After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 4.3.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1, you must boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state using iH8sn0w's (@iH8sn0w) iBooty tool. iBooty uses iTunnel to upload pwned 3.1.2 iBoot, iBEC and Kernelcache file which allows all new bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) iDevices to boot into tethered mode.
The files (.DFU & .Payload) used by iBooty are unique for every iDevice. When you create iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW, Sn0wbreeze places iBooty and required files on your desktop along with CFW. If iBooty.exe fails to detect your iDevice, then it means iBooty is unable to find or access the respective (.DFU & .Payload) files for your iDevice.
Steps to Boot iDevice on iOS 4.3.1 into Tethered Mode Using iBooty:
- Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch iBooty.exe and select your iDevice from the drop-down list.
- Click on Start button and use the following instructions to put your iDevice in DFU mode:
- Prepare to press Home and Power button on your iDevice.
- Press Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iBooty detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
Although Sn0wbreeze creates iBooty folder on your desktop along with custom IPSW but if for some reason you are unable to find iBooty folder on your desktop, use the download links below.