Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How-To Guide]

Here is a simple step-by-step guide which can help you to downgrade iOS 4.3.1 back to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 on your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad 2/1st-Gen. In order to downgrade firmware of your iDevice, all you need is SHSH blobs for the firmware to which you want to downgrade. Also note that, downgrading your iPhone firmware do not mean that you are also downgrading your baseband.

Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 Firmware Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

Prerequisites:

1. Download iTunes 10.2.1 from here
  2. Download iH8sn0w's iREB RC4 from here. This will help you to avoid 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 and 1015 iTunes errors. If you are on Mac, use this instead of iREB.
  3. Download stock IPSW of the firmware to which you want to downgrade. All those iPhone users with iPad baseband 06.15.00 can not restore stock IPSW on their iPhones due to baseband protection by Apple, so you have to create the custom IPSW of a firmware to which you want to downgrade using PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze tool.
  4. Download iOS 4.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1st-Gen & Apple TV 2G
    Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G & iPad
    Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G & iPod Touch 4G/3G/2G
    Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4/3GS/3G & iPod Touch 2G/3G
    Download iPhone OS 3.1.3 for iPhone 3GS/3G/2G
    Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS/3G/2G

5. Download TinyUmbrella for Windows or Mac from here

Step to Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0/3.1.3/3.1.2:

1. Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your PC or Mac via USB cable.
  2. Launch TinyUmbrella and wait while it detects your iDevice.
  3. Once your iDevice has been detected by TinyUmbrella, select it from the side-panel and hit the Save SHSH button. Now wait while TinyUmbrella saves your SHSH from Cydia server to your hard-disk drive locally. After saving all of your SHSH blobs to your PC or Mac, leave TinyUmbrella window open in background.
  4. TinyUmbrella Save SHSH Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

5. Launch iREB tool and select your iDevice from the displayed options. Make sure that iTunes is not running in background.
  6. iREB for iOS 3.x to 4 1 Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

7. Now use the following instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
    • Turn off your iPhone completely
    • Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iREB detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
  8. As soon as iREB will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will use Limera1n exploit to patch the iBoot of your iDevice.
  9. iREB for iOS 3.x to 4 2 Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

10. Once iREB has put your iDevice in Pwned DFU Mode, you are all set to restore your iDevice through iTunes without any error.
  11. iREB for iOS 3.x to 4 3 Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

12. Now switch back to TinyUmbrella window and click on Start TSS Server button. Under the LOG tab, if you see the following two lines in the end, it means that your TSS Server is successfully started.
  13. TSS Server Started!

TSS Accepting connections...

TinyUmbrella TSS Server Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

14. Launch iTunes 10.2.1
  15. Select your device name from the side-panel to view the summary page.
  16. iPhone Name in iTunes Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

17. Now you will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the SHIFT key (ALT key for Mac) and click on the Restore button.
  18. Select the IPSW you downloaded in step 3 and click Open to start the restore process.
  19. iOS 4.2.1 iTunes Restore Downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0 or iPhone OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 [How To Guide]

20. Now wait while iTunes restores the firmware on your iDevice. Do not do anything silly while iTunes is restoring your iDevice. Once restored, your iDevice will restart automatically.

Stuck in Recovery Mode After Downgrade?

If your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad gets stuck in recovery mode after firmware restore, you can try the following tools to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop:

Jailbreak Your iDevice After Downgrade:

Tips for Downgrading Your iDevice Firmware:

1. After step 8, open http://gs.apple.com/ in your default browser, it should redirect you to Cydia homepage.
  2. To use TinyUmbrella, you must install most updated version of JDK which you can get from here
  3. If for some reason TinyUmbrella is not working, just add the following line to your Windows or Mac HOSTS file. In this way, you can skip step 2, 3 & 8.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

4. If you do not see any SHSHs in TinyUmbrella after step 3, you are not eligible for downgrade. At this moment, downgrading your firmware without SHSH blobs is not possible.
  5. Click on the respective links to solve the following errors which you can encounter during the downgrade process:

You may also like to read:

Kevin2 years, 2 months ago

I got my iphone 3gs restoring, but very close to the end this error 1015 encountered…

bichu3 years, 2 months ago

i have an iphone 4, it was running ios 4.3.1 , it was unlocked using gevey sim, but resently i updated the ios to ios 5 . And from that moment i am not able to get my phones home screen, and showing the sim is invalid

You need to pop-in the legit carrier SIM of your iP4 & connect it to iTunes to get it officially activated. Also if you did not know, the Gevey doesn’t work anymore on the iOS 5.

tajinder3 years, 3 months ago

hi wolverine,
    i hav iphone4 running on 4.0.1 and bb 1.59.00. i was trying to update my iphone to custom ipsw 4.3.3 with snowbreeze . itune said restore successful but nw my phone is stuck in dfu mode and itune is saying that it is still in recovery mode. before updating my shsh were saved by tiny umbrella .but whn i start tiny umbrella it is showing shsh are saved for 4.3.5 . also i try tiny umbrella fix recovery but it is showing runtime error c++ library. plz help me i got my iphone as a gift frm my sister …….and i dnt want to throw it

You did not have any SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3 either by Cydia / TU. Hence all what you did right now was to force install iOS 4.3.3 w/o a valid SHSH due to which its now in a DFU loop. What you can do right now is to restore back to any other iOS version for which you may have an SHSH saved already by using its custom IPSW (to preserve your BB for an unlock). Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX. Make sure that you restore only to a custom IPSW & not a stock version if you want to keep it unlocked.

Tweetyy3 years, 4 months ago

Hey, Im having some trouble trying to get my phone to work again, I’ve used nearly everything and I’m stuck in DFU Mode (Home+Power doesn’t work) I had it working a couple days ago after I boot tethered my phone with Redsn0w, then It went back to DFU mode for some reason. I tried restoring to original and custom ipsw. But i still get a 1600 error, even when i’m using iReb, I know i’m now doing it wrong, it just doesn’t work. And sometimes when i’m restoring the Phone disconnects and doesn’t reconnect when it says Preparing for iPhone” please heap me :)

I’m lost here. You really need to fill me in with your iPhone Model/BB/iOS details.

Osama Dhaduk3 years, 5 months ago

I have really screwed up my ipone 3gs and i dont know what to do anymore. Can some one pls hep me… Basically i updated my phone to ios 4.3.3 and it was working fine but i couldnt unlock it because my bb had changed in the upgrade and ultrasow didnt support that bb, so i downgraded it using tinyumbrella but there was an error and now its stuck on recovery mode.

You cannot expect your BB to downgrade along with your iOS because its just not possible to downgrade it once updated. Now because you tried downgrading to a stock IPSW, you should have encountered the 1015 error and your iDevice is in the RecoveryLoop. The only way out is to update your iPhone to the stock iOS 4.3.3 back via iTunes, then upgrade your BB to an iPad’s BB to get it unlocked.

RuthMarie3 years, 6 months ago

Hi, Wolverine:

I have a question for you about downgrading. I like you instructions that are both about downgrading THEN jailbreaking, but my scenario is not exactly like the one you describe. I have an iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 OS, and I want to downgrade to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak.

Would I use the same instructions, or are they different for downgrading from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3.? Also, are the required programs different?

Pleae let me know… I need to j/b my iPhone tonight if possible.

Thanks,
    RM

As you are on iPad baseband (from the 4.2.1), so restoring stock IPSW of any firmware will result in infinite recovery loop. You can only restore custom IPSW of iOS 3.1.3. As you have iPhone 3G, so you do not need SHSH blobs to downgrade. So the solution is very simple:
      1. Download custom IPSW of iOS 3.1.3 from links below:
      Activated (Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3)
      Unactivated (Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3)
      2. Use iREB to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode (It will avoid all 16xx errors)
      3. Restore with iTunes
      Use this guide if you need anymore help or simply comment here :)

RUben3 years, 6 months ago

Now I can’t open Tiny Umbrella
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHH
    How to solve this?
    I’m so dead

Make sure you have latest version of JRE and JDK installed on your computer.

Mohamed3 years, 7 months ago

Hello, thanks for the great guide.. I really wanted to downgrade my iPod touch (4G) to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2.. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Nops. The max you can downgrade is iOS 4.1. iOS 3.1.3 and iOS 3.1.2 was never released for iPod Touch 4G.

Mohamed3 years, 7 months ago

Oh, I though since they release hacks to fool Apple and downgrade your iDevice, maybe the Dev-Team would mod the 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to work on an 4G.. Well, I think I’m gonna downgrade to 4.1, its obviously the best ios in the 4G since the 4.3 has some stability issues.. Anyways, Thanks for the help :)

Yeah, not only stability issues but it also provides less battery life :|

Jake3 years, 7 months ago

Thank you so much for this guide. I’m an app developer who can’t use the newest version of xcode because my mac won’t run it – and this is the only way I’m able to test my applications besides the iPhone Simulator.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

neil3 years, 7 months ago

I have an iphone 3Gs running 4.3.2 and baseband 05.16.02
    I used the redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc14 and the iphone2,1_4.3.2_8H7_restore to jailbreakk the phone, but for some reason I cannot unlock the phone from Cydia. I have the repo666, but it still says no service with the rogers sim card (Bell phone originally.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Re-jailbreak your iPhone using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 and check “Install iPad baseband” option. This will upgrade your baseband to 06.15.00 which is supported by Ultrasn0w 1.2.2. PS: You MAY lose your GPS functionality in this case!

MO3 years, 7 months ago

I am on the same page. phone 3Gs running 4.3.2 and baseband 05.16.02. I was able to jailbreak and install cydia. But unable to unlock using Ultrasnow 1.2.2.

Do I need to save anything before jailbreak again using redsnow ,upgrade to ipad baseband and then unlock using Ultrasnow??

No, you do not need to save anything. To be no the safe side, always create a full backup of your iPhone using iTunes. Yes you need to use Redsn0w to upgrade to iOS 4.3.2. I will still recommend you to upgrade to iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 http://bit.ly/iHqdFZ [Guide here http://bit.ly/lAi8at (Jailbreak and updates to iPad bb at the same time) and then use Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. Both Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 and iOS 4.3.2 is known to have some issues in unlocking iP3GS users with iPad bb.

Mark3 years, 7 months ago

hi, i have an iphone 3gs 32gb i bought outright from a rogers dealer in 2009 for rogers pay as u go. now i switched to telus w/a contract & free 3gs 8gb iphone. I want ot use my 32gb iphone with the telus sim, but it doesn’t work. i thought the rogers dealer unlocked it or it’s now locked via itunes over the time.
    so i would like to unlock it so i can use my 32gb 3gs on telus. the iphone is on 4.3 (8F190), and modem firmware 05.16.01

is this possible and without loosing my gps built in functionallity? i’ve alot of reading on various web sites & sites that sell software to do this but i can’t believe everything i read.

i don’t have any of the SHSH files for my phone for older os’s that have been on it.

thankyou for the help.

You MAY lose your GPS functionality *if* you will upgrade to iPad baseband. According to most of users running 05.16.01 and 05.16.02 baseband, there are NOT losing their GPS functionality for some reason. Here is a recent example http://bit.ly/luiUNx (See comment by John Brown) So its all upto you :) If you want to upgrade to iPad baseband, use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 http://bit.ly/f9BPDI to upgrade+jailbreak+unlock your iPhone on iOS 4.3.2 (iOS 4.3 is buggy n have battery drainage issues)

Ruben3 years, 7 months ago

Ahh! Click OK to close this message. Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and press the Restore button. Choose stock or custom IPSW you want to restore and leave the rest on iTunes :)

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

http://imgur.com right?

You have to provide me to the link of uploaded image. Imagur is a website which host millions of images.

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

OK. I have upload the screen shot
    That is the screen shot of what happened.
    I have followed your instructions, wait for iPod to reboot, and the result is this screenshot.

Where you have uploaded screenshot? Give me the link?

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

I’ll send you the screenshot
    What’s your e-mail?

nelly77au3 years, 8 months ago

I have an iPhone 3gs baseband 05.16.02 I have SHSH blobs saved for iphone3gs 4.1 (8B117) and iPhone3gs 4.3.1 (8G4) I also rely on unlock (the phone isnt activated at the moment) I have done all the steps and try to downgrade firmware in itunes and it comes back with this error: The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible. Please help

nelly77au3 years, 8 months ago

I am trying to downgrade with this ipsw iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restor.ipsw

I think there is letter “E” missing in your filename: iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_RestorE.ipsw
        Though the name of IPSW file should not matter but if you are still facing the issue, make sure your IPSW is not corrupted.

Filename: iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw
        SHA1: 2d1657cd33ae23b8d4e79e41fe758d09d3c52e30
        File Size: 401 MB

nelly77au3 years, 8 months ago

Sorry there is an e it is iPhone2,1_4.1_8B177_Restore.ipsw my silly typing mistake

Bernard3 years, 8 months ago

Hey there,

Bought an iphone 3gs off my friend, locked to a carrier running bb 5.16.02 and 4.3.1. I run tinyumbrella but it says Cydia no longer has the shsh blobs / ‘This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.’

Any alternatives/solutions?

There is no way to get SHSH blobs if you don’t have them on Cydia server.

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

OK, just wait

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

It’s not just an error. It’s a warning from iTunes said the iPod has no version

iPod has no version? :S Can you provide me with the screenshot of error? or atleast provide me with an error code?

Matthieu3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for this!
    I’m trying to apply it, but, restoring takes a really, really long time (30 minutes and less than 10% on my iphone!).
    I let this run, but I’m wondering if this is normal…

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

It’s iPod touch 3G
    I have followed the steps, but in the end, the iPod touch seems not have been downgrade.

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

It didn’t worked out!
    I tried to downgrade to 4.2.1, but it’s still no use. It’s just like an empty iPod

Tell me the complete error detail so that i can help you out. Also tell me your iPod model? [iPod Touch 2G MC, iPod Touch MB, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G?]

sagar3 years, 8 months ago

hello wolverine,
    dear i installed custom 4.3.1 using snowbreeze… and everything is working fine.. but push notifications are not working… and also find my phone not working..
    so i m confused that should i go back to stock 4.2.1 ( only 4.2.1 shsh bolbs saved) or is there any fix for push notifications( already tried push doctor but not working) ..
    NOTE : MY CURRENT BASEBAND IS 1.59 AND I SEVERELY RELY ON UNLOCK … I WANT TO PRESERVE 1.59 BASEBAND AT ANY COST
    PLZ HELP …

Yeah! Downgrade back to iOS 4.2.1. It should solve your every problem (Signal bars issue + Push Notifications + YouTube error)

Ruben3 years, 8 months ago

Could you please help me
    I’m trying to get my iPod touch 3G version 4.3.1 to 3.1.2
    I have followed your step, but it fails. The iPod had no version
    Please, I’m begging you

If you help me, I’m so give you full of thanks

Have you got iPhone OS 3.1.2 SHSH blobs?

Fefe3 years, 8 months ago

i tried both . still not working . :( . tinyumbrella when i connect the ipod . nothing happen . when i go to log it just says DFU device is connected . but the button to exit recovery cant be click . and my ipod wont show up at the left side .

You have to click Fix Recovery button, not Exit Recovery button.

Fefe3 years, 8 months ago

ok . it become blank white screen . then greenpoison thingy come out . it says unable to find gBdevList unable to find fs_mount and unmount . and unable to find fs_load_file .. then Greenpoison initialized ? .

This wont work because you have iOS 4.3.1 and Notcom will release “Fix Recovery” for iOS 4.3.1 in next couple of days! The only solution is to restore a stock iOS 4.3.1 IPSW.

fefe3 years, 8 months ago

i downgrade my ipod touch 4th gen from 4.3.1 to 4.1.. it stuck at recovery mode . how to fix it ? .i tried with tinyumbrella . it says the device is not connected .. how to fix ?! .. help :(

Make sure your iPod is connected to your PC in recovery mode. On the side-panel of TinyUmbrella, you can see it under Recovery Devices. Right click on it and choose Kick out of Recovery option.

FeFe3 years, 8 months ago

i connect my ipod alrady .. but still it says the device is not connected . my ipod cant turn on somemore .

Hold down Home+Power button (while iPod is connected to PC) until it kicks itself out of DFU mode.

Fefe3 years, 8 months ago

i connect to pc . it says itunes has detect an ipod in recovery mode . then i press Home+Power button like u said . it disconnect and reconnect again and it says itunes has detect an ipod in recovery mode . still not working ?

It is time to use TinyUmbrella or Recboot.

Ali3 years, 8 months ago

Very helpful
    thanks

Mason3 years, 8 months ago

Hi. At step 7 when I switched back to TinyUmberlla, it doesn’t allow me to click on TTS server button. What should I do then?

As I know that TinyUmbrella did save SHSH on my computer. However I can’t use TTS to restore. The button is faded.

Mason3 years, 8 months ago

Oh sorry, I figured out the reason. it’s caused by Kaspersky Antivirus that may not allow me to use TinyUmbrella functionally.

Andreyinho3 years, 8 months ago

At this “Now switch back to TinyUmbrella window and click on Start TSS Server button. Under the LOG tab, if you see the following two lines in the end, it means that your TSS Server is successfully started.” and step nr. 8, doesn’t appear my iPhone, like you in photo

What error you are seeing in TinyUmbrella log? Also tell me do you see iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs as shown in the TinyUmbrella’s screenshot in step 3? It will be better if you hit the Save SHSH button and when the process completes, upload me a screenshot of TinyUmbrella.

Andreyinho3 years, 8 months ago

When i press shift+restore and add 3.1.3 version an error has occured with something 3139 error.why?

There is no iTunes error which 3194 error code. You probably mean error 3194 which means your SHSH blobs are not saved. Read more here http://bit.ly/elbsND

Andreyinho3 years, 8 months ago

Hy, I have iPhone,version 4.3.1 and i hav been stucked in iREB tool. When i do there 3 steps under iREB tool photo, TinyUmbrella doesn’t detect my iPhone. Please help. 10x

Yeah, when your iPhone is in DFU mode, TinyUmbrella will not detect it. Just make sure TSS Server is running to provide your SHSH blobs to iTunes. Once TinyUmbrella has saved your SHSH blobs locally and TSS Server is running fine, all TinyUmbrella have to do is to provide your SHSHs to iTunes. So do not worry, just restore using iTunes.

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

I already did those instruction but there was an error when i restore my iphone on the itunes to downgrade it..

I think when i used the ireb..it requires to turn off the iphone and so i turn it off and then the tiny umbrella said that there was no iphone connected..

What is your current baseband? Also are you trying to restore stock or custom IPSW?

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

My current baseband is 05.16.02..what do u mean restore stock?

Yeah, when your iPhone is in DFU mode, TinyUmbrella will not detect it. Just make sure TSS Server is running to provide your SHSH blobs to iTunes. Once TinyUmbrella has saved your SHSH blobs locally and TSS Server is running fine, all TinyUmbrella have to do is to provide your SHSHs to iTunes. It do not need your iPhone to be connected to get SHSH blobs once they are saved locally. So do not worry, just restore using iTunes.

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

thats what i did..like what i said,error 1015..after it it was on recovery mode..i used the tinyumbrella fixer..and again,it wont work..

MisterQuarter http://bit.ly/e5I1kD had a same problem like urz and he solved it by jailbreaking with Redsn0w. I won’t recommend you to go for it. Tell me that you used TinyUmbrella fixer (DOS version)?

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

i mean it is on DFU mode.. Cant turn it on..

You can (alteast) turn it on by disconnecting it with PC and and then pressing the Home+Power button until Apple or recovery logo appears on your screen.

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

it was on DFU mode bit cant turn it on using hone+power button..

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

this is the tiny umbrella fixer i used: http://bit.ly/epkz3f

Ok. Cosare, just download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 and follow this guide http://bit.ly/f5RE42 (Do not forget to skip step 3 and 4 as you are already on iOS 4.3.1 with your baseband preserved.

Probably your battery is down. Connect it with your PC and KEEP pressing the Home+Power button until Apple or recovery logo appears!

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

I finally change the baseband of my iphone to ipad baseband..thnx for the help..thank u so much..^^

ting yu3 years, 8 months ago

after i restore to the firmware that i want which is 3.1.3 it said the firmware is not compatible now my firmware is 4.3.1 what should i do i want to downgrade back to 3.1.3 please help appreciated thanks.

Tell me your iDevice name and model? So that i may provide you with appropriate stock IPSW!

Danny3 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys,

HELP! I had an unlocked 3Gs, but my little brother ‘accidentally’ (??) hit the software update-button in iTunes. And now it’s all locked and it just says: ‘insert SIM to activate’.

I’m a complete ‘no-know’ when it comes to these kinds of things, so is anyone able to explain me (in the language of a three-year-old) how to get it going again? Did I mention that I neither have an old back-up….?

So 4.3.1 (8G4) is now installed on there. It’s a baseband 05.16.02. But my GPS is holy! I do not want to lose that at any cost.

I think I had 4.0.1 or 4.1 running on it earlier. And I was just fine with that. I don’t know what the difference is with the other iOSs anyway. (Yes. A no-know…) I don’t care anymore that I lost all of my data either. I just what my phone back.

I googled my ass off. But the more I read, the less I understand of this whole unlocking-thing. So again: I’d me really, realy gratefull (and a whole lot less desperate) if you lot could give me a push into the right direction.

I’m on Windows now, b.t.w. Bu what I do came across whilst googling, is that it seems a whole lot easier on a Mac with Pwnagetool. Is that true? Because I could get hold of a Mac. Downside would be: that’ll cost me an extra with no phone…

Anyhoo, thanks so much for helping me out!

@Danny: As your iPhone is running stock iOS 4.3.1 and your baseband has been already upgraded, just use this guide http://bit.ly/f5RE42 (Skip step 3 and 4) to hacktivate and jailbreak your iPhone. So what about unlock? You got 05.16.02 bb which means you can only unlock it by upgrading to iPad baseband and YES, there are CHANCES that you will loose your GPS. To do that, download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here http://bit.ly/hce8l8 and use this guide http://bit.ly/ieiJis to upgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband to iPad baseband. If you have any question related to Redsn0w, post a comment in Redsn0w link and if you have question related to Sn0wbreeze, post a question in Sn0wbreeze link. I reply to each and every question which people ask on my blog.

Jay-r3 years, 8 months ago

I keep getting error 1015. I’m doing exacktly as your instructions. I have iphone 3gs with baseband 5.16.02. Have iOS 4.3.1.It was downgrading half but then Im getting that error 1015 in the middle of the process. Now i have to upgrade back to 4.3.1 again to be able to use it again and jaibreak with redsn0w. I just wanted to downgrade to 06.15.00 so i will be able to unlock it with ultrasn0w

1015 error means your iPhone has been restored successfully but now it is stucked in recovery mode. Recboot and TinyUmbrella can easily kick those iDevices out of recovery!

Jay-r3 years, 8 months ago

Ok but I updated again to 4.3.1 and jailbroke with redsn0w and got ipad bundle so now i also have 06.15.00 BB. But after I installed ultrasn0w and ultrasn0w fixer I still have no network.. :/ Thanx

Have you tried the Ultrasn0w Fixer by DjayB6?

Jay-r3 years, 8 months ago

Yes finally its working!!! Thanx!! XD

cosare3 years, 8 months ago

I am wondering when 1015 appear i dont know how to reboot it..plss help

Maverick3 years, 8 months ago

Error 1015 means your restore is complete and you just need to kick it out of recovery mod by using RecBoot or TinyUmbrella. Read the above post carefully, i have mentioned the download links to Recboot and TinyUmbrella in the end.

Adam3 years, 8 months ago

I have not been able to get this method to work as well for my 3GS device. It gets near the end and then gives me a 1015 error. If I try to attempt the restore immediately again, it gives me a 1600 error.

Adam, what is your current baseband? If you have iPad baseband then you cannot restore stock IPSWs. 2ndly everytime you want to restore, you must use iREB to bypass all 1600 errors. Error 1015 means your restore is complete and you must kick your iPhone out of recovery mode using Recboot which you can find here.

Ayeman3 years, 8 months ago

I did as instructed up there… Now my itouch is stuck in this black screen, nothign happens i have tried everything.. PLEASSEEEE HEELLPP MEEE !!!!!!

Please provide me with the following information:
      iPhone / iPod Touch model? Current firmware and to which firmware you want to downgrade? Do you have SHSH blobs for the firmware to which you want to downgrade?

Nikole3 years, 8 months ago

I tried to do these steps and once I got to the itunes restore part everything seemed to be working fine til I got a message saying that it didn’t work and now my iPhone won’t turn on at all…

Tell me the error code you are getting?

Nikole3 years, 8 months ago

Of course I exited out of it and now I forget what it said. I tried every recovery link you have on here and none worked so I’m trying to just regular restore it with itunes to the latest upgrade to see if it will at least turn on after wards. I think I’m just going to get one of my friends that has more experience with this to do it for me because I am a nervous wreck thinking I’m going to break the phone forever.. lol.

You can never ever brick your iPhone EVER until there is a hardware fault. Keep my words in ur bank :)

Dirky3 years, 8 months ago

Hey,

I’ve been having a lot of trouble downgrading my BB. I’ll getting the 1600 etc errors despite using iReb. I’m on BB 05.16.02 and iOS 4.3.1 using an iPhone 3GS, any help or advice would be appreciated!

You are not using iREB correctly. Also 1600 error have nothing to do with baseband. Use this guide and then this guide if you are restoring custom IPSW.

cristi3 years, 8 months ago

That means that if i downgrade from 4.2.10 with firmware 3.10… to ios 4.1. or 4.0 i can do unlock on 4.1 or 4.0 with that firmware??

Downgrading firmware never downgrades your baseband version.

cristi3 years, 8 months ago

so with 3.10 no hope so far regarding unlock?

There is hope. Dev-Team is working on NCK unlock, stay tuned!

crypple3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for the writeup. I was really hopeful that this would work after getting given an updated (4.3.1) handset by apple after the last one had a hardware failure. I’ve tried this half a dozen times and every time I get stuck with either a 1013 error or a simple “this iphone is not eligible” message. At this point the phone is just stuck in recovery mode and trying to bounce it out with TinyUmbrella results in a startup of Greenpoison for some inexplicable reason. I can’t figure out what’s wrong here but I’m at my wits end with it. Guess I’ll just wait until an untethered JB is released for 4.3.1, good thing is that iTunes will allow a fresh install of 4.3.1 so it’s not bricked.

INFO
    MAC OSX
    Iphone 4 running (regrettably) 4.3.1
    BB – 04.10.01
    TinyUmbrella – Blobs saved for 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.1, 4.3, server running as specified

This might help you to fix iTunes error 1013

crypple3 years, 8 months ago

G’day Wolverine. I did try to jailbreak after the error 1013 and I tried a few variations with the hosts file with no luck.

I think though that I was doomed from the start. I’d assumed that the blobs saved by cydia and TinyUmbrella were OS specific, not OS AND phone specific. I’ve since read that they are unique. I have the SHSH saved for an ip4 running 4.2.1 but since I was forced to change the actual phone out due to hardware failure I believe now that I cannot use the SHSH and that attempts to downgrade are futile.

If you know of a workaround, I’m all ears! Otherwise I’ll have to wait for an untethered 4.3.1 unlock

Do this if you have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs saved for your iPhone 4:
          1. Remove all data from HOSTS file (Should be blank). Restart your PC.
          2. Download TinyUmbrella.
          3. Connect your iDevice to PC via USB cable and let TinyUmbrella detect it.
          4. Click on Save SHSH button. You should see iOS 4.2.1 SHSH at this step.
          5. Click on Start TSS Server.
          6. Restore stock iOS 4.2.1 IPSW (If you do not rely on unlock)
          OR
          6. Restore custom IPSW of iOS 4.2.1 but use iREB before restoring.
          7. Comment and tell me what happened :D

crypple3 years, 8 months ago

I’ll give it a shot and report back to you, but I wanted to confirm that you understood my SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.1 are from a different iphone 4 then the one I currently want to downgrade from 4.3.1?

Also, I’m on a mac, so I’m using your excellent guide on how to use Redsnow as an alternative (although fir this experiment it seems I wont need it)

Nooooooo! (Lol) Em sorry for that. You can not use someone else’s SHSH blobs. Every iDevice has unique ECID and SHSH blobs are signed using that ECID which makes them unique as well.

crypple3 years, 8 months ago

Haha (NOOOOOOO). Thanks for the reply Wolverine. I thought as much as my efforts yesterday went completely unrewarded. Yes, it seems I’m waiting for the 4.3.1 jailbreak. Thanks for all of your help!

xXKusashiXx3 years, 8 months ago

I had it stuck on restore mode but i used my mac and i did alt restore and selected the 4.2.1 firmware and it worked. thx a lot :D