The FireCore team has just updated their Seas0nPass tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3 final on Apple TV 2G. It is still a tethered jailbreak which requires you to boot your Apple TV into tethered jailbroken state on every restart. For those who don't know, Seas0nPass tool is just like PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze which helps you to create custom Apple TV IPSW file and restore it trough iTunes.
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Mac OS X from here
- Download Seas0nPass for Mac OS X 10.6 and above from here
- A micro-USB cable which will be required to complete the jailbreak.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on Apple TV 2G with Seas0nPass:
- Unzip Seas0nPass.zip file on your desktop and launch the Seas0nPass app.
- Now you will see two options i-e Create IPSW and Boot Tethered. As you are jailbreaking iOS 4.3 on your Apple TV for the first time, so choose Create IPSW option. If you have already restored iOS 4.3 custom IPSW option, choose Boot Tethered option and jump to the tethered boot instructions below.
- Now wait while Seas0nPass downloads stock iOS 4.3 firmware file which will be used to create the iOS 4.3 custom IPSW to jailbreak your Apple TV.
- When prompted, connect your AppleTV using a micro-USB cable (leave power disconnected) and hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seven seconds to put your Apple TV in DFU mode.
- Once Sas0nPass will detect your Apple TV in DFU mode, it will open iTunes and start the restore process automatically.
- iTunes will confirm the restore when complete. Once done, your Apple TV will be jailbroken on iOS 4.3 final.
Steps to Boot Apple TV 2G in Tethered Mode Using Seas0nPass:
The above instructions will jailbreak iOS 4.3 final on your Apple TV 2G but as it is a tethered jailbreak, so you have to boot your Apple TV into a tethered jailbroken state on every restart using the instructions below:
Note: The Apple TV MUST be disconnected from the computer (for at least a brief moment) after restoring in iTunes for the tethered boot process below to work properly.
- Launch Seas0nPass app and choose Boot Tethered option this time.
- When prompted by Seas0nPass, connect the AppleTV to your computer via micro-USB. Wait for the rapid flashing light on your Apple TV and then connect the power. Once both are connected hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seven seconds to put your Apple TV in DFU mode.
- Thats it! Leave the rest to the Seas0nPass tool. It will boot your Apple TV into a tethered jailbroken state. Once done, remove the micro-USB cable and connect the HDMI cable.
Warning: If you haven't saved iOS 4.2 SHSH blobs for your Apple TV, you will not be able to downgrade it from iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2. As this is a tethered jailbreak, so we recommend you to wait for iOS 4.3 untethered jailbreak which will arrive within a week or so. [via GDNA]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback