iH8sn0w has updated his iBooty tool to v2.2 with some minor bug fixes. After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4, you have to use iBooty tool to boot your iDevice into a tethered jailbroken state on every restart. Only iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) users do not need to use iBooty as they can jailbreak their iPhone on iOS 4.3 untethered using Sn0wbreeze 2.3.
- Launch iBooty.exe and choose your iDevice name from the drop-down list.
- Now iBooty will search your iDevice in DFU mode. To put your iPhone in DFU mode, use the instructions below:
- Make sure your iDevice is connected to PC via USB cable. Prepare to press the Home and Power button at the same time.
- Press the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iBooty detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
When you create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.3, iBooty is automatically placed on your desktop with necessary files. Just in case, if you deleted the iBooty folder accidentally, you can download iBooty for your iDevice from the links below.
Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPhone 4
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPhone 3GS
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPod Touch 4G
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPod Touch 3G
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPad (1st-Gen)
- Fix iTunes Error 21 During Custom IPSW Restore [How-To Guide]
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad