Hackulous is probably the favorite Cydia source of iPhone users who love to try premium iPhone apps before making a final purchase from App Store. To install cracked apps on your iPhone, you must install Installous from Hackulous repo. You can add Hackulous repo to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad by using the following two methods. If for some reason the first method do not work, you can always add Hackulous repo by SSH'ing into your iDevice.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download AppSync and Installous from the Hackulous repo anymore. As an alternative, you can use this post to try out other Installous Alternatives. You can download AppSync from these sources: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013)
Add Hackulous Repo Manually:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom and then tap on the Sources section to view current repositories.
- Tap on the Edit button on the top-right and then tap on the Add button on the top-left.
- Enter http://cydia.hackulo.us/ as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia updates its repo database. Once done, click on Return to Cydia button and start browsing the Hackulous repo.
Add Hackulous Repo Through SSH:
- Download Hackulous.list from here.
- Now SSH into your iDevice using WinSCP or CyberDuck and put the file you downloaded in step 1 to the following location:
- If for some reason SSH'ing into your iDevice fails, use iPhone Explorer to place Hackulous.list file in sources.list.d directory. Make sure to install afc2add from Cydia to get access to root folder on your iDevice.
- Once done, respring or reboot your iDevice and ur done!
root » private » etc » apt » sources.list.d
After adding Hackulous repo, follow this guide to install Installous on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. If you face any kind of difficulty in following the above procedure, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Also Check Out:
- Top 15 Dreamboard Themes of 2011 for iPhone & iPod Touch
- How to Add Insanelyi Repo on Cydia [Source Address]