iBooty 2.1 Released: Fixes Waiting for iBSS Isse on iPod Touch 4G/3G

iH8sn0w has just released iBooty 2.1 which now fixes Waiting for iBSS issue which was mainly experienced by iPod Touch 4G/3G users. Many iPod Touch users were unable to boot their iDevices into tethered jailbroken state after iOS 4.3 jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1. iH8sn0w has also released Sn0wbreeze 2.3b2 which now adds Multitasking Gestures option in Settings app for all iDevices.

iBooty 2.1
Note that when you jailbreak iOS 4.3 using Sn0wbreeze 2.3 (beta 1 or beta 2), it automatically creates iBooty directory along with iOS 4.3 custom IPSW file on your desktop. To boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state, iBooty 2.1 requires DFU file which is unique for every iDevice.

If you already have jailbroken your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using Sn0wbreeze 2.3 beta 1 and do not want to recreate iOS 4.3 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze 2.3 beta 2 to get iBooty 2.1, just use the download links below and follow this guide to put your iDevice into a tethered jailbroken state using iBooty software.

Update#1: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b3 to Fix iPod Touch 4G iBooty Issues
Update#2: Download iBooty 2.2 to Boot iOS 4.3 iDevice into Tethered Mode

Download Links:

Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X
Download iBooty 2.1 for iPhone 4 [Includes: llb.4.dfu]
Download iBooty 2.1 for iPhone 3GS [Includes: llb.3gs.dfu]
Download iBooty 2.1 for iPod Touch 4G [Includes: llb.ipt4.dfu]
Download iBooty 2.1 for iPod Touch 3G [Includes: llb.ipt3.dfu]

mete5 years ago

thx i am in ios 5.0.1 i installed cydia with sn0wbreeze i downloaded ibooty it worked thx again

shy5 years, 6 months ago

what if there is no jailbreak happened? in case of my ipod. i just updated it on 4.3version. then it goes on recovery mode!! what would i do???

Not possible. Restoring stock IPSW will never send it to recovery mode. What is your iPod model and what is the complete name of IPSW file you restored? In worst case, use this guide http://bit.ly/iMHlBp

JenC5 years, 8 months ago

help me pls i cannot boot from ibooty v2.1, i was used snowbreeze 2.3b3 hichic. i cannot login cydia. thanks

TwistBeta25 years, 8 months ago

Heh i TRIED 10 times wid the Ibooty 2.1 never worked on my IPOD touch 4g… Looks like still bugs in it.. Just wait and dont turn your ipod/iphone off or else you will have to restore becuz the ibooty doesnt work and there is no way to get it out of recovery mode. Or else you can try this to get out of recovery mode… Hold power+home button for ten seconds then let go of the power button when the apple logo appears. then just hold homebutton like for 3 seconds after the apple logo appears. Dont hold the home button for long time after the apple logo has appeared or else it will still say in recovery mode. Ok stay tune. Just enjoy MULTItasking. I tried I botty2.1 and doesnot work.. So dont waste time.. Bybye now

TwistBeta25 years, 8 months ago

Disclaimer: Further action or any problems will be your faults.. THX dont blame me.. I heard rumors that Snowbreeze 2.3.b4 will be realeased some time today may fix the Ibooty THANG not working. Plus always check Ionic website to see when the unthethered jailbreak will be released becuz u knw sometimes we just waste time jailbreaking thethered and the next day you see a new jailbreak which is unthethred (meaning you dont have to use anykind of tetheredbooting device to boot your device when it is stuck at the apple logo or when u shut ur computer down) Sorry I am typing this and not looking at the grammar stuff, so pardon if the stuff doesnot make sense. I think you shud just restore to the official 4.3 make sure you backup before you restore so u dont lose anything. There is always a risk in tethered jailbreak (which requires a software like ibooty to bootup your device). Ok enjoy now

TwistBeta25 years, 8 months ago

Shoot me an email if you need help.. Dont expect an immediate reply becuase I am a busy person.. Cydia will not work as long as we dont use the Ibooty becuz it patched the thethered files and makes the cydia work. Since the Ibooty is wonky and doesnot want to work… Just dont use CYDIA untill a new update to Ibooty comes out

JenC5 years, 8 months ago

I cannot boot when use ibooty 2.1 for my ipod touch 4G. No load. I don’t understand. Can help me pls. Thanks so much.

Cydia is crashing because you have not used iBooty 2.1.