How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.01 Baseband on iOS 4.3 with Ultrasn0w 1.2?

Restoring stock iOS 4.3 IPSW to your iPhone 3GS upgrades its baseband to 05.16.01. To unlock iPhone 3GS baseband 05.16.01 with Ultrasn0w, you must upgrade it to iPad baseband 06.15.00. It is the same iPad baseband hack which can be used to unlock iPhone 3GS/3G 05.15.04 & 05.14.02 baseband.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: DO NOT use this guide as it is outdated. Use this guide to fully jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3GS baseband 05.16.01 on iOS 4.3.3.

UPDATE#1: DO NOT use this method as iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 which helps you to upgrade to iPad baseband while jailbreaking iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1. Just follow this guide to upgrade 05.16.xx to iPad baseband using Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 and this guide to unlock it with Ultrasn0w.

UPDATE#2: iH8sn0w has just released Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 which allows you to upgrade to iPad baseband without any 1002 or other restore error. Just download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here and follow this guide to upgrade to iPad baseband (Even if you are on iOS 4.3.1).

UPDATE#3: Downgrade iPad baseband 06.15.00 to 05.13.04 is very much possible!

UPDATE#4: Fix iPhone 3GS (iPad Baseband) Battery Life Issues on iOS 4.3.3 [Tips]

Warnings:

• After upgrading your baseband to 06.15.00, you can never downgrade your baseband back to 05.16.01. Until now, there is no tool available which can actually downgrade iPad baseband 06.15.00 to 05.16.01, 05.15.04 or 05.14.02.
  • All those apps which use GPS will not work as GPS functionality is broken on iPad baseband.
  • You can never restore stock IPSW of any firmware again on your iPhone. To downgrade or upgrade your firmware, you must use custom IPSWs made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.

Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 (Main)

Steps to Upgrade iPhone 3GS Baseband 05.16.01 to 06.15.00:

1. Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows or Mac OS X from from here
  2. Download stock iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS.
  3. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for Windows or Mac OS X
  4. Make sure your iPhone is running stock iOS 4.3 IPSW. You can download stock iOS 4.3 IPSW for iPhone 3GS from here and restore it with iTunes 10.2.1.
  5. Note#1: As confirmed by Mr. Jhey and Mr. Marcel, Redsn0w will not upgrade your baseband if you are running stock iOS 4.3 or custom iOS 4.3 on your iPhone 3GS. In order to use Redsn0w to upgrade to iPad baseband, you must first downgrade back to iOS 4.2.1 (Stock or custom IPSW) using this guide. Once downgraded to iOS 4.2.1, use Redsn0w to upgrade to iPad baseband and then restore custom IPSW of iOS 4.3 made with Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4.

6. Launch Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and click on the Browse button. Now you can either choose iOS 4.1 IPSW or iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for iPhone 3GS.
  7. Redsn0w (Browse for IPSW)

8. Wait while Redsn0w processes the firmware file.
  9. Redsn0w (Processing Firmware)

10. Choose YES if you have iPhone 3GS with newer bootrom, otherwise choose NO. You can check the bootrom of your iPhone 3GS through iDetector software which you can download from here.
  11. iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom or Old Bootrom)

12. Once IPSW has been successfully identified by Redsn0w, click on the Next > button.
  13. Redsn0w (Firmware Processed)

14. Wait while Redsn0w patches the kernel in IPSW.
  15. Redsn0w (Patching Kernel)

16. Choose "Install iPad Baseband" option from the list and click on the Next > button.
  17. Redsn0w (Install iPad Baseband)

18. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and make sure it is completely powered OFF.
  19. Redsn0w (Prepare DFU)

20. Now use the following instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
    • Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds.
    • Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
    • Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
  21. Redsn0w (DFU Instructions)

22. Now Redsn0w will fetch iPad baseband files from the server. This process usually takes a while, so please be patient.
  23. Redsn0w (Fetching iPad Baseband)

24. Once done, your iPhone will restart automatically. Click on Finish button to close Redsn0w.
  25. Redsn0w (Done)

26. Thats it. Now your iPhone 3GS should be running iPad baseband 06.15.00.

Now download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 from here and use this guide to create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW for your iPhone 3GS. After creating custom IPSW, restore it with iTunes. After custom IPSW restore, use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) to kick your iPhone out of iOS 4.3 recovery mode loop. If you are iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) user, you must use iBooty to boot your iPhone into a tethered jailbroken state. Last but not the least, use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.

TIP: Instead of jailbreaking iOS 4.3 on your iPhone to get a tethered jailbreak, use iOS 4.2.1 custom IPSW for untethered jailbreak which you can create using Sn0wbreeze 2.2 and PwnageTool 4.2.1.

Also Check Out:

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

As u said didnt gt any help 4m custmer care but still
    Finally gt my phn replaced 4m other service provider
    Nw everythings working fyn

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

Well thanks 4 everythng
    Tell u wat hpns after talking to customer care tommorow…

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

Yes i did that but they said it is a minute problem and we cannot give u a replacement for this
    What should i do now
    Can i call the customer care and will i get some help from there?

Yep, that’s what even I guessed. Your issue isn’t good enough for a replacement. Calling Apple care won’t do much help either.

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

I mean to say it shows a difference of almost 1000 meters
    And sometimes it does not even show the location
    When i click on the arrow button in the bottom left corner of the map it keeps on revolving and does not show any location
    Wat i think is that gps is working but it has some problem with its antenna…

Probably & did you show these differences to the people at the store where you brought it from?

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

No that map app is also not working properly
    It does not show my exact location like my other iphone does
    The other two devices shows the exact location
    What should i do now??

Please elaborate on what do you mean by exact location? How much meters difference in calculation are we talking about?

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks 4 the reply
    But i have two other iphone also and they shows the perfect location
    Basically the problem i m facing is that when i use some of the apps such as navv india and speedometer then it works fyn in my other iphone but in the new one i bought it says that waiting for valid gps signal and it keeps on searching for valid signal all the time so i am unable to use any of my navigation app in the new phone
    Help me out!!!!!!

All what Apple cares is if its stock Maps app is working all good with the GPS fixing or not. They don’t really care about 3rd party applications & how they work. Is your Maps app working fine or not?

Dabassmohit5 years, 1 month ago

Jaxov i bought a new iphone 4 factory unlocked from the iworld 6 days back but now i realised that gps is not working properly
    It is showing my location but not very accurately
    Then i went to service centre but they didnt changed my phone with a new one
    So can you suggest me something that how can i proove it to them that gps is not working properly

GPS location services are not always accurate right to your footstep ofcourse. It depends on many external factors weather conditions, rains, clear skies etc. This issue in no way whatsoever will make you eligible for a replacement either simply because that’s how they / any kind of GPS works. Its not like the GPS itself isn’t working for you that would convince them to replace it for you right ?

Alok Kumar5 years, 1 month ago

I bought iphone 3gs (used) it has ios 4.3 and baseband is 05.16.01. I used redsn0w to jailbreak it. Now, it boots only in tethered mode. Can I somehow do something to boot it untethered? Also, how do I unlock it? Thanks.

iOS 4.3 was always on a tethered JB. You would need to either update / downgrade your device to that iOS versions which has an untethered JB. Make sure that you have their SHSH saved first before you restore your device.

Jep Ed5 years, 2 months ago

ummmm why should he downgrade back to ios 4.1 does that firmware better support the iPad baseband ?

Nope. iOS 4.1 is still being officially signed by Apple for the iP3GS. That’s why.

Durgesh Kumar5 years, 2 months ago

I unknowingly (abt. re-locking) upgraded my iPhone 3Gs to 4.3.5 (present BB is 5.16).
    Tethered JBd using redsn0w but it’s detecting no network/carrier…
    looked for Untethered JB but seems, it’s not available till date…
    Tried downgrading too but none worked out…

Any update for unthethered JB & Carrier unlocking procedure will be really helpful…
    Pls. update…
    Regards…

Nope !! Unfortunately, the only way to get your iP3GS unlocked is by updating your BB to an iPad’s BB. I assume you already know the risks that are involved in updating to the iPad’s BB (Google it). You can still be on an untethered JB by downgrading to iOS 4.1.Restore your device to iOS 4.1 custom IPSW first & then update your BB to an iPadBB to complete the unlock. Use Sn0wbreeze http://bit.ly/rq4MtY to create one & restore to it to jailbreak your device. Make sure that your aware of the risks.

Shailesh5 years, 2 months ago

Recently I bought a Iphone 3gs BB 05.16.02 and OS 4.2.1 (8C148a). I was told that this phone is unlocked and Jailbroken however when i Insert my T mobile SIM I see “No service”. Can someone assist me on what could be an issue here and how to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Keeping all the risks involved in mind, you need to update that BB of yours to the iPadBB first & only then can you unlock your iP3GS. Read this http://bit.ly/jVI3cT. Make sure that you use Redsn0wRC18 for the iPad update ONLY & not the jailbreak. For JB, use Greenpois0n / Redsn0wRC19.

Nisar5 years, 2 months ago

Hi
    Is any solution available to reverse 3GS with 4.3.3 and 6.15.00 to some version with GPS working??????

NO !! Read my previous reply to AK here on the same page.

Trikey5 years, 2 months ago

I already have my 3GS 4.2.1 jailbroken using Greenp0ison and unlocked using ultrasn0w. However, baseband remains at 5.16.02. Is the baseband causing the “No Service” on my iPhone whenever I insert a Tmobile SIM?
    If so, is there a way to change just the baseband to 6.15.0 (without re-restoring 4.2.1)?

Thanks!

Yes, by using Redsn0w you can achieve this. Follow the same instructions as mentioned on this post for 05.16.02 as well. They are all the same when it comes to updating to the iPadBB. But make sure that your aware of the risks of updating to the iPadBB before proceeding.

Torstein5 years, 3 months ago

My 3gs crashed while on 3.1.3 with blackra1n jailbreak and unlock. Updated it to 4.3.5 but need unlock so downgraded to 4.1. Trying to update to 4.3 so i can update the baseband from 05.16.02 but the update to 4.3 doesnt go through. Itunes says something like “the device isn´t eligible for the update..” Have googled the problem and tried everything but it wont go through.. Is it because it is pre-jailbroken on 3.1.3? The 4.3 on phone now is jailbroken with redsnow… Is that the problem maybe? im on mac. Appreciate your help :)

Stay on iOS 4.1 itself & update your BB to an iPadBB first by using Redsn0wRC18 & then use Ultrasn0w to unlock. For your info, only if you have an SHSH saved for your device / iOS either by Cydia / TU will you be able to restore to any version other than the latest iOS version being pushed out by iTunes. Also, iOS 4.3 is still a tethered JB.

TOMsfdupuiphone5 years, 3 months ago

I just downgraded to 4.1 and unlocked it but have no service. I am running 5.16.02. Any suggestions. Cydia works fine i have reinstalled ultrasnow, powered off with 3g off, reset network settings nothing works

05.16.02 is an Ultrasn0w unsupported BB. You should read the Ultrasn0w note first before you proceed with its installation on Cydia.To unlock your iP3GS, you need to update your BB to an iPad’s BB first. Only then will you be able to unlock it as of now. Read this http://bit.ly/jVI3cT to unlock your device.

simon5 years, 4 months ago

thanks Pramod it works now ,,but i had to turn my wifi of as it was trying to locate me threw that instead of my gps .

1 last problem is i have unlocked it with ultrasn0w and am on version 4.2.1 (8c148) with 05.15.04 baseband so does this mean its not unlocked as it still has the phone baseband and not the pad baseband,as it can see the carrier in the general/about settings but seams to be searching on the top left forever . if i go to general/carrier , its ticked auto but a screen comes up saying unable to load network list . ive tried with orange pay as u go sim ( not 3g ) and it wont work and ive tried with t-mobile on 3g and that wont work :( . will i have to get an o2 3G sim to use my i-phone as i want to keep the gps function .
    thanks

NO, 05.15.04 is an Ultrasn0w unsupported BB & therefore the only way to get it unlocked is by updating your BB to an iPad’s BB. Installing Ultrasn0w on 05.15.04/ using a different carrier SIM will not do any good because the BB needs to be unlocked first to be able to read your SIM.

simon5 years, 4 months ago

i have jailbroken my iphone 3G version 4.2.1 with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 for windows but i didnt want to lose my gps so i didnt change the baseband but still installed ultrasnow to unlock it .. can i unistall ultrasnow and go back to o2 and keep the jailbreak . if so how . i carnt c the gps anywhere in my settings :(
    i forgot to mention my modem firmware is 05.15.04
    thanks

Well, your having a tethered JB on iOS 4.2.1. Meaning, you will have to use the PC always to get your iP3G booted up if you ever Power it OFF. Apart from that, you can just uninstall Ultrasn0w from Cydia & continue using your iP3G. GPS is in your Maps app, not in your Settings.

Balsher Sidhu5 years, 4 months ago

Hey people,

My brother had a a LOCKED iphone 3GS, iOS 3.1.3

He got it unlocked and jailbrocken from some vendor (duh)… Some time back he forgot his passcode, and tried to restore his phone to unlock it… That installed iOS 4.3.4 on his device and now it’s obviously locked again. I don’t know the Baseband because he has lost the AT&T SIM and the phone won’t go beyond the “No SIM installed” homescreen. How do I go about unlocking and jailbreaking it? And also, do I need that official AT&T SIM to unlock the phone?

