Boot Your iOS 4.3 Tethered iDevice Using iBooty 2.0 [How-To Guide]

After restoring iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on your iDevice, your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will restart automatically but it will stuck on Apple logo screen with a small circle on it. To boot your tethered iDevice successfully after iOS 4.3 custom IPSW restore, you need to use iBooty. This guide will help you to boot your tethered iDevice on iOS 4.3 into jailbroken state using iBooty 2.0.

iBooty 2.0 Main
Note: iBooty 2.0 is different for every iDevice. When your create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW, Sn0wbreeze create an iBooty folder on your desktop along with the custom IPSW. You can find iBooty.exe and files folder in that directory.

Steps to Boot in to Tethered Jailbroken State Using iBooty 2.0:

1. Download iBooty 2.0 for your iDevice and iTunes 10.2.1 from the links below.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your PC via USB cable
  3. Launch iBooty 2.0 and select your iDevice from the drop-down list.
  4. iBooty 2.0 (iDevice Selected)

5. Click Start button and prepare to press Home and Power button simultaneously.
  6. iBooty 2.0

7. Press the Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
  8. iBooty 2.0

9. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iBooty detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
  10. iBooty 2.0

11. Now wait will iBooty puts your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state. Whole process only take 10 to 15 seconds max.
  12. iBooty 2.0 4
    iBooty 2.0 5
    iBooty 2.0 6
    iBooty 2.0 8

13. Once done, your iDevice will reboot automatically.
  14. iBooty 2.0 Done

Update#1: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Windows to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#2: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Mac to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#3: iBooty 2.0.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Issue
Update#4: Download iBooty 2.1 to Fix Waiting for iBSS Issue on iPod Touch 4G/3G
Update#5: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b3 to Fix iPod Touch 4G iBooty Issues
Update#6: Download iBooty 2.2 to Boot iOS 4.3 iDevice into Tethered Mode

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPhone 4 [Includes: ibss.4.dfu & ibss.4.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPhone 3GS [Includes: ibss.3gs.dfu & ibss.3gs.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPod Touch 4G [Includes: ibss.ipt4.dfu & ibss.ipt4.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPod Touch 3G [Includes: ibss.ipt3.dfu & ibss.ipt3.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPad [Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 was not recognizing iOS 4.3 IPSW for iPad] :(

Dwaitie4 years, 10 months ago

iphone 4 here. did evrything untill it wants to reboot automatically and it ends up in recovery mode instead of automatically restarting in jailbreak mode :S any help?

alisha5 years, 5 months ago

okay i’ve used sn0wbreeze, tinyumberella, redsn0w and a bunch of other porgrams to try to fix my phone. at first i was trying to get the firmware from 5.16 to 6.15 so i could unlock it for tmobile. i still dont know if that worked because my phone went into recovery mode a la black screen. redsn0w turns its on briefly with a little pineapple, but then it goes into recovery again and itunes has given me so many excuses why it can be recovered. now im trying to use ibooty, but its reading my phone as an itouch 3g. :(

Redsn0w will not work for you since your FW is still corrupted. I’ll need you to tell me the iTunes error codes that you have encountered in order to have a clear understanding & your iPhone model/iOS/BB versions as well to which your trying to get to.

KONG5 years, 8 months ago

hi, i have ipod touch 4 4.1 try to jailbreak and after it finish reboot can’t find limera1n logo anywhere on the spring board. try to reboot many times,but still no luck. did i missing a step. please help me.thank you

ibn5 years, 8 months ago

Were to dowload at

Save and exact the ZIP on your desktop.

Wozak bartozik5 years, 8 months ago

Super! It now requires a Windows-based PC just to boot an iPod! I am running Linux 90% of the time and having to reboot under Windows to use iTunes occasionnally already disturbs me. Now, if I want to upgrade to iOS 4.3, I would have to use Windows all the times just to boot that iCrap? So it’s worthless to keep Linux in that case. That’s so frustrating that I am thinking about throwing away both my computer and the iCrap. Superb technological regression, for 2011, MANY THANKS!

Nops! Wait for untethered jailbreak.
      PS: Linux guys usually prefer Android :P

Tom3 years, 10 months ago

Wozak. I completely understand. I have been an Ubuntu Linux user since 8.04lts & MacOS 8.6-. The tethered boot for iOS 6.0.1 via iBooty is a hassle. Fyi, I use an Intel Centrino 1.5 Acer. Thus, MacOS X & Ubuntu 10.04 dual-boot is not an option. I tried VirtualBox with WIndows XP SP3 & Windows 7 Home Premium. My machine was soooo slooooww & froze constantly. Thus, like you I have to dual-boot. Now I remember why I stuck to MacOS  X & Ubuntu 10.04. Windows 7 GUI & certain features are nice, but not very user friendly. Both Ubuntu 10.04 & MacOS X are quicker & extremely user friendly. Also, Wine is not an option. They are running Windows 2000 Pro? iTunes does not run. Hang in there.Side note, I would have gone Android. However, iPhone 3, 3gs & 4 were all handed down to me from family. I am not a fan of iTunes control over iDevices, but passing up a free smart phone, that is simply not my style.

Kenny5 years, 8 months ago

how come i am stuck on the Waiting for iBSS?

BenPJohn5 years, 8 months ago

Press the Power button for 2-3 seconds when iBooty get stuck at Waiting for iBSS step. Worked for me!

Kenny5 years, 8 months ago

doesnt work for me. any other methods that i can try?

iH8sn0w has released iBooty 2.0.1. It fixes Waiting for iBSS issue. Give it a try.

sena265 years, 8 months ago

It still does not work ! I used 2.0.1 but still stuck at there.