Ever thought of saving your Cydia apps to your PC or Mac? Most of you already know that Cydia apps comes in DEB (Debian Package) files and after installing the DEB file, Cydia automatically deletes it. This guide will teach you how to save DEB files to your PC or Mac before Cydia may delete them on the next reload. In this way, you can backup your installed Cydia apps so that you may re-install them in one go after a fresh firmware restore.
*Only for those who prefer to SSH instead of using DiskAid or iPhone Explorer.
- Jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Install afc2add from Cydia.
- *Install OpenSSH from Cydia [WinSCP and CyberDuck]
Steps to Save DEB From Cydia to Your PC or Mac OS X:
- Download iPhone Explorer from here
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your PC or Mac and wait while iPhone Explorer detects your iDevice.
- Navigate to the following location using iPhone Explorer
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice
- Search, download and install any Cydia app but DO NOT CLOSE CYDIA once installation is complete.
- Click on the green refresh button in iPhone Explorer and you will see the downloaded DEB in Archives directory.
- Drag or copy the DEB file on your desktop.
- You can close Cydia app now. Next time when you will launch Cydia app, Cydia will delete the DEB from the Archives directory automatically.
- To install all DEBs you have saved on your PC or Mac, just browse to the following location and place all DEB files in AutoInstall directory.
- Do not forget to reboot your iDevice after placing the DEBs in AutoInstall directory.
NOTE: I discovered this method last night, so i have tested it only on my iPhone 4. I am sure it will work on all other jailbroken iDevices as well. If it do not work for your iDevice due to some reason, please list your problem and device name in the comments below.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback