Folks at BGR who previously reported that Apple will release iOS 4.3.1 within next 1-2 weeks, now got lucky enough to get their hands-on yet to be released iOS 4.3.1 build for iPhone 4. According to them, iOS 4.3.1 will not come with any new exciting features but it will be a minor release that will bring some bug fixes and improved battery life for supported iDevices.
Here is a list of changes which you can expect in iOS 4.3.1:
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility
As a whole iOS 4.3.1 will be an important update for iPad 2 users. It will fix all gyro related issues on iPad 2 as many iPad 2 users reported that when they tried to download gyro enabled apps from App Store, it gave them error message stating "This iPad is not compatible because the app requires a Gyro". Some people reported that Springboard and few 3rd-party apps are unable to recognize the gyroscope on their iPad 2.
Another important news that iOS 4.3.1 can bring to iPhone jailbreak community is the patching of iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability. For those who don't know, a few days back iPhone hacker named Comex managed to jailbreak Verizon iPad 2 running iOS 4.3 on it. According to the changelog reported by BGR, Apple is all set to patch the userland vulnerability present in iOS 4.3 which led Comex to jailbreak his iPad 2.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback