Good news for those who rely on unlocked iPhone. SAM which was previously broken on iOS 4.3 and iOS 4.3.1 has been fixed by SBingner (@SBingner) and now it do not throw Stockification Failure error when you try to revert the lockdown to stock. What SAM do is that it tricks iTunes to generate legitimate activation packets to activate your iPhone without official carrier SIM. Having official activation not only improves battery life but also provide you with fully working Push Notifications on your iPhone jailbroken on iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1.
Steps to Activate Your iPhone on iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 Using SAM:
To activate your iPhone 4/3GS jailbroken on iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 using SAM, just follow the simple step-by-step guide:
- Install SAM on your jailbroken iPhone using step-by-step guide here.
- Disconnect your iPhone from PC or Mac (If connected via USB cable)
- Open SAM app from your Springboard or choose SAM by navigating to Settings » SAM
- Tap on the Utilities menu and then tap on Revert Lockdown to Stock button. You will see Stockification Success message. If you see Stockification Failure message then it means you have not installed correct version of SAM on your iPhone.
- Now tap on SAM button on the top-left to go back to the main menu.
- Thats it. Plug your iPhone to your PC or Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes. You will see the following screen in iTunes:
- Wait while iTunes generate legitimate activation packets for your iPhone. Once done, you are all set to sync and backup your iPhone.
- After syncing and backing up your iPhone, iTunes will throw error 1631. Just ignore this message.
- Open SAM app on your iPhone and click on the More Information menu.
- If you see ActivationState as WildcardActivated, thats it! Your done!
- Download iPusher app from App Store and check if your Push Notifications are working fine or not.
- Open YouTube app on your iPhone. It should run normally without throwing "Cannot connect to YouTube" error
I have tested the above method on my iPhone 4 jailbroken on iOS 4.3 and iOS 4.3.1. If you feel any kind of difficulty in activating your iPhone through SAM, just ask in the comments section below.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback