You might not believe but it actually works. The same tool which i used to create Windows 7 bootable USB back in October 2009, can now be used to create Windows 8 bootable USB and DVD from an ISO image. Yesterday i shared a tutorial to create a bootable Windows 8 USB by using MBRWizard CLI method which was bit more complex to follow. Using this guide, you can create Windows 8 bootable USB/DVD disk with only a few clicks.
- Windows 8 ISO (2.45 GB) « Download
- USB Flash Drive (4 GB or above)
Steps to Create Windows 8 Bootable USB/DVD Using ISO Image:
- Download and install Windows 7 USB/DVD from here or from here.
- Plug your USB flash drive into your PC
- Launch Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe and hit the Browse button. Select Windows 8 ISO image file and click on the Next button.
- As i will be creating a bootable USB flash drive, so i will choose USB device. If you want to burn a Windows 8 DVD, choose DVD.
- Select your USB drive from the drop-down list and click on Begin copying button.
- Now leave the rest on the tool. It will format your USB flash drive, mark it as an active partition and then will copy all files from ISO to your USB pen drive.
- Once done, reboot your computer and press DEL key to enter your BIOS. Set USB flash drive as the fist bootable device and exit BIOS by saving changes.
[A huge shoot out to Kolbaszmen for sharing this cool tip :D]