iH8sn0w has updated his Sn0wbreeze tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3 final on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G & iPad. With Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1, you can create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on Windows, which on restore through iTunes will jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.3. Except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom), it will be a tethered jailbreak for all other iDevices. iOS 4.3 jailbreak on iPad 2 is not supported in Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1.
iDevices Supported by Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1:
- iPhone 4 [Tethered]
- iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) [Tethered]
- iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) [Untethered]
- iPod Touch 4G [Tethered]
- iPod Touch 3G [Tethered]
- iPad (1st-Gen) [Tethered]
- iPad 2 [Not Supported]
- Apple TV 2G [Not Supported]
Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 Warnings:
- Except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom), it is tethered jailbreak for all supported iDevices.
- To boot your jailbroken iDevice, you have to use iBooty software.
- MobileSubstrate is broken and do not currently work.
- Ultrasn0w 1.2 do not work on iOS 4.3.
- If you rely on unlock, only choose Baseband Preservation Mode option while creating custom IPSW
Steps to Create iOS 4.3 Custom IPSW Using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1:
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows from here
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 from here | Mirror
- Download iOS 4.3 final for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad from here
- Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 and click OK and Close Credits button to get started.
- On clicking the Next button, you will be prompted to confirm your action. Choose YES if you really want to proceed.
- Either click on Browse button or drag iOS 4.3 IPSW to Drag an IPSW into me! section.
- Just to avoid any confusion, make sure the IPSW name matches to your iDevice as follows:
- Now wait while Sn0wbreeze identifies your iDevice by examining the provided IPSW.
- Once Sn0wbreeze has detected your iDevice successfully, click on the Next button to continue.
- Now you'll see the following three modes. Choose Baseband Preservation Mode if you rely on an unlocked iPhone or Simple Mode if you want to jailbreak and preserve your baseband as well.
- Baseband Preservation Mode: This mode only preserves the iPhone's baseband. It does not jailbreak or unlock the actual device. All other modes still do preserve the baseband.
- Simple Mode: Recommended for people that don't know what to add. This mode will add Cydia, afc2, SSH for Apple TV and other recommended stuff automatically.
- Expert Mode: Expert mode let you have all customizing options at your disposal. Such as custom boot logos, root partition size, installer options and unlocke.
- To hacktivate your iPhone, choose YES. If you have an official carrier SIM to activate your iPhone, choose NO.
- Now wait while Sn0wbreeze creates iOS 4.3 custom IPSW for your iDevice. Mean while you can play PacMan game for fun. You will be needing Adobe Flash player installed in your Internet Explorer to play this game.
- Once custom IPSW has been created, click OK and follow the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode. At this point you can find iOS 4.3 custom IPSW file on your desktop. To avoid any confusion, the names of iOS 4.3 custom IPSWs respective to your iDevices will be as follows:
iPhone 4: iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 3GS: iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 4G: iPod4,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 3G: iPod3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPad (Wifi): iPad2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPad (Wifi+3G): iPad2,2_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPad (CDMA): iPad2,3_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 4: sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.ipsw
iPhone 3GS: sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.3.ipsw
iPod Touch 4G: sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 4-4.3.ipsw
iPod Touch 3G: sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 3G-4.3.ipsw
- Turn off your iPhone completely
- Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.
Steps to Restore iOS 4.3 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:
- Open iTunes 10.2.1
- Click on your device name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
- You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Restore button.
- Browse to your desktop and select iOS 4.3 custom IPSW.
- Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on your iPhone.
Once restore process is complete, your iDevice will reboot automatically but it will stuck on Apple logo with a small circle on it. Its because your iDevice is tethered and you have to boot it into tethered jailbroken state using iBooty. To boot your iDevice using iBooty 2.0, follow the instructions here
Update#1: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Windows to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#2: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Mac to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#3: iBooty 2.0.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Issue
Update#4: Fix iOS 4.3 MobileSubstrate in Cydia Manually [How-To Guide]
Update#5: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b2 for iOS 4.3 Jailbreak [Fixes iBooty, MobileSubstrate & iPod Touch Sleep Bug]
Update#6: iBooty 2.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Isse on iPod Touch 4G/3G
Update#7: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b3 to Fix iPod Touch 4G iBooty Issues
Update#8: Ultrasn0w Fix for iOS 4.3 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS Available via Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4