After jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool bundles, you will find Ultrasn0w broken due to Apple ASLR security feature. DjayB6 (@DjayB6) who previously released iOS 4.3 and iOS 4.3.1 PwnageTool bundles for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad has just released Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 4.3.1.
UPDATE#1: iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad. After jailbreaking your iPhone with Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1, you DO NOT need to install this Ultrasn0w Fixer anymore. Just follow step-by-step guide here to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone using Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 and use this guide to unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w 1.2.
UPDATE#2: If for some reason, the fixer by DjayB6 is not working for you, iH8sn0w has released his own Ultrasn0w fixer which works for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS users. Get it from here.
- iPhone OS 3.0 ~ 04.26.08
- iPhone OS 3.1 ~ 05.11.07
- iPhone OS 3.1.2 ~ 05.11.07
- iPhone OS 3.1.3 ~ 05.12.01
- iOS 4.0 ~ 05.13.04
- iOS 4.0.1 ~ 05.13.04
- iOS 4.0.2 ~ 05.13.04
- iOS 4.1 ~ 05.14.02 via 06.15.00
- iOS 4.2 ~ 05.15.04 via 06.15.00
- iOS 4.2.1 ~ 05.15.04 via 06.15.00
- iOS 4.3 ~ 05.16.01 via 06.15.00
In order to use Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 4.3.1, you must jailbreak your iPhone using DjayB6's PwnageTool bundles. To jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 3GS using PwnageTool bundles, follow this guide.
Steps to Install Ultrasn0w Fixer on iOS 4.3.1:
Before installing Ultrasn0w Fixer, you must install Ultrasn0w from its official repo. Follow step-by-step guide here to install Ultrasn0w 1.2 on your jailbroken iPhone using Cydia. Once Ultrasn0w has been installed, use the guide below to install Ultrasn0w Fixer from DJayB6 repo:
- Open Cydia app on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section.
- Tap on the Edit button on the top-right corner followed by a tap on Add button at the top-left corner of Cydia. Enter http://djayb6.com/ as Cydia/APT URL and click on the Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia downloads and updates its repository list.
- Once you are done with adding Ultrasn0w repo, tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type Ultrasn0w Fixer in the search field.
- Tap on Install button on the top-right to install Ultrasn0w Fixer on your device.
- Once installation is complete, enjoy your fully jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.1.
Update#1: Ultrasn0w Fixer has been updated to v1.1.0-0. Launch Cydia and grab the latest build from DjayB6 repo.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback