After jailbreaking your iPhone on iOS 4.3.2 through PwnageTool or Redsn0w, you can activate it officially on iOS 4.3.2 by using SAM. Activating your hacktivated iPhone through SAM not only improves the battery life of your iPhone but also enables fully working Push Notifications on it. SAM also fixes Cannot connect to YouTube error on all hacktivated iDevices.
Steps to Officially Activate iPhone on iOS 4.3.2 Using SAM:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Click on the Manage tab followed by a click on Sources section.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right corner and then tap on Add button on the top-left corner. Enter http://repo.bingner.com as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia updates its sources database. Once done, click on the Search tab at the bottom and type SAM in the search field.
- Select SAM from the search results. Click on Install button on the top-right to install SAM on your iPhone. Once SAM has been installed successfully, click on Restart Springboard button to exit Cydia.
- Make sure your iPhone is disconnected from your PC or Mac. Open SAM app from your Springboard or choose SAM by navigating to Settings » SAM
- Tap on the Utilities menu and then tap on Revert Lockdown to Stock button. You will see Stockification Success message. If you see Stockification Failure message then it means you have not installed correct version of SAM on your iPhone.
- Now tap on SAM button on the top-left to go back to the main menu.
- Thats it. Plug your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes. You will see the following screen in iTunes:
- Wait while iTunes generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone. Once done, you are all set to sync and backup your iPhone.
- After syncing and backing up your iPhone, iTunes error 1631 will be thrown. Just ignore this message.
- Open SAM app on your iPhone and click on the More Information menu.
- If you see ActivationState as WildcardActivated, it means you have successfully activated your iPhone on iOS 4.3.2 by using SAM.
- To test if Push Notifications are working fine or not, download iPusher app from App Store.
- If for some reason Push Notifications are still not working, go to SAM » Utilities and tap on Backup Activation button followed by a tap on Restore Activation button.
UPDATE#1: Download SAM to Activate iPhone 4/3GS Officially on iOS 4.3.3
UPDATE#2: Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.x After Using SAM? [How To Fix]
UPDATE#3: Fix SAM Error - SIM Card Not Does Not Appear to be Supported