After restoring iOS 4.3 custom IPSW on your iDevice, your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will restart automatically but it will stuck on Apple logo screen with a small circle on it. To boot your tethered iDevice successfully after iOS 4.3 custom IPSW restore, you need to use iBooty. This guide will help you to boot your tethered iDevice on iOS 4.3 into jailbroken state using iBooty 2.0.
Note: iBooty 2.0 is different for every iDevice. When your create iOS 4.3 custom IPSW, Sn0wbreeze create an iBooty folder on your desktop along with the custom IPSW. You can find iBooty.exe and files folder in that directory.
Steps to Boot in to Tethered Jailbroken State Using iBooty 2.0:
- Download iBooty 2.0 for your iDevice and iTunes 10.2.1 from the links below.
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your PC via USB cable
- Launch iBooty 2.0 and select your iDevice from the drop-down list.
- Click Start button and prepare to press Home and Power button simultaneously.
- Press the Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iBooty detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
- Now wait will iBooty puts your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state. Whole process only take 10 to 15 seconds max.
- Once done, your iDevice will reboot automatically.
Update#1: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Windows to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#2: Use TetheredBoot Utility for Mac to Boot into Tethered Mode [How-To Guide]
Update#3: iBooty 2.0.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Issue
Update#4: Download iBooty 2.1 to Fix Waiting for iBSS Issue on iPod Touch 4G/3G
Update#5: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b3 to Fix iPod Touch 4G iBooty Issues
Update#6: Download iBooty 2.2 to Boot iOS 4.3 iDevice into Tethered Mode
Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPhone 4 [Includes: ibss.4.dfu & ibss.4.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPhone 3GS [Includes: ibss.3gs.dfu & ibss.3gs.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPod Touch 4G [Includes: ibss.ipt4.dfu & ibss.ipt4.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPod Touch 3G [Includes: ibss.ipt3.dfu & ibss.ipt3.payload]
Download iBooty 2.0 for iPad [Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 was not recognizing iOS 4.3 IPSW for iPad] :(