you suggest?

Are you sure that your having the SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.2 on Cydia? Because DFU loops often occur when there is an SHSH invalidation. And why are you still using some Chinese unwanted version of Redsn0w? Didn’t I mention to you to download & use the original version from the iPhone Dev-Team’s blog in my previous comment already? Use it first & then post back your results. And there is no RD. Those are just fakes and by using them your simply harming your iPhone & nothing else.

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Hi bro.

Thanks for the quick repply…

I dowloaded Redsn0wRC19 from a chinise web site but its in inglis.

Run Pwned DFU mode an an “unexpected error” came up…

*before i could look at the log tab in tyniumbrella” when it entered DFU mode and when it get disconected.

Now the computer dosen`t recognize the divece when trying to enter DFU mode.

What is going on? Am shiting my pants rigth now! jaja

What? Chinese !! Download it from the iPhone Dev-Team’s blog itself from here http://bit.ly/lMeWpa. (Redsn0wRC18, both are one & the same.)

Ruben Haro2 years, 8 months ago

Hi thanks for the support it`s awesome

I have an issue…

I folow al the steps and i was able to downgrade to version 4.3.2 and base band version using Redsn0w.
    I was stuck for a while trying to boot it up again until a did “Just Boot tethered rigth now” and it work i was able to boot the iphone. I saw the version 4.3.2 runig as well as the ipad Baseband and i was trhill.

Then I was in the proces to run ultrasn0w and before i started i unplug the phone and it whent to a black screen and i`ve try everyting and i can boot it up again.

I`ll Aprecciate the help

Make sure that you have chosen the right bootrom version. Your iPhone is currently stuck in a DFU loop. You might want to try this. Re-jailbreak your device once again by putting it in a Pwned DFU mode using the latest Redsn0wRC19. Let me know how it goes.

Paulc2 years, 8 months ago

Now I got it fixed. Thanks for all of your support I appreciate it!

Paulc2 years, 8 months ago

I don’t have the SHSH blob saved. Do you have a link to an ipsw I could use? I have tried the New Boot Rom Ios 4.3.3 custom activated with 6.15.00 by snow breeze. and iphone 4.3.3 custom activated by the pwnage tool. Redsn0w couldn’t find either of them. Im trying to get this into redsn0w first so I can get it into DFU mode and into iFaith. I can’t manually put the phone into DFU mode because I can’t turn off the phone with the red slide. It is just staying on the connect to itunes screen and thats about it.

Your supposed to restore the custom created ones using iTunes. Redsn0w can only detect Apple’s stock IPSWs ONLY & you should use it only to put your iPhone in a Pwned DFU mode. After that, Shift+Restore to your custom IPSW. Follow the steps on Redsn0w irrespective of the screen on which you are right now to get a DFU.

Paulc2 years, 8 months ago

Alright I was able to get it into DFU mode through Redsn0w, but thats about it. TinyUmbrella still wouldn’t find the device. I’ll give you the lowdown on how my phone got in this state. When I first jailbroke and unlocked it everything went flawlessly. I used redsn0w, changed the baseband to the ipad 6.15.00, and it was working fine. Then I figured since I was giving this phone to a friend, that I should at least get all of my stuff off of the phone so I went to restore it through itunes. Then that is where all of the problems came from.
    And also as a side note, I can’t even update my iphone 4 which I have not tried to jailbreak or do anything to it at all. I get that “This iphone cannot be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build.” error message everytime.

The not eligibility error is because you simply do not have an SHSH blob saved for your device for that particular version to which your trying to update to. Do you have them saved locally by using Tiny Umbrella atleast? If not, your currently stuck on what you have right now. But, you can still save your SHSH blob using iFaith. Read this http://bit.ly/qIa3E7. Once you have saved it, use Redsn0w to jailbreak your device.
      Tiny Umbrella can NEVER detect any iDevice in the DFU mode. TU ONLY understands the recovery mode. Using a stock IPSW will never give you a successful IPSW restore. So once again, follow my comment here and create a custom IPSW and restore to it. This happened now because of the updated BB which can be resolved only by a custom IPSW restore.

Paulc2 years, 8 months ago

I just went to that link and it keeps telling me the idevice cannot be found. I tried putting it into DFU mode but I don’t know if it worked or not. It just goes straight back to the connect to itunes screen.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

I will do so, I will take it this week, hopefully I will get it fixed at least.

Paulc2 years, 8 months ago

I tried your method, with no avail. The error messages I am getting keep switching between the 1015 error and the “This iphone cannot be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build.” I know that the iphone is on the 6.15.00 baseband and it is just really pissing me off. I can’t get it off of the connect to itunes screen. I’ve used a mac, a PC and tried tinyumbrella, Irec, and pretty much everything I could find on google. Do you have any idea what I could do?

You might want to read this first http://bit.ly/pUDssX.
      For Error 1015, always use custom cooked IPSWs created by Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool. You cannot restore your iDevice anymore using the stock Apple IPSW due to the updated iPad BB.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I uninstalled, cleared registry and install again in 3 PCs.
    Same error, stuck on Preparing iPhone for restore

Do you think on a way to complete delete the iphone boot sector? I think the phone is not booting well after getting out of DFU mode by iTunes to start the restore process…

I think that a much better option would be to take this device to the nearest Apple store and get it checked by them. Hell you might even get a replaced brand new iDevice if your still under warranty. Seems to be more of an hardware issue right now to me.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Hi, I just tried 4.3.4 again, but did not work, the error is the same, iTunes stuck on ¨preparing iPhone to restore”. and then error 1601.

The same situation no matter what iOS version I try to restore, no matter if I use custom or stock FW, no matter if MAC or PC, the error is the same 1601 after iTunes stuck by 3 minutes on “preparing iPhone for restore”

I think the phone can not be “prepared” to restore, what else can I try???

Help Please!

Uninstall your iTunes did you try that yet? I had mentioned to you here.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Hi there, I’ve tried today in 4 different windows PC and my friend’s macbook pro. The situation is the same: iTunes gets stuck on step “Preparing iPhone for Restore”.

I think something is not allowing the iPhone to boot to get restored, is there any way to fix it?

Hit it up directly with an iOS 4.3.4 Shift+Restore and see if that’s going through atleast.

chinadoll2 years, 8 months ago

hii, ok i have an iphone 3gs 4.3.4
    the other day i took my iphone to a guy who has a post on kjiji that he cant unlock and jail break iphones so i met up with him and he tried and it just wouldnt come out of restore loop, what can i do becuase he wont text me back or call iv also tried to email him and no msg’s back!
    im ready to cry.
    ANY IDEA
    im not to good with this stuff :(

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Used Redsn0w tu put DFU mode, tried to restore with custom 4.3.3 FW.

iTunes shows the same order of messages

1. Extracting software
    2. Preparing iPhone for restore (stuck by 3 minutes there)
    3. Error 1601

The same error has been happening to me since this iPhone got stuck on DFU mode. I don’t know what else to try :(

What you need to try is a different PC/Mac. Because this is something that’s happening specific to your machine alone.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Hi, I also tried with a custom 4.3.3 IPSW made by Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3

Error 1601 after 3 minutes that iTunes gets stuck on “preparing iPhone for restore”

I believe iTunes can not even start the restore process :(

Help! Thanks!

Use Redsn0w as an alternative to iReb for putting your device into a Pwned DFU mode. Follow it up with the same custom restore.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

Hi, I just finally got the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 creating a custom device with tinyUmbrella.

After that, tried to restore to Stock firmware on iTunes (TU running in the background with TSS), but the error remains: iTunes gets stuck on “Preparing iPhone for Restore” for 3 minutes, then error 1601.

Do you have any other idea that I can try?

Why are you restoring using a stock IPSW? Unless you want to get stuck at the recovery mode after the restore goes through, use the custom iOS 4.3.3 instead by creating one for yourselves. Follow this http://bit.ly/lujZTw.

Yoyo2 years, 8 months ago

Hello, My ipod touch 4 crashed and so I restored it, my previous jailbreak was gone and i updated iOS to 4.3.4. I tried to downgrade it so i can jailbreak it again but was stuck in the loop telling me to connect to itunes every time i tried to exit recovery mode. I’ve tried this method and others but they don’t seem to work… any help?

Do you have a SHSH blob saved for your iPT4G on iOS 4.3.3? If so, all you need to is use Apple’s stock 4.3.3 IPSW to restore by pointing iTunes to Cydia’s server in your hosts file.

zz2 years, 8 months ago

thnx wrks fine in tethred mode wat nw?
    wait till untethred jb is realeased?

Yes, which won’t be out anytime soon.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 8 months ago

hi, I used iFaith, but it can not get the blobs, it gets stuck on the first step searching for iBSS. I tried today on my friend’s mac to do a clean restore to 4.3.4

I got the same error: iTunes stuck on “preparing to restore”, nothing else happens and then got the same 1601 error.

I’ve taken the battery out and back in, but that did not work, I don’t know what else can I do. It’s like the iPhone can not boot when iTunes is trying to “prepare to restore” :(

If you have tried wiping/restoring your iDevice even once, you have lost the SHSH that was saved for your iDevice for that iOS version. Seems like you don’t have one. Removing the battery does no good since its a s/w related error and not a hardware one. Put your iPhone into a Recovery Mode instead & then follow this guide http://bit.ly/qn9iLL to see if you have any SHSH saved for your iDevice on Cydia.

zz2 years, 8 months ago

yes i used
    RedSn0w 0.9.8b3
    everything wrks fine a pineapple logo shws up
    n den goes off
    den again apple logo showz up.
    n goes into recovery mode :@
    i have 4.2.1 shsh blobs of my other iphone 4 ?
    will dat b ? of any use?

Nope. That SHSH blob will only be useful for that iP4 alone. Make sure that you have restored once again using iOS 4.3.4 and then follow it up with the RS0.9.8b3 jailbreak. If you hit the recovery loop, use iReb to kick it out.

zz2 years, 9 months ago

i upgraded to. 4.3.4 officiall firmware by mistake.
    after trying to jailbreak it
    nw im stuck in recovery loop
    any help?

What did you use to jailbreak it in the first place? You must use RedSn0w 0.9.8b3 & each time you reboot, you need to use the Just Boot Tethered option always to get your iPhone working.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

Hi, I did that and tried to restore to stock 4.3.3 firmware. But the error is the same: iTunes stays in “preparing iPhone for Restore”. I get this error in every computer I try, its like iTunes can not get the iphone ready to restore and stucks there

Help!

As I had mentioned earlier, it is simply because you do not have any SHSH saved for your iPhone on Cydia. Right now, what you can do is save the SHSH for iOS 4.3.3 using iFaith. In that way, you can restore to it successfully and jailbreak it untethered as well. Follow this carefully http://bit.ly/qIa3E7.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

I found out that I don’t have any SHSH saved :(

Is there any way to extract the Blobs from the iphone in DFU Mode?

No, you can’t save them if you are in a DFU mode.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

I don’t know if it has saved SHSH blobs. I was trying to get them with iFaith, but is taking so long, I think it’s stuck on “scanning for iBSS”

Is there any way to get the blobs if the phone can only be on DFU mode?

No, iFaith will not save your SHSH blobs onto Cydia. You can use it to restore your current iOS firmware. Use TinyUmbrella and click the Save SHSH button to see which iOS versions you have an SHSH saved. Make sure that you have ticked the Request SHSH from Cydia from the Advanced menu as well.

Brad2 years, 9 months ago

I have a problem with downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3. I go through everything step by step and the firmware gets almost through the whole procedure and then i get the 1013 error which bumps me into recovery mode. So everything ive read says i should use tinyumbrella to exit recovery mode and the phone should boot. But it just goes back into recovery mode. There recovery loop fix also doesnt work. This is kinda annoying and wouldnt mind some help :)

Seems like you have used the FixRecovery within TU. You will need to use the standalone, command line utility of FixRecovery to kick your iDevice off an iOS 4.3.3 recovery loop. Make sure that you have read the Update#1 in the same post down below.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

It says waiting for reboot, but the device never reboots, it seems like it doesn’t have any software installed, I don’t know…

Is there anything else that I can try?

Thank you!

Yes, it doesn’t have an iOS for Redsn0w to work on. Restore your iOS to 4.3.3 using your saved SHSH blobs from Cydia.

Mureed Bizenjo (@MureedBizenjo)2 years, 9 months ago

I updated my iphone to 4.3.3 and i’m stuck in loop recovery, when i try to use redsn0w i dont get signals on my phone i’m trying to use fixrecovery to get out of loop recovery so that i may be able to jailbreak later and get my carrier, i have a factory unlocked iphone 4, can you please tell me what i’m doing wrong?

If you have a factory unlocked iP4, you need not worry of a recovery loop unless you have updated your iP4 to iOS 4.3.4 and now trying to downgrade it back to iOS 4.3.3. Are you trying this?

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

which FW should I use? 4.3.3? Thanks

You don’t require any separate IPSW files to run FixRec. Make sure that your read the post thoroughly.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

I did that and also I installed iTunes on a computer that never had it, but the error is always the same: “Preparing iPhone for Restore” then after 3 minutes, error 1601.

Is there any thing else that I can try?

Your stuck in the DFU mode right? Use Redsn0w with the Just Boot Tethered Now option ticked and continue. That should get you out of the DFU loop.

Carlos Contreras2 years, 9 months ago

Hi, I have the very same issue

iPhone 4 / 4.3.3 stuck on DFU mode, blank screen. When trying to restore to official firmware or custom, same error: 1601 unknown error ocurred. iTunes keeps saying “preparing your iPhone to restore”, but after 3 or 4 minutes, I always got error 1601.

I’ve tryed in 5 different computers, iReb, fixrecovery, iBooty, but always the same error 1601.

Please HELP!

Uninstall & reinstall iTunes to the updated version. Make sure you have cleaned all the registries as well using a Registry cleaner of some sort. Following that, redo the procedure. Everything should work just fine now.

WILL2 years, 9 months ago

on my phone it says unable to mount user filesystem

TinyUmbrella will work for you only if your iDevice has been restored to a stock or custom IPSW was successfully w/o any errors. Seems like your iOS itself is missing here and therefore TU has nothing to work with in the first place.

Angela2 years, 9 months ago

Followed the instructions to a TEE.

fixcovery worked ok until the 2nd 100%, waiting for 10 seconds and the window just disappeared by itself. Any other ideas?

If FixRec dint work for you, use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the Recovery loop. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

MidCentury Modern2 years, 9 months ago

I’ve run though the process twice and it isn’t working. Below is the final message I get on my mac.

“Hooking jump_to command
    libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out
    Exiting libpois0n
    logout
    [Process completed]”

At this point I unplugged my Iphone as directed in the tutorial.

The last line on my iphone reads “Unable to mount user file system” It is now frozen.

thoughts?

I would suggest you to try the same on a different PC/Mac other than the one your using right now. Cannot really zero-in on what might be the issue but a different machine would definitely help.

sai2 years, 9 months ago

stuck at 13% while fetching kernelcache.release.n90 ??

please help

Make sure that your internet connectivity is working fine without intermittent disconnections.

hans h2 years, 9 months ago

SUPPPPER :-)

I’ve got my iphone 3gs back! Complete in a stress tonight but thaxs to this artikel everything works again!

Genelle2 years, 9 months ago

I am having the same problem as Eunice I think– my iphone is stuck on the Emergency Call screen, asking to plug into itunes…

If your stuck at the Emergency call screen, you’ll need to pop in your official SIM that came locked with your iPhone and connect to iTunes. It’ll then officially activate your iPhone with Apple and will skip the Emergency Call screen.

eunice2 years, 9 months ago

hi i tried using this because im stuck in the recovery loop. but after fixrecovery is done and iphone reboots still asking to be connected to itunes what should i do?

On which screen are your getting stuck at? Recovery loop screen or the Emergency Call screen?

eunice2 years, 9 months ago

i tried doing this awhile ago .. but when i open fixrecovery43.exe . itunes closes.. and i get iTunesHelper.exe not found error … my iphone 4 is jailbroken and running on 4.3.2 firmware… i just woke up and suddenly the phone is on recovery mode .. could you please help me. thanks

Did you try iReb4 from iH8Sn0w as well? Use iReb by iH8Sn0w to get yourself out of the Recovery loop on 4.3.3. Follow this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

eunice2 years, 9 months ago

will it work on 4.3.2?

Yes, it definitely will work on iOS 4.3.x. :)

Angel2 years, 9 months ago

Help I have a ipod touch 4 g and I tried to use the FIX REECOVERY 43 to kick out of restore i add the dl file to the same folder it ran good or it seemed to run good i noticed some of the words in the lof said missing or something was going to fast and then on my ipod the lof showed up then it sort of froze with the log still on it IT WAS STUCK !!!!!! IT looked like a bad glitch then i tried to put in dfu mode again maybe to get out when i did this it went to he dfu mode recovery u no when the itunes logo and the usb shows up but now….. I CANT PUT IT ON DFU MODE IT DOES NOT EVEN SHOW UP ON MY USB I GO TO DEVICE MANAGER IT IS NOT EVEN THERE I USED IREB TO PUT IN DFU AND IT SAYS FAIL HELP I DONT NO WHAT TO DO, also i originally had ios 4.3.2 and i (being a dumb a^&*) i tried to get ios 5.0 beta it worked but was lagy so decided to go back i never jailbreaked it was clean but then i wanted to jail break when i noticed i could do this i tried to go to ios 4.3.3 downloading the ispw for it but it never let me kept getting error so i restored with out the downloaded (not shift+restore just restore) it seemed to work fine restarted and then it was stuck in the loop and thats where the beging of this post starts !!! halp me please

Download the IPSW for iOS 4.3.3 and keep it ready as a separate file from here here. It’ll take sometime to download though.
      Once done, restore to the downloaded IPSW with Shift+Restore trick. Everything should work fine after that.

Iphonenewbie2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you for the help… More power!

Boog862 years, 10 months ago

I am having trouble with an iPhone 4.

It is used and not activated. My goal was to unlock with Gevey Pro. So I figured I needed to hactivate the phone.

Both F0recast-v1.2 and TinyUmbrella-v5.000 tell me the baseband on the phone is 4.10.1 and the installed firmware is 4.3.1.

I created a custom IPSW 4.3.1 file with sn0wbreeze-v2.51 to hactivate the phone.
    After putting the phone into DFU, running TinyUmbrella TSS server, I was able to go through the restore process with iTunes (latest version) but the phone never woke up!

I have run the FixRecovery 4.3 as described above and the phone will respond to this but once the code has completed running on the iPhone, it is just a black brick.

Am I missing a step? Is there anything that can be done?

Re-jailbreak your iPhone with Redsn0wRC16. This will kick your iPhone back to life in case your stuck at the DFU loop. Make sure you do not tick Install Cydia since your custom FW will already have it installed for you.

Boog862 years, 10 months ago

Thank you for the response.

I downloaded and followed the instructions for redsn0w rc16.

The program precedes normally and the iPhone 4 does reboot to download the jailbreak data but then all goes black and it doesn’t reboot and I can’t wake it up.

Do I need to follow this with a Fix Recovery? or recovery with iTunes?

Boog862 years, 10 months ago

I ran redsn0w rc16 again and checked off the “Just reboot tethered” and it successfully rebooted my iPhone 4.

Does this mean it is tethered or because I previously downloaded to the iPhone the untethered jailbreak it is untethered?

Thank you so much for your help.
          I was worried I created an expensive brick.

Verify if its Tethered/Untethered ? Reboot your iPhone and see if its stuck at the Apple logo or its coming backup normal to the homescreen. Also what iOS version where you trying to jailbreak?

You need not use any Recovery tools because your iPhone is not in the Recovery loop. Just re-run the Redsn0w’s Just Tethered Now jailbreak. It should get you out of the DFU loop and back into your homescreen.

fhemani2 years, 10 months ago

I’m not sure if this solution would work for me. I put my itouch into pwned DFU mode via sn0wbreeze. i was attempting to restore 4.3.2 custom firmware. i used iREB and am running tinyumbrella to prevent apple from verifying the restore. the restore finishes, it tells me to leave the ipod connected and that it is resetting, and it says the message will be dismissed in 10 seconds. once message is dismissed it takes me back to the screen that tells me that my ipod is in recovery mode and needs to be recovered, even though the itunes logo is not on the phone and im pretty sure its still in DFU mode (based on the black screen). i ran your solution and it isnt helping, i didnt get any of the errors that result from itunes not being open, ive tried using the home+power resest like 50 times, it wont leave the black screen. any help would be appreciated

Re-jailbreak your iTouch with Redsn0w to get yourself out of the DFU loop. It should kick your device out of the loop and into your home screen in no time. Good luck. :)

Morebrainzz2 years, 10 months ago

Really? Oh man, I feel like and idiot haha.

The link you provided provides custom 4.3.3. Does it matter if my firmware is 4.3.1?

If your on 4.3.1, Browse & point Redsn0w to iOS 4.3.1 IPSW in the first step. From there on, everything is to be followed in the exact manner.

morebrainzz2 years, 10 months ago

I have an iPod touch 4th gen on 4.3.1. I’m not sure about my BB. I am really clueless. I tried jailbreaking it because I heard it was easy and I followed this guide. http://www.techoncept.com/ios-4-3-1-untethered-jailbreak-on-windows-using-sn0wbreeze-2-5.

It didn’t mention anything about modifying my hosts file or Tinyumbrella, or SHSH for that matter. If it counts for anything, my desktop is operating on Windows 7 pro.

iPod Touches do not have a calling functionality and therefore no BB as well. This is not applicable in your case at all. Neither do you need to change anything regarding hosts file on your PC for jailbreaking your iPT. All you need to do is to follow this guide http://bit.ly/kPhfh0 to get your iPT jailbroken via Redsn0wRC16 instead of Sn0wB. Make sure that you have downloaded the necessary IPSW for 4.3.1 as well. :)

morebrainzz2 years, 10 months ago

Hey guys, I followed the steps and I still can’t get it out of the loop. The screen goes back to black after a huge text wall on it. Is it normal that iTunes exits by itself once I launch fixrecovery43? Does it matter where I save these files?

Yes, iTunes does exit itself when FixRec is run & No, it doesn’t really matter where your files are stored. What you should try is to get yourself a Custom Restore. What are your iPhone & iOS/BB details? Let me know.

henk verlaan2 years, 10 months ago

Thank you very very match nou i got 4.3.3 do you think its posibele to put later ois 5 on it ?

Yes, iOS 5 is compatible with the iPhone 3GS/4 & iPod Touch 3G/4.

Jeff2 years, 10 months ago

Hi there,

I have an iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and performed an upgrade to 4.3.2 using Snowbreeze 2.6.

I had no problems creating the custom IPSW, used iREB and then did a SHIFT+Restore in iTunes with the customer IPSW.

Eeverything went fine through the restore (no error messages), saw the snowflake symbol and progress bar on the iPhone and it went through completely. In iTunes it said the restore was sucessful and wait for the device to reboot.

However, this is where I have the problem. After the reboot, iTunes says ‘this phone is in recovery mode’ and there is a black/blank screen on my iPhone. I tried a force restart (home+power for 10 seconds) but still the same.

I then tried FixRecovery43.exe (with the DLL file listed above) and it all runs through OK and gets to the ‘exiting libpois0n’ line on the PC, and then it keeps running through on the phone for a while until it finishes and the screen goes blank/black – and after a force restart again it’s still in DFU mode.

Then tried using Tiny Umbrella, log indicates ‘DFU device connected’ – clicked on Fix Recovery, and it goes through and the phone lights up with a white screen and the log then says ‘Recovery device connected’. I then click on Exit Recovery – and the phone screen goes black/blank and the TU log says ‘DFU device connected’ again.

So I restored back to 4.0.2 (factory, not JB) and the phone restored fine. Re-did the Snowbreeze custom IPSW, iReb, Restore, Fix Recovery, etc, etc but still the same result.

Arrgh! It appears I’m missing something but just quite can’t get it. Should I try 4.3.3 and Snowbreeze 2.7?

Nothing seems to be of a big issue here. It seems your iPhone is out of battery and that its not able to kick itself out. At this point of time, its still in DFU mode and running any kind of Recovery solution will not work. Try running FR43.exe no matter how many times, it’ll still kick your phone back to the DFU mode. What you need to do is to put it on charge for sometime and then retry the steps. All the steps you have followed is correct. Nothing wrong there. This happened to me today and that’s how I know this is the solution. :)

Jeff2 years, 10 months ago

My phone was fully charged before I did the first upgrade, so I don’t think battery was a problem.

Thanks anyway.

Alright Jeff, go ahead and re-jailbreak your iPhone that’s in the DFU mode using Redsn0wRC16. Let me know what happens.

paola gabriel2 years, 10 months ago

please help me. see the details below:

C:\Windows\system32>fixrecovery421.exe
    Initializing libpois0n
    ERROR: The process “iTunesHelper.exe” not found.
    Waiting for device to enter DFU mode
    Found device in DFU mode
    Checking if device is compatible with this jailbreak
    Checking the device type
    Identified device as iPhone1,2
    Sorry device is not compatible with this jailbreak
    Exiting libpois0n

what should i do?

iPhone 1,2 is an iPhone 3G. Are you sure that a 4.2.1 iOS version is what you tried to restore to which got you into this loop? Please try the default “Fix Recovery” option from TU itself after putting the phone to DFU mode. That should work fine.

kashyap1 year, 4 months ago

Hi Pramod,Can you point out what is the default “Fix Recovery” option? Can you post a link to it? Thanks

Akef2 years, 10 months ago

i have iphone 4 recently upgraded to 4.3.1 with CFW 4.3.1 by snowbreez 2.5 it got successfully resored but after that device is stuck in DFU mode we tried almost every thing out there recboot, redsnow, TU, Fixrecovery48

one more thing when i have use redsnow and did just reboot thethred, device got detected in itunes with 4.3.1 but no display on the phone but when i disconnect the data cable it is again going in the DFU mode.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

By DFU mode, you mean to say your stuck at the iTunes screen with a cable? Because that screen is called a Recovery Loop and not a DFU. A DFU screen will be completely black without any logos or picture. Do you rely on an unlock? What is your BB version?

Akef2 years, 10 months ago

no i am not in recovery mode (Itunes Logo) my screen is completely black.
        i rely on unlock.
        BB version is 1.59

Hold down the Power Button+Menu button for about 15secs to see if the Apple logo pops up. If not, your device is definitely stuck in DFU/it may not have been charged well. If its stuck, you’ll need to follow the Custom FW restore path to get yourself back on track. What you need is Sn0wbreeze to create you the custom FW. Once done, you’ll need to restore the same back onto your iPhone 4 so that your BB is still preserved. Download the latest version from here http://bit.ly/lujZTw & follow this guide here http://bit.ly/mbFORU. You’ll be back up and running a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone. :)

Akef2 years, 10 months ago

i did tried resoring the CFW by Sn0wbreeze but after extracting files in preparing your device.. my device is again going in the DFU mode or rather itune is not able to bring my device out of DFU mode.
            when i do thether boot by redsn0w it reboots but no desplay on my phone and my device get detected in itunes even i am able to sync after removing data cable again in is going in the sleep mode i.e DFU.

Very unusual behavior. You’ll need to hook up your iPhone onto a different computer to see if the problem still persists. Try it out and let me know.

J.P.2 years, 10 months ago

Hey. I tried this but unfortunalety it doesn’t work.

I’ am on 4.3.1 with a JB and the CMD on the iPhone says no succesful firmware do winload after 50000ms ! giving up..

unable to mount user filesystem

The TinyUmbrella or TU fix recovery will only work if your iPhone is fully restored to stock or custom IPSW successfully. So first make sure your iPhone is restored to iOS 4.3.x without any error. Then try the above guide.

Gaz2 years, 11 months ago

Great thread! Hats off to you for helping out with all your advise…hoping you can give me some. I have had my 3gs for 2 years. It is locked and never jail broken. I updated to latest 4.3.3 a few days ago, all good…Until today! It came up with “no service” in the carrier part of the display, then a minute later rebooted to “emergency calls” screen, I pushed power and home after a while and now it’s in recovery mode! when i tried a restore in itunes it gives me the 1002 error right at the end of the restoring firmware! I have been reading heaps of stuff and just want to know what you think my best starting point would be? thanks

You got this error while you are trying to restore a iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze? If yes the restore stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW to get rid of it. If you want to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.3, refer to this guide http://bit.ly/jF037W

PS: Error 1002 only occurs when iTunes fails to upgrade our downgrade the baseband of your iPhone by using CFW. If you are getting the same error on restore stock iOS 4.3.3 then this could be a hardware failure (More precisely your baseband chip got damaged)

Gaz2 years, 11 months ago

This sounds bad for me. Have never had any custom IPSW installed, not interested in jailbreaking. I’m just trying to restore stock 4.3.3 because its stuck in recovery mode. How would my baseband chip get damaged? Could I try TU recovery and see what happens? Is there a chance that jailbreaking using your guide in the link will make my poor phone work again?

I am not sure but iOS 4.3.3 now have a history for bricking iDevices http://bit.ly/muD4GL Anyways, as the error is directly related to bb upgradation, so technically custom IPSW should solve the issue. Why? Because custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.3 will never touch your current baseband. You can create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 http://bit.ly/k5I7Qu or PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 http://bit.ly/jMpbKR

Gaz2 years, 10 months ago

Hi again mate. Well I used redsn0w to intall custom IPSW 4.3.3 on my iphone. I have a working home screen etc now but I have no baseband in settings(its blank), so no wifi, bluetooth, service etc. Tried to do a full restore back to stock 4.3.3 in itunes but when I plugged in iphone it kept rebooting every 5 mins and rebooted 1/2 through process. ran itunes diagnostics, itunes helper not running. Have switched to a fresh laptop, fresh itunes, iphone doesn’t reboot when plugged in now which is good. Because my baseband is blank, will restoring stock 4.3.3 put one in? or should i try to restore to an earlier stock 4.3.1?? I’m starting to understand some of this stuff but i’ve read too much info in too short a time, my brain hurts. Thanks for your advise so far, it’s the only thing keeping moving forward.

I am answering comments for past 2 years now and i was 90% sure its the bb chip error. As Bluetooth and Wifi are the part of bb chip, so when bb chip gets damaged, these two also stop functioning. Yep, you are right, in some cases, people *luckily* managed to fix this by downgrading their iPhone firmware. If you have SHSH blobs of any firmware below iOS 4.3.3, give it a try. Try restoring stock firmware first. Why? Because restoring CFW will be of no use as it will not touch your current baseband version (Which is corrupt in this case).

Gaz2 years, 10 months ago

Hey again Wolverine. Well wishing it not to be true, doesn’t make it so. You certainly must be correct, my BB chip must be fried. (wipes away a single tear). I didn’t have any blobs saved, but tried a couple of custom IPSW – 4.3.1 and 4.2.1 both trying to flash with ipad BB 6.15. The phone still works as an ipod touch with no connectivity, which is about as much use as a one legged dog lol.
        I have a prepaid card in a 6 year old Nokia which I’m stuck with till septemberish I guess. Oh joy!
        Anyhow just wanted to thank you for all the your advise.
        Cheers,
        Gaz

Denise2 years, 11 months ago

Hello, I need help. I tried to unlock my phone that was running 4.3.3 and a 5.15.04 firmware using ultrasn0w but it did not work. I downgraded to 4.3.2 and now I am stuck at the recovery screen. I then downloaded tinyUmbrella to see if it fixed the problem, I did everything as instructed and still when it reboots it is at that itunes screen, I really need help!! Does it have to do with the firmware? I’m scared I screwed my phone up =\

Do you want to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.3? If yes then follow this guide http://bit.ly/jF037W

Denise2 years, 11 months ago

I went to 4.3.2 and I can not get out of the recovery screen , don’t I need to get out of there first? Now I have to upgrade to 4.3.3 again? My phone was jailbroken already I think I precipitated myself trying to unlock it and did something I was not supposed to. Know I know I could have unlocked it on 4.3.3. I just cant get out of that Screen!!

Nops. There is no need to get out of this mode. Just restore iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 http://bit.ly/jF037W The guide also explains how you should upgrade the baseband of your iPhone 3GS to iPad baseband.

Denise2 years, 11 months ago

OMG!!!! Thank you soooo much, I left everything downloading last night and i did it this morning and it worked perfectly I was screaming with excitement lol. I had no clue what I was doing, YOU SAVED ME!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!

paramvir2 years, 11 months ago

i tried upgrading from 4.0 to 4.3.1 preserving the baseband but i am stuck on black screen after doing the way u guided.. i tried everything to come out of this black screen mode but m not able to… plz help i hve iphone 4 which was previously jailbroken n unlocked on 4.0

Listen. The TinyUmbrella or TU fix recovery will only work if your iPhone is fully restored to stock or custom IPSW successfully. So first make sure your iPhone is restore to iOS 4.3.x without any error. Then try the above guide.

Update: http://pastie.org/1933303
      Again your LOG is perfect. All it shows that your iPhone was never restored successfully last time.

paramvir2 years, 11 months ago

thanks for the concern..

i tried with 4.3.2 this time everythng went fine but now the phone is stuck on usb n i tunes logo (recovery mode) n not kicking back.. m sending you the recent logSetting to interface 0:0

paramvir2 years, 11 months ago

even if its not upgraded please tell me how can i kick it out of recovery.. m k with 4.0.1 too

If its not fully upgraded, you can not kick it out of recovery. Why? Because the firmware of your iPhone is corrupt and you need to restore it. Your iPhone can not boot the corrupt firmware. This is why when you try to kick it out of recovery mode loop, it kicks itself back into recovery.

Chars2 years, 11 months ago

Wolverine, what a great page, thank you very much.

Im getting 1611 when I try to restore on itunes.
    Also my iphone 3GS is stuck on recovery to DFU mode.

What can I do? Thank you!

PS: Should I change the battery? It doesnt seem to charge well.

Unknown2 years, 11 months ago

This is impossible. Everytime when I run fixrecovery, itunes ALWAYS x’s out. I already reinstalled itunes and it STILL does that. I’m on iphone 4 4.3.2 and I’m stuck on recovery mode.

Mmmm! Thats strange. Make sure there is no Antivirus (or Virus :P) installed on your computer. Best solution is to use any other PC or Mac near you. And do not worry, it will definitely kick your iPhone out of recovery (Assuming that you have restored your iPhone completely+successfully)

jONNY2 years, 11 months ago

My phone has gone into recovery mode really annoying tried recboot and now this above but nothing fcukin works im ready to stomp my iphone. just keep getting the same stupid errors -> fixrecovery43.exe – Unable To Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
    OK

Cool down dude. Would you mind reading step 2 and step 3 in above guide? After download zlib1.dll, place in the same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present.

Jorge2 years, 11 months ago

I’m still stuck in the loop after restoring a custom 4.3.2 firmware (with 6.15BB). I’ve already tried iReb, RecBoot, and both TU and TU(FR).

Here is the command line log: http://i.imgur.com/IcIRc.png

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Perfect log! Means it SHOULD have kicked your iPhone out of recovery UNTIL its firmware is not corrupt. Make sure you have not accidentally restored stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW instead of CFW. Also restore custom iOS 4.3.3 IPSW and then try this tool. Hopefully after restoring iOS 4.3.3 CFW, you will not be needing this tool. It will boot straight. If you do not want to restore iOS 4.3.3 CFW then do let me know, i have another workaround.

Jorge2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for the reply dude, but I don’t wanna risk using 4.3.3 (saw those permanent hardware errors). What I did though is that I downgraded it back to 4.1 and everything is back to normal.

Anyway, thanks again!

SilverD2 years, 11 months ago

I was on 4.1 with limera1n and got stuck in the infinite loop. Tried iRecovery, iReb, TinyUmbrella…nothing was really working, but I followed your steps to upgrade to 4.3 and it finally got me out of the loop. Thanks!

pat2 years, 11 months ago

is anyone on here right now? I’ve been at this all day, I don’t know if to take it to apple. I tried everything here, i get that itunes helper is not working message, it keeps bringing me back to that recovery loop screen and itunes tells me this http://anony.ws/di-CGQU.jpg

Do not worry, i think its the issue with Apple servers. Try again after few hours. Are you an iPad user?

pat2 years, 11 months ago

Since last fall. I was trying to update from 3.2.2 to 4.3.3, but it crapped out on me after it started flickering. The apple store replaced it with a new one :) apparently it was hardware related.

Randall2 years, 11 months ago

My iPhone is still stuck in the recovery loop… I’m using iPhone 4, firmware 4.3.2 , did what you asked but still stuck in the recovery loop…

Show me the LOG or what you see on your screen?

Randall2 years, 11 months ago

05/13/2011 09:24:12.623 DFU Device connected
        05/13/2011 09:24:12.785 Caching shsh files…
        05/13/2011 09:24:12.787 Found [0] shsh files to cache…
        05/13/2011 09:24:12.789 Cached [0] shsh files
        05/13/2011 09:24:12.792 You are using the current version of TinyUmbrella. 05/13/2011 09:24:12.795 Loaded History…
        05/13/2011 09:24:20.749 Attempting to fix recovery…
        05/13/2011 09:24:26.941 Starting fix recovery sequence…
        05/13/2011 09:24:26.953 Fix Recovery has finished. Allow device to reboot! 05/13/2011 09:24:28.336 DFU Device disconnected
        05/13/2011 09:24:32.611 Recovery Device connected: 012751000499891
        05/13/2011 09:24:50.530 Recovery Device disconnected: 012751000499891 05/13/2011 09:25:02.007 DFU Device connected

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!!! I’M DESPERATE ALREADY!!!!

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

still not working, always getting error 1611….!!!

Ok, this time if you get 1611 and your iPhone goes into recovery mode, download TinyUmbrella and hit Exit Recovery button.

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

Thx for your great support man by the way….but still stucking in rec mode…..

I tried EVRYTHING to get out of recovery mode!!!!

without restore
        1.Using TinyUmbrella = not working
        2.Using RecBoot = not working
        3.Using Fixrecovery = not working

with restore
        1. TinyUmbrella, Advanced, Enable Set Hosts to Cydia….
        2. Remove Cydia’s SHSH caching server from your hosts (C:\WINDOWS\system32\driver\etc\hosts) as administrator (I’m using Win7)
        3. Restart my Computer
        4. Putting into DFU Mode with iREB or redsn0w (tried both)
        5. Restore with shift in itunes using cfw 4.3.2 and 4.3.3
        (downloaded both, tried to create own cfw of both with snowbreeze = nothing worked)

>> Always gives me Itunes error 1611 = Apple Logo, phone tries to reboot and immediatly goes back into recovery!!!!

6. Tried to restore on stock ios 4.3.3 = getting error 1611
        7.jailbreak with redsnow….
        8.kick it out of recovery with tinyumbrella
        >> nothing worked

Using different USB Ports, uninstalled Itunes different times, all Apple applications + Bonjour etc…. removed itunes media libery……and installed it again, again and again….!

Ok. I confirmed this from my friend who is into iPhone repairing n stuff. He said error 1611 is due to battery issues. If your iPhone is in warranty, go to Apple store and demand a replacement. The error occurs when iPhone battery have no extra charge to bear the restore process. Either it is not charged enough or it is not charging due to hardware failure.

NickyS12902 years, 11 months ago

But battery is okay. Cause i put it into loading Station when it was empty and it loaded!

You mean iPhone dock? It recharged fully? Have you tried hard resetting your iPhone? Press the Home+Power button until your iPhone restarts and then Apple logo appears on its screen. It usually resets battery cycles (if wrong). After hard-resetting, try to restore again with custom IPSW.

NickyS12902 years, 11 months ago

By the Way i will Never get a New Phone cause they See that its iPad baseband!!
            You Loose any warranties by updating your bb!!

Oh, i though you have iPhone 4. It looks like you have iP3GS with iPad bb. I wonder why you tried to restore stock iOS on your iPhone 3GS with iPad bb. You can only restore custom IPSWs on iP3GS with iPad bb. Have you got iPhone OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 SHSH blobs?

NickyS12902 years, 11 months ago

Seems that You’re confused by all the questions you have to answer:)
            I Said iPhone 3GS New bootrom iPad baseband…
            No, there are no shsh for this Phone ( it is the Phone of a Friends i got iPhone 4 vorging perfectly!)
            Yeah iPhone dock… Charged Fully!!!
            Had to do hard reset a Few Times, Cause Phone gives me White Display— really Strange Situation i Know:)

Hmmm, yeah! I never heard of such case before but as confirmed by my friend whoz into iPhone repairing, you might need to replace your battery. Also tell me if you receive 1611 error before the restore process starts or you get this this error after restoring has been done?

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

i get this error after restoring has been done. i mean i can restore to custom firmware than it gives me the apple logo with a circle on the bottom of the sreen, than it shows up the “connect to itunes display” than it goes white, black apple logo again than error 1611…. freaky!!!

Ok. Here is a trick which worked for many. Now that your custom firmware has been restored, you need to use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 http://bit.ly/iHqdFZ over it. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/lAi8at but skip step 1, 2, 3, 4. In step 6, only choose Cydia. For some people, this trick worked. This is the last hope for you.

Mike2 years, 11 months ago

Can i say i love you? but actually i want to get 4.3.1 ios so i can lower my BB and unjailbreak it. Is there a way to get to 4.3.1?

Downgrading the firmware do not mean you are also downgrading the firmware. You can however downgrade firmware from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 4.3.1 using this guide http://bit.ly/kBIP4E

Jack2 years, 11 months ago

I tried this twice and it just stopped working half way through. The command box closed and the iphone went back to the ‘connect to itunes’ screen.

However now when i try to run it, itunes closes so i get the itunes helper not found message, and it wont go into DFU mode.

Any help would be more than appreciated :)

You must re-install iTunes. Also make sure iTunes is running in background when you run fixrecovery43.exe

Jack2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for the snappy reply:
        Heres what im getting before command prompt closes and itunes reopens:

No luck so far :(

Thank you very much for the speedy replies and help btw!

Fixrecovery is unable to download DFU image from Apple servers. Means either you are not connected to internet OR some antivirus programme (Firewall) is blocking fixrecovery43.exe to fetch DFU files from Apple servers.

Jack2 years, 11 months ago

I reinstalled itunes and while itunes did automaticly close as i ran it, i didnt get that ERROR. Although the rest was the same, and it didnt work again :/

Yup, read the above reply. Just match your screenshot with the screenshot in the above post. You will see the error.

Jack2 years, 11 months ago

You were right about the firewall. My uni server blocks selected downloads so i imagine this got caught in that.

However I went to a friends last night and ran this there. It worked perfectly!
            Came back and synced it no problem.

You rock dude! Not just for the page, but for taking the time to quickly reply to people (I was unbelievably stressed yesterday so was much appreciated!)

Thank You!

Jack

Glad that it worked for your :D Keep visiting :)

NickyS12902 years, 11 months ago

iReb puts Phone into dfu but Kick it out while restoring into dfu!!! Sure to take this Version of Redsn0w and Not it’s newest?!?! Do i have to use cfw or Firmware of 4.3.3 in redsn0w…??
    Does redsn0w Solvenz the 1611 Error??? Possible that there is a Problem with iReb in Win 7??

Yes its the latest version of Redsn0w. You need to use stock iOS 4.3.3 (DO NOT RESTORE it to your iPhone, just point it to Redsn0w). Yeah, hopefully this will clear out the confusion if this is iREB issue or the USB cable issue. Btw do change your USB port before restoring custom firmware.

NickyS12902 years, 11 months ago

So doing in redsn0w dann Change USB Port and restore in cfw??

First change USB port -> Put in Pwned DFU mode usinf Redsn0w -> Restore CFW.

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

Doesn’t work for me.
    3gs on ipad baseband!!!
    solution???

What error you are getting? Have you tried to run it using command prompt? Open any command prompt window and drag fixrecovery43.exe in it.

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

on itunes i get error 1611.

fixrecovery doing great, till the process goes on on my device.
        after writing lip0ison shows up, i disconnect my phone: data is loading but breaks up and i have black screen.

can’t get out of recovery!

It means you never used iREB. First your iREB and then restore http://bit.ly/mKemL0 custom IPSW.

NickyS2 years, 11 months ago

ohh come on man, i used iREB like a 400.000 times….the problem is it gives me error 1611 anyway!!!

Oh that is precise :D Well iREB should have solved all 16xx errors but if you are talking particularly about iTunes error 1611 then it means iTunes tried to enter the Restore Mode, but the device turned back to the Recovery Mode. I am not sure why iREB is unable to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU mode and if it does then why iTunes kicks your iPhone from DFU to recovery mode. I will recommend you to use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 http://bit.ly/iHqdFZ as iREB alternative. Take reference from here http://bit.ly/fNLHgV You need to point iOS 4.3.3 IPSW to Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 and under jailbreak options ONLY CHOOSE Just enter pwned DFU mode right now option.

Pasha2 years, 11 months ago

Wait wait, the phone just fixed, I did what was said on this page again and it all fixed up :)) Woohoo.

Glad that it worked for you!

Pasha2 years, 11 months ago

Haha thanks, not only I was able to use what’s on your site to fix the problem that my phone had but I also managed to jailbreak and unlock it as well. Although it seems like you had a comment that phones that have an Ipad BB can’t unlock their service yet, I haven’t had the chance to check and see if non ATT sim cards work on my phone or not.
        But anyways thanks for the work that you have done, there is so much information on your website that it gives me headache when I look at the topics :D

Pasha2 years, 11 months ago

Hey,

I basically did as you said but my phone is stuck in DFU. It seems like it’s done for. Do you have any suggestions for me? Please I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me.

There is no DFU loop thing :) Just connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and hold down the Home+Power button until you see an Apple or recovery logo on your screen. Note that to use TinyUmbrella (Fix Recover), you must put your iPhone in DFU mode again.

Pasha2 years, 11 months ago

Lol I’m not a techy guy :D I did most of the things that I could find here and non of them worked,I tried restoring the phone but then the phone is stuck on the recovery logo. I’m going to go to a repaire shop today maybe they will be able to do something but I’m pretty much convinced that the phone is done

You need to tell me your iPhone model, current firmware and current baseband version?

Chris2 years, 11 months ago

Even after a complete fixrecovery, my iPhone is still stuck in the loop, any suggestions?

You got iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband?

dkking2 years, 11 months ago

thank u very much. this worked perfectly. thanks again