Please reply ASAP.
    Thanks a ton in advance…

Right now, you’ll have only a tethered JB for your iOS 4.3.4. Meaning you’ll be needing the help of your PC and will have to repeat the jailbreak steps every time you power OFF your iPhone. Your in luck only if you have the SHSH blobs saved on iOS 4.3.3 for your device by Cydia. Do you have them?

Russell5 years, 4 months ago

How about Gavey SIM for iOS 4.3.4? Still does the trick? Or the latest iOS patches vulnerabilities to that as well?

Gevey is only for the iP4’s & not for an iP3GS. And No, Apple hasn’t patched it yet on IOS 4.3.4.

Russell5 years, 4 months ago

That means for iOS 4.3.4 there is no unlock yet available? Only jailbreak (which for myself I do not need) Until Dev-team possibly come up with something new on redsn0w?

Its not that there isn’t an unlock. The Dev-Team hasn’t integrated the option to update your iPad BB just yet into the Redsn0w compatible for iOS 4.3.4.

This is simply because of the GPS issue that is being faced by many. The iPhone Dev-Team wants to now limit the number of people to rely on the iPad BB. But you can then very well use RSrc18, point it to iOS 4.3.3 and tick the Install iPadBB option only and update your BB. After that, use RS0.9.8b3, follow it up with a tethered JB & install Ultrasn0w from Cydia. That should get it done.

Russell5 years, 4 months ago

I dont care about jailbreaking, although I understand unlolcking can not happen without jailbreaking first, am I right?

Yes, that’s correct. and in your case, you’ll be having only a tethered jailbreak for your iOS 4.3.4. So you’ll need the help of your PC to boot up your iPhone every time you shut it down.

Russell5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Pramod. But I believe that will not change the baseband to any unlockable one (with redsn0w – from repo666 source, later on when I install cydia) I want my phone to be unlocked

That’s right. RS beta does not have the Install iPad BB option just yet. Are you sure that you do not have any SHSH blobs saved for any of the earlier iOS versions? Check using TU with the Request SHSH from Cydia option ticked as well from its Advanced menu.

Russell5 years, 4 months ago

Hello Wolverine,

I have 3GS iphone with 4.3.4 firmware and 05.16.02 firmware.
    Can I upgeade its basebank to IPAD one with redsn0w (which version. I heard that some suggest 0.9.6rc18 or 0.9.6rc19) and then install cydia to unlock? Can I feed redsn0w with 4.3.3 IPSW to upgrade the baseband?

No, you can’t. You need to use the beta version of Redsn0w0.9.8b3 to use iOS 4.3.4 with a tethered jailbreak. Download it from here http://bit.ly/rqYb8u.

Sandeep5 years, 4 months ago

I was trying ti install baseband file .Here when tried to browse the .deb file. .deb file was not downloded in the PC . so i can not proceed further .

What baseband file are you talking about? Are you using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3.deb?

Tanasha5 years, 5 months ago

I did it! Thanks! :)

manik5 years, 5 months ago

AFTER DOWNGRADING TO 4.1 I UPGRADED IT TO IPAD BASEBAND AND THEN AGAIN UPGRADED TO 4.3 USING SNOWBREEZE ACCORDING TO YOUR GUIDE THEN I USED IBOOTY THE SAME WAY YOU TOLD BUT STILL MY SIM IS NOT WORKING .PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Did you install Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 from Cydia to complete the unlock?

roni5 years, 5 months ago

i am not sure if you can help i updated my phone to 4.3.3, furthermore the baseband was 05.16.02 i was told i had to update it via redsnow c16 to make it to the ipad base… i did this and downloaded Ultrasn0w successfully however now i have no service at all for the sims which are meant to work and the original sim has service but no bars … any clue?

See this reply to your same question on a different post.

Tito5 years, 5 months ago

Did you turn off 3g data in settings and reboot your phone?

esjdude5 years, 7 months ago

Everyone listen. I have successfully jailbroken and unlock iPhone 3GS with 5.16.1/2 basband. all you have to do is downgrade to iOS 4.1 you will now notice you are in recovery mode after the restore. keep iPhone plugged in and then either reboot at this point or of that does not work. restore with iOS 4.2.1 which boots up the phone. then jailbreak with limera1n and you will successfully be jailbroken with unlock.

garry5 years, 7 months ago

can u explain this..step by step,,,???

savior 20065 years, 7 months ago

i followed the steps 1 by 1 and i now have o6.15 (before i haved 05.16.1) i used 4.2.1 ipsw amd i succesfully upgerades the bb, restored using snow breeze, and the iphone is now running on 4.2.1

the problem is i still have no service, and the iphone doesn’t ready any sim card
    !!!
    wt did i do wrong, and w can i do now,
    btw how can i get installous i forgot

Jay Jay5 years, 8 months ago

The dev team really needs to figure out an unlock for iPhone 3gs 5.16 baseband unlock so we don’t have to go through these troubles with putting in an iPad baseband. It’s not worth losing the gps. Everyone just be patient.. It will be here soon

Nah! You must upgrade to iPad baseband. Read the conclusion here http://bit.ly/hgfKdx

Jay Jay5 years, 7 months ago

Dang.. Your right. But after we do this process of upgrading to the iPad BB.. There is no gaurentee that you will get your gps back. What do you think wolverin?

You’ll get it back as soon as you’ll downgrade your baseband but there is no guarantee if MuscleNerd will sort out a downgrade method within next few months :S

j0shuar3y5 years, 8 months ago

i already follow all those steps and instructions but still it wont work..i downgrade but there was an error..what im gonna do?..plss help..

Maverick5 years, 8 months ago

See UPDATE#2 in above post, now you do not need to downgrade your firmware. Just use Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1.

Marcus5 years, 8 months ago

3GS JB baseband 05.16.02 I have no services – rebooted- reset nothing could get it going anyone suggestion?

Do you rely on unlock?

Marcus5 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for reply, NO phone I’d carrier unlocked

You are confusing yourself. Do you use official carrier SIM or not?

Marcus5 years, 8 months ago

Sorry for not being clear, I am able to use multiple sims cards without unlocking my iPhone.

Ok. This is very common mistake which people make while creating iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze tool. Just follow this guide and make sure to uncheck Activate the iPhone [Hacktivate] option in step 11. Restore the newly created IPSW using iTunes and activate your iPhone using iTunes.

marcus5 years, 8 months ago

Thank you, I was just on to that and it totally work, AWESOME!

Dan5 years, 8 months ago

it’s working. I updateted at 4.3.1 by mistake with baseband 05.16.02 and got stuck. Then I updated to ipad firmware with redsn0w, and then restore with a custom activated version 4.1 wich is working and then unlock with ultrasnow. so you don’t have to wait to unlock baseband 05.16.02. be cool

Few questions:
      1. You upgraded to iPad baseband using above method when you were on iOS 4.3.1?
      2. You upgraded to iPad baseband when you were on iOS 4.1?
      3. You unlocked iPad baseband on iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.1?
      4. Which firmware you are currently running?
      Can you provide me with your Setttings -> About (BB and Firmware) screenshot?

Dan5 years, 8 months ago

First I restore my Iphone 3GS and got 4.3.1 with baseband 05.16.02…bad luck Then I try to restore to my 4.1 Custom Activated and worked but with the same 05.16.02 baseband of course, and no unlock unfortunately. After that i restore to 4.2.1 stock (with the link provided by this site). i’m not sure that was a complete restore because i didn’t manage to got it out of the recovery mode(not even with RecBoot and Tinyumbrella) and then put it in dfu mode and execute Redsn0w 0.9.6b5. After that i try to create a custom 4.3 with Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 which was complete but not able to restore it (i believe was a 1600 error) and got back to my custom activated 4.1 which worked, and with baseband 06.15.00.
        Than just a simple formality with ultrasn0w (from Cydia) and you’re done.
        here’s the screenshot http://img39.imageshack.us/i/img0519dz.jpg/

It means i updated the post right! (After point no. 4) One must be running iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 in order to upgrade 05.16.01 or 05.16.02 baseband to iPad baseband. Redsn0w simply do not work for those who are running iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 on their iPhones.

Dan5 years, 8 months ago

Yes, i follow the instructions posted here and i manage to upgrade @ 06.15.00, otherwise my iphone would be just an ipod. Thanks a lot Wolverine!

Joppo5 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys,

Did you loose your GPS?

/Joppo

Yes you will loose GPS. I can confirm this.

iSteven5 years, 8 months ago

This is the way I did it, to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone 3GS.
    1. If on 4.2.1, jailbreak with GreenPois0n and go through all the steps needed to jailbreak and install cydia.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and the iOS 4.2.1 restore.
    3. Notice! Your phone should be on green poison jailbreak and you should see the skull sign when rebooting!
    4. Load redsnow and click “browse and the 4.2.1 restore.” let it load and then follow through.
    5. Check boxes
    A. Install cydia
    B. Install iPad baseband
    6. Follow through and then let everything load on your phone
    I DID THIS BECAUSE ALTHOUGH REDSNOW INSTALLED JAILBREAK USING LIMERAIN, THE GREEN POISON JAILBREAK OVERLAPS IT. SO ONCE YOUR BASEBAND IS FLASHED, THE IPHONE SHOULD BOOT UP WITH THE SKULL, 4.2.1 WITH 6.15.00 BASEBAND. Install the repo for ultrasnow and then your phone is done!!!!
    Worked on the iPhone 3GS’s that I fixed.
    If anyone has a solution for the 4.3 iOS and 5.16.01 unlock, please email me any solutions or tryouts.

Niblif5 years, 8 months ago

Hay,

Tried on both 4.2.1 and 4.1 to no avail. Freezes JB boot logo on Tethered Boot and still running 4.3 and baseband not what i want (both before and after first TB).

After freezing, ipod boots apple logo and still on 4.3 … :(
    ne1?

on Win 7 and tried on xP compatibility *

Jhey5 years, 8 months ago

Also for those who has firmware 4.3 (3GS), if you have saved your SHSH blobs, and have 4.2.1, please downgrade to 4.2.1 then after, jailbreak it using greenpois0n rc6, after jailbreaking, you can use redsn0w 0.9.6b5 to add cydia and you will get out of the Emergency Call Mode. Update cydia, then install iPad Baseband using redsn0w 0.9.6b5(using iOS stock 4.2.1 firmware) then voila! you’re in 6.15 baseband now. :) you can unlock your iPhone now and use any unofficial carrier around the globe. :)

PS: iOS 4.3 is not compatible with redsn0w when upgrading your baseband to 6.15.
    Tip: If you’re in iOS 4.3, downgrade to 4.2.1 and follow steps above :)

Jhey5 years, 8 months ago

Mr. Wolverine, everything’s fine now. Thanks for your help! :) It seems that 5.16 baseband iOS 4.2.1 can be patched by redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and it’s compatible, I can use my iPhone now, and I already unlocked it, I can send SMS and receive calls now. Thanks to you, Jaxov.com, iOS 4.3 seems to be not compatible with redsn0w iPAD baseband 6.15 :)

Marcel5 years, 8 months ago

If you have updated to 4.3 and your BaseBand ist 05.16.XX you can not update it to 06.15.00. You actually have to do this before you update to 4.3. If you update your BaseBand to 06.15.00 while you are still on 4.2.1 and afterwards you update to a Custom 4.3 Firmware with snowbreeze 2.3b4 than it works. I know coz i have tried both. This is what it’s like on 22.3.2011
    Lets hope there is a solution soon…

Thanks for the update. I have updated your method in the post.

Cassio5 years, 8 months ago

There’ll be a other path to follow in a near future?
    iPhone without GPS isn’t a iPhone…

Nops! There will be no unlock for 05.16.01 and 05.16.01 baseband EVER. MuscleNerd confirmed this!

salracing5 years, 8 months ago

Hi

I’ve tried several times to change baseband 05.16.01 to 06.15 but cannot … Please advice

Juan5 years, 8 months ago

I cant either ,please someone help us

See the update after point 4 in above post!

For solution, read Mr. Marcel comment below or read the update after point 4.

Dre5 years, 7 months ago

So I have iOS 4.3.1 5.16.01 and I still cant update the baseband, when I tried your solution to restore to 4.2.1 using tinyumbrella i get error 1015 :(

Use Recboot or TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop.

Tito5 years, 8 months ago

ok so i flashed the ipad baseband, but the baseband never upgrades, when i go to the about section, the baseband still reads 5.16.01! i tried this with both firmware, 4.1 and 4.2.1.

For solution, read Mr. Jhey & Marcel comment below or read the update after point 4.

Andreas5 years, 8 months ago

hello! i’ve got an iphone 3GS with new bootrom updated and jailbreaked to 4.3 and ipad baseband 06.15! applied the ultrasnow unlock but i get no service! do u have any suggestions?

Reboot your iPhone.

Tito5 years, 8 months ago

Did it work Andrea??? Get any signal?!?

monik3 years, 2 months ago