Unlock for iPhone 4 02.10.04, 03.10.01 Baseband Delayed

Here is a quick update for those who are waiting for iPhone 4 02.10.04 and 03.10.01 baseband unlock. According to the recent tweet by MuscleNerd, Ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 with 02.10.04 or 03.10.01 baseband might get delayed for some more days or may be weeks. Earlier, MuscleNerd confirmed that he will not release unlock until Apple releases iOS 4.3 publicly. Now that Apple has released iOS 4.3, everyone was expecting the unlock within a week or two.

iPhone 4 02.10.04, 03.10.01 Ultrasn0w Unlock

Sorry, there's no news on the i4 unlock for those who lost 01.59 (or never had it). It's taking longer than we wanted :(

For those who don't know, the baseband of iPhone 4 runs ThreadX which is a RTOS (Real-Time Operating System). Like most of RTOSes, ThreadX uses a multitasking kernel with advance scheduling, fast interrupt response and very good memory management. Definitely the kernel of such OSes are hard to crash and thats why Apple used ThreadX to run the baseband of iPhone 4.

Although iPhone 4 baseband is protected by ThreadX, still Shrief Hashim found an exploit which can unlock both of these basebands. Sherif Hashim, himself confirmed that his exploit can unlock iPhone 4 02.10.04 and 03.10.01 baseband. So, all those who are waiting for the unlock should never get disheartened by MuscleNerd's tweet. Hopefully, we will get unlock within a month now.

Update#1: iPhone 4 02.10.04, 03.10.01 Baseband Unlock is SIM Dependent
Update#2: iPhone 4 Unlock is Possible Through NCK Brute Force Method

Christina M.4 years, 4 months ago

How do I unlock my iphone 4 02.10.04??? help please :/

Davidid5 years, 6 months ago

How can I know on real time when the unlock is released?
    Or what’s the best place to follow this up?
    It’s taking a looooot!!!!!!
    I am considering to unlock it via operator paying money…

iP4 owner5 years, 6 months ago

any news with the unlock for bb 03.10.01 ??

Nops! MuscleNerd has the most laziest a** in this universe.

iP4 owner5 years, 6 months ago

lol
        well, there’s only one way to “unlock” an iPhone 4 with other BB than 1.59.00 and it seems that I’m heading that way.. Gevey :(

Gevey rocks :D I am getting full signal-bars. No battery drainage issue so far.

WHO CARES5 years, 8 months ago

QQ QQQ Thats all I hear comming from these NOOBS mouths QQ QQQ

lolwyn5 years, 8 months ago

“Definitely the kernel of such OSes are hard to crash… ”

Hey. If an iphone crashes, does that mean the OS is unstable and vulnerable?
    I play this game call kingdomconquest from SEGA and often the game crashes and reboot itself to “safe mode” whenever I play over 3-4 hrs. Does that help at all? Can anybody send this message to MuscleNerd?
    I want to help instead of complaining!

I’m on a jailbroken iPhone4. iOS 4.1. 02.10.04 bb. locked to a carrier.

please keep me updated!

The OS used to run the baseband is completely independent of iPhone OS. Baseband crashes are way too different than the iOS crashes and iOS crashes are way too different than Springboard crashes!

iphone4 owner5 years, 8 months ago

A month a month that all they ever say they dont have an unlock or just don’t want to release it. Screw iphone im selling mine.

Monkey D Luffy5 years, 9 months ago

Right Bro. That is the point. We want unlock now. And I don’t believe this news of coming out in a week or two. They will keep on postponing on that day.

Ben Johnson5 years, 9 months ago

What the hell? Check this reply of MuscleNerd to this person :S This is so wrong :x We want unlock now :@