Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore

Restoring iOS 4.3 or iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW without pwning your iBoot will always result in 1600, 1601 or 1604 error. To restore custom IPSW made with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze, you must use iH8sn0w's iREB tool to patch the iBoot of your iDevice with Limera1n exploit. Once your iBoot has been patched, you will not get any of the 16xx error as your iBoot will be unable to differentiate between stock or custom IPSW ;)

Steps to Put iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in Pwned DFU Mode using iREB:

1. Download iREB R4 for Windows from here | Mac OS X
  2. Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
  3. Close all instances of iTunes.
  4. Launch iREB and select your iDevice name from the displayed options. In this case, i will be selecting iPhone 4 as i want to restore iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW on my iPhone 4.
  5. iREB Main Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore

6. Now use the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
    • Prepare to press the Home+Power button.
    • Hold down the Home+Power button exactly for 10 seconds.
    • After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding Home button until iREB detects your iPhone in DFU mode.

iREB Prepare to Press Home+Power Button Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore
    iREB Power+Home Button for 10 Seconds Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore
    iREB Home Button for Another 30 Seconds Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore

7. As soon as iREB will detect your iPhone in DFU mode, it will patch the iBoot using Limera1n exploit.
  8. iREB Exploiting with Limera1n Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore

9. Once done, you will see the confirmation message stating that "Your device is now in Pwned DFU state"
  10. iREB iBoot Pwned Fix iTunes 1600, 1601 & 1604 Error During iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 Custom IPSW Restore

Thats it! Select the custom IPSW file and restore it through iTunes. To do that, open iTunes and select your iDevice name from the side-panel. Under summary page, you will see two buttons i-e Update & Restore. Press SHIFT+Restore button and browse to custom IPSW you want to restore. Hopefully this time you will not get any of 16xx iTunes error.

UPDATE#1: Download iREB R4 for iOS 4.3.2 to Fix iTunes 1600, 1601, 1602 & 1604 Error
UPDATE#2: Download iREB R4 for iOS 4.3.3 to Fix iTunes 1600, 1601, 1602 & 1604 Error

You may also like to read:

ads1 year, 2 months ago

it goes dfu bt again that usb and itunes pops up..

Tyler1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,I have a rockyroad jailbroken ipod, 5.1.1, and i installed resupported, which then put me into an infinite loop.I then promptly tried to restore my ipod with itunes……if it were only that easyThen i tried the dfu helper, because i couldn’t get the dfu mode to work,but then it gave me message 1602, then i altered the host file by adding this 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.combut then it still wouldnt let me restoreso my question is, do i need a cutom os to shift+restore on itunes?thanks in advance

jeanniton2 years, 5 months ago

Hi Jaxov , it’s been a while , actually I’m have a big problem with my iPhone 4 , last time I get this kind of problem with me ipod 4th you were the onl one who could really help me , so I think you’ll be able to help me now . so while I was trying to restore my iphone to 4.3.2 , I keep getting error 16xx, therefore I followed your instruction , which was “USE iREB r4″ I used it it and it’s worked fine , but when the iphone comes to the last step of restoring ( the process bar is like 75% load ) I keep getting the same error 1013, and next the iphone go in DFU byitself , until you launch a jailbreak or restore process , the iphone will not get from DFU mode . so I want to know what exactly I supposed to do for resolving that problem . thx waiting for reply …..

The reason for your DFU loop is because you did not have / use a valid SHSH for iOS 4.3.2 to restore your device with. Its all explained here http://bit.ly/oKCpYX.

feldmann2 years, 7 months ago

Hi there,

I am trying to restore my custom firmware which should be the final step of jailbreaking and to my surprise, when it seemed to finish restoring, the device is still in DFU mode and same instruction appeared on iTunes which asking me to restore the device. Any idea of why this happened?

I’m jailbreaking my iphone 3GS using snowbreeze. firmware is 4.3.3 (downgrading from 4.3.5)

W/o any valid SHSH for 4.3.3, you cannot expect your restore to go through just by using TU to force it onto your iPhone as a result of which your device is now in a DFU mode. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX to better understand why an SHSH is necessary for every restore you perform.

ELM2 years, 7 months ago

I successfully saved the SHSS blob for my iphone 4 4.3.2 you said after i do this to go head and jailbreak it using Redsn0w0.9.8b7 , why can’t I just jailbreak via WI-FI since is available? Thank you Pramod for responding to my questions.

If JailbreakMe3 is what you suggest by jailbreak via Wi-FI, yes you can very well go ahead & use the same. No issues.

ELM2 years, 7 months ago

I just realized that i have my SHSS blob for my ipod touch 3g 4.1 on a program i downloaded long time ago, which is called “iSHSHIT” I opened it I sent it to my email and downloaded it in my computer (in a save place!) In regards to my iphone 4 4.3.2 w/ bb 04.10.01, if i use ifaith to save my SHSS blob, just in case if it gets stuck on the process how would i take it out of DFU MODE?

Just use the latest version of iFaith. In case it gets stuck in the DFU mode, hold down the power & menu button for approx 15-20 secs & release it. You will be out of it & your iP4 will reboot back in no time.

ELM2 years, 7 months ago

I tried saving my SHSS blob using my ipod touch 3g w/iOs 4.1 which is jailbroken with limer1 as an experimen,t but it gets stuck on where it says apple logo (upper left corner). what could it be the problem? is it because my ipod touch is jailbroken?

If Cydia lists your current iOS on its homepage like this http://bit.ly/qS5bjW, you need not perform this at all. No idea why Faith is behaving like this though.

ELM2 years, 7 months ago

I just got an iphone 4 4.3.2 w/ bb 04.10.01, i want to jailbreak it w/ unthered one that is available out there but,i also want to save my HSHH blob and i dont know how to save it. I tried using TU but it did not let me do it, because i was too late for that. Should I jailbreak it first or save my HSHH blob? if it is save HSHH blob, please tell me how. Thanks in advance.

You can save your current 4.3.2 SHSH by using iFaith. Read this http://bit.ly/qIa3E7. Once saved, use Redsn0w0.9.8b7 to jailbreak your device. That’s it !!

denver672 years, 7 months ago

Hello- I have an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 on it that was jailbroken with Redsnow. I have loaded a dodgy tweak and the phone is continually booting. I have Tiny umbrella 5.0 and have saved my 4.3.3 blobs and have started tiny umbrella server and then shift key, restore and I end up with a 1604 error. Can I use Ireb 4 to by pass this error seeing I originally used redsnow to jailbreak it.
    Thanks for your help with this.

You need to put your device in a pwned DFU mode first & only then start the restore procedure. So yes, you very well should be using iReb to get past this error.

sarah2 years, 7 months ago

I have an iPhone 3Gs, it is unlocked. I went to update my phone and then I got the brick sign! It wont move from there, Ive tried everything! Can you please help !

Can’t help when you don’t post any relevant details regarding your iOS/BB versions which you were on & details on what you tried attempting. W/o these information, your query just makes no sense.

ali2 years, 7 months ago

hi bro….

when i run ireb in my pc ,then that gives
    “the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135).click on OK to terminate the application”
    this error… what i do guyz, plz help me…
    thanx in advance…

You need to install the .Net framework first on your PC before you begin using Sn0wbreeze/iReb tools. A simple Google would tell you the same.

Indonesia2 months, 4 weeks ago

what .net framework needed? 3.5 or 4.0?

Patrick Gumban2 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi, not entirely sure but I only have .net 4 on my PC so it’s safe to say that it only needs 4.0. Let me know how that works!

Selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Hello Again;
    You know i get itunes 28 error. i pull up my phone and remove board from battery. i make e restore with 4,1 Custom firmware i get an error 1015. And phone screen is the same this http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6655/ts1275n.png i tried exit recovery with TU. but this time stuck apple logo. I tried fixrecovery but stuck apple logo. I tried different usb different cable , but i can’t open py phone. My phone is lock and iphone 3gs. I found shsh record. I have 4,1–4,3,3 shsh record. I tried restore with 4,3,3 i get an arror same: stuck apple logo or same as a picture. Do you have a any ideas? Thank you for helping. Best Regards..

Always use a custom IPSW for your restore. Not a stock IPSW that comes right from Apple. As long as you use a stock IPSW on an iPhone which already has an updated iPadBB, your bound to get these errors.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

Mmmm, i dont know, it wasnt my phone…
    But i think it wasnt, so u wouldnt know what connectors connects to the speakers etc? Cause i think the 1,2 and 3 that connects to the front side of the screen.

I guess i have to open it up again and unplug everything?

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with any kind of hardware/ hardware issues of the iPhone, I’m solely an iOS addict. ;)

Hi Pramod:

I wanna ask u, i managed to downgrade to ios 4.1
    But somehow my headset doesnt work,
    I need to use “the speaker” in order to hear things…
    Do u think it mite be firmwares problem? Or is there something i can check?

Coz i did unplug 1,2 and 3 out and plug it back… ?

Definitely not a s/w issue. Its more of an hardware issue with the connectors. Did this issue prevail right before your restore? You might want to get it checked at an Apple store nearby.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

My phone is simlock. Can i open after 4,3,5 install? and i don’t have custom firmware tools for 4.3.5

What do you mean by SIM lock? Do you rely on an unlock or not?

