Fix YouTube (Cannot Connect to YouTube) & Push Notifications on iOS 4.3 & iOS 4.3.1 [How-To Guide]

After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 with Sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool, your Push Notifications and YouTube app will not work. Opening YouTube app will throw "Cannot connect to YouTube" error while apps which support Push Notifications will display "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" error. To fix these errors, simply follow the step-by-step guide below to enable Push Notifications and fix YouTube app on your iDevice.

Update: SBingner has updated SAM to work with iOS 4.3 and iOS 4.3.1. Just download SAM from here and use this guide to officially activate your iPhone using SAM. This will automatically enable Push Notifications and fix YouTube error on your iDevice.

Fix Push Notifications on iOS 4.3 & iOS 4.3.1 Using Push Doctor:

Note: Installing Pushfix 2.0 from Pushfix repo didn't work for me so i installed Push Doctor from Insanely repo which worked flawlessly.

Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications

1. Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
  2. Tap on Manage tab at button followed by a tap on Sources section.
  3. Click on Edit button at the the top-right and then click on Add button on the top-left. Enter http://repo.insanelyi.com as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.

Insanelyi Repo

1. After adding Insanelyi, Go to Search tab at bottom and type Push Doctor in search field. Select Push Doctor and click on Install button on the top-right.

Push Doctor

1. After installing Push Doctor, download iPusher app from App Store and click on Test Push Notifications button.

Push Notifications Working

1. Thats it! Reboot your iPhone into tethered jailbroken state using iBooty and enjoy fully working Push Notifications.

Fix "Cannot Connect to YouTube" Issue on iOS 4.3 & iOS 4.3.1:

Note: After installing Push Doctor on iOS 4.3.1, my YouTube app and Push Notifications worked just fine but on iOS 4.3 YouTube app worked after installing YouTube Fix #1 through Pushfix repo.
YouTube Error

1. Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
  2. Tap on Manage tab at button followed by a tap on Sources section.
  3. Click on Edit button at the the top-right and then click on Add button on the top-left. Enter http://cydia.pushfix.info as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.

Pushfix Repo

1. Go to Search tab at bottom and type YouTube Fix in search field. Select YouTube Fix #1 and click on Install button on the top-right.

YouTube Fix

YouTube App Working

1. Reboot your iPhone once YouTube Fix #1 patch has been installed.

UPDATE#1: Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.x After Using SAM? [How To Fix]

Recommended Read:

asad4 years, 5 months ago

I Can connect to You tube but the only issue is that [ush notification doesnt work for Whts app …. PLease help

Serge4 years, 8 months ago

Thank-you. It worked for me. Phone 4s jailbreak 5.01

blaze5 years ago

this thing crashed my cydia!!! :S

Pramod5 years ago

Cydia freezes because it still thinks you’re installing software even after a force-quit/hard restart. Restart the phone and click on Cydia until it goes back to the homescreen. It usually works after the 5th or 6th restart. Also, PushDoctor does not have any certs as of today, so do not use it.

Jesz5 years ago

Same problem here! It crashes cydia, what should I do now? :( and it seem like the push don’t work

Dee5 years, 6 months ago

Does this work even if the iPhone has no carrier?

Yes, but i will commend you to use SAM instead.

Sn0wLe0pardZer05 years, 6 months ago

I tried everything, and my Push Notifications are still not working! :( I’m on a iPod Touch 4th Generation with iOS version 4.3.1, Jailbroken with RedSn0w 0.9.6rc12. Please help!

-Thanks!

Actually there was no need to install SAM or Push Doctor on iPod. iPod is never hacktivated, so Push Notifications should work without installing any of these tools. Just restore your iPod and jailbreak using Redsn0w. Reboot and then sync with iTunes. Push Notifications should work fine.

Chris5 years, 7 months ago

It actually worked. Ironically i was using an official carrier (AT&T) on my iPhone 3G[S] on iOS 4.3.1
    At first, it worked out of the box, but soon, began acting up, with this fix, it actually worked. I jailbroke using Sn0wbreeze btw

Stef Leonez5 years, 7 months ago

For those who are in the problem I mention above, I just solved after many tries. I installed Push Doctor, respring, reboot, reinstalled social apps, reboot. ITs WORKING!!! =D Thanks friends!

Seere Petrova5 years, 5 months ago

just a question, after restoring back up from itunes got wrecked so do you think i should start again i mean restore… then install push doctor without restoring backup

Stef Leonez5 years, 7 months ago

I also have a 3GS on 4.3.1 and I dont get any push. It is jailbroken by custom ipsw and unlocked by ultrasn0w.
    The ipsw came already activated but I installed SAM, and I got activation with SAM (showed wildcard). I tried many things, including push doctor, but nothing works!
    I have no message “conect to itunes to get pushs”
    it just do NOT works

Could you give me an option? THANKS!

Read step 15 here http://bit.ly/i7ceCI If the problem persists, go to SAM->Utilities->De-Activate iPhone->Restore Activation. It should solve all issues!

shad5 years, 7 months ago

i have tried both SAM and PushDoctor on my 3gs on 4.3.1 jailbroken by sn0wbreeze…. Nothing works for me…pls help

Can you explain what error you are getting while activating your iPhone using SAM?

hakan5 years, 7 months ago

Youtube problem is ok it works but push problem is still I have… what Ihave to do now? I do what you say…

pusat5 years, 8 months ago

Thnx mate.. worked gr8 on my 3gs 4.3.1… thnxx alot..

Jun5 years, 8 months ago

Worked for me. but word of advice to others. i had to reboot right after installing push doctor for youtube and push to work so try that then try the ipusher app

AngelCos5 years, 8 months ago