After jailbreaking iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with PwnageTool bundles, you can install Installous to try cracked iPhone apps on your jailbroken iDevice. To sync these cracked apps with iTunes, you must install AppSync for iOS 4.3.1 otherwise iTunes will delete all those cracked apps while syncing your iDevice with your PC or Mac. AppSync will patch the MobileInstallation file on your iDevice which allows you to install cracked apps on it and tricks iTunes to think that your apps are legitimately purchased from App Store.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially DEAD, so you won't be able to download AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download AppSync from: (2011 Best Cydia Sources, 2012 Best Cydia Sources, 2013 Best Cydia Sources)
Steps to Install AppSync for iOS 4.3.1 Through Cydia:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- Tap on the Manage tab at bottom and then tap on Sources section.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right and then tap on Add button on the top-left. Enter http://cydia.hackulo.us as Cydia/APT URL and click on Add Source button.
- Wait while Cydia adds Hackulo.us repo and reloads its data.
- Once done, tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type AppSync for OS 4.0+ in the search field.
- Click on Install button on the top-right to install AppSync app.
- Wait while Cydia downloads and installs AppSync on your iDevice.
- Thats it. Feel free to try as many premium apps you want on your iDevice.
If for some reason, you can't add Hackulo.us repo, just download AppSync for 4.0+ DEB file from here and use this guide to install AppSync DEB to your iDevice manually. Similarly download Installous 4 DEB file from here and use the same guide to install it manually without SSH'ing into your iDevice.
Also Be Sure to Read:
- Top Installous Alternatives
- Top Websites to Download Cracked Apps
- How to Install Installous on iOS 5.1.1 to Get Cracked iPhone Apps
- Fix Installous 5 Installation Failed: Invalid IPA Error on iOS 5.x.x