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Hello again;
    The last time, you told me “Error 28 is bad. Its an hardware issue caused due to a failed BB chip which will render any calling/Wi-Fi/BT functionality useless….”
    I have decided and i disassembled my iphone 3GS. remove board from battery. wait 30 minutes. and i did below;
    1) Open redsn0w show 4.3.3 original firmware select “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now”
    2) Open TU and start TSS server
    3) Open itunes shift+restore with 4.2.1 custom firmware
    4) restore started….
    5) iphone shut down automatically, when finished the restore..
    6) open redsn0w select “Just boot tethered right now”
    7) My phone opened. but after( 2 hours later ) shut down automatically

Please tell me is there any solution after that or not? Best Regards…

As I had mentioned way before (please read my previous comments to your query here), w/o having a valid SHSH saved, restoring using TU is absolutely useless. Instead , try restoring to iOS 4.3.5 first to see if the iP3GS is able to pick up a fresh installation. Neither Redsn0w nor TU helps in case of no SHSH. Open up TU, set it to these settings http://bit.ly/mT3R3e & quit. Next, Shift+Restore to 4.3.5 via iTunes.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for the fast reply,
    But i am restoring to 4.3.5,
    Do i still need particular shsh file for that?

And yes, i did set in TU what you have showed me,
    it either 3194 error or 1601 error pops out

Nope, it can’t be either. Please confirm this properly. Since your using the stock iOS for a restore, set TU to these settings http://bit.ly/mT3R3e & quit it. Now follow the restore in a pwned DFU mode. Do you get any single error? Don’t tell me any either or errors.

Hi Pramod,

I have tried the following method:

Using Ired to get pwned DFU mode.
    But i then get 3194 error (I have double checked the setting on TU)
    Sometime when i am lucky and pass 3194, then get 1601 error.

Then i tried Redsnow to put the phone into DFU mode.
    Then it felts that the phone was switched off and wasnt able to turn it on.

Cause i cant even get into recovery mode…

Error 3194 confirms that you do not have an SHSH blob saved for that particular version to which your trying to restore to. (With these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve set). Do you still get Error 1601inspite of the settings set from TU?

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

i tried ur method, putting the phone into DFU before plugging it on to Itune,
    It still gives me the same error, 1601.
    (I click home and power button for 10sec, release power button for 5 sec)
    Then it gimmes 1601~

What about a pwned DFU mode? Kick your device back into a recovery loop (the iTunes+Apple logo screen) & put your device into a pwned DFU mode instead using Redsn0w. Read http://bit.ly/pioV9v & then redo the restore. Try it.

Mmmm, i ticked the 2nd one… ; /
    Now the 2nd one is unticked, how long does it take to restore?
    Cause in Itune, i am on Preparing Iphone for Restore…
    How long does it take? I remmeber my other iphone was faster than this.
    Mmmmmm, I dont have that 3194 error, but now i have 1601 Error?
    Mmmm, do u any chance have a msn that i can msg u directly? :D

Put your iPhone into a DFU mode first & then continue with the restore. I believe that should help with the 16xx errors.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

Nope, i dont rely on a lock,
    I have tried stock 4.3.5,
    But it doesnt work,
    I used Itune to restore 4.3.5 (stock)
    It gives me 3194 error?

Paramond:
    So are there any solution for me please???
    Or it really is a ibrick now? ;/

Do you rely on an unlock? If yes, then there is nothing that you can probably do about it right now.
      Else, you can go ahead & restore from iTunes to a stock 4.3.5.
      You too can go ahead & try iOS 4.1/4.2.1 as well (use custom if you rely on an unlock) just in case Cydia has one already saved for you. Make sure that you too set the settings of TU as I had mentioned to Selcuk. That is important.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, i know this method. and i did. And i get an error 28 again. screen colour is white. and closed again. Regards..

Error 28 is bad. Its an hardware issue caused due to a failed BB chip which will render any calling/Wi-Fi/BT functionality useless. Your iP3GS doesn’t have a valid MAC or an IMEI address anymore. Your iP3GS is bricked & therefore you need to get it shown at an Apple Store near you ASAP.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

Pramod: Why does it have to be ios 4.1 ?
    I have the same problem as Selcuk,
    I do not have any files backup for the phone,
    As i have mentioned earlier, i have 3194 error, i use TU to bypass,
    I get 1600 error, i use Ireb,
    But now, i am stuck on 1601 (F/W 4.3.3)

Must i try IOS 4.1?
    Mmm, can my iphone become a ibrick?

Well its just a trial & error method, just in case if he had one saved atleast for the iOS 4.1.
      And in your case, as long as you do not have a valid SHSH blob saved locally, you can forget about using TU to skip the 3194 because in that way, your just force installing a version with an invalid SHSH.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Hello again;
    Finally i see movement on iphone. i download 4,1 custom firmware. open itunes and shift restore with 4,1 firmware. But i get an error 28.
    Try again and i get an error 1600.

Before you perform the restore, you need to put your device into a pwned DFU mode & only then continue. This will get you past 16xx errors. Read http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Not even under recent devices right? Answer : yes.
    Open TU and settings as your picture and QUIT. Open Itunes shift restore with 4,3,3 custom firmware. and yes i get an 3194 error.you said me “it will restore w/o any DFU loops.” what does mean? Could you explain to me next step. And i appreciated for your very fast answer and interested.. Best Regards..

If you get an 3194, you do not have an SHSH blob saved. Means, you cannot restore to 4.3.3 anymore because you do not have any saved SHSH blobs. Try a custom iOS 4.1 IPSW in the same manner. Do not touch TU.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

? can’t see any device on left hand menu. I think my phone only in dfu mode. black screen.

Not even under recent devices right? Well that means you do not have any SHSH blobs saved at all for your device. Open up TU, set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & QUIT. Now Shift+Restore to the custom 4.3.3. If you get an 3194, you do not have an SHSH blob saved. If yes, it will restore w/o any DFU loops.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Yes i have locally in my pc. i have .shsh folder. size is 1,52 mb.

Not the folder. I meant does it show for your device ONLY iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blob in TU like this http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1? Make sure you choose your device’s name from the left hand menu & then check.

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

MY SHSH RECORD SAVE TO FLASH DISC. could you explain to me step by step? Or send me link. Best Regards..

You need to really answer my previous question in more detail. Are you saying that you have an SHSH blob saved for your device locally on your machine?

selcuk2 years, 8 months ago

Hello ;
    I can’t open my iphone 3GS. I read all post. But i can’t. i had a 4,3,3 version with 06.15 baseband. I want to load again 4.3.3 custom firmware. But iphone closed and i can’t open. I take 1601 error on itunes and i can’t pass this error.
    firstli i open tiny ( for 3194 error)
    2) i open itunes
    3) shift+restore and load custom firmware
    4) take an error 1601

p.s.: i tried fixrecovery, i tried directly redsn0w ( all options_ tethered e.t.c.), But doesn’t work.
    i have 4,3,3 shsh but i don’t know how can i use..
    i will be very happy, if you have any solutions..

Best Regards…

Where do you have this iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blob saved for your device? On Cydia? Also, please avoid using TU if you do not have the SHSH blobs saved locally. Edit your hosts file to point it to Cydia’s server & then restore.

kimler2 years, 8 months ago

I have a iphone 4 4.3.2 W/ BB 4.10.01 I want to jailbreak my iphone with untethered jailbreak but before I do that, I want to save my SSHS blob using TU. When I press save SSHS on TU, it tells me that it was not saved. So, how can I save my SSHS BLOB? thanks in advance.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I know there is no way to restore or update my IPHONE to earlier versions :( Now, I know that there is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5 but I’d rather like to wait for the untethered jailbreak. Do you know what is the correct picture messaging settings for my iphone 4? P.S. I’m using gevey sim card with SIMPLE MOBILE I don’t know if you are familiar with this SIMPLE MOBILE sim card. Thanks in advance Pramod.

Sorry, I’m not aware of them. You might want to check it with someone who already has an IPhone & is on Simple Mobile.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

Well, this time I sussessfully saved the SHSS blob with this new iOS 4.3.5 and baseband 04.10.01 On my previous iOS 4.1 bb 02.10.04 I had tried saving my SHSS blob using TU but it would told me that it was to late for me to save it. I used both of my computers PCs but i would get the same thing. I just wanted to add that I did try these settings (http://bit.ly/qqFuve) using TU. What do you think I should do?

So your having an SHSH blob only for iOS 4.3.5. This means that you won’t be able to either update/restore your iDevice to any of the earlier iOS versions. :(

Kaddel2 years, 8 months ago

could u please explain to me what I have to do? I guess my english skills just got to its limit. Im german and its been confusing all long. Are you saying I have to google a custom tethered IPSW bundle from either snowbreeze or pwnage tool. I have no idea what this is, where to find it and what to do with it.. i dont wanna mess this up again.

Right now, you cannot do anything about it.

Kaddel2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, i think i went into a recovery loop. I didnt save a SHSH blob before I tried running the update again, so I guess I am lost again. Is there a way to save it now, or get it somewhere else, so I can use my phone again? or can I create a custom IPSW without having saved the SHSH blog and where can I check if I have saved my device with the correct version of Cydia? I am really confused with this and never should have downloaded TU, as you mentioned. I still dont know how to solve the problem though and appreciate any kind of help.

Not possible without having any saved SHSH blob references for your device for any iOS versions unless a custom tethered IPSW bundle is out from either Sn0wbreeze/PwnageTool.

Kaddel2 years, 8 months ago

I think I have really messed up and need desperately help! Yesterday I tried to upgrade my iPhone with the 4.3.5. software. But I couldnt load the file, it always stopped after a while. After i googled my problem i downloaded the system upgrade file seperately and then tried to upgrade it with pressing shift and upgrade. Now I got the error code 3194. So i googled again and this time I downloaded tinyumbrella (stupid me couldnt let it go, i had no idea this is jailbreak) uncheck “set hosts to Cydia on Exit”. having done that i tried the whole thing again but now i got the error code 1604. Not having enough problems I downloaded iREB to get my phone out of the recovery mode, so now I got a black screen. When I tried to install the upgrade now, or at least make my phone work again, i got the error code 1004. Now I am really pissed ( I know, I shouldnt have clicked anythin more, but I panicked)so I click on fix recovery, since the iphone is not even detected at tinyumbrella anymore. End of the story I couldnt fix anything, I have a black screen, every restore I tried didnt work cause I got the 3194 error code again and its been 14 long hours of trying and killing myself. HELP!!!!

First off, all you needed to do was to remove Saurik’s server from your hosts file & the follow the restore to iOS 4.3.5 via iTunes.
      Next thing, avoid using TU completely. As you can see, using TU was a mistake. If you are someone who relies on an unlock, you should know that you cannot restore to a stock IPSW doing which will kick you into a recovery loop which I guess you are already in.
      What will help you out here is to create a custom IPSW only if you ever had an SHSH blob saved or your device for that version on Cydia (http://bit.ly/p07pX2). I’m sure that TU never showed you any saved SHSH blobs like this http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1 & even then you used it.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I am really sad now. Can FW 4.3.5 be jailbroken? if yes, what sofware should I use? and also by any chance do you know what is the correct picture messaging settings for my iphone. I have tried so many, eventhough, I tried one but it only let me send pictures but not receiving them. By the way, I’m using simple mobile sim card.

iOS 4.3.5 is a tethered jailbreak. Are you sure that you have tried TU with these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & then saved your SHSH for your iPhone?

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I actually tried if TU would have my SHSH blob saved just by opening it up but there was nothing. I really got scared because i thought I messed up my phone. As a last resource I decided to restore my phone via itunes with a different computer. The good thing is that gevey sim card work with the new frameware and unfortunately, It had updated the baseband as well. Pramod, it there any way to see if there is SHSH blob saved by using this link’s procedure http://jaxov.com/2011/04/save-shsh-blobs-when-iphone-is-stuck-in-recovery-mode-loop/ i really would like to recover my old baseband.

The BB version once updated can never be reverted back to an earlier version unlike the iOS. So, there is nothing that can be done right now other than to update your BB to an iPad’s BB instead to unlock your iP3GS. :(

Since i dont have any shsh files, so I tried to restore to 4.3.5,
    but i have 1601 error, how do i overcome that error?

So, i cannot restore to 4.3.3 (Current 4.3.3) if i dont have my shsh files?
    I tried to use TU to save shsh files, but there were none.

And I tried to restore on a newly installed Windows 7. It gimme the same error.

Is there a procedure where i can follow up ?

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

Can you maybe have a link of procedures for my current problem please?
    I do not have any shsh backups or anything.

At the moment:
    I upgraded to 4.3.3 (Original F/W) –>
    Using TU to bypass 3194 error,
    Using Ired to bypass 1600 error.
    Afterward i use Redsnow to install Cydia,
    Then using Redsnow to start the phone.
    But somehow it doesnt work, it freeze in DFU mode.

2nd Try:

I upgraded to 4.3.3 Snowbreeze Custom F/W.
    Using TU and Ired to bypass errors.
    Then using Redsnow to start the phone.

Is there a way i can start the phone without using redsnow to start the phone?
    Cause the reason i restore to original is because once the phone is off, i cant switch it back on (even if i use redsnow to start up.)
    What could i have done wrong?

I am on a Model : MC181
    Model F/W : 05.16.02
    Version: 4.3.3 (8J2)

Thanks alot for the reply Pramod.

Cannot perform any kind of upgrade/restore without having any SHSH blobs. Use TU as well to see if you have any saved. If not, you cannot restore & therefore your stuck.
      Your using TU for you restores without having any SHSH blobs saved for your device locally. This will result in a DFU loop & therefore isn’t the right procedure. The only way to see for nay saved SHSH blobs is to update yourselves to iOS 4.3.5, jailbreak it using RS0.9.8b5 & then fire up Cydia & look here http://bit.ly/p07pX2. If there exists any, your in luck.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I tried restore my iphone just like you said with a custom iOS 4.1 The snowbreeze logo appears on my iphone but the bar below does not even star to fill up and right after that, I get error 14 on itunes. I this procedure several times and I connected my iphone to a different usb port, but the same thing happens.

So, it means that your are not having the SHSH blobs saved for it as well. Did you try running Tiny Umbrella to search for the saved SHSH blobs? Read this http://bit.ly/qn9iLL.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

I manage to store to 4.3.3 Original F/W.
    But now, i cant start Iphone itself. I need to use Snowbreeze to start.
    And i am able to install 4.3.5 with
    Tiny Umbrella, Ireb.
    But i cant find a way to start the iphone. ;/

Then i re-restore to 4.3.3 with no problem? >.<
    But i just cant start the iphone. It stuck on DFU mode.
    After i use Redsnow to start the phone.
    I switch it off. I cant use Redsnow to start the phone again.
    Is my iphone abit messed up?

Don’t use TU for your restores at all. If you really have an SHSH blob saved for your device on Cydia, edit your hosts file like this http://bit.ly/qWKCRX to point iTunes to Cydia’s server & then perform the desired restore.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

First of all Pramod, i just want to thank you for replying me and trying to find a solution to my problem. let me make sure if i understood what you said. You want me to restore my iphone with the previous frameware 4.1 which is the one that came with the iphone, but being customized. if that is correct can you tell me what snobreeze version should i use?

Note: my phone had a original frameware 4.1, it was updated to (costum ipsw 4.2.1)but got stuck in recovery or DFU mode due to the black screen on the phone. i tried using fixrecovery421 to get out the DFU mode but did not work.

Use Sn0wbreeze 2.1 to create a custom IPSW for iOS 4.1.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I actually restored it a couple of hours ago, But i have another problem. I costumized a frameware using snowbreeze on preserving baseband mode(sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.2.1) as snowbreeze logo appeared on my phone filling the bar to the end, and i tunes said it’s been restored, but it took me to recovery mode and i can get out of there and the phone’s screen is just off. I just don’t know what to do. i know it’s too late for this, but i didn’t save SHSH from cydia.

Oh Well Great !! You have just lost the chance to save your previous iOS version SHSH blob. Now Restore back to the iOS on which you were previously using a custom IPSW for that version. Hopefully it should restore back i.e only if you ever had an SHSH blob saved by Cydia. Unless you don’t have one you can’t update/restore your iPhone.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

How come when i update to custom f/w or original f/w from apple,
    i get an error stating that the firmware is corrupted or something like that?
    Is there a fix for this error?

You need to explain what exactly the error is that you get with the error code in detail.

ELV2 years, 8 months ago

I have a iPhone 4 4.1 w/ baseband 2.10.04 and it’s unlocked with gevey sim card with simple mobile and jailbroken w/ limera1n. The problem is that i downloaded a repo from cydia to get mms working but didn’t work and after i erased the repo, my Cellular Data Networking option from general>network disappeared and carrier from general>about says not available (it used to say labcarrie 8.0) and that might be the reason i lost internet connection. So I’d like to restore my frameware to fix this problem and preserve the baseband. I tried this method but i got 16xx errors on itunes. Thank you in advance.
    EDIT: I forgot to add that this is the method i tried http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13795 but once again i got erros 1601

Well have you got any saved SHSH blobs for your device when you fire up Cydia? Like this http://bit.ly/p07pX2. The version to which your trying to restore to needs to be listed here.

Atique2 years, 8 months ago

Yeh, I have saved for 4.1 (the firmware i got this iPhone with) SHSH blobs via iFaith? Can it help me to come out of DFU loop? Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Little more update: I restord again with custom sn0wbreeze 4.3.3 firmware, it went again in DFU state so with redsnow I just tether started it. iPhone now has started but when I shut it down and it goes straight to DFU again without me doing anything again. When I plug the USB cable in computer iTunes again tells me it is in recovery mode.

What should now I do so it does not go to UFO upon shutting down?

Once again thanks in advance.

Well, since you do not have an SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.3, you cannot restore to it in anyway. You were able to go about with the restore only because Cydia dint proxy a valid SHSH blob for your device. So all what you can do right now is to go back to iOS 4.1 ONLY by restoring it to an iFaith created IPSW.

Jay2 years, 8 months ago

hey i jailbroke my iphone 3gs with the ipad baseband 6.15.00 and i cant update it at all anymore,is there any way to lower the baseband?

NO, there is no BB downgrade tool that can downgrade your BB back to an unlockable BB version as of now. No ETA on the same from the iPhone Dev-Team as well.

Atique2 years, 8 months ago

iPhone 3GS – Baseband 5.14.2

Originally it was on 4.1. I used sn0wbreeze to create custom 4.3.3 (no baseband update). Used iREB to put iPhone into DFU mode. Restored with iTunes and after completion iPhone is stuck in DFU. Have tried holding Slwwp+Power attached and without attached to computer but no use.

I even restored with stock 4.3.3. It restored but still stuck in DFU. When I run and click 3GS I don’t need to hold sleep+power button. After some progress bar the message pops up that iPhone is in DFU mode.

Can you please help, I just spent lot of money on it :(

Have you made sure that you do have the iOS 4.1/4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved for your device using Cydia/TU? DFU loops do occur when an invalidation of the SHSH blobs occur from Cydia. Holding the Sleep+Home button for approx 15 secs will merely put your device into a recovery mode only.

Charles2 years, 8 months ago

I have a China Iphone A1325 3GS.
    I have upgraded the phone f/w from 3.1.2 to 4.3.3 (Redsnow)
    But there were some problem, I tried to restore to original f/w,
    It gives me problem.
    1st problem – 3194 error, i used Umbrella to bypass the error,
    2nd problem – 1600 error, i use Ireb to bypass the error,
    But then 1601 error, i dont know how to bypass this error?

Or is there any other way to restore my iphone to original f/w ?

Instead of using a Sn0wbreeze cooked custom IPSW file, use the one created by PwnageTool & restore to that instead. Ask a friend of yours who owns a Mac to create one for you.

Max lee2 years, 8 months ago

hi there,

really need help, i been try to restore my iphone 4 but different error keep coming out.

current: stuck with DFU mode and not even ON the phone.

phone was jail break with 4.3.2.

wanted to update to firmware 4.3.3 and re jail break it.

have try ireb R4, tiny umbrella,still not working for my iphone. end up error 1013 and other.

Avoid using TU for your restores. Did you have the SHSH blobs saved for your device on Cydia for the iOS version 4.3.3? Read this http://bit.ly/pUDssX & post back your results.

TJ2 years, 8 months ago

Darn… Well, you DID solve my original problem. :P So thank you for helping me out. :]

TJ2 years, 8 months ago

Then, you need to show it at your nearest Apple store as this could possibly be a hardware issue with your iPT’s screen. Get it looked at by an Apple store genius at the earliest.

TJ2 years, 8 months ago

Oh dear, never mind….. It just went back into DFU mode… :( Except now it’s like, once in a while iTunes will detect it and sync and all, but the screen is still black and home and power buttons don’t do anything… I tried running redsn0w again like before but that didn’t do anything….. :/

Well are you telling me that iTunes syncs your iPT while even when the screen is still pitch black?

TJ2 years, 8 months ago

OHMEHGAWSH It worked!!!! My iPod went into recovery mode and then started up like normal when I opened iTunes!!! I’m so freakin’ happy like you don’t even know, I thought I was gonna have to go all the way out to the Apple store or that it was bricked or something…. o.O Hahaha Thank you so much!!!! :]

TJ2 years, 8 months ago

I’ve put my iPod touch 4g into pwned DFU mode, restored it to 4.3.3. with tinyumbrella shsh’s, but after restoration it remains in DFU mode (though iTunes recognizes it as a device in recovery mode) and I cannot get it out by using power/sleep button solution or by using Recboot, fixrecovery, tinyumbrella or iReb….

HOW do I get it out of DFU?? Pleeasssse help me. D:

Try this & see if it works.
      First, jailbreak your iPT using Redsn0wRC19. Once done, chances are that you will be back to the DFU loop. No worries, now just run Redsn0w’s Just Boot Tethered Now option & continue. Let me know what happens.

NamV2 years, 8 months ago

Awesome, I didn’t know Redsn0w does hacktivation too. Thanks alot, you saved me this time

mrs thomas2 years, 8 months ago

ive tried all the steps given for getting my iphone 3g to work now i get an erroe in intunes that says firmware is not compatible what do i do ?

You have probably downloaded the wrong version of the iOS that isn’t actually for an iP3G. Download the right ones that start with the filename iPhone 1,2.

Sabine Pollard2 years, 8 months ago

hi, i have been trying to restore my iphone to the new 5.0 firmware but everytime i try to restore i get the 1600 error i know what that means so i used ireb and it said id done it right into DFU. then after that i try again and still the same problem? please help!!

Use Redsn0w to put your device into a Pwned DFU mode instead of iReb. Kick your device first into the recovery mode and then use Redsn0w w/o running it directly over an iRebbed state. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

Gio2 years, 9 months ago

i made the custom ispw for ip4 4.3.3
    i use the iREB and it works
    on my iphone i get the ired logo with a loading bar
    it loads fully then
    on itunes it says iphone restored to faculty settings
    then the another message on itunes pops up saying iphone found in recovery mode
    its like it does everything but it does back DFU mode
    anyway to fix this?

Run Redsn0w only with the Just Boot Tethered Now option ticked. That should get you out of the DFU loop.

NamV2 years, 9 months ago

Wondering if you could help me here. I have an iPhone 3GS with 4.1 firmware installed, and currently stuck on the activation screen. Since I don’t have an official carrier sim to unlock it with, my only choice to get it to work right now is to restore it to a cooked firmware, but I can’t find a way to do it.
    If I restore using the normal shift+restore way, obviously itunes gives me the dreaded 1600 error. But if I use iReb to put it in the so-called “Pwned DFU” state, then it will not accept ANY firmware at all. It displays the “…cannot be restored because the firmware is incompatible” message regardless of what firmware I choose .I tried the cooked 4.2.1, 4.3.3, AND the official 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.3. It displays the incompatible message for all of them. Do you have any idea how this can be fixed??
    By the way, this phone is current running the iPad firmware. I made the mistake of upgrading without using sn0wbreeze before and had to resort to installing the iPad firmware.

You need not perform a restore just to get yourself out of the Emergency Call screen. All you got to do is run the latest version of Redsn0wRc18 simply without ticking any of the options. Make sure that none of the Redsn0w options are ticked and also untick the default ones & continue. That’s it.

Himanshu2 years, 9 months ago

hey,
    i’m restoring my iphone 4 firmware 4.2.1 using iREB but at the time of restore i get stucked on the white screen and get the error 1601…plz tell me the solution !

Are you sure that you have put your iP4 in a Pwned DFU state before the restore? Make sure that your using a custom cooked IPSW for the restore.

sukh2 years, 10 months ago

hi i have error 1015 plz help me out ……:(

For resolving 1015 errors, follow this guide http://bit.ly/l9nPNd if your on iOS 4.2.x. If not, choose iOS 4.3.x RecoveryLoop from the same post under the Updates section. :)

Somebody2 years, 10 months ago

Help!! I followed the instructions for iREB perfectly, but I keep getting error 20! I have an MC iPod touch 2G with spirit jailbreak. I have jailbroken 3.1.3 firmware and am trying to downgrade to 2.1.1. I forgot my AndroidLock password, I didn’t install OpenSSH, and spirit doesn’t come with AFC2add.

Somebody2 years, 10 months ago

I’m also trying to unjailbreaking it. If I just make it DFU without iREB, I keep getting error 1601.

You’ll experience 16xx errors if you do not put your iPod in a Pwned DFU mode. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/kD7saY to put your iPod in the Pwned DFU mode and restore the same via iTunes. Also, if by “unjailbreaking” means your trying to bring your iPod to a fresh install w/o the jailbreak element, hit Shift + “Restore” button directly from iTunes, browse to your IPSW and restore w/o the need to put the iPod in the Pawned DFU mode. Good Luck. :)

Hansen2 years, 10 months ago

Hi there
    I have an ipad firmware 3.2.2 baseband 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2. I wanted to upgrade it from 3.2.2 to 4.3.3.

The first problem was when I was trying to update it by pressing SHIFT + RESTORE button in iTunes and selecting Stock 4.3.3 ipsw and error 3194 showed up. I searched for solution and found TinyUmbrella, hit the “Run TSS Server” button and restarted iTunes and this problem solved.

Then the second problem is, while “Preparing iPhone for restore” in iTunes, error 1604 showed up. Again i searched for solution and found iREB-rc4. I ran iREB-rc4 which got my ipad into pwned DFU mode, restart the procedure and finally it got updated to 4.3.3.

Now my problem is after iTunes says the procedure is finished, my ipad has forever remained in DFU mode(black screen) and cant get out. Things ive tried so far:

- held Home + Power button together even after awhile also nothing happened
    - restore to stock versions 4.3.2,4.2.1, at the end of the process, still in DFU
    - Jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 when still in DFU, at the end of the process, still black screen
    - tried Snowbreeze 2.7.3 to create a custom iOS 4.3.3 to restore again but the result was the same as well.
    - tried sn0wbreeze-v2.6 to create a custom iOS 4.3.2 to restore, again result still the same
    - dled a custom iOS 4.3.2 off the net, again still the same
    - tried with fixrecovery43 also fixrecovery421. after reboot, my ipad goes back to DFU

I dont know what to do anymore
    please help T_T

Patrick2 years, 10 months ago

Ok. Leave everything and prepare to restore your iPad again. This time do not restore a custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool but instead using Redsn0w http://bit.ly/lAi8at The advantage of this procedure is that when you will restore stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW, you will never get any restore error and your iPad will never go into recovery mode loop. Once restored, use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 and jailbreak it http://bit.ly/iHqdFZ Cheers :D

Josh2 years, 10 months ago

I am jailbreaking my iphone 3gs and updating to 4.3.3 the problem is it gets all the way to the end and then i get an error code :1015 help this has been a problem for days now !!

vanessa031072 years, 11 months ago

i used 2.1

Its untethered JB but not sure why you are getting stuck at Apple logo. Try re-creating iOS 4.1 custom IPSW using this guide http://bit.ly/fb7dsb I am assuming that you have iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs in Cydia.

vanessa031072 years, 11 months ago

i have no idea what that is. “iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs in Cydia”

To restore iOS 4.1 stock or custom IPSW, you need SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 which are unique to your iDevice. To check if you have got iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, use TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/k3pBr3

vanessa031072 years, 11 months ago

i’ve restored my iphone, everything was going fine the little snowflake logo came up and now it’s kind of just frozen there. help ?

Which version of Sn0wbreeze you have used to jailbreak your iDevice?

vanessa031072 years, 11 months ago

i used the 2.1 version.

Midgee2 years, 11 months ago

I finished restoring my itouch 4G, then after restarting, itunes still detect my ipod in recovery mode. what do i do?

Can you tell me the firmware version of custom IPSW you restored? Was it iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW or iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW?

Justin James2 years, 11 months ago

I dont see anything on the screen it just shows black..nothing more..I’m gonna try what you have suggested and see if one of it will work. I’ll let you know about it. Thanks!

Blank screen means you are still in DFU mode.

justin james2 years, 11 months ago

I already followed the steps and restored my iphone 3gs using the custom firmware. Now my problem goes after the restore is completed. Itunes still detects my iphone in recovery mode and it doesn’t boots up. It only shows black screen. Please help I need quick answers to this. Thanks in Advance!

Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac. Hold down the Home+Power button until you see Apple logo. If you iPhone kicks itself into recovery mode, use TinyUmbrella (Recovery Fix) http://bit.ly/k3zzIx

Justin James2 years, 11 months ago

My iPhone shows nothing its just black..It doesn’t even turn on but when I’m connecting it on a computer and tries to press the home+power button it is detected by the computer and itunes, it is on recovery mode always. I have read from another forum about the iRecovery..do you think it would work with my iphone 3gs or should I use tiny umbrella instead? btw thanks for hearing me out.

Once you are in recovery mode (See iTunes logo on screen with USB cable), then it means it is out of DFU loop and now it is in recovery loop. TinyUmbrella (Normal), Recboot or iRecovery works but only if iOS version is less than 4.2.1. All above versions of iOS requires TinyUmbrella (fix recovery). Fortunately fix recovery for iOS 4.3 is also working on iOS 4.3.1 and iOS 4.3.2. You can give it a try http://bit.ly/k3zzIx

Now what if fix recovery do not work?
          1. Try Recboot http://bit.ly/cPXtcN
          2. Try TinyUmbrella (Normal) http://bit.ly/bWtu6v
          3. Try EasyiRecovery http://bit.ly/kyX4Un

Also tell me your current baseband version? Do you rely on unlock?

squid2 years, 11 months ago

tnx to u bro.. u are the best … tnx very much

Rafaello2 years, 11 months ago

I have an iPhone 4 that is on 4.0.2 baseband 1.59.00. I created a custom 4.3.1 firmware with sn0wbreeze 2.5.1. I am successfully in pwned DFU mode and try to restore with iTunes, but it gives me a 3194 error. I have mingled with the hosts file but I simply cannot get it to restore!

Can anyone help?

Rafaello2 years, 11 months ago

Nevermind. I downloaded TinyUmbrella, and ran the TSS server. Then continued to shift+click and selected my custom firmware to restore. It is restoring now…

Will update if anything goes awry

Yep! Error 3194 means you don’t have SHSH blobs and to get them you must use TinyUmbrella. I think you are on right-track. Do ping me back if you need any help!

BCA2 years, 11 months ago

Thank you soooooo very much. I have spent all easter weekend glued to my computer trying to fix this error (1600) and this was the only thing that I could find in 2 days of internet searching. I have a feeling that it’s quite common. I really appreciate your help.

jerry2 years, 12 months ago

I am on a 3g iphone 3.1.3. I made custom ipsw with snowbreeze and am restoring when I get the 1601 error. This is after using the newest iREB and it saying for me to load my ipsw through itunes. I uninstalled all apple software and reinstalled as per Apple suggestion and then tried again and still get the error. I ensured I am using the proper snowbreeze as well as newest iREB. Any help is appreciated.

There is no need to re-install iTunes etc. If you are still getting 16xx error, it means your iPhone is in DFU or recovery mode but not in Pwned DFU mode. To get your iPhone in Pwned DFU mode, use the guide above. Keep in mind the following points:
      1. Make sure no instance of iTunes is running when you lunch iREB
      2. After using iREB DO NOT unplug your iPhone
      3. When iREB says your iPhone is in Pwned DFU mode, then launch iTunes and restore custom IPSW.
      4. A good practice is to first put your iPhone into DFU mode and then launch iREB.

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

Gday Wolverine, Hope you can help. I have a iphone 3gs 6.15 bb which was running a custom IPSW jail broken with greenpoison, and ultrasnow. i put the phone into the DFU state with iReb go to iTunes to restore but end up getting error code 1600. I have tried 3 different custom IPSW upgrades that have I have downloaded which have been made with snowbreeze. I can get one to sort of work but ends up locking up on the apple logo screen with the little load symbol. I have downloaded iReb, iBooty and I only have access to a windows based computer.. please help

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

I now only have a black screen when I try to run iReb I chose the 3Gs option it will automatically go into pwnd dfu eg I dont have to hold in the sleep or the home key

Restart iREB, reconnect your iPhone and then repeat the procedure.

The one you restored and got it working is the stock IPSW which resulted in infinite recovery mode loop. Remember the golden rule “DO NOT RESTORE STOCK IPSWs WHEN YOUR IPHONE IS RUNNING IPAD BASEBAND” otherwise you will endup in recovery loops. So the only solution is to create a fresh iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 http://bit.ly/gBOM7o and restore it with iTunes. As iOS 4.3.2 is the latest firmware, so you do not need SHSH blobs for that.

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

It was suppose to be a custom IPSW that i download.. but oh well will try again with 4.3.2

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

tried it again i cant seen to get the phone into a dfu state… When I use iReb as soon as I click on 3Gs it runs thru the procedger I go to hold down the power button and the home button but iReb starts automactically goes thru and says its exploiting with limera and then says its in a pwn DFU state but when I try to restore with iTunes it comes up with error 1600 as soon as I run iphones it says that the iPhone is in restore mode too… The iPhones screen is black and I cant seen to do anything with it… is my phone bricked

iREB usually behaves like this if you try to put your iPhone in DFU mode even before launching the iREB app. So, exit iREB completely. Restart your PC and then reconnect your iPhone. Launch iREB and then follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU Mode.

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

I managed to kick out of the DFU… I made a custom IPSW file using 4.3.2 when go to use iTunes to restore it to the iPhone I now get a 1015 error how do I fix this and what program do I use… Thank you so much for all the help so far.. I really cant wait for this to be fixed if I dont make it worse in the process :)

Nah! Use TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/cPXtcN or Recboot http://bit.ly/bWtu6v or FixRecovery http://bit.ly/f1i6fS

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

This is really bugging me now I have made a custom IPSW with 4.3.2 which I can restore the iPhone with but keep getting error 1015. I have tried the three option that you suggested… Use TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/cPXtcN or Recboot http://bit.ly/bWtu6v or FixRecovery http://bit.ly/f1i6fS.. but none of these work.. I dont have any shsh files saved im running windows xp could this be the problem? or can I download a different IPSW file from the web somewhere or even a shsh file at all?

Ok there is another method (NOT RECOMMENDED) to kick your iPhone 3GS out of iOS 4.3.2 recovery mode loop. I usually use this when all things fail. First restore your iPhone with iOS 4.2.1 custom firmware. When iTunes throws 1015, close everything. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 http://bit.ly/dRc3F4 and run it over your current jailbreak. It SHOULD kick your iPhone out of recovery mode loop. Do not forget to choose “Cydia” under Redsn0w’s jailbreak options.

PS: Error 1015 has nothing to do with OS. It signals that your firmware is restored but your iPhone is in recovery loop. There is no need to download custom IPSW if you have created yourself.

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

Thankyou so much for all your help I finnally got the phone out of recovery using fixrecovery43 dont know how but I just did… woohoo. but the problem I now have is no sound but I think I need to replace the headphone jack for that

How did you solved it?

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

I dont really know I just used fixrecovery43 a couple of time then it finally kicked it out of the recovery loop.. Thank you so much for all your help and Patience do you think the fact that it has no sound could be a hardware problem and not a software problem… as it has sound when headphones are in but no sound when headphones are taken out… have tried all the cleaning stuff they say on the web and pushing the head phone plug in and out repeatedly but no luck so will try to replace the jack… but again thanx

I think your iPhone’s silent switch is ON http://i.imgur.com/QT4R4.jpg

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Nar tried that still did nothing

What happens when you get a call? It vibrates?

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

nope just shows up on the screen that someone is calling they can hear me or I can hear them. No vibration or sound but if i had head phones in I can hear music and sounds through them only

Now this is a huge problem :D I will recommend you NOT to restore until fix recovery for iOS 4.3.2 is released by notcom.

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Im going to try and replace the headphone jack socket first as irt was still doing the same thing (as in no sound) running on 4.2.. a mate had it went to replace the screen and thought there was a screw in there so I think he’s shorted something out… and fixrecovery 43 is what worked for me on 4.3.2 to kick it out of the recovery loop

Hmmm. Definitely look HW issue! If you have iOS 4.1 or less SHSH blobs, you can downgrade and check if it works.

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Problem is I dont have any saved… I will still try to replay the cable and headphone jack.. as most cases that describe this issue on google talk about replacing that cable… and I will let you know how I go

From this i can guess that your iPhone is unable to identify when you plug and unplug your headphone. Your iPhone always considers that your headphone is plugged in (Even if its not) and this is why there is no speaker sound.

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Thats what i’m guessing as well seems to be those kind of symptons… but will let you know

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

nope the new headphone flexi cable didnt work… so next thing is to downgrade the firmware I do have some shsh saved 4.1, 4.2.1 so how do I downgrade to the earlier firmware

This is how http://bit.ly/igxj3n

Check this out http://bit.ly/lCHhiq

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

I have now replaced the Headphone jack flexicable downgraded it to 4.1 and tried that link that you send me but still no sound… works fine in a docking station and with headphones in

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Well the new flexi cable didnt fix it I downgraded it to 4.1 still no sound and tried the two links still nothing… wondering if a speaker could have something to do with it… it works fine in a docking bay to but doesnt when its on its own

You mean when you place your iPhone in charging-dock, the speaker works fine?

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

The speakers of the dock worked fine… but once removed will still playing no sound

Now you downgraded the firmware, so its not the firmware issue. 2ndly is not the problem of headphone jack either because the speakers of dock are still working. This confirms that there is definitely something wrong with the speaker of your iPhone itself. Being an iPhone user, this is a huge problem. You need to look for the replacement of speakers!

Crystian2 years, 11 months ago

Seem to have only really stop working once I use snowbreeze to make the custome firmware

No, a software can not damage a hardware but it can effect its working. Since you have downgraded your firmware, so its not the issue of software at all.

Crystian2 years, 12 months ago

Hi I having problems trying to upgrade to 4.3.1 I have downloaded a few custom IPSW files which have been pwned with snowbreeze and I keep getting error 1600 or sometimes get 3194 error… it is a iphone 3Gs was running 4.2.1 custom firmware 6.15 bb jail broken with green poison and ultrasnow installed or one version will go thru the process and load but then stop on the apple logo screen any help please… I only have access to windows I have downloaded ireb, ibooty

Apple has stopped signing iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs. So if you have SHSH blobs saved, use TinyUmbrella http://bit.ly/fK073B to downgrade your firmware. Restoring iOS 4.3.1 CFW without SHSH blobs will throw 3194 error. If you do not have iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs, restore iOS 4.3.2 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze 2.6 http://bit.ly/gBOM7o

Shahrukh2 years, 12 months ago

I put my iphone into pwn dfu stat woth ireb successfully but on itunes my iphone doesnt appear to restore mode itunes gives error to conect with internet and when i conects the resyore options shows but while restoring i get 1600 error everytime whats the metter plz help

When you put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode, do not disconnect it from your PC. Disconnecting and then connecting it back again kicks it into recovery mode again. Restoring through recovery mode throws 1600 error.

shahrukh2 years, 12 months ago

can i restore ios 4.3.1 which i get from snowbreez directly in dfu mode plz help soon
    i will be great full

Nops. You must use iREB or Redsn0w to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU Mode otherwise you will get 16xx error.

shahrukh2 years, 12 months ago

BUDDY i m fed up now plz help ireb works perfect and puts my iphone in pwned DFU but when i runs itunes the error couldnt conect to internet comes and when i conects to internet while restoring ios the error 1600 came everytime and also turned off antivirus and firewall then whats the metter plz tell me plzzz

Error 1600 means you are in DFU mode (NOT Pwned DFU) mode. Looks like you are not using iREB properly to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU Mode. Do you see iREB patching your iBoot with Limra1n exploit?

shahrukh2 years, 12 months ago

heye wolverine i did exectly u said for pwn dfu stat but when i open itunes to restore it says itune couldnt conect to internet whats the metter when i conects to internet it restores but always gives the error 1600 while verifying ipsw to apple plz help me urgent
    i m using i phone 4 running ios 4.0 with bb 1.59.00 and i want to upgrade to ios 4.3.1 plzz

Your iTunes can not connect to Apple Servers due to some reason. Make sure Windows firewall or Antivirus is not blocking iTunes from accessing the internet. Error 1600 means you have not entered into Pwned DFU Mode. Use the above instructions to put your iPhone into Pwned DFU Mode.

Chino2 years, 12 months ago

Just to help out some of the guys here:

I have finally succeeded in downgrading my iPod Touch 4G from 4.3.2 to 4.2.1
    The thing is I’ve encountered tons of errors before but I found out that these are due to the fact I’m using Win 7 64bit and iTunes 10 64bit. I tried doing the downgrade on my old computer Win XP SP3 and iTunes 10 32bit and I never encountered a single error. Here’s what I did.
    1. download respective ipsw that you’re going to downgrade to (mine 4.2.1, make sure it’s the right one! as there are different kinds for iphone, ipod and ipad..)
    2. connect iPod to PC then turn off
    3. Open iTunes
    4. set iPod into DFU Mode (Screen must be black, and when you press power button it remains the same)
    5. edit your hosts file (open as admin is required on Win7, but in XP you can just open this normally) and include this line at the bottom “74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com” exclude parenthesis, then save
    6. Return to iTunes
    7. Make sure your device is selected
    8. Press and hold Shift then click on Restore
    9. Select your ipsw (mine 4.2.1 for ipod touch 4G)
    10. Just wait for it to finish, then you’re done!

If you encountered an error
    11. If you encountered 1013 error just click ok
    12. If you encountered the error above your device will be on recovery loop
    13. download and install tiny umbrella and fix recovery both found on the tiny umbrella homepage.
    14. run it and click exit recovery
    15 your device will now boot normally.

But like I said I did this on Win XP 32bit and did not encounter a single error! Meanwhile on my Win7 64bit it almost made me kill myself thinking I have no hope of fixing my iPod due to numerous errors.

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

PS im on ios 4.3 and trying to go down to 4.2.1

Sorry but TinyUmbrella will not work to kick your iDevice out of recovery because it is valid for all firmware versions less than or equal to iOS 4.1. To kick your iPhone from iOS 4.2.1 recovery mode loop, you must use special version of TinyUmbrella called TU (Fix Recovery) which you can download from here http://bit.ly/f1i6fS under Update#1

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

gutting, neither of the files worked. they both say ‘ failed to start because zllb1.dl was not found’

Download the DLL from here http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=zlib1 and place it in the same directory in which fix recovery executable is present.

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

I’ve found that in one of your other posts :) it did some crazy stuff on the command prompt and then on my phone. loads of fast line realy. still no joy though. Am i supposed to run this before i downgrade through itunes? sorry to be a pain by the way :(

You got iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband?

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

Yes i got a 3gs and i think the baseband was 05.16.02

So it means your baseband is already updated. In this scenario, the best option is to restock stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW (No more baseband upgradation as you already have latest one) and use Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 over it.

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

Thanks. I’ve got the new snowbreeze 2.6 at the moment and its gotten further than the other one, so i’ll let you know how it goes :) Thanks for all your help

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

Ok, so it restored all the way in itunes but its stuck again in dfu mode. (arrrgghhh, 1 step further than last time though lol)

This is strange. Have you tried Redsn0w?

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

OMG, I tried redsnow and now its stuck on ‘installing activation bundles’ why has the lord forsaken me lol, what did i do to deserve this? Any ideas how to get past this?

ROFL. Dude your iPhone is a real bad a**. Try again! Someone here http://bit.ly/gBArtH pointed out that it’ll take around 10 mins.

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

Shock horror I’m in :P Wolverine you’ve been a star and i appreciate all your help. Btw I fixed it through redsnow. Back to church on Sunday now lol

ROFL! Mission impossible is finally complete :D

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

I’m having a bit of a nightmare. I’ve managed to get passed the 3194 errors and my phone starts downgrading. Unfortunately it stops half way through (iTunes says ‘restoring iphone firmware’) and gives me a 1015 error and the phone stays in DFU mode with the screen black. I’ve tried using tiny umbrella to kick it out of dfu mode but i cant select the kick it out button and with ireb i tried recovery mode loop fixer but that didn’t work either. Any suggestions?

When your iPhone is in recovery mode (iTunes logo and cable on screen) then connect it to your PC or Mac. Launch TinyUmbrella and FIRST CLICK your iPhone name from the side-panel and then click on Exit Recovery button. This will give you more clear idea http://bit.ly/bWtu6v

FlyingBlind2 years, 12 months ago

I’m stuck in dfu mode though. the screen is completely black

To kick your iPhone out of DFU, connect it to your PC or Mac and then press the Home+Power button until recovery loop kicks in.

Daniel Aguiar3 years ago

My iDevice is a iPod Touch 4G. It was previously on firmware 4.1 and not jailbroked. I was trying to update to firmware 4.3.1 and jailbreak it after that, but I got error 3194 even changing the host file than I tried with TinyUmbrella and its works but after that I got error 1600 and I tried to use the iReb and it works too, but I got stucked in DFU mode.

I tried iReb, TinyUmbrella, FixRecovery, and RedSnow to kick it out not nothing worked. Tried to Jailbreak with RedSnow, but it didnt work neither.

Thats my situation. Please help.

Thank You.

To restore stock or custom iOS 4.3.1 IPSW, you need SHSH blobs and when iTunes fails to fetch SHSH blobs from Apple or Cydia server, it throws error 3194. If you have saved iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs on Cydia, use this guide http://goo.gl/qTorp to fetch them and if you haven’t saved iOS 4.3.1 SHSH blobs, simply restore stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW to kick your iPod out of recovery mode loop.

Robin3 years ago

My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked. It has a baseband 4.10.1 and iOS 4.3.1. A factory unlocked phone can under no circumstances be locked, can it???
    Can I safely use the Sn0wBreeze and iREB etc to jailbreak it??
    Also can I upgrade my iOS and firmware without any worries of the phone getting locked??
    And after going to a higher version of the iOS or firmware can I downgrade??
    I am sorry for so many questions, but I am a newbie and a little nervous before trying to jailbreak the device!!

Wolverine3 years ago

1. If you are sure that it is factory unlocked then YES it will never get locked.
      2. There is no need to use Sn0wbreeze as your baseband is already updated. Use Redsn0w http://goo.gl/fjEQw
      3. Again your baseband is already updated, so you will not get locked on a newer firmware.
      4. It depends if you have saved SHSH blobs for lower firmwares or not.

Robin3 years ago

Thank you so much!!!
        Also when I first unpacked the phone and put in my sim and connected it to iTunes I immediately got the network.
        Additionally there was no Cydia or other application installed so that means that it is factory unlocked right?? Is there any other surefire way of knowing?? Thanks again for the help!!!

Tell me your iPhone model? Settings->General->About->Model.

Robin2 years, 12 months ago

Model:- MC603ZA

Robin2 years, 12 months ago

Oh and I did the jailbreak using RedSn0W Thanks a lot for the help!! Brilliant stuff :D

Jupitersstarz3 years ago

Hi, I have an iphone 3g that was unlocked and running on 3.1.2 with a baseband of 05.11.07. I tried to update to 4.1.2 using snowbreeze but that wasn’t working and put my phone in an eternal state of the snowflake logo. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations of restarting the computer, recreating the ipsw, etc, and had no luck at all. I then tried to restore to 4.1 instead with snowbreeze 2.0.2 and I’m getting the same problem. I’ve tried running ireb and now I am getting errors 1601 and 1604. I’m at a total loss of what to do next, please help!!! It just stays on the snowflake logo until the battery dies. Any advice on what to do would really be appreciated!

Wolverine3 years ago

Restore stock iPhone OS 3.1.2 again. Jumping from iOS 4.x.x to iOS 4.y.y requires SHSH blobs *Including iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G MB*

Jupitersstarz3 years ago

Ok so I restored to 3.1.2 fine, and then upgraded to 4.1 with snowbreeze 2.1. Everything worked perfectly, didn’t get any errors in itunes, except at the very end, the phone got stuck on the snowflake, and it still won’t every boot up. I’ve tried to kick it out of that with ireb and tinyumbrella, but they don’t do anything. Any other ideas?? I’m thinking of just going back to 3.1.2 and unlocking there but I’d really like to upgrade to 4.0!

Nahh! Why didn’t u used Limera1n instead of Sn0wbreeze? http://bit.ly/ci5E8n

Jupitersstarz3 years ago

Are you sure? Everything I’m reading says that I can’t use Limera1n with iphone 3g and if I do use it I can’t use ultrasnow to unlock anymore…

Wolverine3 years ago

Ops! I thought u hv 3GS. Answering so many questions at the same time creates real mess. Anyways, lets make it simpler. Just download the following iOS 4.1 custom IPSW and restore it with iTunes (iREB Needed)
            iPhone1_2_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw.001
            iPhone1_2_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw.002

Once downloaded, join them with HJSplit http://www.hjsplit.org/

Jupitersstarz3 years ago

omg THANKYOU! How did you create those though? Just curious because I spent so much time trying to fix it myself. It worked perfectly and my phone is now unlocked and working.

Andreas3 years ago

while restoring with itunes i get error 1002 on my 3GS 06.15 baseband (custom firmwire throusgh snowbreeze 2.5.1)

Wolverine3 years ago

As far as i know, error 37 and error 1002 is fixed in Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1. Make sure you are restoring iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 (NOT Sn0wbreeze 2.5)

Andreas3 years ago

well obviously didnt work for me…..the process stops at 99%! any ideas?

Wolverine3 years ago

Keep holding the Home button until the process gets complete.

Chino3 years ago

Wolverine I saw you helped a lot of people here. I was hoping that you could help me too. I have an iPod 4th Gen currently on 4.1 (greenpois0n-jb), now unfortunately everytime I open my iPod it only shows the cable and itunes logo. it wont boot normally because when it was connected and doing some transfers we had a power outage. so I decided to restore it, unfortunately the current 4.3.2 firmware I don’t like. so I’m attempting to restore the ipod in 4.2.1 which i have the ipsw for (iPod4,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw) but error 3194 keeps on popping up in itunes. with research i think this is because apple is not allowing restoration of its products on a lower firmware than the current 4.3.2 So I’ve tried iReb r4 unfortunately the error still goes on. I’m running out of ideas as to how to restore this ipod on 4.2.1 or 4.1 thanks in advance!

Wolverine3 years ago

Error 3194 means iTunes failed to find iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs for your iPod. To fix this error follow this guide http://bit.ly/elbsND

Chino3 years ago

Wolverine thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my iPod Touch 4G is still in Recovery Loop (won’t boot OS, just the connect to itunes logo) I fixed 3194 error by including cydia’s server on my hosts file. although when my recovery finally finishes it just ends up in error 14. as of this moment im going to try something i saw in youtube that involves deleting some files in itunes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxEtO0RqbqI) i don’t know if it’ll work though. Maybe you have some ideas? By the way im on a win 7 64bit PC, if that helps. Although i tried on a 32bit Win XP to no avail. Again, thank you Wolverine!

saru3 years ago

Hello,

For some reason that is beyond me, I can’t seem to enter DFU mode. I’ve tried all kinds of different combinations, trying to get my timing perfect, but nothing worked. When I push and hold both Home and Lock buttons, the Apple logo appears, but doesn’t disappear until my iPhone goes into recovery mode (in which it has been stuck, since I need to unlock it first). I’ve noticed that the Apple logo only comes up for 2 or 3 seconds in all the DFU videos I’ve watched.

I just spent a whole night trying to enter DFU mode and I’m so tired and frustrated.

Is there any possible solution/anything I may be doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

(Also, I know my problem doesn’t /exactly/ address your post, but you seem to be the most helpful person I’ve found on the topic so far, so excuse me :( )

Wolverine3 years ago

Ahhh! This is very common mistake and not many people know this fact that inorder to put any iDevice into DFU mode, you need to plug it into your PC or Mac otherwise pressing Home+Power will simply result in a restart. Either ur cable is faulty or it is not connected properly.

saru3 years ago

Thanks for replying!

Actually, I’m starting to suspect it’s my Lock button’s fault, since it’s been a bit problematic lately (I have to apply pressure on the top to make it work). Hadn’t considered it could be the cable messing with me. I actually had it replaced, since the cable that came with the iPhone broke. I’m using an enhanced cable I found on eBay. Think that’s the problem?

So, do you happen to know of any way to enter DFU mode without the buttons, then? I’ve tried out the solution given by this post http://bit.ly/hr5KTb but it didn’t work, sadly :/

Wolverine3 years ago

Yep there is a way http://bit.ly/hZdfIX but i am sure it is the connection between ur iPhone n PC which is problematic!

saru3 years ago

I’ve found that solution, but it’s useless to me. My sim card is not supported by iTunes, so I can basically do nothing with my iPhone. That’s why I want to Jailbreak and Unlock it.

Hm, I’ll give it another try or two and if all fails, I’ll just look around for an ‘official’ cable.

khan3 years ago

Bro I am running iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 BB 01.59.00 and i wish to update the iOS to 4.3.1
    So i know i have to preserve my baseband as i rely on ultrasn0w unlock.As i live in Bangladesh.
    So here is my question : how to preserve my baseband?

Method 1: If i choose “baseband preservation mode” on sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 and create custom ipsw and restore with that can i then jailbreak my device using redsnow 0.9.6 rc11 and unlock with ultrasnow 1.2.1?

Method 2: Or will i choose “expert mode” on snowbreeze 2.5.1 and check the box “activate my iphone” for hacktivation  and create custom ipsw and restore with it in jailbroken state and then unlock with ultrasn0w 1.2.1

Which method will work for me? please give a reply….i cant get any solid result anywhere thats why i need your help.
    Thanks.

Wolverine3 years ago

Both methods will work 100% but i will prefer 2nd one!

khan3 years ago

Thanx bro….method 2 worked just fine for me as u told….updated to 4.3.1 without any problem.
        A BIG thanX :-)

Spencer3 years ago

I used iReb to put my 3GS into a pwned DFU mode. Restored with the custom IPSW created by snowbreeze, and it keeps giving me an error code of 21…Never experienced this error code before. Any ideas?

Wolverine3 years ago

Error 21 http://bit.ly/fKxd0o means you have not put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode correctly. Even if you did, it kicks it into recovery before restoring which means your cable is lose and the phone disconnects and then connects back to your PC or Mac which put it into recovery instead of DFU.

shumvi3 years ago

iPhone3GS, upgrading iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.1, baseband 04.28.06

Hi, I used sn0wbreeze 2.5 to create my own custom firmware for 4.3.1 and followed the instructions to then restore it but it either froze itunes or gave me different error messages. I tried using another computer and it did the same so I used iReb following your instructions above to try and restore.

Unfortunately now my phone is stuck in DFU mode and everytime I restore it gives me error 1600. I’ve tried using iReb again and everytime it will recognise immediately that I’m already in DFU mode. I’ve tried TinyUmbrella to try and kick it out of DFU mode but that failed as well.

Can you please help me? Thanks

Wolverine3 years ago

You have to tell me the exact error code of iTunes you are getting. Every error code has a different solution. Anyways, if you have used iREB *correctly* there is no way you’ll get 16xx error. As you are telling that iREB detects your iPhone and puts in Pwned DFU mode immediately, well this is very common DFU loop.

To fix this:
      1. Disconnect your iPhone to PC or Mac
      2. Hold down Home+Power button until you see an Apple logo OR recovery screen
      3. To make sure there is no instance of iREB running in background, it is better to restart your PC. Make sure iREB is not running.
      4. Now connect your iPhone to your PC and use this video guide to put your iPhone in normal DFU mode http://youtu.be/bITIiGswjFI
      5. Once your iPhone is in DFU mode (Black screen)
      6. Launch iREB, select your iPhone and put it in Pwned DFU mode
      7. Restore iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW made with Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 http://bit.ly/hce8l8 with iTunes.
      8. I bet you wont get any error this time!

shumvi3 years ago

Hi

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I’ve forgotten all the previous errors I’ve been getting. Now at the moment no matter what I do I am always getting the 1600 error when I try to restore.

I’ve also seen on other websites people saying if you have used iReb correctly. Do you mind explaining what correctly means since at the moment I don’t even get to do anything other than let it recognise that my phone is in DFU mode.

As for holding down Home+Power until I see something, how long should I be holding because I have tried this before with the phone disconnected but nothing happens or at least its still a black screen. I have tried doing this also with the phone plugged in and I hear the disconnecting sound and then if I continue holding on I will hear the reconnecting sound again.

Maverick3 years ago

Repeat the same guide but change step 4:

4. Connect your iPhone to your PC. No matter in what state it is (Recovery mode, DFU mode or stuck at Apple logo), just follow steps below:

4.1 Hold down Home+Power button for exactly 10 seconds.
          4.2 After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for another 10 seconds (or until you hear the reconnecting sound again)
          4.3 Do not care what your iPhone displays during this procedure, after the previous step, your screen should be completely black
          4.4 Now launch iREB and let it put your iPhone in Pwned DFU Mode. In the end you will see screenshot as shown after step 7 in the above post.

DanielmAguiar3 years ago

I got exactly the same problem, and did exactly what you did.

When I use the iReb, in fact I didn’t got the 16xx error, but Im still stucked at DFU Mode. Even when iTunes is restoring it, the screen remains black during the process (it dont show the apple with the progress bar).

In first time it was in firmware 4.1 and I used TinyUmbrella and iReb to restore to 4.3.1 and after that I got stucked at DFU mode. I already tried RedSnow, TinyUmbrella, FixRecovery and iReb to kick out, but none one of that worked.

Please, help me.

Thanks for your attention.

You got iPad baseband?

tater3 years ago

I’ve just tried to restore the 4.2.1 custom firmware (downloaded, not built) onto my 3Gs with bb 04.26.08 and I’m still getting the 1601 error using iReb. I’m running TinyUmbrella too to get the SSH blob since I had been getting the 3194 error. Any ideas how to get past this 1601?

Do I need to go up to 4.3.1? I’m a little nervous to do so since there doesn’t seem to be consensus on it’s unlockability yet.

Thanks for your help.

Wolverine3 years ago

Why not build custom IPSWs yourself? Also if you have used iREB *correctly*, you will never get any 16xx error. But if you really used iREB correctly then there must be some issue with the PC or Mac from which you are restoring. Use this guide http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38633 to solve PC or Mac issue. Also do not restore to stock IPSW as your baseband is old and well-unlockable using Ultrasn0w.

Tater3 years ago

Wolverine,

Thanks for the help. Not sure what that 1601 was from, but when I built my own custom ipsw as you suggested, all worked fine.

One note for people out there trying to build an older custom firmware (I ended up on 4.2.1 instead of 4.3.1), you have to match the right Sn0breeze version with the iOS version. I was trying to build the custom 4.2.1 with Sn0breeze 2.5 thinking the latest could build them all, but I needed to use Sn0breeze 2.2.1. I just couldn’t fine that exact instruction anywhere though, so I hope this helps somebody.

Thanks for all the help and direction. You guys are great.

salman3 years ago

and it didnt work… after restoring my fone is still blocked… what to do need help

Wolverine3 years ago

You mean you are stuck on emergency call screen? What is your iPhone model? Baseband? Do you rely on unlock or not?

salman3 years ago

Yes i am stuck on emergency call screen.. its iPhone 3Gs .. actually i m using it in Pakistan and i dont know about carrier from where it has been released… i updated ios 4.2.1 but it did not affect any thng and it was working fine .. 2 days back i updated to ios4.3.1 and now it stuck on emergency call screen .. and in itunes it is showing the message that please insert compatible sim card to activate iphone… what to do…i cheked on internet they are saying there is no unlock release for ios 4.3.1… do u have any idea

Wolverine3 years ago

U must have restored to stock iOS 4.3.1 which might have upgraded your baseband to 05.16.02 which is unlockable at this moment. However you can use your iPhone (as iPod or install apps etc) by jailbreaking (hacktivating) it using this guide http://bit.ly/ieiJis As far as i know, in Pakistan no carrier officially support iPhone. So u must wait for the unlock after jailbreaking your iPhone.

salman3 years ago

is there any method to check baseband if your fone is locked…?
            yes i am waiting for unlock. hope it ll come early

Wolverine3 years ago

Yeap! You can use F0recast tool. Go get it from http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/f0recast.snow

salman3 years ago

hi once again..
            i have checked with forecast it is giving the details as mentioned below

base band 05.16.02
            seriel no.88952vwe3np
            bootloader 6.4
            model mc131
            jailbreakable? only with SHSH blobs
            Unlockable? No
            tethered? depends on Jailbreak

i just want to unlock can you please guide me a simplest method

Wolverine3 years ago

You got 05.16.02 bb which means you can only unlock it by upgrading to iPad baseband and YES, there are CHANCES that you will loose your GPS. To do that, download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here http://bit.ly/hce8l8 and use this guide http://bit.ly/ieiJis to upgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband to iPad baseband. Once done, use this guide http://bit.ly/fMlwem to install Ultrasn0w and this guide http://bit.ly/hY3x85 to install Ultrasn0w Fixer from PushFix repo.

salman3 years ago

i restored my iPhone3gs with itunes (shift +restore) but i got msg of error 18… instead of error it is restoring right now… any 1 knows what is this error all about..??

Wolverine3 years ago

Sorry Salman but iTunes can never throw error 18 (No official or unofficial documentation about this error). You must be reading it wrong. Send me the screenshot as a proof!

stonga3 years ago

Hello.

I think my problem comes from my custom firmware.
    I’ve succeed to restore an original firmware (I’ve got error 1601 in both cases custom AND original firmware) : thanks iREB!
    (After that I have used redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc9 to jailbreak my Ipod Touch.). I think the options used to created custom firmware induce 1601 restore error.

Wolverine3 years ago

Redsn0w is always a better choice for iPod Touch and iPad users :)

stonga3 years ago

Hello.
    I’ve done successfully this procedure. Unfortunatly I still have the 1601 error when I restore the custom firmware sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 3G-4.3.1.ipsw (created with sn0wbreeze-v2.5).
    Have you any idea? Thanks in advance.

Wolverine3 years ago

Fix it using standalone version of iREB. Use the instructions in the above post.

farhan3 years ago

i got it….. thank u so much…!

Wolverine3 years ago

When you unlock your iPhone with Ultrasn0w fixer, do confirm plz!

farhan3 years ago

Hey my iPhone 4 start now after 80 mints w8ting, but sim card not supported, why??? I restored my iPhone 4 4.3.1 custom IPSW, and then i run ibooty app, but now there has no signals… now wht can i do for that???

farhan3 years ago

hi i used ireb and then restored my iphone4 by custom ios 4.3.1, and now my iphone hang on apple logo, i w8ted 66 mints but still iphone on apple logo, wht can i do ??? any idea???

Wolverine3 years ago

Which version of Sn0wbreeze you used to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone 4? I think you are still using tethered jailbreak. To solve this issue, create iOS 4.3.1 custom IPSW with PwnageTool 4.3 or Sn0wbreeze 2.5.

farhan3 years ago

i restore 4.3.1 custom IPSW with snowbreeza 2.5 thats why my iphone4 hang on appl logo..!

Wolverine3 years ago

Sn0wbreeze 2.5 can jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered, so ideally your iPhone should not get stuck at Apple logo.

Randy3 years ago

iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw

Wolverine3 years ago

Wrong IPSW. You should use iPod4,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw. Get it from here http://bit.ly/ijDgpn

Randy3 years ago

iPod4,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw this one? for my itouch 4th?

Yeah!

Randy3 years ago

Thank u!!!!!! i was looking for a solution online for like an hour, and u helped me out! thank u!

Wolverine3 years ago

Welcome :) Ping me anytime when you need help!

Kaycee2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Wolverin. I have an iphone 3g and upgraded to 4.2 but got locked and didnt even recognise my sim cos I’m in Nigeria. Now trying to downgrade, i couldnt… i used iphone2,1_3.1.—–8G4_Restore.ipsw… what do i do pls..

What error you are getting? I don’t think iPhone 3G needs SHSH blobs when downgrading from iOS 4.2 to iPhone OS 3.x.x.

Randy3 years ago

im a noob at this, and i need help. i accidently updated my itouch 4th to 4.3.1 before the jailbreak got released. so now, when i try to restore it using the custom 4.3.1, it gives me an error, saying that it is not compatible. wut do i do so that i can restore it with custom firmware?

Wolverine3 years ago

Tell me the complete name of IPSW file you are trying to restore?

gilberto3 years ago

Meu iphone 4 com versao 4.2.1 esta ficando somente na tela prreta apos fazer qualquer jailbreck, podem me ajudar?