iH8sn0w has updated his iBooty tool to v2.2 with some minor bug fixes. After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4, you have to use iBooty tool to boot your iDevice into a tethered jailbroken state on every restart. Only iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) users do not need to use iBooty as they can jailbreak their iPhone on iOS 4.3 untethered using Sn0wbreeze 2.3.

iBooty 2.2 How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

1. Launch iBooty.exe and choose your iDevice name from the drop-down list.
  2. iBooty 2.2 Select iDevice How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

3. Now iBooty will search your iDevice in DFU mode. To put your iPhone in DFU mode, use the instructions below:
    • Make sure your iDevice is connected to PC via USB cable. Prepare to press the Home and Power button at the same time.
    • iBooty 2.2 Prepare DFU How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

• Press the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • iBooty 2.2 Home+Power How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

• After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iBooty detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
    • iBooty 2.2 Hold Home Button How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

4. As soon as iBooty will detect your iPhone in DFU mode, it will patch your iDevice with Limera1n exploit.
  5. iBooty 2.2 Exploiting Limera1n How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

6. If your iDevice gets stuck at "Waiting for device..." step, try to put your iDevice in DFU mode again and repeat the above steps.
  7. iBooty 2.2 Waiting for Device How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?
    iBooty 2.2 Uploading LLB How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?
    iBooty 2.2 Done How to Use iBooty 2.2 to Put Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into Tethered Jailbroken State?

When you create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.3, iBooty is automatically placed on your desktop with necessary files. Just in case, if you deleted the iBooty folder accidentally, you can download iBooty for your iDevice from the links below.

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPhone 4
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPhone 3GS
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPod Touch 4G
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPod Touch 3G
Download iBooty 2.2 for iPad (1st-Gen)

Recommended Read:

Christina1 year, 9 months ago

I can’t boot my iphone because I booty doesn’t have any IDevice in the drop-down list!! What do I do?

nesa2 years, 6 months ago

MY 4.3 PHONE IS TUCK ON THE APPLE SCREEN,i accidently lost cydia on my phone removing a stupid theme,and i tried many ways to replace cydia but it just didn’t appear as an icon on my phone.i finally copy and pasted all related files to cydia to try to replace any missing file that cause the icon not to appear but insted when i rebooted it,it is just stuck on the apple screen,i could put it in recovery mode but itunes doesn’t restore it using my redsnow file it says error

bishwa2 years, 10 months ago

Hey Pramod,

I was running 4.3.2 iphone 4 with bb 4.10.01 unlock via gevey for tmobile. i had cydia installed but didn’t save any shsh blobs. i tried to install H1siri and when cydia says reboot device, it stuck in apple logo. didn;t boot up, itunes didn’t recognize the device. so i decided to upgrade to 4.3.3 without shsh saved (which was my biggest mistake). everything went right, after successful restore, the device could not boot up complete black screen. all i can do is run redsnow and “boot tethered right now”. then the spring board comes up. i checked my version which is 4.3.3 and bb still 4.10.01 ( i created custom ipsw from snowbreeze). Now i cannot do anything to get device out of recovery. tried recboot, irecovery, new redsnow, tiny umbrella nothing happens. i tried to restore itunes gives me error 3194 ( i found this is because of no shsh and apple not signing it anymore).

Now what are my options? can i upgrade to 4.3.5 (if apple still signing??or not??) preserving my bb 4.10.01 so that i can unlock via gevey. i am not worried about jailbreaking ( i can live without cydia). i am happy with app store (lol). please help me out what i can do to make my iphone alive???

Luis3 years, 1 month ago

Okay, so i updated my iphone 4 to that jailbroken ios 5 beta 6… but the thing is, i have a mac, how can i boot tethered?

iBooty works only on Windows. So you will definitely need to take the help of a Windows friend to run iBooty each time you reboot your device.

amit3 years, 2 months ago

i have upgraded my iphone 3gs from 3.1.3 to 4.3.3. the phone was not booting at all and finally i ran redsnow and it only now boots with “just boot tethered now: it has been upgraded to 4.3.3 with the baseband being preserved to the old one ie 05.12.0. can someone pls help me to get it to boot normally.

W/o having a SHSH saved for your device on iOS 4.3.3, using TU for your restores will do no good. You need to make sure that you actually have one saved for your device by Cydia http://bit.ly/qS5bjW first. If you do not have one, don’t even bother to update. Open up TU & set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Next, restore to the custom IPSW in a pwned DFU mode just like how you had proceeded earlier. If iTunes returns Error 3194, don’t bother to update to it anymore.

Waffles3 years, 2 months ago

Alright, noted. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated :)

Waffles3 years, 2 months ago

No, tried saving it with tinyumbrella, but it said none could be saved.

Well then you can’t restore to that/any iOS versions either. Try editing your hosts file to Cydia’s servers & then retry your restore (by avoiding TU ofcourse). If iTunes errors out once again, you cannot do anything more about it & therefore your stuck & iOS 4.3.5 update is your only way out.

Waffles3 years, 2 months ago

Hi, I’ve used snowbreeze 2.5.1 to jailbreak my iphone 4 to ios 4.3.1.
    There were no problems in restoring and updating to custom ipsw.
    However, after the snowbreeze logo, the apple logo did not appear. Instead, it was in normal recovery mode. I tried using ibooty, and it booted up, but i was stuck in emergency call.
    So i switched it off and now its in pwned dfu mode.

Please help.

Did you have the SHSH blob saved for your device for iOS 4.3.1 to begin with?

TareQ3 years, 3 months ago

I am stuck with black screen.

My iPhone is 3Gs, Installed Firmware (4.3), Serial Number (87017WA23NR), Installed Baseband (05.16.01-6.4_M3S2)

I tried to jailbreak my iPhone with iPad baseband, but everytime i finish the restore process, i get error 1015 undet iTunes. I tried to use iBooty to reboot my devices but with no luck (black screen is all what i get).

That’s not jailbreaking !! Your using Apple’s stock IPSW files to restore your device which you can’t because it seems like you have already updated your iPad BB. You need to restore using a custom IPSW from now on. Create one using Sn0wBreeze and restore to that instead. Make sure that your put your device it in a Pwned DFU mode as well.

Jeremy3 years, 4 months ago

How long is it going to take for a iPad 2 jailbreak for the 4.3.3 (8J2) I really want my iPad 2 jailbroken really bad

As long as Comex takes to bring one out which won’t be far too long.

mentor3 years, 4 months ago

can any one help me unlock my iphone 4 because its fully locked and I don’t know how to lock it.

if any one can tell me that step by step I’ll be thankfully once again thanks and i’m waiting for an fast answer…

Please tell us your current iOS & Modem FW details. A more detailed info regarding your iPhone would be great.

tony3 years, 6 months ago

hey after i use ibooty and i did the things and then it says done and then itunes comes up and tells me to restore it pls help

Timo3 years, 5 months ago

Same problem! please help! Looks like Ibooty try to restart the iphone but itunes comes up with that message tony described above. What can we do?

The firmware on your iDevice was never restored successfully. Whats your iDevice model? Current firmware? Baseband? Rely on unlock? What firmware you want to restore?

Timo3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for your reply.
          I’m talking about the iPhone4 with the current firmware 4.3.3 (8J2).
          I’m not sure where I can see the baseband?! If got something named modem-firmware which is 4.10.01.
          First I updated the firmware to the current. After that I followed these instuctions to unlock my iphone. Cydia is successfully installed but I cant get any connections to my mobile provider. When I try to connect with IBooty the error above appears! Its a new US Iphone and I never did a unlock before. Would be nive if you could help me with that. Thanks

First iBooty is only for tethered jailbroken iDevices. Why are you trying iBooty when untethered jailbreak is already out? http://bit.ly/lAi8at Also as your baseband is 4.10.01, so you can not unlock your iPhone using the current version of Ultrasn0w. U can only use Gevey SIM http://bit.ly/f2n5VU to unlock your iPhone for now OR wait for iPhone Dev-Team’s NCK unlock method? http://bit.ly/hz5kNi

Timo3 years, 5 months ago

Thank you very much for your reply! Okay, so I understand the issue.

What do you think or maybe you know, is there a roadmap when the Dev-Team’s NCK release ultrasnow for my baseband?

I do not want to pay for anything, so I think Gevev SIM is currently no option for me. But when there is no roadmap for my baseband or it took to long, I have to come back to Gevev SIM as a workaround :(

Tell you the truth, i think iPhone Dev-Team is on the losing side this time. Its been over 1 month and we didn’t receive a single update from Dev-Team about NCK unlock.

Josh3 years, 7 months ago

I ran thru the whole process and everything well smoothly. However, after ibooty displayed a “done!”, my iphone 4 went into black screen. I held power button to restart it and everything will stil the same?!!!

wad happened? can help pls…

Everytime you restart your iDevice, you must use iBooty. So repeat the procedure again. Do not forget to restart iBooty before repeating the whole procedure.

Chris hill3 years, 7 months ago

Ibooty v2.2 can’t find my iPhone in the drop down list

There will be a files folder in the same directory in which iBooty is placed. Make sure files folder has .DFU file in it.

chung3 years, 7 months ago

I have a same problem, can’t find anything from the dropdown list, i did try so many way and so many different version, ( 2.0, 2.2…………….), still same.
        PLZ help

Just download iBooty from the above links and make sure to extract it instead of running iBooty directly from ZIP file using WinZip or WinRAR.

Mike N3 years, 7 months ago

Hi–
    I did run sn0wbreeze v2.4b1. It created sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch4_4.3.1.ipsw (Follow instruction) and then boot it with i-Booty-for-4.3.1. The I open iTune to restore then I got an error (21).
    Thank you for all reply.

Error 21? iTunes throws this error when you are trying to restore from recovery instead of DFU mode. First restore sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch4_4.3.1.ipsw through iTunes by using this guide and then use iBooty. More info on error 21 can be found here

mpact19813 years, 7 months ago

I used snowbreeze 2.4b1 and got cydia on my springboard. it keeps crashing when i open it. downloaded ibooty. when i open ibooty.exe and click on “select your device” there are no devices to select in the dropdown menu??? help please???

ugh!3 years, 7 months ago

did everything it says to do and cydia or safari wont open on my ipad
    please help

To use any jailbreak function, you must use iBooty to boot your iPad otherwise Cydia and Safari wont work. Hope this helps!

Tommyvn3 years, 7 months ago

hello!
    i did try to jailbreak it, and then iBooty…it showed white for long, and didn’t exit recovery.
    please help

ipdtochhacker0093 years, 5 months ago

i had the same problem as you but after some times of practise on the DFU mode i got i find out the problem is because i did not press hard enough …
      after when your out of DFU mode restore again (WARNING THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR APPS/MOVIES/MUSIC)

Steven3 years, 7 months ago

Download iBooty 2.2 for iPad [Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 was not accepting iOS 4.3 IPSW for iPad]
    This above statement is in correct, because I just jailbroke an iPad 1 yesterday using the latest snowbreeze.

Can you provide me the download link for iBooty for iPad, so that i can upload and help others?

LC-J3 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, if you say so. Don’t be such a smart arse and then neglect to provide the links… Obviously aren’t any to provide. Back-up your sources next time, don’t bother just taking the time to brag and point something out as wrong, who the f*ck cares. I don’t care you got it working. Just tell me how. Pr*ck! Why the hell would you take the time to comment but not do something useful and just paste the links alongside it. You can’t even reply to Wolverine’s request. Intact, you could do something useful… Jump off a bridge you time wasting idiot. STEVEN YOU MONG. Go f*cking die. Your mother hates you (You were adopted.) Tw*t.

Never mind LC-J, i created the custom IPSW and uploaded the iBooty for iPad myself. Anyways, thanks for your comment =)

LC-J3 years, 7 months ago

Hah. Yeah, about that… I’d just woken up 2 hours ago, and I was a liiiiitle bit cranky. (Don’t know where you’re based, but if it’s sometime in the afternoon and you think I’m a lazy sod, it was 8:20am). :P Have you tried JailBreaking with Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 for 4.3.1? Because I can successfully create the cuseom IPSW and complete the restore through iTunes with it, but I can’t seem to get into a tethered state with iBooty v2.2 (The package included) – Do I therefore need a SPECIFIC version of iBooty for the iPad that will enable me to do so? FYI, I keep getting stuck on “Waiting for device/iDevice” whichever it says, right after “Exploiting with Limera1n” :\ Tried everything, running with admin priviledges, in compatability (Both XP & Vista) Simultaneously running as Admin & Compatability Mode, CMD, etc.. But repeatedly getting the same thing, restarts and re-JBing and everything, over 20+ times, now. :\ Is this the solution? Because I gave up in the end and just put the Apple iOS 4.3.1 final (Genuine) back on.

…And about my previous *Pleasant* comment directed at the silly Steven who is of no use at all, you’re welcome. :)

THANKS WOLVERINE!!! :D