After jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on iOS 4.3, your must install AppSync to get cracked apps working on your iDevice. Cracked or jailbroken apps are those apps whose DRM is stripped to make them work on other iDevices for which they are not purchased. What AppSync do is that it patches the MobileInstallation file on your iDevice so that you can sync cracked apps with iTunes.
IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/19/2013: Hackulous is now OFFICIALLY DEAD, so you won't be able to download AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download AppSync from: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013)
Steps to Install AppSync for iOS 4.3 Through Cydia:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom followed by a tap on Sources section.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right and then tap on Add button on the top-left. Enter the following address as your Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
- Wait while Cydia adds Hackulo.us repo and reloads its data.
- Once done, tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type AppSync for OS 4.0+ in the search field.
- Click on Install button on the top-right to install AppSync app.
- Wait while Cydia downloads and installs AppSync on your iDevice.
- Thats it. Now install Installous 4 by using the instructions here.
Note: If you will not install AppSync, iTunes will delete cracked apps automatically whenever you will sync your iDevice with your PC or Mac. AppSync for iOS 4.0+ is valid for iOS 4.3/4.2.1/4.1/4.0. I have tested it on my jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.
Be Sure to Read:
- Top 3 Best Installous Alternatives
- Fix Installous 5 Installation Failed: Invalid IPA Error on iOS 5.x.x