Here is a step-by-step guide to put your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad into Pwned DFU Mode to restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. To put your iDevice into Pwned DFU Mode, you can use iREB on Windows while Mac OS X users can use Redsn0w as iREB alternative. Once the iBoot of your iDevice has been patched using Limera1n exploit, it can not differentiate between stock or custom IPSWs ;)
Fix Error 3194 or 3014 While Restoring iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW:
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with Notepad. Remove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your PC.
Click Go -> Go to Folder and then enter path /etc
Remove or comment all entries which contain gs.apple.com and reboot your computer.
Fix All 16xx Errors While Restoring iOS 4.3.2 Custom IPSW:
- Download iREB RC4 for Windows from here
- Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch iREB and select your iDevice name from the displayed options.
- Now use the instructions below to put your iDevice in DFU mode:
- Prepare to press the Home+Power button.
- Hold down the Home+Power button exactly for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding Home button until iREB detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
UPDATE#1: Download iREB R4 for iOS 4.3.3 to Fix iTunes 1600, 1601, 1602 & 1604 Error
- Fix iTunes Error 21 During Custom IPSW Restore [How-To Guide]
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad