Tired of WinSCP's Connection refused and Timeout errors? Do not have WiFi router in your home? With this guide, you can SSH into your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad through a USB connection. All you need is a jailbroken iPhone and a USB cable. Unlike DiskAid and iPhone Explorer, you can run Terminal commands using PuTTY, explore iOS file-system and set file-permissions through WinSCP.
- Jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- OpenSSH installed through Cydia
- Afc2add installed through Cydia
- A USB cable
How to SSH into iPhone Through a USB Connection:
- Install OpenSSH and Afc2add through Cydia. Reboot your iDevice.
- Download i-FunBox for Windows from here.
- Launch i-FunBox.exe and choose USB Tunnel from the side-panel.
- Note down the IP address under PC Address heading and port number under iPhone Port.
- Download PuTTY for Windows from here. Enter the IP address as shown in the screenshot below and click on Open button:
- Enter root as username and alpine as password.
- To access file-system on your iDevice, download and install WinSCP from here. Open WinSCP and enter IP address shown by i-FunBox. Enter root as username and alpine as password.
- Click on the Login button to create a session.
Although i got a D-Link switch installed in my home but still i SSH into my iPhone using the above method because it bypass various WinSCP errors and above all its a faster way to SSH into your iDevice.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback