Just like iPhone Dev-Team's PwnageTool for Mac, Sn0wbreeze is a famous jailbreak tool for Windows users which can be used to create custom IPSW for your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. To create a custom IPSW, you need to provide Sn0wbreeze a stock IPSW which should be valid firmware file. If you provide corrupt or any other IPSW file which Sn0wbreeze do not support, it will throw Not a Valid IPSW error.
How to Fix Sn0wbreeze Not a Valid IPSW Error?
- Check if the current version of Sn0wbreeze support your iDevice or not? To confirm this, open iH8sn0w.com and find your iDevice name under Devices Supported section.
- If your iDevice is supported by current version of Sn0wbreeze tool, then either your IPSW is corrupt or you are providing the wrong IPSW. To confirm, make sure the IPSW file name starts with a prefix defined according to your iDevice's name and model in the list below:
- If you are sure that you are providing the correct firmware file and still Sn0wbreeze throws "Invalid IPSW" error then your IPSW must be corrupt. To confirm this, download Marxio File Checksum Verifier from here and check MD5 and SHA1 checksums of the downloaded IPSW.
- To find correct checksum values from which you can compare the checksums of the downloaded IPSW, use TheiPhoneWiki website.
- If the checksum values are different, then download the fresh IPSW for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad from this website or from iClarified.
AppleTV2,1 = Apple TV 2G
iPad1,1 = iPad (1G or first generation)
iPad2,1 = iPad 2
iPhone1,1 = iPhone (2G or first generation)
iPhone1,2 = iPhone 3G
iPhone2,1 = iPhone 3GS
iPhone3,1 = iPhone 4 GSM model
iPhone3,3 = iPhone 4 CDMA model
iPod1,1 = iPod touch (1G or first generation)
iPod2,1 = iPod touch 2G
iPod3,1 = iPod touch 3G
iPod4,1 = iPod touch 4G
Please do mention in comments if you have any other solution available to bypass this error!
- Fix iTunes Error 21 During Custom IPSW Restore [How-To Guide]
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad