Jailbreak iOS 4.3 Final on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G & iPad Using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 [Guide]

iH8sn0w has updated his Sn0wbreeze tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3 final on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G & iPad. With Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1, you can create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on Windows, which on restore through iTunes will jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.3. Except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom), it will be a tethered jailbreak for all other iDevices. iOS 4.3 jailbreak on iPad 2 is not supported in Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1.

Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3

iDevices Supported by Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1:

• iPhone 4 [Tethered]
  • iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) [Tethered]
  • iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) [Untethered]
  • iPod Touch 4G [Tethered]
  • iPod Touch 3G [Tethered]
  • iPad (1st-Gen) [Tethered]
  • iPad 2 [Not Supported]
  • Apple TV 2G [Not Supported]

Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 Warnings:

• Except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom), it is tethered jailbreak for all supported iDevices.
  • To boot your jailbroken iDevice, you have to use iBooty software.
  • MobileSubstrate is broken and do not currently work.
  • Ultrasn0w 1.2 do not work on iOS 4.3.
  • If you rely on unlock, only choose Baseband Preservation Mode option while creating custom IPSW

Steps to Create iOS 4.3 Custom IPSW Using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1:

1. Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows from here
  2. Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 from here | Mirror
  3. Download iOS 4.3 final for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad from here
  4. Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 and click OK and Close Credits button to get started.
  5. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (Main)

6. On clicking the Next button, you will be prompted to confirm your action. Choose YES if you really want to proceed.
  7. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 Confirmation

8. Either click on Browse button or drag iOS 4.3 IPSW to Drag an IPSW into me! section.
  9. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (Select IPSW)

10. Just to avoid any confusion, make sure the IPSW name matches to your iDevice as follows:
  11. iPhone 4: iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone 3GS: iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPod Touch 4G: iPod4,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPod Touch 3G: iPod3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPad (Wifi): iPad2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPad (Wifi+3G): iPad2,2_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    iPad (CDMA): iPad2,3_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw

Open iOS 4.3 IPSW

12. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze identifies your iDevice by examining the provided IPSW.
  13. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (Identifying IPSW)

14. Once Sn0wbreeze has detected your iDevice successfully, click on the Next button to continue.
  15. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (iDevice Identified)

16. Now you'll see the following three modes. Choose Baseband Preservation Mode if you rely on an unlocked iPhone or Simple Mode if you want to jailbreak and preserve your baseband as well.Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (IPSW Modes)

• Baseband Preservation Mode: This mode only preserves the iPhone's baseband. It does not jailbreak or unlock the actual device. All other modes still do preserve the baseband.
    • Simple Mode: Recommended for people that don't know what to add. This mode will add Cydia, afc2, SSH for Apple TV and other recommended stuff automatically.
    • Expert Mode: Expert mode let you have all customizing options at your disposal. Such as custom boot logos, root partition size, installer options and unlocke.
  17. To hacktivate your iPhone, choose YES. If you have an official carrier SIM to activate your iPhone, choose NO.
  18. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 (Hacktivation)

19. Now wait while Sn0wbreeze creates iOS 4.3 custom IPSW for your iDevice. Mean while you can play PacMan game for fun. You will be needing Adobe Flash player installed in your Internet Explorer to play this game.
  20. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (Creating Custom IPSW)

21. Once custom IPSW has been created, click OK and follow the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode. At this point you can find iOS 4.3 custom IPSW file on your desktop. To avoid any confusion, the names of iOS 4.3 custom IPSWs respective to your iDevices will be as follows:
  22. iPhone 4: sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.ipsw
    iPhone 3GS: sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.3.ipsw
    iPod Touch 4G: sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 4-4.3.ipsw
    iPod Touch 3G: sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 3G-4.3.ipsw
    iPad: sn0wbreeze_iPad-4.3.ipsw

Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (IPSW Created)

• Turn off your iPhone completely
    • Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iPhone in DFU mode.

Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 for iOS 4.3 (Limera1n)

23. As soon as Sn0wbreeze will detect your iPhone in DFU mode, it will put it in Pwned DFU mode so that you may not get any 16xx or 1015 error during restore.
  24. Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 iREB

Steps to Restore iOS 4.3 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:

1. Open iTunes 10.2.1
  2. Click on your device name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
  3. iPhone Name in iTunes

4. You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Restore button.
  5. iTunes Restore

6. Browse to your desktop and select iOS 4.3 custom IPSW.
  7. iTunes iOS 4.3 Restore

8. Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on your iPhone.

Once restore process is complete, your iDevice will reboot automatically but it will stuck on Apple logo with a small circle on it. Its because your iDevice is tethered and you have to boot it into tethered jailbroken state using iBooty. To boot your iDevice using iBooty 2.0, follow the instructions here

Update#1: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Windows to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#2: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Mac to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#3: iBooty 2.0.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Issue
Update#4: Fix iOS 4.3 MobileSubstrate in Cydia Manually [How-To Guide]
Update#5: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b2 for iOS 4.3 Jailbreak [Fixes iBooty, MobileSubstrate & iPod Touch Sleep Bug]
Update#6: iBooty 2.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Isse on iPod Touch 4G/3G
Update#7: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b3 to Fix iPod Touch 4G iBooty Issues
Update#8: Ultrasn0w Fix for iOS 4.3 to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS Available via Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4

iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 JB

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3 (Beta 1) | Mirror
Download iOS 4.3 Final for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad 2/1st-Gen

Johan7775 years ago

Thanks, will do that

Johan7775 years, 1 month ago

Hi, does this jailbreak have the option to change the baseband 06.15.00? I have a 3GS on 4.3 (8F190) and 05.16.01 and want to unlock it. If not, what is the best route forward to unlock the phone?

Pramod5 years ago

Use the latest iteration of Redsn0w instead only for the iPad BB update (tick only this option). You can JB your device via JBMe after that.

jdubu5 years, 1 month ago

Go to settings, then click store, then it will say sign in.. put in your email & password if you created one already and it should work. I had the same problem and came across your post so I thought it might help even though its a little late!

m0l0ch5 years, 4 months ago

great guide!

So i got JB my iphone 3gs, 4.3.3 baseband 06.15.00.
    So how do i simunlock it?

Can i simply install ultrasn0w, and that should be it?

Plz advise

Yes, install it from Cydia. That should complete the unlock.

nae5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, here is my problem, i did a jail break on my brand new iphone 4.3.1 with redsn0w then i tried ultrasn0w to unlock carrier as locked to telstra but once i did this the phone is in constant recovery mode i try to restore via itunes with phone in dfu mode and also recoverymode to no avail.. itunes comes up with error code 3194 with a normal itunes restore and the shift key-restore buttong process.. i have tried everything i have read everywhere i have no host files to delete and im stuck..!!! please help i havent even used my new phone yet..!! i have a previous iphone 4 on 4.1 that ive had for a year and no problems with that and that is jailbroken (limera1n)

thanks =)

3194 suggests that your trying to restore to an iOS version for which you do not have an SHSH saved for. Have you saved the SHSH for the iOS version your trying to restore to? Also please fill me in with your iPhone iOS/BB version details as well.

kong5 years, 6 months ago

from host what else should i do to find gs.apple.com.please show me

Nothing, just make sure that the line doesn’t exist at all. if it does, delete it from the hosts file and try the restore once again. If it still doesn’t work, I suggest you to try the restore on a different computer/your friends computer. It should work positively if everything else fails. :)

Mark5 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

I’ve updated and jailbreak newest iOS yesterday, what was much easy than previous iOS jailreaking.
    Only one problem- in apps store when I want to update but there shows different email address than mine what is “steven@rims.jobs”. I checked apps store in settings and it’s signed with my email address but when I open apps store update and there’s different email address that in unable to make update. Any solve idea?

Thanks again

Mark

On desktop PC/Mac: Open iTunes -> Store menu -> Choose Deauthorize this computer and then choose Authorize this computer
      On iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad: Settings app -> Store [Remove and then re-add your Apple ID]

Mark5 years, 7 months ago

I did those ways, but still not solved and steven@rims.jobs still there…?

I have read different forums on this issue but all have recommended a full restore to bypass this virus!

KONG5 years, 7 months ago

whatever i do it keep said DFU was not detected! try again. like you said keep my last 10 second keep my finger on home and release power button. i still can not get this thing to work. please help

Are you sure your Home and Power button is not faulty because i have told you every tweak i know and even provided video guide to put your iPhone in DFU mode.

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

i followed step by step when come near to the end at 30 second count. it’s very confusing at 10 second left and the screen keep saying fail FDU mode with the big X. can you help me out. it so close, but except the last step.

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

hi, i have ipod 4 upgrade to 4.3 and try to jailbreak, but no luck can you help me out. thanks

Just use this easy and simple guide http://bit.ly/f5RE42

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

Try this and it keep saying unable to recognize specified IPSW. and with the sn0wbreeze i did put the ipod in FDU mode, but at the last 10 second to the end there is a bit confusion the finger show top and bottom move. i’m not to clear on that, if you take a quick look you’ll see. please help

In last 10 seconds, make sure not to remove your finder from Home (Bottom) button and remove your finger from Power (Top) button.

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

Sorry i try still got an error. i’m very lost and still did not work. Please help

What error? I mean what is the error code?

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

hi, when try to download sn0wbreeze 2.3 from the link. this is what i get This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader. where else can i down load from. thank you

john5 years, 8 months ago

I got problems when I did as you suggest! I have sucessfully upadte to ipad baseband 06.15.00 from 05.16.01, but now when I tried to jailbreak, still got a lot of problem! and then my iphone was stucked in recovery mode, no matter how hard I tried, I can not quit the recovery mode! Even, I can not restore to current ios 4.3.1 because it keeps telling me error 1015: I am trying to downgrad. So I am in big trouble now, can anyone help me out? Appreciated!!!

Nothing is wrong. You must be restoring stock IPSW thats why your iPhone got stuck in recovery mode. Also when you get 1015 error, you can use Recboot or TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery loop error. Make sure to restore custom iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.2.1 (SHSH blobs needed) IPSW instead of restoring stock IPSWs. Remember, once you are on iPad baseband, you can never restore stock IPSWs.

john5 years, 8 months ago

Thank you very much, Wolverine. I have error 1015 prbably because I use stock IPSWs when restore to 4.3.1, as you say. En, I will try to restore with custom 4.3.1, itunes always give me error 21 or 1065 when I restore without the store IPSWs.
        I am trying now, thank you again!

For error 21: http://bit.ly/fKxd0o
          For error 16xx: http://bit.ly/i9HUGL

john5 years, 8 months ago

Thank you again! it works! Wolverine, you are the best!!!
            so my phone is jailbreak now,I saw cydia on my phone, how would I further unlock it, if I want to continue using some other carrier?
            Thank you very much again!

Use Ultrasn0w Fixer from PushFix repo http://bit.ly/hY3x85

john5 years, 8 months ago

my current baseband is 05.15.00, and I got a iphone 3gs not 4, will it work the same way as the website indicate? thank you again,Wolverine you are the best!

There is no such baseband like 05.15.00. I think you mean 06.15.00. If that is the case, Yep, PushFix Ultrasn0w Fixer will do the work!

john5 years, 8 months ago

yeah, I have unlocked, so excited to use my T-mobile card

john5 years, 8 months ago

Hi, I still got problem! I cannot use the tmobile card! when I open cydia, it refreshing data, it gives me some warning indicating :some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Have you tried the Ultrasn0w Fixer by DjayB6? Also note that Cydia errors are normal. Every jailbroken iPhone hv these small issues!

kong5 years, 6 months ago

hi, Wolverine can you help me out. I have iphone 4 jailbreak already and used Gevey Sim card right now and version 4.3.3 and b.b 4.10.01., but for some reason my kids played with and delete all my info like Cydia and Installous. can i jailbreak again and how do i use Gevey sim card again. Please give me step by step instruction. Thank You ( T-Mobile)

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

hi, i have ipod 4 did limera1n everything went well and finished, but for some reason i can’t find limera1n logo anywhere on springboard, reboot many times there no luck to install Cydia. did i missing a step please help.

new5 years, 8 months ago

Hi can somebody help. I cannot restore even in black screen mode and promt me 3914 error.

I think you probably mean 3194. Remove everything from your HOSTS file as you do not need SHSH blobs when upgrading to latest firmware. For more information, use this guide.

Mark5 years, 8 months ago

Hello, it is me again.
    I managed to jailbreak and tethering boot to my iphone 4 with PC and it worked :), cydia worked, everything worked, except one not working is signal, that there is no signal as only one small bar of signal and unable to make call or text message, etc. Any idea how i can make it working, please?

Whats your iPhone model? Do you rely on unlock? What is your iPhone baseband?

Mark5 years, 8 months ago

I have managed to jailbreak, hurray!!! Because I did take YES for hacktivate first time, what gives me no signal in iphone, I did restored and do jailbreak process again and take NO this time, and worked! Yeaaahhhh :)

kong5 years, 6 months ago

hi, i try to download 4.3 Final for iPhone 4 [iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw],but when it finished, this is what i got (invalid menu handle).does any one know what is the problem. i just want to jailbreak the phone.please help

From where did you download the IPSW? And where do you see this error popping up?

kong5 years, 6 months ago

what is it mean activate and unactive. which one should i download.just try to jailbreak the phone please help.

Choose Activated IPSW if you do not have the official SIM with which your phone was locked to. If you have, choose the Unactivated version.

BlueNeo5 years, 8 months ago

Dosn’t work on my ipod touch 4g, after restore from iTunes whith custom firmware, boots up normal whith cydia installed but doesn´t open cydia.
    not even after boot using booty 2.2.

Some people are reporting the same issue but using iBooty 2.1 solved their issue.

KONG5 years, 6 months ago

Please help, when i try to restore the phone thru itunes. i got message 3194. how can it be.please help me i’m very lost

Please give more details of your iDevice, like iOS, iPhone version & the iOS to which your trying to restore to.

Kong5 years, 6 months ago

after jailbreak my iphone 4 4.3.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16.that you sent me got stuck in apple logo. try to restore on itunes,but got message 3194.please i don’t know what else to do. just want to get the back to work. i’m counting on you. by the way i never update my version. because the phone already come with 4.3.3. it’s 5 days old from AT&T. please help me figure this out.

For the time being, lets get your iPhone 4 back alive. Don’t mind about ultrsn0w/JB now. So do as I say.

1. Download the latest 4.3.3 iOS for your iPhone 4 from here http://bit.ly/kjLNRn.
            2. Open iTunes & whilst still making sure your iPhone is connected to your computer, Hold “Shift+(Click)Restore” button in iTunes. It’ll now pop up a browse window. Point it to the IPSW you downloaded just now from the above step and wait for it to finish.
            3. Wait for it to finish. If all goes well, you’ll be back up and running your iPhone as good as new.
            4. If you don’t have the official carrier SIM to which it was locked to, don’t worry about it now.

Follow the steps above and let me know how it goes. Good Luck. :)

KONG5 years, 6 months ago

hi, i followed the instruction you gave me download the new version of 4.3.3 then shift + restore from itunes, but still didn’t do anything error message s 3194.i’m lost without a phone please help me thru this. greatly appreciate. i can’t go without the phone. iphone 4 4.3.3 and 6 days old with AT&T. can anyone help me figure this out please.

What does your hosts file read? Does it have an entry for gs.apple.com in it? If you are using Windows, your hosts file is most probably c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. If you have it, remove the same and try the same procedure once again.

kong5 years, 6 months ago

wow i got it back and it now back to original iphone 4 4.3.3 b.b 04.10.01, but can i jail break it ??? please give me step by step to jail break it. i don’t want to mess it up again. thanks for great tips how to restore the phone back you’re the MAN !!!!!

Awsome. Good job in getting it up and going. :)
            Absolutely, you can jailbreak your iPhone 4 in a few minutes. All you need to do is:

1. Download the latest Redsn0w RC16 from here http://bit.ly/kOhAeX.
            2. Follow this guide over here http://bit.ly/kPhfh0 to JB your iPhone successfully.

Good Luck. :)

KONG5 years, 6 months ago

hi, i finally JB my phone thanks to you. cound’t do it without your help, you’re the MAN and by the way when can we unlock the iphone 4 4.3.3.

Gr8. Glad everything worked out for you well. :)
            As of now, Gevey is the only solution for unlocking the iPhone 4. No s/w unlock release expected anytime soon.

BenPJohn5 years, 8 months ago

Download iOS 4.3 Final Custom IPSW for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad:
    +New Bootrom, *Old Bootrom
    Except iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom), all custom IPSWs are for tethered jailbreak.
    iPhone 4: iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw [Activated | Unactivated]