Exit iOS 4.3 Recovery Mode Loop with TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) [Windows & Mac]

As promised, Semaphore has released TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 which can now kick all those iDevices out of recovery who are stuck in infinite recovery mode loop after iOS 4.3 restore. According to Semaphore, the new version of TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) is based on Chronic-Dev Team's GreePois0n tool and it can be used to preserve iPhone 4 01.59.00 baseband.

TinyUmbrella FixRecovery Exit iOS 4.3 Recovery Mode Loop with TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) [Windows & Mac]
For those who don't know, upgrading to iOS 4.3 using TinyUmbrella or Saurik server leaves you in infinite recovery mode loop. This is due to an extra baseband protection introduced by Apple after iOS 4.2.1 to discourage people from upgrading to newer firmwares while preserving their basebands.

Usage of TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) is fairly simple. Just download stock iOS 4.3 IPSW for iPhone 4 from here and TinyUmbrella from here (Win | Mac). Click on Save SHSH button and then start TinyUmbrella's TSS Server. Once TSS Server is started, restore stock iOS 4.3 IPSW with with iTunes. When you get 1013 error, use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) to kick your iDevice out of recovery mode loop.

Tutorial: Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3 while Preserving 01.59.00 Baseband [How-To Guide]

Update#1: Some users reported that they are unable to use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 because of some missing zlib1.dll error. To fix this error, download zlib1.dll from here and place it in same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present.

TinyUmbrella Zlib1.dll Error Exit iOS 4.3 Recovery Mode Loop with TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) [Windows & Mac]
Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 for Windows
Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 for Mac OS X

Update#2: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.2/4.3.1 to Exit Recovery Loop
Update#3: Download TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3.3 to exit recovery mode loop

eslam1 year, 8 months ago

hello ; please  any body help me , i have a turbo sim iphone 4 was on ios 4.2.1 and bb 03.10.01 , it was jailbroken and by mistake i resetted the phone and i tried to restore a custom 4.2.1 and after resolving all itunes errors it passes but the phone stuck on dfu mode and i tried all possible means and tried fix recovery 4.3 it makes some words on the phone but after it finishes it goes back to itunes , i restored a custome 4.3.3 but all the same previous happened a gain and i still stuck on dfu mode , please any one can help?

jorjan1 year, 9 months ago

oh its on ios 4.2.1

jorjan1 year, 9 months ago

my iphone 3gs is stuck in recovery mode after i had recently tried to restore it it got 2 errors basically i tried resolving them but i keep on facing more first 1015 then 3194 my baseband is 6.15.00 and before i tried to restore it  it was say no service plz can some guide my step by step through this problem cause its real big problem oh and the hosts file is ok i think so dont worry about  tht

Amar Cakic2 years, 5 months ago

i got my on 4.2.1 and stuck in recovery, where can i find version for my ios and the zlib1.dll??’

hello2 years, 9 months ago

i tryed downgrading ios 5,0 to 4.3.5 and it worked but i used redsn0w to jailbreak 4.3 (i made a BIG mistake) and now my ipod touch is stuck in recovery mode
    i tryed downgrading to 4.3.3 but it is not compatible on my ipod touch 4g

Restore back to iOS 4.3.5 & JB if you need a tethered one. You can restore to an iOS only if you have the necessary SHSH saved for it already either on Cydia / TU. W/o it, a restore is not possible. You don’t have one for 4.3.3, so 4.3.3 isn’t an option for you to downgrade / restore to.

M S KHAN2 years, 11 months ago

OHHH MY GOD,,,,,,,,,,
    by mistake i upgrade to 4.3.5.and stucked sine month and feel like years and years so many option tryed but now sucsess ,,,,,,,,,
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

DewaMalam2 years, 11 months ago

Oh my Godness….
    Finaly I found a very Great posting.
    Thanks for being fine my second wife (iPhone4).

THANKS ….. THANKS …. THANKS
    U Great !!!!

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

many thanks my friend
    my phone is finally truely a live
    i can make calls
    thanks allah

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

my friend
    i have no wifi
    so i can not use Cydia to unlock . am i right?

i try to use all the iphone browsing applications to enter root directory
    but i faied

i cannot find afc2add
    what shall i do

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

yes you are right?
    WIFI is greyed
    call are not greyed
    but
    i want to unlock my iphone
    i need to make calls
    all the rest function of i phone is excellant
    except No wifi and bluetooth

as i told you
    when i but the sim card
    i can press call but the call not complete
    there is one dash in the signal dashes
    i.e., no signal or very weak signal
    i phone told me no carrier and no available network
    can you send me your email so as i can send you pictures about what i mean

many thanks for your efforts

You need to complete the unlock by installing Ultrasn0w from Cydia as well. Have you done that just yet? Read this http://bit.ly/lAcuoN.

ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

when there is a SIM card
    i can call
    but the call not complete
    and call not grayed

the call option is grayed only when there is no SIM card

Alright. Then your BB chip is safe in terms of placing calls. Its only your Wi-Fi that’s greyed out. Am I right? If so, then again its the hardware that’s causing this issue & there’s probably nothing that we can do about it until a BB downgrade tool becomes public from the iPhone Dev-Team to downgrade from 06.15.00. No ETA on that yet so no idea when its going to be out.

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

my friend
    the telephone was making calls before the updating while there was no wifi
    it means
    there was no wifi and i was able to make calls

what is your opinion

My opinion still stands. It is the BB chip that’s causing this issue. Are you able to make calls? Is your Call functionality greyed out?

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

dear friend you words are ture
    my basedand is 6.15.00
    i follow your link and i got iphone a life
    but with no signal (no network signal)
    iwhat can i do to unlock my iphone
    or can i downgrade to ealier baseband to be officially unlock
    what is better stay on 6.15.00 or downgrade

my situation is
    iphone 3gs 32 g v 4.1 bb 6.15.00
    i have no wifi
    i have no wireless on my i phone
    i this any solution to this

what can i do

Your BB chip is damaged. Its a hardware issue with the baseband chip of your iPhone. Neither iTunes will be able to gather any info from the BB chip of your device due to a missing IMEI/MAC Address. Your chip will no longer function & you’ll loose the functionality of your BT & Wi-FI. Ultimately you’ll not be able to place any calls either. All these options will be totally greyed out on your device. If your still under warranty, make sure you take it to the local Apple Store ASAP.

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

manymany thanks to you friend
    my phone came to life again
    i do your link
    i got my phone working without any errors
    can i update to version v 4.3.5
    using the same way
    i have no wifi
    issue

No, you cannot because 4.3.5 does not have an untethered JB as of now. Its best to stay put on iOS 4.1 itself. Also, you can update to iOS 4.3.3 if necessary only if Cydia lists 4.3.3 like this http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. What Modem FW version are you on currently?

Vaibhav2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Guys,

New to Apple products.
    I have iPod 4 (4.3.5), last updated in online on Sept 7, 2011.
    Then using instructions on Team Dev’s website, I tried jail-breaking it but everything got stuck at error 3194. I then using admin rights (in Windows Vista), changed the hosts file also, adding 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com. Saved it and tried downgrading my iOS to 4.3.3 but again same error (3194).

I then trying my hand at other things clicked the Redsn0w and the jailbreaking process began but after that my iPod is in “Connect to iTunes mode”

Tried home+power button but nothing worked.

Please help guys, as am new to this.

Thanks alot guys,
    VB

Being a brand new iPT4G, as of now, you cannot do any sort of restore / downgrade to any of the earlier versions other than iOS 4.3.5 itself because you do not have any kind of SHSH saved for your device / iOS to assist with the restore. Hence the 3194 errors. You may still jailbreak your current 4.3.5 via Redsn0w0.9.8b7, but still its only a tethered JB & you can do absolutely nothing about w/o an SHSH.

Belal Miah2 years, 11 months ago

Finally it worked for me after a very long time.
    I have been looking on youtube and other websites to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and no one really mentions about the tiny umbrella fix recovery. It does work guys you just need to be patient with it and must make sure your doing everything correctly.

Good luck…..

kellan2 years, 11 months ago

well i figured out what i had to do . i booted tethered and once it loads up go to reset and just do the whole shamwow . i didnt have anything on the iphone before so i knew it shouldnt take more than 30min . next while the circle was still spinning i put it into normal dfu mode i guess and clicked restore and im going to 4.3.5 i guess i just wanted it back to life again so i didnt try anything special . once this bar fills i guess im done . wait theres another one…and it was quicker …now it says connect to itunes…ok thats gone and its up and running ! 4.3.5 no cydia unlike before so im good i guess . so i guess its time to try that downgrade the right way .

Your downgrade would still fail since you do not have a valid SHSH for the iOS version to which you want to downgrade to. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX first & confirm for any previously saved SHSH for your device & only then proceed.

Ahmed2 years, 11 months ago

Dear friend
    My iphone is officially unlocked MC133AB From KSA
    so i donot need for Jailbraking it
    the problem is that my iphone is stucked in recovery mode and that happened when i tried to update it to version 4.3.5
    is the link that you sent me have the solution to this problem or not
    i need to be sure
    thanks a gain for youyr quick reply

Alright !! But your BB / Modem FW seems to have been already updated inspite of it being officially unlocked. Had you / anyone else attempted to unlock this iP3GS of yours by updating it to the iPadBB (06.15.00) ? Or had you updated to the latest iOS 5 betas / 4.3.5 already? 1015 error shows that your BB was updated one way or the other. Also, are you absolutely sure that your getting the 1015 whilst updating to stock iOS 4.3.5 via iTunes? If yes, then the link mentioned in my previous reply holds the solution to your issue. But all this wouldn’t have been a necessity if yours were indeed an officially unlocked iP3GS.

kellan2 years, 11 months ago

hey i was trying to downgrade to 4.3.2 from 4.3.5 using umbrella with out shsh and i didnt know what i was doing and i put it into pwned dfu mode from iREB-4 but it was for 3.xx to 4.xx so it got screwed up . now i cant put anything or restore the phone 3GS to anything like nothings working i will accept anything

You cannot achieve anything w/o having a valid saved SHSH blob specific for that iOS version. Since you do not have any, you can forget about restores / downgrade of any kind & stay on iOS 4.3.5 itself.

Ahmed2 years, 12 months ago

i have i phone 3gs 32 G it was on v 4.1 i tired to update it to v4.3.5, and i got error 1015 and stuck in recovery mode i tried alot of solutions that i found on google. finally i restored it (Shift+ Restor) to v4.1 when i was in DFU mode but also stuck in recovery mode
    i tried to use TU and redsnow and rain but also nothing done
    i use windows 7 ultimate on my laptop
    i have no shsh files
    my phone is stuck in recovery mode
    what can i do to make my iphone a live
    i didnot try your steps in this pages until now
    i want to ask first about the procedure
    thanks in advance

Well, your too late to save your device because you tried updating to iOS 4.3.5 w/o actually knowing that Ultrasn0w doesn’t work on it & therefore your iPadBB will not work either. All what you can do right now is to restore back to a custom 4.1 iOS. Use Sn0wbreeze http://bit.ly/rq4MtY to create one & restore to it. Avoid updating your device until you have confirmed that a JB / unlock works absolutely fine on it.

hary sankula3 years ago

Pls help! am in need. i updated my iphone 3G to ios 4.2.1 and in the mid an error occured 1015. and nw its in recovery mode. im using tinyumbrella too to exit it from recovery mode but that stuff is showing only one tab availabe i,e.. FIX RECOVERY and even it shows THIS DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED! and i want my phone badly to exit from recovery mode. i first upgrade ios 3.1.3 to 4.0 but there was an issue. there was no signals and sometimes it shows invalid some so i upgraded it to 4.2.1 now im stucked! pls help me out ASAP!

Pramod3 years ago

Use the FixRecovery button that shows up in TU to kick your device out of the recovery loop that your in right now. Also, looks like you have already updated you BB to an iPad BB. So, you need to complete the unlock as well by using Ultrasn0w from Cydia by jailbreaking your device first.

Joel3 years ago

That doesn’t work for me, I still get error 1015
    that’s why I was trying tinyumbrella to begin with.

Pramod3 years ago

As I asked earlier, I mentioned If you do not rely on an unlock, only then use the stock IPSW. By the look of your error, I believe you do rely on one & that you have also updated your BB to an iPad’s BB as well.

vickram3 years ago

Hey Pramod ,
    I had 6.15 / 4.0.1 on my iphone 3gs and there were some wifi issues so I decided to upgrade to 4.3.3
    I downloaded custom 4.3.3 firmware and using tinyumbrella I restored to that .
    Everything went smooth and I got message that phone has been restored to factory settings , and then as expected it is blank.

I used fixrecovery 4.3 on that and I saw the msg exiting libpoison after that black window disappeared and something was going on on my iphone .. then after sometime iphone is blank again.

I tried using redsnow 0.9.6rc15 on top of it but that didnt help either .

Please help.

Pramod3 years ago

Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX. You simply updated your iOS to 4.3.3 w/o actually confirming first if you had any SHSH saved for your device. Only a valid SHSH can restore your device with success. Also, you used TU w/o any SHSH saved locally either. This helps absolutely in no way at all. Read the guide mentioned above & follow the steps.

AAlaa3 years ago

you save,made my day thanx

Joel3 years ago

Hey so I just got an iphone 3g (I’m aware I am behind the times but you should see what I was using before this lol)
    I got white screen’d and one of the solutions was to hold the sleep and home button, which me doing ultimately lead to putting my phone unintentionally into recover mode.
    I any case I’m trying to kick it now so I’m trying to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.2.1 and nothing is working. I downloaded the iOS’s, then downloaded tinyumbrella, when I tried opening tinyumbrella I got zlib1.dll error, downloaded that got the msvcr80.dll error, downloaded that and put it into system32 and STILL have no luck.
    I just want to use my damn phone :(
    Any advice?

Pramod3 years ago

If you do not rely on an unlock, restore to stock iOS 4.2.1 via iTunes. That should solve this issue.

Roy3 years ago

Thank you so much yes yes yes yes yes yes yes….
    My iPhone coming from the hell
    Thank you so much bro, and it’s working perfect iOS 4.3.5 I don’t want to downgrading because it’s so fast…

Roy3 years ago

i used the ifaith software i clicked the dumb shsh blobs and then i not followed the rules of DFU because my iphone4 always in the recovery mode and ifaith stuck in the “Apple loge” i saw my iphone4 display that say ‘unable to find byte sequence’ so what can i do now pleas replay me

Pramod3 years ago

Unable to find the byte sequence suggests that your running a tethered JB of your iOS already or there isn’t an iOS itself on your iPhone. Right now all you can do is to update your iOS to 4.3.5 & then downgrade it later. Open up TU & set it to these settings http://bit.ly/mT3R3e & quit it. Now, assuming that you do not rely on an unlock, Shift+Restore via iTunes to 4.3.5. This should work just fine.

Aviv3 years ago

After doing everything u wrote, me iphone went black screen.
    i had 4.1.2 and i tried to restore my device using ipsw 4.3.3
    using tiny umbrella and iReb. so my iphone was stuck in that loop.
    but ur instructions doesnt work. why is that? it seems in the log that everything was going down fine- but me iphone is still black.
    how come?? plz help!

Homqge3 years ago

Hay I’m trying to fix my friends 3GS that is stuck in the loop. I have tryed the fixrecovery and tinyumbrellas built in fix recovery and they didn’t work. We don’t know what the original iOS is but I tried upgrading it to 4.3.5 and it seemed to work but it’s still stuck in the loop. Can u tell me what I can be doing wrong or step by step what I should be doing

Pramod3 years ago

FixRec will not work either on 4.3.4 or 4.3.5. Your only way to resolve this issue is to restore using a custom IPSW to that version for which you have an SHSH blob saved for your device either on Cydia (http://bit.ly/qS5bjW) or by TU. So, ask yourself/your friend if anyone of you have infact saved any. This is the only way out.

Richie la3 years ago

Hi pramod thanks for your help I have one more concern. The iPhone has never been jailbroken before so will snowbreeze work on my 3GS new bootrom phone? Everything I read said must be jailbroken on 3.1.2 first!!!

Pramod3 years ago

Not necessary. If there was something like that, I would have mentioned it already.

Richie la3 years ago

Hi pramod so if I have it right I find the 4.1 firmware on my machine I use snow breeze to make the custom firmware put my iPhone in pwned state. Do I leave TU run in the backround when I do this process?

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, all that together with the TSS Server switched ON in TU.

Richie la3 years ago

In TU it says saved shsh for iPhone and it lists 4.1/ 4.3.5 should I try downgrading to 4.1 and how should I do it ???

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, you can try the 4.1 restore in the same manner just like the previous iOS install. Create custom IPSW, put your device in a pwned DFU state, Start TSS Server (Only if your absolutely sure the 4.1 SHSH is for your device & its saved locally on your machine) & Shift+Restore from iTunes.

Richie la3 years ago

Hi pramod I set TU as you said and shift and restore in iTunes I hit error 3194 almost straight away. Will I turn on TU server ???

Pramod3 years ago

Don’t even bother to restore because you simply do not have an SHSH blob saved for your device on Cydia for iOS 4.3.3. You can try the same for other earlier versions of the iOS with custom IPSWs the same way, but if you still continue to receive the 3194 errors, going back to iOS 4.3.5 is the only way out. Without the SHSH blobs there is absolutely no way for you to restore to an earlier iOS version.

Roy3 years ago

hello my iphone4 is in the always recovery mode i try to cancel it but its still in the recovery mode and i was used the disk aid software because it has some unwanted file thats why im used that then my phone’s disk space is 183mb only i restart myphone but that still in the recovery mode i thing my ios has been corrupt now i want to install the ios and restore i have 4.3.2 ios if i do that that say error 3194 so how can i fix it pleas somebody help me

Pramod3 years ago

Why do you even think of deleting something that you do not know? Those could be the system files that you have just deleted. Do you have an SHSH blob saved for your device? On iOS 4.3.2? Try using iFaith http://bit.ly/qIa3E7 to save one (i.e if you haven’t tried anything serious right after you have posted this).

mo3 years ago

no ive had the iphone since last november … i upgraded it to 4.3.5 because i had so much stuff on it it was running really slow, now i just wanted to downgrade it 4.3.3 and see if i can then jailbreak it cus without jailbreaks..iphones are so boring! .. do i restore back to 4.3.5 through itunes? as in jus connect and let its do its thing?

thanks for the help

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, as i believe you do not rely on an unlock. So go ahead & restore via iTunes to iOS 4.3.5 again, JB using Redsn0w0.9.8b5 (still tethered) & have a look at Cydia.

mo3 years ago

Hey paramod! need abit of help i tried downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 so i could jailbreak my iphone untethered and not sure whats happened but im stuck in recovery mode now .. never used tiny umbrella or fix recovery .. how do i use em jus to get out of recovery mode?

Pramod3 years ago

Is this a new iPhone that your trying to downgrade to iOS 4.3.3? If so, don’t even bother to try the restore because there is no way that you will have an SHSH blob saved for that device on any of the earlier versions of the iOS. If not, restore back to iOS 4.3.5, jailbreak your device using Redsn0w0.9.8b5 & fire up Cydia’s homepage & have a look here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you see iOS 4.3.3/any of the earlier iOS versions, then your in luck. Else, staying on iOS 4.3.5 is your only option.

Richie la3 years ago

Hi there I am wondering if you can help. I have an iPhone 3GS new bootrom I am not sure what firmware was on it. I made a custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.7.3 of 4.3.3 I restored it in iTunes with no problem. It is stuck in recovery loop! I tried fix recovery 43 but it didn’t work. I did not have saved shsh 4.3.3 is that why it didn’t work. When I go into tiny umbrella it tells me I am running firmware 4.3.3 and BB 05.16.02 can you advise me what to do

Pramod3 years ago

First, open up TU & set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Do not open it up again. Next, use iTunes & Shift+Restore to your custom created iOS 4.3.3 IPSW in a pwned DFU mode ONLY. Let me know if you now get any kind of errors.

Guy3 years ago

Damn i love you man, you saved my ass!

John3 years ago

Hi, Is their a recovery fix for 4.3.4? I am stuck on the recovery mode screen and tried both tinyumbrella “exit recovery mode” and fixrecovery after jailbreak and my phone is still stuck on the recovery mode screen.

Pramod3 years ago

There are mixed results of FixRec43 not working on iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5 as well. If both has failed, you might want to try a downgrade to an earlier version instead using your saved SHSH blobs.

Lee Hughes3 years ago

Thanks for this but i’m still having a few problems. I have a 3GS and i’m because im traveling I got my phone unlocked for a global sim. The lastest iphone update (at the time of writing) has put it into recovery mode and I have tried so many things but nothing will get rid of the itunes connect logo.

When using TU it doesn’t even recognize the iphone. I can’t select kick out of recovery mode. I have tried the zlib1.dll method but still back in recovery mode.. I’m pretty lost at the mo

Pramod3 years ago

You can only restore to an earlier version of your iOS if you have saved SHSH blobs for your device via Cydia/TU. Also you need to perform the restores using a custom cooked IPSW ONLY.

Shaw3 years ago

Where can I find a custom IPSW for iOS4.3 for iPhone 4? I found one off a forum but it didn’t work. (didn’t even get to the recovery mode stage)(i think it was a 1604 error)

I also don’t see a sn0wbreeze version that can create a custom ipsw for 4.3

Pramod3 years ago

Only if you have the SHSH blobs saved for any iOS version will you able to upgrade/restore to that version. Also, 4.3 doesn’t have an untethered JB, so you might want to move to a different iOS version which does have an untethered JB.

jenish3 years, 1 month ago

i have iphone 3gs oldbootroom..ios 4.3.2.i tried to restored it to 4.3.3 with snowbreeze as i m on ipad baseband..but it gives me 14 error?any help plzzzzzz
    plzzz

Pramod3 years ago

Do you have the SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.3 on Cydia? Also error 14 suggests a bad custom IPSW image or a bad USB cable. You might want to retry the same process on a different computer with a different custom IPSW (created by PwnageTool).

Twecolate3 years, 1 month ago

One more thing, in the sn0wbreeze, do I select Baseband Preservation mode, Simple mode, or Expert mode when building the custom firmware? Thanks

Every mode saves the BB. Go with the Simple mode if its your first time.

Twecolate3 years, 1 month ago

Exactly what I did with sn0wbreeze. Could I be doing something wrong? I still have the custom firmware I made with sn0wbreeze on my desktop. I just tried restoring to that custom firmware and I’m getting error 1600. Ugh!!!

You need to put your device into a Pwned DFU mode first before you restore your device from iTunes with a custom IPSW. Use Redsn0w.

Twecolate3 years, 1 month ago

Sir, I have tried everything possible to get my gf’s iPhone 3G out of Recovery mode. I’m going crazy! “Fix Recovery” in TINY UMBRELLA gets stuck at “Fix Recovery has finished. Allow device to reboot!” but it never does. I get the 1015 error whenever I try to restore to a custom firmware. Please help!

Use a custom IPSW for your restore & not the stock Apple’s IPSW since you have updated your BB to an iPads BB. Create one for the iOS your trying to restore to using Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool.

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

Oh ok. Thanks so much. Appreciate it :)

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

So in this case, there are only two possible firmwares to go to, which is 4.2.1 and 4.3.5 when updated? Am I right? And there’s no way to get to 4.3.3?

Yes. That’s exactly what all I have told you means. I repeat NO SHSH NO Upgrade/Restore.

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

But the version in the phone is 4.2.1. Will saving shsh blob via tiny umbrella for firmware 4.2.1 also save the shsh blob for 4.3.3? If you know what I mean.

You cannot via TU, but you definitely can save the 4.2.1 SHSH ONLY it using iFaith 1.2.1. Download it from here & follow the same instructions as mentioned here http://bit.ly/qIa3E7. Remember, this will save ONLY your current iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blob.

Hector3 years, 1 month ago

My iphone 3GS had 4.2.1 and I tried to updated with a sn0wbreeze custom ipsw 4.3.3,itunes restored it but my iphone is stuck in recovery mode, I used fixrecovery43 but when it finish and the iphone finish with the rest, the iphone still is stuck on recovery mode. So now I cannot get out of recovery mode. I will really appreciate your help. Thanks

Have you used the latest version of Sn0wBreeze 2.7.3 ? Also, have you made sure that your bootrom version is the right one while creating the IPSW? Did you error out during the restore?

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

And just to clarify one more thing, is there a way to update the firmware from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 instead of going to 4.3.5?

Again, the SHSH blobs will always come into play. No SHSH, No restore/downgrade/update to any iOS is possible.

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

Okay thanks so much :)

Homage3 years, 1 month ago

i quickly skimmed throuth the list of coments and didnt notice what im looking for. is there any way possable to downgrade from 4.3.4. back to 4.3.3 with out saving the shsh blobs?

i know that 4.3.5 is out now and i have saved my shsh from 4.3.4 so if all fails i can go back to 4.3.4 if i decide to upgrade to 3.5.

Not possible if you have never saved one for your device. You can very well go back to iOS 4.3.4, but not any version lower than that unless you have the specific SHSH blobs for that particular version.

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks so much. I’ve done it, downgraded and jailbroken it. But I want to ask something, hope you will help. It’s regarding my friend’s phone. If he’s on 4.2.1 and he wants to update to 4.3.3 and jailbreak, what should he do? By saving shsh for 4.2.1 will he be able to downgrade to 4.3.3?

You mean update to 4.3.3. No, he’ll still need an SHSH blob saved for iOS 4.3.3 by Cydia. If he’s jailbroken already, ask him to have a look on top of Cydia’s homepage here http://bit.ly/p07pX2 & see if he’s having iOS 4.3.3. If not, he cannot update.

cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

hey. ive already tried using pwnagetool and did a custom ipsw for 4.3.3. but when i go to itunes to restore it, it says ‘The iPhone ‘iPhone’ could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.’ What does this means?
    is there something to do with the hosts file cause ive tried other methods previously which requires changing some gs.apple.com or something. please i need your help. thanks!

Yes, it definitely has to do with the hosts file. You need the SHSH blobs saved for the FW your trying to restore to on Cydia. If you don’t have one, you cannot restore. Read this first http://bit.ly/pUDssX & see what SHSH blobs were you able to save & then cook a custom IPSW for that version alone and then restore.

cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

so..what do i do now? it seems like sn0wbreeze is for windows users only. im using mac so i dont think it’ll work,right?

Use PwnageTool instead if your on the Mac to create custom IPSWs.

Cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

So where do I download the custom ipsw? And what the exact procedures to downgrade my firmware? Cause I’ve been doing a lot of research and there are many methods out there so I’m a bit confused. Thanks.

Use Sn0wBreeze to create one. Since I believe your able to go though the 4.3.3 restore, you’ll have no issues in restoring to the custom as well.Follow this http://bit.ly/mbFORU. Make sure that you use the latest 2.7.3 version of Sn0wB.

cruzman3 years, 1 month ago

hey. im in need of help due to the error 1013 occurring in itunes while i was trying to downgrade my firmware from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and restore it. i have no idea what to do next. after the error appeared, my phone just went into the recovery mode and stood there. i managed to restore it back to 4.3.5 so that i can at least use my phone in the day when im out. what should i do to properly downgrade my firmware from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without those errors appearing?

Use a custom IPSW created by Sn0wBreeze/Pwnageool & use that to restore your iPhone. Using the stock IPSW will never give you a successful restore whilst a downgrade.

Jennifer3 years, 1 month ago

Just managed to restore my 4.3.3 Jailbreak of Snowbreeze. I did not sync and installed UltraSn0w. Put in another sim card (that has no service, but is from Fido instead of Telus) and message that my sim card is not supported. How come my unlock did not work?

What is your BB/Modem Firmware version? Did it belong to the list of supported BB versions of Ultrasn0w? If not, then that’s the reason why your unlock dint work.
      EDIT: Your iP4 cannot be unlocked via Ultrasn0w. The only way to get it unlocked is by using a Gevey SIM interposer.

ryany3 years, 1 month ago

hi yesterday i acidentley updated my jailbroken iphone 4 from ios 4.1 to 4.3.4 it went into recovery mode and i got out of it i then today downloaded redsnow and ipws 4.3 and atempted to jailbreak using redsnows steps it got all the way to the pwnapple and then went into recovery mode asking to connect to itunes it wont let me restore to 4.3.4 it wont let me rejailbreak just throws up errors saying process failed please help thanks

You might want to try that restore on a different computer. iOS 4.3.4 can only be jailbroken using Redsn0w0.9.8b3. You need to use this precise version of Redsn0w and not anything else. Please quote the errors that you see on iTunes.

zanderson3 years, 1 month ago

I have iphone 3 g, i reset it and had no backup now it cant start. i have tried to restore it via itunes, but i keep getting a drop in the network, so i have to start over again and it is like 420.2MB of file to download, please help

Which iOS version IPSW are you trying to download?

xcel3 years, 1 month ago

My friend’s iphone is NOT jailbroken but stuck in recovery mode, he has never backed up his phone and has many many pictures he needs off of that phone. He bought a new phone cause he didnt run the risk of losing the pics. Its a 3gs and not sure what ios its on… any help would be great

Try the FixRecovery method mentioned in this post first to see if that resolves your issue. (Assuming that your on iOS 4.3.x)

xi3 years, 1 month ago

Aww, was afraid of this. Okay, guess I’ve got no choice then. Please could you alert me when a jailbreak for 4.3.4 is released? I’m using the wifi-only version, so no need for an unlock.

Thanks a lot Pramod, much appreciated. Cheers.

Sure. Watch out for the updates on Jaxov.com.

xi3 years, 1 month ago

Err… Right. I have never used tinyumbrella before today. So don’t have any previous versions saved. Did I do something wrong? Can it be fixed?

I’m afraid you cannot do anything about it. You’ll have to remain unjailbroken on your iPad2 on iOS 4.3.4.

xi3 years, 1 month ago

@ Pramod, yes, I clicked on “save SHSH” on tiny umbrella, and waited for it to save (though it seemed to have saved SHSH for 4.3.4 instead, dunno whether thats what its supposed to do).

Would really appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks!

Seems like you have never used TinyUmbrella to save your previous iOS versions SHSH. Am I right?

xi3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, have got a big problem. Tried to update my ipad2 from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3, so that I could jailbreak. So I downloaded 4.3.3 ipsw from limera1n’s site and tried updating using tinyumbrella (first time I ever used tinyumbrella).

During the restore process, I got an error message saying the ipad could not be restored, error 1604.

Now I’m stuck on the recovery screen, (connect to itunes symbol). PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP!!!

PS. I’m a mac user, if that helps….

Did you have your SHSH files saved for the iPad 2 on Cydia or do you have them saved using TinyUmbrella?

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Thank you much Pramod for you help so far.

You are a savior.

Shaw3 years, 1 month ago

I am trying to downgrade my iphone4 from 4.3.4 to 4.3. Everything runs well until the recovery loop where I get stuck. The “exit recovery” only disconnects the device and starts it back to the recovery mode. I tried to go DFU -> Fix Recovery where it quickly says its done (matter of seconds) then tells me to “Allow device to reboot!” when i reboot it still boots into recovery mode.

Is it because I am perhaps not using a custom IPSW? Although this article states the stock IPSW works..
    iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore is the file name

Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Yes, stock IPSW is what FixRecovery works best with. Use a custom IPSW restore instead.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Okay. Thanks for informing me. I really appreciate your help so far.

I don’t like the dock in 3.1.3 and I can not set a wallpaper on the background of the homescreen, it can be set on the lock screen only.

Furthermore, double pressing the home button does not show me the minimized applications, however, it takes me to the favorites. Though,I understand, it can be changed to some other options but not to the minimized apps in order to close them.

What is the next best version in which I can get these things.

Thanks.

To set a wallpaper for your HomeScreen as well, download and install WinterBoard from Cydia. That should also help you in getting your dock transparent as well because it has settings to tweak almost anything. Give it a try. By default, Multitasking is disabled on the iP3G and believe me its there for a reason. It makes your iP3G as slow as a snail if it was enabled due lack of processing power & RAM. The best is iOS 3.1.3 in my personal opinion.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Yes, i did. Finally had to go to Gaffar, New Delhi, India and got it fixed.

Now I have 3.1.3 and I don’t like it.

What if I upgrade to atleast 4.0.1?

Please help. I had to pay a huge amount of money. I don’t want to do this again.

Re-download a custom IPSW for iOS 4.0.1 and follow the same instructions to restore. Bear in mind that its going to be alot slower than 3.1.3.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

No sir, no error. Everything went so smooth.

Did you give iReb a try after that?

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

I had 4.2.1 in my ip3g, downloaded iREB and 3.1.3.ipsw from the links, given by you.

Using iREH, put the phone in Pwned DFU mode, restored 3.1.3 on the phone. Everything is fine till here. Now my phone is not able to exit recovery mode.

Please please help.

Did iTunes return any error?

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

It did not work. It is still stuck in Recover mode.

Explain the steps followed by you in detail.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Ty so much. Pramod. I am downloading that now.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for correcting me.

Please help me find custom IPSW 3.1.3 for 3G. I can only find 4.2.1 and above.

Oops. Sorry. My bad. I have just updated my previous comment to your same query. Have a look here.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Sir, I have downgraded it to 3.1.3 but it is stuck in recover mode.

And I downloaded “iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw” from iClarified.com.

I suppose, I did the right thing.

That’s wrong. Your still using the stock IPSW which is not what I had suggested. Please read my earlier comment.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

Yes, you are right Pramod. Please let me know how can I use Custom IPSW?

Download the custom IPSW for iOS 3.1.3 for your iP3G from here http://bit.ly/ivIkMg and restore to it. Make sure that you put your device into a Pwned DFU mode before you do the restore using iReb. For iReb see this: http://bit.ly/k8MNtA.

Nishith3 years, 1 month ago

I tried to downgrade from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3. Mine is 3G. Now phone is stuck in Infinite recover mode. I am not able to exit it. Have used Rec boot, Tiny umbrella, iReb, Redshow, EasyiRecobery and Fixrecovery.

Please help.

Seems like you have restored to 3.1.3 using Apple’s stock IPSW. You need to use a custom IPSW and restore to that instead since your BB has been updated.

Ace3 years, 1 month ago

I’m currently stuck in the infinite loop downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3.. tiny umbrella doesn’t do anything when I clicked exit recovery.. so I used “fixrecovery”. it did all these processes and when I got to “Resetting device counters” it stops at 64.8%.. is that suppose to happen or does anyone have any other ideas?

Use a custom IPSW. Create it by using Sn0wBreeze, put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU mode and restore to that instead. You should have no more restore errors. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/lujZTw

Lucian3 years, 1 month ago

Dude i tried everything there is to try but everything works fine TILL THE END WHEN IT JSUT COME BACK AS IT WAS BEFORE I TRIED IT!!! EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NO ERROR OR WEIRD STUFF IT DOES EVERYTHING FINE BUT THEN WHAT HAPPENS IS IT JSUT GO BACK TO HOW IT WAS STUCK IN THE FREAKING aPPLE LOGO LIKE IF ITS TETHERED!!!

IpOD tOUCH 4g
    4.3.3
    JAILBREAKED WITH JAILBREAKME.COM

(Avoid using BOLD letters within comments)
      Yes, this was an issue with JBMe3. It is now fixed by comex himself and so now you can go ahead and re-jailbreak your iPT4G. Right now, make sure that you restore to a fresh iOS 4.3.3 iOS installation and follow it up with JBMe3.

sanjeev3 years, 1 month ago

hello friends
    I am restoring my iphone but error comes 1015.And i am unable to restore from tinyumbrella plz help.it blinks and again massage comes connect with i tunes
    Iphone Model is 1013

Please verify your iPhone model once again and explain in more detail what your trying to achieve here.

L A Shah3 years, 1 month ago

i have try it on three diffrent pc

This shows that your registry is failing due to some errors. A ‘broken’ link or corrupted registry can lead to a Microsoft visual C++ runtime error r6034 and various other problems. Some other program within your computer is causing this issue. you’ll need to zero in onto the .dll file of the program that’s causing this issue. It should be there within the error message itself. Your msvcr80.dll is causing this error. Read more here to resolve this.
      Its very hard to believe your facing this issue on 3 different PC’s. Have you honestly tried them on 3 different PC’s?

L A Shah3 years, 2 months ago

Now I got
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
    R6034

That’s weird !! why don’t you try the same process on a different PC instead?

l a shah3 years, 2 months ago

I have problem to run fixrecovery43.exe this application has failde to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found
    what can i do?

Download the MSVCR80.dll from here & move it to the C:\Windows\System32 location.

Rien3 years, 3 months ago

Hallo,

Mijn Iphone geeft alleen maar de tekst van het logo van itunes,en als die is aan gesloten met itunes geeft die de melding dat er een fout is op getreden 1015.Wie kan mij helpen met dit probleem??

Groet Rien

redbanana3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks a lot

jay3 years, 4 months ago

i m trying to downgrade from 4.3.2 to 4.3.1 help please…..

alex3 years, 5 months ago

you have no idea how thankful i am. that .dll issue has been haunting me for the past week ive been researching for so long. thank you soo much :D

sukhbira3 years, 5 months ago

Step 1: Reinstall the 4.2.1 Original firmware on to your Iphone and you will get the 1015 error (Which is normal)

Step 2: Open redsnow and choose the Original 4.2.1 firmware and after verifying click on enter pwnd DFU mode then do the process…

Step 3. Open back up itunes and point to the ****Custom firmware *****and let it install. You will not get any errors but the phone will go back to recover loop. PLEASE LISTEN WHEN I SAY THIS YOU CAN USE TINY UMBRELLA OR ANY OTHER EXIT RECOVERY PROGRAMS IT WILL NOT WORK.

Try this it works 100000000%

sukhbira3 years, 4 months ago

thanx alot

Marc3 years, 5 months ago

This is great. I simply want to reinstall 4.2.1 but once I use fixrecovery to get out of the loop, I am unable to run Greenpois0n to install cydia. What is the best way to re-install 4.2.1 and re-jailbreak?