Download iREB RC4 to Fix iTunes Error 16xx, 1015, 29 & 21 while Restoring iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW

Here is a step-by-step guide to put your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad into Pwned DFU Mode to restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. To put your iDevice into Pwned DFU Mode, you can use iREB on Windows while Mac OS X users can use Redsn0w as iREB alternative. Once the iBoot of your iDevice has been patched using Limera1n exploit, it can not differentiate between stock or custom IPSWs ;)

Fix Error 3194 or 3014 While Restoring iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW:

iTunes Error 3194

On Windows:

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with Notepad. Remove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your PC.
Windows HOSTS File (Unedited)

On Mac:

Click Go -> Go to Folder and then enter path /etc
Mac HOSTS File PathRemove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your computer.

Mac HOSTS File (Unedited)

Fix All 16xx Errors While Restoring iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW:

1. Download iREB RC4 for Windows from here
  2. Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
  3. Launch iREB and select your iDevice name from the displayed options.
  4. iREB (Main)

5. Now use the instructions below to put your iDevice in DFU mode:
    • Prepare to press the Home+Power button.

iREB (Prepare to Press Home+Power Button)

• Hold down the Home+Power button exactly for 10 seconds.

iREB (Power+Home Button for 10 Seconds)

• After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding Home button until iREB detects your iDevice in DFU mode.

iREB (Home Button for Another 30 Seconds)

6. As soon as iREB will detect your iPhone in DFU mode, it will patch the iBoot using Limera1n exploit.
  7. iREB (Exploiting with Limera1n)

8. Once done, you will see the confirmation message stating that "Your device is now in Pwned DFU state".
  9. iREB (iBoot Pwned)

10. Thats it! Now your iDevice is in Pwned DFU Mode. Launch iTunes and restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW by using Shit+Restore combo on Windows and ALT+Restore on Mac OS X. If you encountered error 1015 or 1014, it means your restore is complete, just kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop using iREB (Recovery Mode Loop Fixer) or by using RecBoot

Video Tutorial:

UPDATE#1: Download iREB R4 for iOS 4.3.3 to Fix iTunes 1600, 1601, 1602 & 1604 Error

Recommended Read:

tobig4fail4 years, 2 months ago

Didn’t work for me i still have 3194 error problem :( !

Xavier Thomas4 years, 8 months ago

If this doesnt work try replacing the battery.

Xavier Thomas4 years, 8 months ago

If this does NOT work or u cant get the stuff replace the battery. Thats what i did

Vikram4 years, 9 months ago

This worked. This fuckin worked. Thanks a ton :)

Pure4 years, 11 months ago

i have tried all of the instructions above and still im getting the message 3194 =-( been trying to restore now for 2 days and have tried everything i could find online. i was using iOS 4.3.3 and iTunes told me to update to iOS5.0.1 and i did so but it said “unknown error has occured.(21)” so i tried disabling my firewall and reinstalling my itunes and using custom ipsw and now i hav tried using iREB but still i am getting 3194/1601/1602.
    Is there anything else i can try?

William5 years ago

Argh! Okay, so I have Apple cleared from my hosts, I’m using TU’s TSS server, iReb, and my phone is in DFU mode, still getting hung up at error 2005, which I have read often is a USB issue. Unplugged and plugged it in again, different USB jack, everything, to no avail. Using sn0wbreeze custom iOS 5 IPSW, btw.

Pramod5 years ago

Why are you running TU at the background ? You must realize that you can no longer restore to iOS 5.x versions even with any kind of SHSH cached for your device. They don’t work the same anymore unlike the iOS 4.x restores. Quit TU, point your hosts file back to Apple & restore to iOS 5.0.1 if that’s what you want. iOS 5.0 is way out of question to restore to at the moment. You just simply can’t.

eli5 years ago

i got a new iphone 3gs, somehow got it into restore mode even before i turned it on so i dont even know what ios is installed. i dont want to restore it through itunes, i dont want the baseband updated. when i try restoring to custom ipsw to preserve the baseband it gives me error1600/1604 even though i put it in pwned dfu mode with ireb. anything else i can do? please help!

Pramod5 years ago

There isn’t much that we can do about it since you have no idea which iOS it was currently on. For the time being all you can do right now is to create a custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW & restore to it instead. Try using Redsn0w instead to put your device into a pwned DFU mode which is a must.

Imad5 years, 1 month ago

I have an iphone 3g with iOS 4.2.1 & ipad baseband 06.15.00,i created my ios 4.2.1 custom firmware using snowbreez 2.2,after puting my iphone in pwnd dfu mode using iREB ,i tried to restore it but i’m stuck on error 1601 so plz help!

Try the restores on a different PC.

John Comeau5 years, 1 month ago

I guess, im going to go and ask for them to restore my ipod and if they ask if its jailbroken i will say that i bought it off a friend and went to reboot and it wont recover.
    Thanks so much ! i hope this works haha

You need not take so much pain to answer them. They will never know about it. Trust me. :D

John Comeau5 years, 1 month ago

I am considering doing that, but will they help me out even if my idevice is jailbroken? i thought it voided the warranty.

At this point, they have really nothing to go with to conclude that your device was jailbroken. So go ahead. :)

John Comeau5 years, 1 month ago

Hi my friend recently borrowed and jailbroke my ipod 4gen 32gb 4.3.5 using redsn0w tethered jailbreak. The problem is that my ipod will not boot using the redsn0w 0.9.9b1. When i go to restore my ipod it comes up with the (error 1611) i have tried almost everything… Even if i put it into pwned DFU mode and shift restore it, it still comes up with the error. Is there a third party program that allows me to restore my IPSW without getting these errors, or is my ipod bricked for life?
    Thanks,
    John

Yep, Error 1611 looks to be more of an h/w issue according to Apple. You might want to show it at the nearest Apple Store to get it checked. Before that just to confirm, you might want to try the restore once again on a different computer to see if it errors out again.

semmy5 years, 2 months ago

thank you for your fast reply so i turn on umbrelle and reatore with itunes ?

Read through the article that I just linked you to in my previous reply & confirm for any SHSH blobs first & then proceed.

semmy5 years, 2 months ago

for me also i tryd to downgrade to 4.3.3 i was on 4.3.5 but i did every thing on the good way and every time i try to restore on itunes i get a that my ipad 1 is set in basic settings after 10 seconds it says we found a ipad into recovery mode then i use redsnow to boot thetered but it will say complete but i cant see anything on my ipad so i am stuck into pwned dfu HOW I GET OUT OF IT please help me

You can’t do anything if you do not have a valid SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3 beforehand via Cydia / TU. By force installing iOS 4.3.3 w/o them will definitely put you into a DFU loop. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & confirm the SHSH saved for your device / iOS first & only then proceed with anykind of restore. If you do not have any, restoring to iOS 4.3.5 is your ONLY way out.

cshammah5 years, 4 months ago

I have a 3gs with 4.3.3 on the Ipad baseband 06.15. My screen is black and so I started TSS server in TU 5.00.09 and used IREB-r4 to put in DFU mode but i’m still getting a 1601 error. I have read all your suggestions and I’m baffled why this isn’t solving my problem. Please help, thanks.

What happens when you try restoring your iP3GS with stock iOS 4.3.5? Still the 1601 error? Does the restore process atleast start then?

prabesh075 years, 4 months ago

i got the error 3194 fix and then i followed the steps on the host file. then i try restoring again. And now this error 1601 comes up. i tried the ireb. but the thing is my iphone 4 has be dead black screen before i even i tried to restore it. before i got error 3194. what should i do ? help me thanks.

For Error 3194, you need to undo the changes that you have made to the hosts file right before this error i.e point gs.apple.com back to Saurik’s server for the retrieval of your SHSH. Next, you need to first put your device into a Pwned DFU state before you actually start the restore. Use Redsn0w instead of iReb by following this http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

kgp1805 years, 5 months ago

i bricked my 3gs 3.1.2 / 5.11.07 new boot, have saved 3.1.3 shsh on cydia, tried to resto to 3.1.3- used iREB RC4 and placed in dfu, itunes resto up to ‘verifying iphone resto..’completed, then itunes ends saying ‘will reboot in 10 secs’, then itunes pop up saying “itunes detects iphone in recovery mode, you must resto….”….. Now ‘USBview’ shows stuck in dfu and cant even get it out of dfu …just stuk in dfu & now cant even get it our of dfu?? any help

Do a restore by putting your iP3G once again in a Pwned DFU state using iReb and repeat. See if its behaving in the same manner.

kgp1805 years, 5 months ago

did it many times already- no go. itunes said restore complete back to factory…. but stays stuck in dfu???

Re-jailbreak your iPhone with Redsn0w, but this time only with the Just Boot Tethered option ticked. That should now get you out of the DFU loop. Make sure RS supports the current iOS that you were trying to restore to as well.

Nikko5 years, 6 months ago

Hey there. Before this, I was getting error 1015. Now I downloaded a custom made 4.2 IPSW and the error is now 3194. I tried doing the tutorial for windows but there was no entry/entries that contain gs.apple.com or is it possible that I don’t know they are there?. My “hosts” notepad is the same as what is in the sample above. So what should I erase or put a comment on?

You restarted your PC after removing entries with gs.apple.com from your HOSTS file?

Nikko5 years, 6 months ago

Nope. There wasn’t a single entry with gs.apple.com. It was as what is shown above.(In the instructions)

After removing all entries with gs.apple.com, do not forget to restart your PC. Once done, open http://gs.apple.com/ in your default windows web-browser and it should re-direct you to Apple website (NOT Cydia homepage)

Nikko5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for answering my queries bro. I really appreciate it. I haven’t done it so I brought my iPhone to a professional. :) Hope when this happens again I can fix it.

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks, I will take a look at that post and how far i get and get back to you. Another question, there is still something I don’t understand properly, maybe you can clear it up for me. When my iphone is disconnected from the PC, the screen is just black, I can push all the buttons I want, but the screen stays black, nothing happens. When I connect the iphone to the PC and I open iTunes, iTunes doesn’t recognize the iphone (on the left side I don’t see the iphone). When I put it in DFU mode or use iReb to enter pwned DFU mode, iTunes gives a message detected iphone in DFU mode, etc. So when the iphone is connected and I open iTunes it doesn’t recognize the phone, in what state is the iphone then at that moment? Recovery mode? Actually what is the difference between recovery mode and DFU mode? Cheers

In that case, it is not in recovery and not in DFU mode. To answer both of your questions, watch these videos:
      How to Use iREB to Put iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode on Windows? http://youtu.be/2nMovKzvuIw
      How to Put iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in Recovery Mode?
      How to Put iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in DFU Mode?

So if you restore stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW or custom iOS 4.3.3 IPSW, everytime it gives error 1611?

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Ok, I understand the different ways how to put the phone in different states. But what is the difference between DFU and recovery mode? What can you do differently in DFU mode what you can’t do in recovery mode for example. Yes, everytime time error 1611 pops up.

Recovery mode is used to upgrade firmware.
          DFU mode is used to downgrade firmware by restoring stock IPSW.
          Pwned DFU mode is used to downgrade firmware by custom IPSW.

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Hey Wolverine, update regarding my iphone issue. The battery was the problem, after put in a new battery, everything worked. We managed to install ios 4.3.3 and jailbreak it, it works fine now, problem solved. Luckily the phone was not bricked for life. Anyway thanks for your time and help. When I have a new issue, I know where to find you ;) Thanks man

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Hey, another thing I need to share. I know now what happened with the battery because it has happend again. The car charger damaged the battery, previous time we didn’t noticed it and thought the reinstall of windows on the laptop with the iphone still connected was the problem, but this time when plugging in the iphone in the car all lights and radio stopped for a while and the iphone was dead. A crapy car charger was the root cause of my problem.

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Hey, I got a problem with my iphone 4 (sw 4.3.2, factory unlocked) when formatting and re-installing my laptop, the iphone was still connected via usb to the laptop. Somehow after installing Itunes again I got itunes error 1611. On the iphone self I saw continious this image (http://i.imgur.com/fdqzW.jpg). So I followed this tutorial Fix all 16xx errors, but during install I got itunes error 3194. Follow again this tutorial on top of this page, it worked but after installing the OS, we got itunes error 1611 back + the same image on the iphone. Can someone help me with this? Could it be possible that the battery is dead or maybe something else?
    Thanks in advance

There is nothing to worry about. To fix error 3194, you should have iOS 4.3.2 SHSH blobs. The above guide was only valid to fix 3194 until iOS 4.3.3 was not released. If you have iOS 4.3.2 SHSH blobs, follow this guide http://bit.ly/kBIP4E and if you want to restore iOS 4.3.3 IPSW, you do not need any SHSH blobs for that. Restoring stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW http://bit.ly/mzQQmy will bypass error 3194 and all 16xx errors. Cheers :D

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for your quick reply, I need to add some more information to above story, I noticed, when I disconnect the iphone from the laptop, the iphone screen gets black, and I can try all combinations with the home and power button I want but nothing happens, the screen stays black. Also I noticed Itunes only recognized the iphone when it is in DFU mode. Do you think the answer you gave me still works with this new information? Thanks for your help.

Yes it is in DFU mode and there is nothing wrong in that. Just download stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW for iPhone 4 and restore it using iTunes. Hold the SHIFT key (Assuming you are on Windows) and click on the Restore button in iTunes. Select stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW and leave the rest on iTunes.

Komrad5 years, 6 months ago

Hey Wolverine, I tried it, unfortunately it didn’t work out. I got the iphone in DFU mode and in itunes used shift + restore to install iOS 4.3.3. Again I got error 1611. Do you have any idea what other options might help? Thanks.

Read entire comments and my replies to NickyS1290 here http://bit.ly/lFqGIU

andre5 years, 7 months ago

error (2009)? this is after i kept getting error (1600)and i used pwn for te (2009)

Error in range 2000 means there is something wrong with the USB ports of your computer. Either change the USB port or try to restore using another PC around you.

3R0lD5 years, 7 months ago

Hey people. I’m in very need for help! I want to enter DFU mode but my power button does not work. Is there any software way to enter DFU mode? PLZZZZ Help!!!

dav5 years, 7 months ago

i just used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak an iphone 3gs 4.3.2 bb 05.16.02 and now i have no signal and in carrier i just get unable to load network list
    please help

You need to upgrade your baseband 05.16.02 to iPad baseband 06.15.00 to unlock your iPhone!

Mattias5 years, 7 months ago

Ok im not very good at these things but i will try, first i maybe tell you that my phone is unlocked once directly from Apple because it was locked to one operator in Sweden when i got it. Is this still the thing i should do then?

When you want to use unofficial carrier with your iPhone, use Ultrasn0w and when you don’t want to use it with unofficial carrier, simply uninstall Ultrasn0w from Cydia.

Mattias5 years, 7 months ago

Serial nr 81946L873NP
    Baseband 06.15.00
    bootleader 6.4
    Model MC131
    Jailbrakeable only with SHSH Blobs
    Unlockable NO
    Tethered depends on jailbreak.

Mattias5 years, 7 months ago

Hello! This worked out fine for me, my phone was stuck in a mode wirh the itunes and USB picture on the display. But now the phone doesnt work to call or send textmessages with and it is always one dot on the sign for sinalstrenght. I Live in Sweden and right now im working in Norway so im not in the homecountry for the simcard. Any ideas what i can do about it? Thanks for answers. /Mattias

Jordo5 years, 7 months ago

Hey man!
    Im having a slight issue jailbreaking my ipod touch 4g, even with gs.apple.com not in the hosts file, it still gives me error 3194, Any help would be appreciated!

Just use TinyUmbrella to downgrade your firmware and to fix iTunes error 3194 http://bit.ly/elbsND If the problem still persists, it means Cydia do not have SHSH blobs for the firmware to which you want to downgrade!

Jordo5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks mate! All fixed, you’re a life saver!

alexisjenny5 years, 7 months ago

I really need to unlock my iphone 4s, i’ve got a both 04.10.01 bb and version 4.3.2 and 4.3.1. I keep getting the 3194 error even if i try the fix above. :(

Use this guide to fix iTunes error 3194 http://bit.ly/elbsND

alexisjenny5 years, 7 months ago

It still didn’t work. :( It’s giving me another error. Error 21 :\

For error 21, use this guide http://bit.ly/fKxd0o

alexisjenny5 years, 7 months ago

I’m not sure what I did wrong but it was starting to work the snowbreeze symbol showed and then all of a sudden it’s back to DFU mode and it won’t open.

Wait. I just read your first comment. So your baseband is 04.10.01? Right? Why are you restoring custom IPSW the? Just restore stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW (iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw) and jailbreak it with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14. See complete guide here http://bit.ly/f9BPDI Ideally iTunes should not throw any error while restoring the stock IPSW on your iPhone.

alexisjenny5 years, 7 months ago

I actually want to unlock it, so I used ultrasn0w :D Does redsnow help unlock too?

No, Redsn0w wont help you to unlock your iPhone and neither Ultrasn0w will because your baseband is 04.10.01 which is yet to be unlocked by iPhone Dev-Team!

jerry5 years, 7 months ago

I followed this to the end,and I insure snowbreeze is the version for 3.1.3 which I have. Tt tells me i m in pwnd DFU and to use itunes to load the custom ipsw but it still gives me th 1601 error that iREB was supposed to fix. If I was truly in Pwnd mode wouldnt I not be getting that error since i ran iREB? SHould I try a different custom ipsw other than the one i created with sn0wbreeze? I want to unlock the sim once the ipsw is installed properly.

Its not the issue with custom IPSW. Its because you are not using Pwned DFU mode to restore. 16xx occurs when you restore from simple DFU mode instead of Pwned DFU mode. If you are still not sure how to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU mode, see this video http://youtu.be/wU4iI_T51e8

Mahesh5 years, 7 months ago

Hey buddy, I ended up with this issue and am pulling my hair to get out of it. Nothing seems to be working. Even after PWNED DFU mode, I try restoring and end up getting this error.
    Here is what I tried to do.
    3GS on 4.2.1. I tried to update the base band to 05.16 using redsnow. Then it wouldn’t restart. I tried to tether boot it and still the same. Somehow in the process, I created a custom ipsw using snowbreeze for ver 4.3.2 and tried using this or restoring in iTunes. Now I really don’t know what version my iDevice is.

Do you rely on an unlock? What is ur current baseband? Also why were trying to upgrade your baseband to 05.16?

Mahesh5 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for responding. I updated my baseband to 05.16.00 to unlock my Rogers Phone in Canada. However I think in the process of all the mixup, I ended up using IPSW from a 4.3.2 version. It was getting stuck in 1015 error. All trying all the tools I ended up using your “Recboot” Script that finally ended my issue and then restarted the phone. I restored but somehow when I inserted a Rogers sim card it was not catching the signal and my WIFI was all messed up. It would not connect. So I decided to do another restore this time and used snowbreeze to create a custom 4.3.2 IPSW and used it to restore. Right now, none of the tools are working to fix my 1015 error. I have used the following tools without any success.
        Tiny Umbrella
        Easy iRecovery
        iReb
        1015 fixer
        RecBoot
        Every time I use the tool, my iDevice tries to restart and then gets stuck in the iTunes window. Please help.

Use iOS 4.2.1 IPSW again and when you are done, install Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 from Cydia. Once installed, your iPhone will start catching the signals from any network operator.
          PS: If for some reason, Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 is not working on iOS 4.2.1, use this guide http://bit.ly/hk4aDV to downgrade to Ultrasn0w 1.2.

mj5 years, 7 months ago

I successfully restored iOS 4.3.2 on my iPhone 3Gs by following your instructions. However, im getting the error “unable to load network list” when i select carrier. any advice how can i fix this? thanks a lot.

Kevin5 years, 7 months ago

Shit! Hey you hella smart, it working, thanks a lot but redsn0w made my iphone run slow, and reboot slowly, than sn0wbeeze

Kevin5 years, 7 months ago

Hey Jaxov, 1015 can’t works with ireb, recboot, or tinybrella… help

What is your current firmware?

Kevin5 years, 7 months ago

i think, in the past i used 4.2.1 and unlocked, now trying to update the iphone to 4.3.2….got only the error 1015, and tried to use the 4.2.1 firmware still didnt work.

Either create fresh iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 http://bit.ly/gBOM7o or download a pre-made iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW for your iPhone from here http://bit.ly/fGg7IJ Once done, put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode by using the above guide and restore the custom IPSW using iTunes. Hopefully you will not get stuck in recovery loop again.

Kevin5 years, 7 months ago

I tried it, but sn0wbeeze’s firmware didnt works, anyway else, or can u use teamview to help me out ?

Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 from here http://bit.ly/f9BPDI and follow this guide http://bit.ly/hlXH6Q but skip step 1, 2, 3 & 4 as you are already on iOS 4.3.2.