Restoring iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW without pwning your iBoot will always result in 1600, 1601 or 1604 error. To restore custom IPSW made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze, you must use iH8sn0w's iREB tool to patch the iBoot of your iDevice with Limera1n exploit. Once your iBoot has been patched, you will not get any of the 16xx error as your iBoot will be unable to differentiate between stock or custom IPSW ;)
Steps to Put iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in Pwned DFU Mode using iREB:
- Download iREB R4 for Windows from here | Mac OS X
- Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
- Close all instances of iTunes.
- Launch iREB and select your iDevice name from the displayed options. In this case, i will be selecting iPhone 4 as i want to restore iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW on my iPhone 4.
- Now use the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
- Prepare to press the Home+Power button.
- Hold down the Home+Power button exactly for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding Home button until iREB detects your iPhone in DFU mode.
Thats it! Select the custom IPSW file and restore it through iTunes. To do that, open iTunes and select your iDevice name from the side-panel. Under summary page, you will see two buttons i-e Update & Restore. Press SHIFT+Restore button and browse to custom IPSW you want to restore. Hopefully this time you will not get any of 16xx iTunes error.
You may also like to read:
- Download RecBoot to Fix iTunes 1015 Restore Error
- Download RecBoot v1.3 for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad