Semaphore has just released TinyUmbrella (Recovery Fix) v4.21.14 for Windows and Mac OS X. Previously TinyUmbrella (Recovery Fix) was only available to Mac OS X users. For those who don't know, this special edition of TinyUmbrella can help those who are stuck in infinite recovery mode loop after iOS 4.2.1 restore using TinyUmbrella or Saurik’s server.
How to Exit Recovery Mode Loop Using TinyUmbrella (Recovery Fix):
- Download and install TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) app. At this stage you will notice that the Fix Recovery button is disabled.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode by using the instructions below:
- Turn off your iPhone completely.
- Press and hold the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home for another 10 seconds.
TIP: If for some reason you failed to put your iPhone into DFU mode using the above instructions, just follow this video guide.
Other than Fix Recovery option, TinyUmbrella v4.21.14 can save iOS 4.3 Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3 and GM SHSH blobs for your iDevice. To save iOS 4.3 SHSH blobs, you do not need to have a jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad and neither it is compulsory that it should be running any iOS 4.3 beta or GM on it.
Update#1: Semaphore has updated TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 with more simple interface. Get the latest version from the links below:
Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 [Windows | Mirror]
Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) for iOS 4.2.1 [Mac | Mirror]